• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Out of Brodus Clay, Ryback, Sandow and Cesaro, who has a REAL bright future in WWE?

Well, let's see: Brodus Clay = Rikishi 2.0, Sandow = The Genius 2.0, Ryback = Goldberg 2.0, and Cesaro = still trying to figure that one out. I think in a few years, Sandow will be a main event heel. His promos and the way he carries himself screams massive heel. Ryback will be the "Goldberg" of this era. He needs to destroy a top level heel or do a run in when Cena or Punk is getting a beatdown to save them. Brodus will turn heel after a while when he gets tired of "being nice", a la Big Show right now. As for Cesaro, I'm just learning about this guy (Haven't watched his segments on Smackdown in a while) so I can't give a good opinion.

Ryback- Simply put, I like Ryback. I don't know what it is but I am so intrigued by him. Even though he is squashing jobbers right now, I still can't wait for him to come on. I have a feeling they are waiting for Kane to get done with his fued for him to fued with Ryback. None the less, I believe Ryback will be in the WHC picture at this time and not because I simply like him, but Vince seems to love him.

Brodus Clay- 3 years from now, I see Brodus Clay as either another Santino, who is usually just a comedy act or maybe a tag team. He will likely hold the U.S. or Intercontinental title at some point but no world title.

Antonio Cesaro- Antonio Cesaro will be an average mid-carder in the WWE. Probably holding the Intercontinental and U.S. Title at sevaral occasions. I see Christian giving him the rub soon. Cesaro could maybe make it to the main event later but in 3 years, Mid-Card.

Damien Sandow- Damien Sandow is very impressive to me. I am enjoying him and he is starting out the right way. In 3 years, Sandow will be an established mid-carder who many will know that he will eventually be in the main event. He will be a staple in the mid-card and occasionally fued with main-eventers. Give it about two years later (5 years from now) and he will be a main eventer.

Nice thread.

I think you could also include Sin Cara in this, considering that he is also having repeat matches with low level opponents, building for the future. Also Tensai was too. But they all have different levels!

Damien Sandow - My new personal favorite wrestler and I believe the future of WWE. IMO he has the highest cieling for potential and accomplishments in WWE!

Ryback - He is going to be relevant and possibly win gold first but I don't see him being around all that long. Kinda like a Batista.

Antonio Cesaro - I like him in-ring but I dont think the gimmick will get him far and his music is AWFUL! He would be solid IC contender or maybe World title contenteder if he stays around long enough.

Brodus Clay - Except maybe sandow, possibly the most longevity here as a performer. He could stay the funkasaurus for awhile and then turn heel in 2 years and go for gold. He wont reach same heights others could but he could be relevant longer.

Tensai w/Sakamoto - First to lose. and First to be repackaged. He has some talent but I think he will be gone soon. I do expect a small push or title reign before he departs again though.

Sin Cara - I think the first to be pushed farther and maybe first to win any gold. Only problem is Mysterio's "ceiling" wasn't that high and Sin Cara is even MORE limited.

If you do Ryback correctly, you will have a big draw.

You can laugh at that all you want, but it's similar to Goldberg. That gimmick was quite the cash cow. If WWE Booking is smart, have him do these squash matches till the Rumble. He could make a huge impact on WWE Television.

Have a couple good feuds. Something where you want to see he destroy someone else. Cody Rhodes drops a promo about how awesome he is. Then Ryback's music hits. He will get quite the pop.

What I really like about Ryback. His music is simple. You don't have a stupid rock song playing that doesn't have any meaning to the character. Have someone like the Miz get him more over.

Overall, the other guys are decent and are handling their gimmicks well. Ryback can be something good. If done right.

Are all of you really that much doubting Anotino Ceasro? This guy is going to be the biggest out of all the names mentioned, lol.

The likes of JR, Regal, and Steamboat are high on him, Ceasro was in FCW for a couple months while guys like Sandow, Ryback, and Clay spent a long time in FCW.

Cesaro was quickly thrust into a role with a fairly hot manager, Aksana.. and I mean hot in more ways than one.. she was just hanging on the Smackdown GM.. she has some allure to her. Cesaro's in-ring style and look will carry him straight to the top, it's only a matter of time. Just wait til the find someone good to match him up with for 15-20 minute matches...

Plus they even gave him a re-debut package right before CM Punk and Kane. They said... Antonio Cesaro.. re-debuts... next week.. so we've barely even seen the debut of Cesaro. I think his gimmick is pretty bad though, mainly his music.

But I think all of them will be successes in the WWE... There is plenty of room on the roster.

