• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Paul Bearer: Hall of Fame?

DeadMan5000

Dark Match Winner
I know this has probably been done before, but it hasn't been in a while, but do you guys think Paul Bearer aka "Percy Pringle" deserves a spot in the WWE Hall of Fame?

I most certainly do; I used to think he was very intriguing to listen to, and is arguable one of the best managers of all time. His managing career started in 1978 in independent promotions but then worked up to WCCW in 1984 and was a manager for many top stars such as Rick Rude, Steve Austin, and many more including Undertaker in his early days as "Mean" Mark Callous.

He then joined the WWF in 1991 by the name of Paul Bearer and managed the Undertaker until 1996. After turning on him and joining Mankind, he then joined forces yet again with the Undertaker only to present the Undertaker with his younger brother Kane. Paul Bearer managed Kane through the summer of 1998 and then rejoined Undertaker for the fall of 1998 all the way until the year 2000.

He was apart of many great storylines, most notably the Ministry of Darkness, Feud with Mankind, and the feud with the Undertaker alongside Kane. He was a very intriguing character and even won Manager of the year in 1998. He is most definitely recognized for standing side by side with The Undertaker all those years, raising Undertaker to new heights.

So my question is, do you think Paul Bearer should join the manager wing of the WWE Hall of Fame one day?

yes he was an iconic figure in the WWE as the Undertaker's manager, as well as the quasi manager of Mankind, Vader, Goldust, Executioner, and Kane.

I believe he does. He played a huge part in a lot of Undertaker's 20 years in the business. Not only Undertaker either, he managed Kane and was his mouth piece when Kane debuted. Kane, even though it was for a short time even captured The WWF Championship.

He also managed Mankind in his most deranged days! Paul Bearer turning on Taker in favor of Mankind was huge. He lead Mankind during his dominance of Taker during those days. He also did a lot before the WWF/E... Many guys that are already in The HOF didn't even do as much in WWF/E as they did other places.

He had a long and pretty relevant career, especially for a high pitch voice, pasty white fat guy. LOL... My vote would be yes! He gets in!

110% YES. When you think of managers in the WWF/WWE Paul Bearer definitely comes to mind. He's best known obviously for bouncing from Undertaker to Kane and back again. As well as a run as the manager of Kane/Mankind. I personally loved seeing him try to act evil. The faces he could make were HILARIOUS yet at the same time spooky. And the way he would carry the urn. Made me think there really WAS something in it.

Paul Bearer for HoF!!!

well id have to agree and might i also add, the funeral parlor and even befort that, even his wrestling days itself. if he was apart of wcwlike was mentioned, this would be a good year for him to go in due to the "wcw" themed wrestlemania

I think he should be in the Hall of Fame just because of his legacy alone, he is one of the better managers in recent history but I feel he will probably go in the same year as The Undertaker does.

can there really be any doubt? I remember a ton of managers... I only remember a few of their names, he's one, and as with the others, I sure as hell remember WHO he managed, one of the greatest of all time and in many peoples eyes I'm sure he IS the greatest

Definitely. Paul Bearer used to frighten me more than the Taker when I was a kid.

Bearer is one of the most recognizable and classic managers in pro-wrestling (not just the WWE/F) history. His name is synonymous with the early career of the Undertaker, who no means is a slouch either, so unequivocally yes, or as Paul might have said (while carrying the urn) "Ohhhhhhh Yesssssss! Yes! Yes! Yes!"

Definite yes. There is no way this man can be overlooked, he is one of the main names you think of when you think manager, and he is instantly recognisable. You wouldn't think it if you just saw him, but he has become one of, if not the best manager of all time. Managing the Undertaker, then turning on Taker for Kane, then turning back to Taker, and bouncing around with a couple of other different wrestlers, showed he was flexible as well. And there was something about him that made him unique from the others, and made it possible for him to be successful.

In the words of Paul Bearer himself: "Yeees, Yeessss, Yeeeessssss"

I loved Paul Bearer as a kid. He was just weird as hell and made Taker and later Kane seem more intimidating. He was one of the best ringside manager characters of all time I think. And the promo work he did in the run up to Kane's arrival is some of my favourite stuff ever. Love Paul Bearer and if he's ever inducted into the hall (By Taker?? Or even WITH Taker???), then he'll be fully deserving.

Of course Paul Bearer is warranted a Hall of Fame induction. He has been a big part of WWE as well as Undertaker's character throughout the majority of his career, he contributed to both the success of Undertaker as well as Kane. Both who pretty much got over with great help from Paul Bearer.

I guess they'll wait for him to be inducted however, somewhere along the lines of together with Undertaker. They'll most likely go in together, perhaps induct each other I would guess. But either way, Paul Bearer is definitely deserving of a Hall of Fame induction.

Surely Paul Bearer will be inducted. I thought he was great as Percy Pringle before joining the WWE. He is simply one of the best managers of all time. I'll take the Funeral Parlour over Brother Love's show any day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back