When Should Paul Bearer Return?

javierjiminy

Dark Match Jobber
Personally, I'd like to see Paul Bearer return for one last ride with the Undertaker.(No pun intented.) I'd like to see him return with Taker and Kane either at Vengeance or Survivor Series. I do believe returning with Kane at HIAC is too soon to happen, so that's not an option. But either way, Bearer's return to WWE would be something that fans would like to see before Undertaker goes 20-0 and retires on us. So my questions are the following:
1.)When you you like to see Bearer's return?
2.)How would you book his epic return?
3.)What storylines would you have Bearer and the Brothers of Destruction in?(Include Wrestlemania ideas for Taker's 20-0.)
4.)Let's not forget about the power of the Urn.

Personally, I'd like to see Paul Bearer return for one last ride with the Undertaker.(No pun intented.) I'd like to see him return with Taker and Kane either at Vengeance or Survivor Series. I do believe returning with Kane at HIAC is too soon to happen, so that's not an option. But either way, Bearer's return to WWE would be something that fans would like to see before Undertaker goes 20-0 and retires on us. So my questions are the following:
3.)What storylines would you have Bearer and the Brothers of Destruction in?(Include Wrestlemania ideas for Taker's 20-0.)

No. I don't want to see him return. His persona isn't fit for the current time. If it was 1996 I'm glad to have him back. I don't want to see Undertaker sealing his legacy together with this guy. Come on, we are on "reality era" right? The fans wouldn't buy this supernatural things. Not now. Sorry :lmao:

Also I don't want to see the Brothers of Destruction back together again. Remember the last storyline between Kane and The Undertaker? Didn't Kane put Undertaker into a vegetative state (although this storyline is actually thrown out of the shelf)? This feud will be going nowhere and it is already overused.

Just return the Undertaker and Kane, have their individual storylines without crossing each other's path again. And for your question to when should Paul Bearer return? I want to see him the night before Wrestlemania, The Hall of Fame Ceremony being inducted by Undertaker and Kane.

While I would certainly enjoy seeing Bearer back, I don't think there will ever again be a time and place for it. Undertaker only has three matches left on his career AT BEST, and possibly only one at worst. That one match, if it his last, shouldn't involve managers or interference or anything like that. It should just involve Undertaker and another guy going out and giving the fans their all to send off a 20+ year career with a beautiful match and a clean finish. Bearer coming back would mean that he would be getting involved and the urn would play some type of significance and all that nonsense that neither Taker nor the fans really need anymore.

I'm still lobbying for Mankind vs Taker @ WM28 HiaC. Just have Mankind chokeslam Taker through to top of the cell, through the mat, have the hole in the mat fill with Co2 smoke, and that be the end of the match, with Foley up top screaming like he used to just after he debuted in the WWF while he pulls out his hair and intermittently scream "Have a nice day!" Paul Bearer could be there in Mankind's corner. Then on Raw the following night the WWE can have a funeral for the Undertaker and pay their respects to their fallen hero (19-1, Mankind (perhaps with some help from Kane) ends the streak, as the only competitor who has ever deserved that honor), and can be officiated by Paul Bearer, and have special guest speakers Mankind & Kane. This of course would all proceed from his induction into the 2012 WWE HoF.

Even though that'll never happen (but it should) I think when Undertaker retires, Paul Bearer will be there with him at the end, as will Kane, in some form or another.

Never. Not to sound like a Dick, but I really never was a fan of Paul Bearer. I thought that Undertaker got darker and more "Spooky" without him. Paul always reminded me of Gomez Adams with a bad Thyroid problem. I'm not speaking on his weight, but Paul Bearer never helped the Undertaker gimmick, to be honest. Taker is fine these days without him. I personally think he is better as Percy Pringle and he should stay that way anymore.

Paul Bearer should ither not come back ever! Or he should come back during wrestlemania whilst Undertaker takes number 20 and they leave together somehow.

One way or another if I ever see him again it will be too soon.

Better question: Why should Paul Bearer come back? He was used as a mouthpiece for Taker, something he obviously doesn't need anymore. What could he possibly bring to the table at this point? Do you remember how ridiculously stupid the last angle he had was? I really have no reason to believe another one would be any better.

I say just leave him be. There are plenty of possible angles for Taker if he's to return any time soon, none of which would improve in the slightest if Paul Bearer were to return with him. I cannot think of one possible reason that I would want to see him on my TV again.

Paul Bearer cant nor should he come back. Undertaker "killed" him a few years back by burying him in cement. Yes it was reported that he "survived" but onscreen he died. He served his purpose.

I agree with Nate. Why does Bearer need to return at all? Taker no longer needs a manager and they already did his return last year. He turned on Taker then a flopped angle where Edge "kidnapped" Bearer while taking him to each Smackdown show and Kane tried to save him. Do you guys really want to see something like THAT again?