I'm really liking Clay and Sandow. Sandow is a classic style wrestler and reminds me of time of old. It's entertaining every time. Clay keeps getting better and better and I really wanted to see him and Show go at it. The Funkadactyls are good at what they do to. Out of the two I say Clay will hit the top faster but I don't know who will stay there longer.

As for the other two, IMO Ryback looks too constipated. When he has two people or pipe cleaners on his back and does the foot stomp thing he looks like he's going to crap himself. He needs to tone it down. Goldberg wasn't always "on", he was cool then got crazy. Cesaro for me and this is my opinion just looks wrong and his manager isn't that good looking. Teddy can have her. lol

Brodus is the most over right now and they are making some tweaks to his gimmick perhaps with a look to putting him in more important scenarios. Overall I can't really see him as a long term top guy but I think he'll keep a solid spot on the card as long as his gimmick remains over, in the same way the Godfather did for years.

Ryback could do with tweaking his mannerisms which can look goofy but he hits his power moves crisply and varies them up. I do wonder if established guys will let him hit them and powerbomb them the way the jobbers do which could effect how devastating he looks, he's the type that needs to be booked perfectly to work, he's not the type you can throw into crappy angles and he'll make it work, but get the very specific booking right and he can be a main event player.

Sandow has his gimmick down perfectly and I see his path to the top taking a similar road to Cody's, he'll have a long mid-card title run with occasional main event appearances before making the transition fully as a top heel.

Cesaro has a unique style and a great look but I don't think they have debuted him all that well. His entrance music is dreadful, his Rugby background is pointless and the cuckold gimmick with Aksana and Teddy is just tacky. They should have just stuck with the ex-Swiss special forces background and put him in longer matches where he brutalized his opponents. Hopefully his ability will overcome these early hurdles.

Sandow and Cesaro are legimately great talents. Cesaro's rugby gimmick is pretty lame, but it's a start, he'll be a slow burn on the roster but should eventually be a top star through sheer talent. Sandow has a great character and is playing it excellently, he's already one of the best parts of SD. He'll go places fast.

Clay is pretty bad, and Ryback remains to be seen. He can squash, but can he go longer and bigger than that? Clay, as it turns out, isn't good for anything past squash matches.

I think Sandow will be huge if booked right. The guy is gold on the mic, he has great in ring skills and he can draw heat like very few on the roster can. Cesaro should be the one being build, but his debut was AWFUL. His music, his ring attire, his storyline everything about it is just a miss in my opinion. I mean where do you go with him? After the Teddy thing he is nothing more than a mid-carder at best. Nothing stands out at all. I personally think that the best has yet to debut, that being Dean Ambrose. The guy is gold and WWE is taking their time with him which is a very good thing.

Neither of this is decent the wrestler sucks.
because the just aint good enough to be in indy promotions.
out of them ryback calls wwe wuvs him.

The only one I see being World Champion out of these men one day is
Antonio Cesaro. Cesaro is talented as hell. And he looks like a superstar, and his gimmick isn't too crappy. Sandow is even more talented, but he strikes me as the kind of guy WWE drops the ball on. Let's hope I'm wrong. Ryback and Clay will hit the glass ceiling at the midcard, due to not being very talented. Or in Clay's case, having a mid card gimmick.

The only one I see being World Champion out of these men one day is
Antonio Cesaro. Cesaro is talented as hell. And he looks like a superstar, and his gimmick isn't too crappy. Sandow is even more talented, but he strikes me as the kind of guy WWE drops the ball on. Let's hope I'm wrong. Ryback and Clay will hit the glass ceiling at the midcard, due to not being very talented. Or in Clay's case, having a mid card gimmick.

Tell me what makes Clay and Ryback not very talented but Cesaro sooooooo great???? Ryback aka Skip has been talked about as being a very good worker for q while now. These recent so called reports of talent not wanting to work with him due to him being inexperienced and sloppy to me sound made up. While he was in Nexus he worked a match with Cena. Now after rehabing an injury all of a sudden he is inexperienced. If Vince is behind him the same Vince who pulled Brodus off TV cause he felt Brodus was to dangerous and needed refinement in the ring, if Vince is firmly behind Ryback you can bet Ryback has Talent and is a good worker!!!!!

Damien Sandow is my pick, because before he even stepped in the ring he had a character to get people interested in. The WWE likes to have people with established character and amazing promo skills. Damien Sandow has it all plus a great moveset in the ring. He is a future champion and is on the rise. Hopefully he doesn't catch Drew Mcintyre syndrome and become a mid-card champ and then finally fall down the ladder of sucess. I hope he is used properly and that he gets a feud soon.

