Penélope Cruz, Vicky Cristina Barcelona
Viola Davis, Doubt
Taraji P. Henson, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Marisa Tomei, The Wrestler

BEST ANIMATED FEATURE
Bolt
Kung Fu Panda
WALL-E

[QUOTE="Rowdy" Monkey Piper;862943]What the fuck is the big deal about Slumdog Millionaire. That movie sucked ass.[/QUOTE]

It's set in a third-world country and it made bleeding-heart liberals cry. AMPAS is chock full of bleeding-heart liberals, so Slumdog Millionaire winning Best Picture is pretty much a guarantee (Benjamin Button is the only other film that stands a chance).

[QUOTE="Rowdy" Monkey Piper;862986]The movie is shit though. Im sorry to any one that likes it. Benjamin Button is the true deserving winner here.[/QUOTE]

This is true, but politics always wins out over merit. Do you really think Shakespeare In Love should have won Best Picture over Saving Private Ryan?

This is true, but politics always wins out over merit.

Man, you are not kidding there. The Academy is such bullshit. It's all politics. For instance, Denzel Washington does great in the majority of the movies he has stared in, but was finally given the award retroactively for Training Day. He did well in that movie, but he's done better jobs (Malcom X, for one). The only reason he won was because black people complained about the Oscars long enough for them to just finally to end that criticism.

I can't stress enough how the whole Academy process is bullshit. It's all about politics and all about what movie can they use to make the show viewable to the masses (Titanic was a perfect example). Plus, they just do plain ol' stupid shit. Russell Crowe did better acting jobs in Insider and Beautiful Mind, yet was given the award for Gladiator. Pacino got it for Scent of a Woman, but it seemed like a reward for all the other times he got the shaft. Ethan Hawke was in Training Day on screen longer than Washington, but was regulated to a supporting nomination. Same case for Casey Affleck in the Jesse James film. But then you have someone like Hopkins in Silence of the Lambs for maybe 10-15 minutes and yet, he wins the best actor Oscar. See what I'm getting at? It's all bullshit.

The only reason Slumdog Millionaire is getting the love it’s getting is because people feel bad for India. That’s it. If Penn wins over Rourke, the only reason he wins is because of the gay marriage movement going on right now. These people don’t vote on talent; it’s all politics and rules. They’re worse then the MLB Hall of Fame voters, I swear….

BEST PICTURE
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Frost/Nixon
Milk
The Reader
Slumdog Millionaire

BEST DIRECTOR
Danny Boyle, Slumdog Millionaire
David Fincher, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Ron Howard, Frost/Nixon
Stephen Daldry, The Reader
Gus Van Sant, Milk

BEST ACTOR
Richard Jenkins, The Visitor
Frank Langella, Frost/Nixon
Sean Penn, Milk
Brad Pitt, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Mickey Rourke, The Wrestler

BEST ACTRESS
Anne Hathaway, Rachel Getting Married
Angelina Jolie, Changeling
Melissa Leo, Frozen River
Meryl Streep, Doubt
Kate Winslet, The Reader

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Josh Brolin, Milk
Heath Ledger, The Dark Knight
Robert Downey Jr., Tropic Thunder
Philip Seymour Hoffman, Doubt
Michael Shannon, Revolutionary Road

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Amy Adams, Doubt
Viola Davis, Doubt

BEST ANIMATED FEATURE
Bolt
Kung Fu Panda
WALL-E[/QUOTE]

BEST PICTURE
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Frost/Nixon
Milk
The Reader
Slumdog Millionaire

BEST DIRECTOR
Danny Boyle, Slumdog Millionaire

David Fincher, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Ron Howard, Frost/Nixon
Stephen Daldry, The Reader
Gus Van Sant, Milk

BEST ACTOR
Richard Jenkins, The Visitor
Frank Langella, Frost/Nixon
Sean Penn, Milk
Brad Pitt, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Mickey Rourke, The Wrestler

BEST ACTRESS
Anne Hathaway, Rachel Getting Married
Angelina Jolie, Changeling
Melissa Leo, Frozen River
Meryl Streep, Doubt
Kate Winslet, The Reader

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Josh Brolin, Milk
Heath Ledger, The Dark Knight

Robert Downey Jr., Tropic Thunder
Philip Seymour Hoffman, Doubt
Michael Shannon, Revolutionary Road

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Amy Adams, Doubt
Viola Davis, Doubt

BEST ANIMATED FEATURE
Bolt
Kung Fu Panda
WALL-E

Best Picture - It's gonna be Slumdog Millionaire. It's that type of film that Academy types just fall head over heels for.

Best Director - Danny Boyle, Slumdog Millionaire. Great year for this upset winner in many big categories.

Best Actor - Frank Langella, Frost Nixon. I want Rourke to win for obvious reasons, but Langella was amazing in this Watergate film.

Best Actress - Kate Winslet, The Reader. Haven't seen it, never will. But I've heard she was great in this movie.

