Paul Wight: The Giant or The Big Show??

• The Giant

• The Big Show

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CM Steel

A REAL American
Since Andre the Giant the wrestling world hasn't seen a giant wrestler until the debut in WCW of Paul Wight aka "the Giant" at the time. WCW billed him up as "the long lost son of Andre the Giant", lol. And he they his first match a world title match against none other than Hulk Hogan. The man who knocked off Andre the Giant from his thrown years earlier.

We've seen some historic things from the Giant in WCW. Winning the WCW in his first ever match. Joining the nWo (New World Order) faction. Holding the WCW tag team titles solo at one point. And dropkicking an opponent from the top rope. But good things must come to an end with the Giant...Enter the BIG SHOW!

Paul Wight made his debut in the WWF on Valentines Day on a WWF PPV dubbed "St. Valentines Day Massacre", as thy Paul Wight was dubbed "the Big Show" upon making his in-ring debut at Wrestlemania 15 in a match against Mankind (Mick Foley). Since then the Big Show has had classic matches, two WWF/E world title runs (well three if you included the WWECW title?), has stepped up as being one of the WWE lockerroom leaders, and has been one of the strong backbones in the company.

But what will Paul Wight be known for the most in his epic career? From being the Giant aka Andre the Giant Jr. Or the Big Show?? And he's far for retirement.

Without a doubt it's Big Show, there wouldnt be a Show without The Giant but he wont be remembered for that. The Big Show is who will go down in history

It's got to be The Big Show for me. He was involved in my favorite wrestling moment when Brock Lesner superplexed Show and the ring broke.

He has been involved in a lot of pretty lame celeb matches. Akibono, Floyd Mayweather and now it looks like Shaq. He's going to loose that one as well i bet. Big Show should really have another title run. Maybe after Money In The Bank please!

The Giant was much lighter and a better performer, then he got complacent as WCW and WWF fought over who was going to sign him. He became unmotivated and lazy, the weight piled on and his abilities lessened.

The Big Show will be remembered longer but the Giant was the better incarnation. Had he maintained the build and abilities he had in WCW, Paul Wight most likely would be mentioned in the same breath as HBK and the Undertaker, possibly even the same breath as the Austin, Rock and Hogan. There are few guys that can even be mentioned in the same breath for not reaching their true potential as Show.

I liked Wight better as The Giant because he just seemed so much more dominant back then. He has never gotten the good long run with the world title that a character such as The Big Show should have had. Now he's a jobber to the stars who spends half his time in random tag teams when he's not losing a high profile feud or losing to a guest star at Wrestlemania. Whereas when he was The Giant in WCW he saw his best moments in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back