I have only seen one match with Antonio Cesaro in it, but he looks good. The others however are stuck in Mid-card purgatory, its a shame but it will happen.

i believe Ryback and Sandow like you said will make it because Sandows mic skills and ablity to get to the crowd will put him over as well as rybacks Goldberg like monster face gimmick

really hoping Clay is really hurt and WWE will replace him in the PPV preshow with Ryback against the guy who took Clay out, David Otunga.

All 4 have a chance.
Ryback is a destroyer, and yes, I hear all the "Goldberg II" crap, but that doesn't falter he has the "IT" factor. Waiting for him to grab the mic; I did like his mic time on NXT as Skip Sheffield, and I have high hopes.
Sandow is golden on the mic and has pretty solid ring work. Really like his character. Hallelujah!
Clay's Funkasaurus gimmick to me is iffy, but it's tolerable for now. I see him growing out of it before too long and turning into something better.
Cesaro has amazing in-ring talent, as I've seen from his indy work. Looking forward to his character development.
Conclusion: All 4 have what it takes, but only time will tell how far they can go.

Ryback, vince likes him and he has all the tools. He just needs the right push which I'm sure vince will make sure he gets as long as he stays on his good side.

I find Clay entertaining but honestly I don't think his character has the staying power to actually have a really good run.

Cesaro just bores me but I do think Sandow has all the tools to maybe become a stud but I just see him fizzling out.

There is really too little to go on at the moment with regards to Sandow and Cesaro. Sandow does have an interesting gimmick but that alone is no guarantee for success, like Sean O' Haire found out in 2003. Also, while that gimmick is interesting, I do not think that it is a gimmick with which you can become a world champion. He could be a good midcard heel with that sort of schtick but not a world champion. Additionally, it would be interesting to see how long he can keep this stuff going without it actually seeming repetitive. To be honest, it seems like a weaker version of CM Punk's straight edge gimmick. Now, that worked because Punk actually got a real life druggie to work with in his feud with Jeff Hardy but he eventually had to change his character before he got another chance to work at that level again. The same is bound to happen to Sandow, only sooner, and much before he makes it to the main event.

As for Cesaro, he has only been featured in squash matches and has hung around with Aksana and Teddy. He doesn't even have much of a character as of yet.

Brodus is someone who will be a comedy character for life. He will be this generation's Too Cool. People like to see him dance and squash nobodies but even those who like him would not imagine him as a world champion. He can have a good career in the midcard though, winning multiple US and Tag team titles.

Ryback would have to be my pick. He looks like a beast and he has been impressive in his squash matches. The streak would eventually end and it would be a challenge to keep him interesting after that but I feel that he would be a world champion before his streak ends. Among the choices that the OP has given, only Ryback looks as if he can be a world champion, at least at this point, so I would say that he has the brightest future among the four.

When Brodus Clay returned I knew he was going to suck. His stupid gimmick is going to ruin is crappy reputation and burn it to the ground. Sandow also has a stupid gimmick and I don't know how he wins matches let alone do a wrestling move. Ryback has some potential and with his massive strength and size I see him as a future US champ. Cesaro has good potential and will soon be in contendership for the Inter-continential championship. I think this because in ROH he was in the world heavyweight championship picture. He won't get it because WWE will use him in the wrong way like they do with many other superstars. All in all, none of them have a bright future in WWE except Cesaro because WWE will use all of them poorly.

Okay, for the sake of keeping things fresh so I won't be repeating what everyone else has been saying, I'll be doing this in order from the most TV time to the least.

Brodus Clay: You know what should be scary to Brodus? How the Funkadactyls are a big part of why his character is successful. Why do I say this? Because of one particular Funkadactyl: Cameron. The same girl who was in Tough Enough that said to Stone Cold's face that the match that got her into WWE was Alicia Fox vs. Melina. She is a no talent hack who's dancing her way to relevancy just as much as Brodus is. All I'll say is that I really hope for Brodus' sake that he has a VERY GOOD plan B.

Ryback: There's a very good reason why people are chanting "Goldberg" every time he makes his entrance, but not just for the obvious reason why he is. As we all know, or at least what we take the dirt sheets' word for, Ryback is a product of Vince McMahon wanting a version of Goldberg that would be HIS creation. The problem is: When Goldberg came to WCW, he was an unknown badass who just happened to show up one night. He may have growled and yelled like a ******ed hippo, but the fans loved how crazy of a badass he was. He came from out of nowhere!