Supporting Actor - Michael Shannon, Revolutionary Road. Ledger is the sentimental choice to be sure, but from what I have read and seen, Shannon stole the show in R.R.

Supporting Actress - Marissa Tomei, The Wrestler. She won't win, but she should. Terrific performance reminds us what made her so great in My Cousin Vinny.

Animated - Wall-E. If only an animated film could get nominated for Best Picture. THis movie was AMAZING.

[Note: I’m not bothering to guess the categories of Best Documentary Feature, Best Documentary Short, Best Foreign Language Film, Best Animated Short Film, and Best Short Film. Why? Because nobody ever gives a shit about them and they’re made up of stuff nobody knows about.]

BEST ACTOR: Mickey Rourke
BEST ACTRESS: Anne Hathaway (Note: If she doesn’t get it, Kate Winslet definitely will)
BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (Note: Slumdog Millionaire is my runner up choice)
BEST ANIMATED FILM: Wall-E
BEST ART DIRECTION: The Duchess
BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY: Slumdog Millionaire
BEST COSTUME DESIGN: The Duchess
BEST DIRECTOR: Danny Boyle for Slumdog Millionaire (Note: David Fincher is my runner up choice)
BEST FILM EDITING: Slumdog Millionaire (Note: Frost/Nixon is my runner up choice)
BEST MAKEUP: The Dark Knight (Note: Benjamin Button is my runner up choice)
BEST MUSICAL SCORE: James Newton Howard for Defiance (Note: A.R. Rahman for Slumdog Millionaire is my runner up choice)
BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY: Milk
BEST ORIGINAL SONG: “Jai Ho” from Slumdog Millionaire
BEST PICTURE: Slumdog Millionaire
BEST SOUND EDITING: Wall-E (Note: The Dark Knight is my runner up choice)
BEST SOUND MIXING: Wall-E (Note: The Dark Knight is my runner up choice)
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR: Heath Ledger
BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS: Penelope Cruz
BEST VISUAL EFFECTS: The Dark Knight

Running Results For The Oscar Predictions Contest

Best Picture: Slumdog Millionaire

Best Director: Danny Boyle, Slumdog Millionaire

Best Actor: Sean Penn, Milk

Best Actress: Kate Winslet, The Reader

Best Supporting Actor: Heath Ledger, The Dark Knight

Best Supporting Actress: Penélope Cruz, Vicky Cristina Barcelona

Best Animated Feature Film: WALL-E

tdigle: 5 for 7
48.7: 4 for 7
mysterio_fan: 6 for 7
Shango: 5 for 7
Monkey: 4 for 7
Unholy Profit: 4 for 7
klunderbunker: 5 for 7
simpsons_fanatic742: 6 for 7
Sparky: 4 for 7
Lee: 4 for 7
IrishCanadian25: 4 for 7
NoFate: 5 for 7

damn I actually was going to pick Cruz, but then changed my mind.

LOL. Pitt looked please. But his facial expression also said.

"If I don't get the best actor award, Im chopping someones head off Patrick Bateman style"

Loved Penn's speech! I was torn between him and Rourke but I though Rourkes buzz would win out. I predicted all by Penn's win which is pretty good :)

Doesn't change the fact that Rourke had an incredible performance and still has an incredible career. And, well, it's not over for Rourke yet - you never know.

I do hope Rourke makes his way to WrestleMania. I think he'd do a fantastic job and would be very well received.

Running Results For The Oscar Predictions Contest

Best Picture: Slumdog Millionaire

Best Director: Danny Boyle, Slumdog Millionaire

Best Actor: Sean Penn, Milk

Best Actress: Kate Winslet, The Reader

Best Supporting Actor: Heath Ledger, The Dark Knight

Best Supporting Actress: Penélope Cruz, Vicky Cristina Barcelona

Best Animated Feature Film: WALL-E

tdigle: 5 for 7
48.7: 4 for 7
mysterio_fan: 6 for 7
Shango: 5 for 7
Monkey: 4 for 7
Unholy Profit: 4 for 7
klunderbunker: 5 for 7
simpsons_fanatic742: 6 for 7
Sparky: 4 for 7
Lee: 4 for 7
IrishCanadian25: 4 for 7
NoFate: 5 for 7

Ladies and Gentleman,

mysterio_fan and simpsons_fanatic742 have won this year's Oscar Predictions contest. I would sincerely like to thank everyone that participated; without you, this thread really could have gone to shit. More than likely, I will be giving all participants rep for, well, participating. However, if I do this, I will give mysterio_fan and simpsons_fanatic742 two green reps each. That way, everyone gets rewarded, but some get rewarded more.

haha the oscars this year seemed so predictable and nothing shocked me. I'm pissed that I didn't go with Penn but I thought Rourke's comeback was too strong to un-reward him. I'm glad I won, but upset I didn't go 6/6. Congrats to Simpson_fanatic742 :)

I was able to get 1 more category right than I got wrong haha. Out of 19 that I guessed, I got 10 right.

Benjamin Button getting best makeup AND best visual effects....over TDK?.........bullshit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back