Paul Heyman Teased as Live Smackdown's GM

For Heyman's long-term future in the company, I hope not. It's well documented Heyman, Stephanie and Vince don't get along. Heyman is more creative and a better performer on the mic than both collectively. The only reason Heyman is still with WWE is because of how over he is, Lesnar likes him, and together they are doubly over, but that's also because Heyman's role is just to listen to Vince and Stephanie, and it's reduced--he's only around when Lesnar is, which is a few months an year.

Unless Stephanie and Vince have matured, and can work with Heyman in a mature way, making him GM means him having a bigger role in a show, and thus being around more, and thusly, more exposure and opportunities for the three to keep crossing paths, having to interact, and have a falling out.

Besides, I doubt Heyman is interested. Even though Paul Heyman's Smackdown in 2003 is one of the best periods in WWE history, in 2016 Heyman probably isn't too interested, and you can't replicate what he did in his younger days with Lesnar, Angle, Benoit, Los Guerreros, and Mysterio.

I'd much prefer letting Regal try to run SmackDown again as a corrupt GM since his run was cut short in 2008 due to a suspension, but it was so obvious heel GM Regal was going to be epic.

Heyman COULD... run NXT (if he works better with HHH.) That's a limited schedule, and again, he wouldn't have to interact with Stephanie and not as much with Vince who lets HHH run NXT.

I can only see Heyman getting involved creatively when and if Lesnar retires from the ring. It might be seen by some as a conflict of interest if he has creative control as well as managing Lesnar. Not that Lesnar needs it, but wearing two hats wouldn't look good on him.

Well like someone else said, if it was tweeted it's probably false and done just to troll fans. It worked judging from this thread.

I'd much prefer to see Heyman head a creative team again. The Heyman onscreen GM era was marked by good storytelling based on the fact that Paul was also plotting the show and pushing the best talent. The fact that he was onscreen GM had little to do with the quality of the era.

We're going to see teases of past GMs right up until they announce the official brand heads, which are most likely to be the McMahon siblings. I wouldn't be shocked if they both named GMs, so as to allow sporadic appearances. I can't see them bringing back past talent.

They'll tease everyone: Vickie, Johnny Ace, Regal, the laptop/Cole, Austin, Foley, The Coach, even Adamle. We won't see AJ Lee, Bischoff, or Brad Maddox, but they may even get teased (seriously they won't mention AJ).

We saw Teddy Long on Raw last week, so don't look too far into the Heyman tease. They'll tease the past GMs in an effort to create hype for new GMs in the new Brand Extension.

Heyman as GM would be cool. The guy is obviously entertaining as hell and if there's anyone you want to see cutting a 20 minute promo, it's Paul Heyman. But an on-screen GM is all he would be. I REALLY can't see him ever getting involved creatively after the gigantic shitshow his first time around was. Watch his DVD, he actually talks about how his first stint as head of Creative on Smackdown nearly extinguished his love for the business and resulted in many heated blowouts with Vince.

1. Vince probably wouldn't go for it again
2. Paul probably doesn't want to go anywhere near the book again

But as for an on-screen authority figure, it could happen. I doubt it though. Heyman's set role in the company at this point seems to be manager to Brock Lesnar, and it works out great for everybody that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back