However, that's where it backfires for Ryback. Smart fans are very well aware of what he used to be. That may not seem like that big of an issue, but think about it: When Goldberg came to WCW, he just showed up looking at it as an alternative to his NFL career. WCW told him that he'll just be going out there, being the monster that he is, to see whether his character sticks or not. As we all know, it definitely stuck. With Ryback, fans know what to expect out of a guy who WWE wants to make into the next Goldberg. This of course brings HIGH EXPECTATIONS for the guy. He may be being pushed the hardest out of every new guy in WWE, but it's because he's gonna need it to actually get over. If Ryback fails to generate the same amount of excitement that Goldberg had, and if his eventual pairing with a charismatic heel leads to the fans booing when the heel they like more than the Poor Man's Goldberg loses, then all Ryback will be getting is an apologetic pat on the back from Vince saying: "I'm sorry, I placed some lofty expectations on them shoulders of yours, but we failed to meet them. We have nothing else for you."

Damien Sandow: This guy is set. ABSOLUTELY set. Although he might draw the most comparisons to Lanny Poffo character wise, I think that the ego of the current Executive Vice President of Talent and Live Events looks at Damien and thinks of "The Connecticut Blueblood" Hunter Hearst Helmsley. This guy is a natural heat magnet. I've been to quite a few FCW live events, and even with Jack Swagger's in-ring presence earlier on in the show, it was Damien Sandow's heel character that was generating a better reaction getting MASSIVE boos making a crowd of 100 sound like 1,000. People love to hate him, and he can throw one hell of a temper tantrum in response to it.

Because of his purple and pink attire, there was an ongoing chorus of DIIIIIIIIIVAAAA chants, and Damien responded brilliantly yelling "SILENCE!" whilst demanding their respect while still being able to remain in character. It was happening the WHOLE match to the point where the crowd was a bit worn out by the start of the main event. So not only does this guy have the support of a higher up who sees himself in him, but he has proven time and time again in smaller environments that if exposed to big environments, you may hear Vickie Guerrero type heat once he gets hot.

Antonio Cesaro: Out of all the guys being discussed in this thread, this guy is a force unlike Vince McMahon and WWE have ever seen before. You may consider this hyperbole, but this guy is a hybrid of both what Vince wants in a WWE Superstar, and what a smark wants in a WWE Superstar. A COMPLETE enigma in sports entertainment. So much so that, at the moment, WWE has NO IDEA what to do with him. They knew that he had little business to be in developmental due to how talented he really is, but now they've found themselves in a difficult situation of how they are supposed to build a guy that you can go SO MANY different ways with.

There are a lot of things that a lot of you are not seeing in this guy that WWE, it's Superstars and the wrestling legends that are apart of it noticed immediately. You know why he seems so uninteresting to all of you? Because, currently, he is wrestling a VERY old school style. His moveset is old school, his in-ring psychology is old school, and his finisher is old school. This is a very big guy (and this part still blows my mind) that has the technical prowess to go 60 minutes in a wrestling classic with the likes of CM Punk, Daniel Bryan (which he already has before plenty of times in the Indy circuit), Christian, Dolph Ziggler etc. and yet he is utilizing this old school style JUST BECAUSE HE CAN AND BECAUSE IN THIS DAY AND AGE, IT'S DIFFERENT!

Let's break this guy down a bit: He has been internationally trained in a European, Japanese, Japanese strong style, Mexican, and British catch wrestling style...AND YET HE HASN'T UTILIZED ANY OF IT ON TV! Unlike Ryback and Brodus Clay, he's a new guy who is FAR from green, with a character that isn't being built for the fans to have a strong reaction to yet. He's meant to be in a filler match status right now while creative is still trying to generate something for a guy like him. Vince McMahon is a genius when it comes to putting over a wrestler when he really wants to. Why do you think Ryback is being hyped as the cream of the crop in this thread? It's all Vince!

He is not only a great technical wrestler, but think about what showing off his old school style is saying to Vince. With the old school style, it's a lot to do with brawling, and making even the simplest moves look impactful. You know, basically what the face of the company has been doing for almost a decade. So NOT ONLY do we have a big guy who can work a great wrestling match with small guys, but his size also allows him to work with John Cena, Sheamus, Kane, and Big Show - making them all look like gold in the process. He's "circus strong" as Jim Ross said about him, which makes him going toe to toe with the giants of WWE look plausible.

Also, it was very smart of WWE to start Antonio off as a heel since, in my opinion, Antonio's best work is done as a face. Claudio Castagnoli's name was synonymous with coffee before David Otunga even considered picking up a travel mug (lol), and that's just one trait of his infectious personality. He's a guy who always has a smile on his face, he has a Swiss accent that makes his otherwise perfect English sound the most broken out of all the languages he speaks fluently (being bilingual means International $$$), and he has quite a dry sense of humor that'll mesh well with the current PG era that WWE is in. Antonio most recently was with a PG company (Chikara) before which specializes in comedy matches, so he'll be ready for the call as soon as he's called on to be the next mega face (aka, Cena's next #3) of WWE in the future.