If I had to book his return it would be for a Wrestlemania angle. Bearer returns to become allies with The Brothers of Destruction again. They dominate and perhaps do a short tag team run. Suddenly someone steals the Urn from Bearer, they also kill off Bearer (kayfabe) which leads into Taker's final Wrestlemania match against this individual. Kane would have to get taken out by them too first somehow, but Taker wins in the end and retires at 20-0. I wouldn't really want to see this due to complicated booking but if Bearer had to come back then this type of angle is a good route to take.

He should never return to the business for any angle or anything else. Last time he returned no one gave a shit and he didn't make the Taker/Kane or the Edge/Kane rivalry more interesting at all. Like others have said Paul was used as just a mouthpiece and a manager for Taker but Taker didn't need him and he never did. The Undertaker character got Taker over and not Paul Bearer. Bearer just added to his character when Taker was young in his career but let's face it.. He's no longer needed.

When should he return? Maybe in a couple of years to get inducted into the Hall of Fame by either Kane or maybe even Taker. But a full time return to the business is definitely not needed.

I too would love to see Paul Bearer return with Undertaker one last time especially since this WrestleMania will probably be Taker's last, and then as soon as the match is over, Paul can show him the urn and say that it is time to go home, Taker starts to cry, and then after can get on his knees and stick his tongue out with his eyes rolled back into his head, and then the lights go out with Taker and Paul, and when they come back on, both Paul and Taker are gone

I would love to see him just to hype up whatever the WM28 match would be. Not in Undertaker's corner, not involved in the storyline but maybe someone who airs a video package talking about The Undertaker. Like mentioned before, Taker only has a handful of matches, and possibly his last match will be at WM28. I think it would be fitting to at least have Bearer say something. If WWE did have him as a manager at the WM28 match, I wouldn't want him to get involved in anyway. Have him walk out with Taker, then sit on the sideline.

The man has been drowned in cement and thrown off a scaffolding to plunge 100 meters into his death. But you still expect him to return? Who is he, Michael Myers?

I think his on-screen career is pretty much over. He already had one last run with Taker and Kane. I don't expect to see him back until he gets inducted into the Hall of Fame on the same day the Undertaker gets inducted.

The good thing about the world of the WWE is logic does not always have to exist (especially in connection to The Undertaker) so saying Paul can't return because he was buried in cement does not really count. I would only like to see Paul return for a couple of reasons..one being if The Undertaker is fit enough to come back and be involved in a long storyline(not just a streak build up a couple weeks before Wrestlemania). If Paul has a reason to be part of the storyline I would like to see him return but only if he is relevant and has a place in whatever the story may be.

Secondly and more likely..it will be Undertakers last Wrestlemania and I would like Paul to be involved purely out of respect for the history of the two together and it would be fitting seeing as Paul took on the job of managing Undertaker from very early on and despite what some posters have written I feel Paul was a big factor in keeping The Undertaker interesting in the early zombie mortician, no move selling days. His ringside antics and promos with Undertaker where brilliant and although this is no longer needed it would be a nice tribute to see Paul alongside "his" Undertaker at Wrestlemania for the 20-0

Never, the first time was just so pointless and stupid.

His return should only be an official funeral for his "apparent death of his character" last year.

Brother's of Destruction will never return, Kane is just ridiculous as always and Undertaker is NOW ONLY HIS OWN MAN. The only time Undertaker will ever wrestle is in WrestleMania or another big event, and that won't be with Kane.

The Power of the Urn was only entertaining twenty years ago

The only time I want to see Paul Bearer is when Undertaker retires and they do a big send off. Paul Bearer deserves a lot for helping Undertaker early on establish himself. Undertaker is a VERY smart guy but 20 years ago he was still a little green and wasn't established. Paul Bearer I believe helped Undertaker by enhancing the Undertaker and never stole the spotlight from him until he turned heel but that was simply to freshen things up. I really hope when Undertaker retires they induct Paul Bearer too. He isn't one of the greatest managers ever but his longevity, loyalty and contributions deserve to be recognized.

There are three more times (possibly two) Paul Bearer should come "Back". When/if he gets inducted into the HOF and when Undertaker and Kane do so as well. Thats it. Ill admit, at one point in time I loved what paul bearer did with undertaker and kane. But that was before wrestling was more of a comic book then reality. No place for Bearer anymore. Does Undertaker reutrn at HIAC? I doubt it. But wwe does crazier things. I do see kane or big show coming back and attacking mark henry though. Its Due. Who do I wanna see undertaker face at wm? I would love to see mick foley, but I dont think it will happen, it would be a killer match. If its undertakers TRUE last wrestlemania, Kane is the logical choice, and well deserved. Undertake was always one of those wrestlers that had a fued or was involved with many things/people over a few months time, except when it involved his "baby brother" Kane. That would be the right thing to do, with the undertaker going over of course. He'll never lose at WM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back