What's even SCARIER is that the guy who actually brought him to the States and trained him is actually in FCW/NXT going by the name of Kassius Ohno! And he's almost as big as Antonio is! WWE's future is so bright it's BLINDING!

So in summary: Antonio is a big guy that can work with small and big guys, he's ripped, charismatic, bilingual, can work as a face and a heel, is proficient in the technical wrestling and WWE style, and is already on the main roster. He is one good storyline away from being one of the best Superstars that WWE has to offer.

In one thread, I have built up Antonio Cesaro more than WWE has since signing him. lol I hope all of the typing I did is at least worth the read for some of you, and most of all, that you have a better understanding of what Antonio has to offer for WWE.

Thanks, and I hope you all respect my opinions. :)

Damien Sandow is gonna be big in the wwe to think several years ago he was Idol Stevens. His Gimmick Reminds me of a cross between the blue blood Hunter Hearst Helmsley and The Genius and draws a lot of heat from the crowd which can make him the top heel of the company

Cesaro - I have a problem and thats cesaro is a very talented guy if you have seen his work in ROH, Chikara or other promotions this guy was golden in the ring and on the mic but WWE stuck him with a Rugby gimmick a lousy finisher and generic music. Take Cesaro off TV for a while, send him down to FCW ( or NXT) and repackage him under a different gimmick , name , moveset or hell even reunite him with Ohno/Hero to form the KOW or a WWWE version of BDK

Ryback - he is impressive in the ring and looks like a dominate force but please make him fight acual wrestlers and give him a feud

I think with his look, size and power...and knowing Vince's hard on for men like him, I definitely see bright things in the future for Ryback. The Goldberg-esque push, the whole "Feed Me More" and "Finish Him" gimmicks and the fact he is getting PPV squashes, not just matches on RAW and SD show me that WWE have big plans for Ryback. I see him as World Champion in 12 months.

Sandow is very interesting, again I like the look of him. The intellectual gimmick is different and I am curuous to see where WWE go with it. He can talk, which is a good thing so I expect a mid-card title for Sandow in the near future. Who knows how far he can go.

Antonio Cesaro is a really good wrestler. I am disappointed they brought him up as a singles wrestler, not as a tag team with Kassius Ohno (Chris Hero), as the Kings Of Wrestling were great team, and would have been more use to the WWE as a team than either Ohno or Cesaro will be as singles wrestlers in the near future.

Brodus Clay is fun, but the gimmick doesnt seem like it will have a long lifespan. My initial thought is maybe a tag title run, but no mid-card belt...but then again who would have thought Santino would have done as well as he has done?

So you really never know what WWE will do next!

cesaro reminds me of that dude in tna who came outta nowhere and started a beef with angle and squashed everybody then after running thru the whole roster became a mid carder and dissapeared. what was his name, wolfe or something? if they actually utilize him like that but keep him as an upper carder he could work out ok. the intellectual guy sandow probably gon' turn into like a rick rude or mr.perfect or dolf ziggler type of talent and eventually get a bit cooler than that whole old english with a wig and cannonball gimmick he got. he is actually super cool and almost looks like a white snoop dogg, but seems a bit fruity which off sets the cool cause it looks a bit wierd when power house's could act all the way cool but then add something almost fruity lol. not that there's anything wrong with that. the coolest is the big guy broadus clay. I like the two hot black chicks he got with him. Make's the whole show. maybe a chance to bring back some extra cool segments like the nitro girls when raw goes to three hours. Don't know if he can get to top tier though. Seems like they sidestepped a possible clay/show fight that would've helped his career out. And ryback? lol. I want to see goldberg back almost as much as tha band and kevin nash, but not in a scenario where he squashes his wannabe. Or may-be, who cares just bring back goldberg already so we can see goldberg/austin.

Brodus.

I'm joking, don't worry. Out of those four, I'd say Ryback. He'll be the WHC before the end of 2012 and will have a Sheamus like run. However, to be honest, I don't think any of these men will be the real face of the company like Cena is. I honestly have no idea who will be.

Ryback wont be a champion by the end of the year, no f'in way. He'll probably stand a good chance in the future but not within the next 6 months.

Sandow is brilliant at the moment, i really think he'll go far, a feud with him and a returning Rey could be pretty go to help elevate him to higher status.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back