• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Orton's Return

There is absolutely no way this is real. If you were thrown nearly an entire football field there is very little chance of surviving. And even if he did survive he would of atleast broken his arms and legs.

So the reason they're doing this has already been stated and that is they are giving time off because of his newborn child. So I predict that he will return at Survivor Series as a suprise member of one of the 5 on 5 matches.

I'm sorry, but I don't buy the story t all. I appreciat that if he had such an accident, then his collarbone would rebreak, but there is no way, whether he flew 300 feet, 30 feet or 3 feet, there is no way a man in shorts and t-shirt would have escaped without serious skin damage, which wasn't mentioned.

The real reason I know it is a work is because he was on Radio 1 this morning in the UK. I heard him myself, and if you had a newborn child, would you be 3000 miles away after a near death experience? Interested, I investigated further and found this link. That is WWE's own website with a picture of Orton in Germany posted last weekend. If he was in Germany then, and the UK now, why would he have flown home just to crash his bike. This is a swerve, and there's plenty of time for him to fly back to the US now and be at Summerslam.

Also, don't WWE usually put injury photos online, like Mysterio in his mask in the hospital?

So, alot of people think this is a work, I actually never thought about that until I read this thread. It does make sense, I was a bit curious at the fact that Orton would ride a motorcycle when he was still healing from a collarbone injury, and his survival of 300 ft. is hard to believe. There was nothing on the main site to support this theory, but they didn't have a clue about Cena's early return at the Rumble either.

I do hope that this is a work because RAW needs a top heel ASAP since JBL isn't taken seriously anymore, and the WWE is hellbent on keeping Batista face. Orton could very well return at SummerSlam and attack CM Punk after he beats JBL, or maybe even get revenge on Triple H and continue their feud on SmackDown, but that feud has been done to death.

I hope Randy Orton's motorcycle accident was fake and with any luck he'll interfere in the Triple H and Great Khali match at Summerslam, maybe come on the Smackdown brand and win the WWE Championship at Unforgiven. I could understand if Orton wanted to be out a little longer to care for his daughter, but they shouldn't lie about a serious accident like that, if it really wasn't true.

I think this a work. Like everyone else said there is no way that he only reinjured his collarbone after flying 300 hundred feet off a motorcycle. Supposedly Orton is prety big near his hometown and thats wear the accident occured so someone would have had something on it. I think he let the secret out about being backstage at summerslam so vince had to find a way to cover it up.

My brother rides bikes and it is highly impossible to get thrown 300 feet and only walk away with a broken collarbone. You'd get smashed up bad and be in hospital for at least a few days and there are no pictures of Randy post accident. If WWE wanted to cover up Randy ruining the surprise of his return, they could have easily come up with a far better excuse than ''Motorbike accident'.

I've read everyone's "detective" work here and it's all flawed. Yes, they posted pics of him in Germany last weekend. But those are the keywords..."posted last weekend". The pics were done earlier in the week and not posted until days later. That's the genius of wwe.com, they take too long to post anything.

Then he was on a radio show in the UK...apparently live. It was a taped in-studio interview made to sound live. The WWE rarely lets it's guys do live in-studio interviews because of their travel schedule. Sometimes they'll appear live in-studio on the East or West Coast...but that's like 10am on a talk show.

Last...everyone claiming to be a motorcycle crash expert. I live in a state where helmets aren't mandatory (PA). There's at least a crash every week here in which someone is flying off a bike and skidding a couple hundred feet or more. I'll say this, the 300 feet may be slightly exaggerated...but it's very easily possible that he flew 200 or so. It's been stated he went over the handlebars after hitting a concrete curb since he swerved to avoid a car. Depending on the angle he hit the curb at...he could have gone a decent distance only going 35 MPH. He also mentioned in his post about scraping up his legs bad while re-injuring the collarbone. Easily possible that he didn't break anything else upon landing if he rolled right.

If it's not true...and a swerve to bring him back...does nothing to help the PPV buy numbers just like this HBK announcement tonight won't either. The WWE is currently in a situation where everything has to be properly promoted to insure maximum revenue opportunity and ratings growth. Doing an Orton return tonight without a solid tease to insure it happening tonight would be brutal. The Cena injury swerve was different since that's one of the better PPV's each year. That was almost like a thank you for those that bought it and a benefit going forward since it came from nowhere.

If it happens...won't be received well.

They've got bigger problems after firing 10 low card guys, major injuries to Kennedy, Umaga, and possibly Jeff Hardy if the broken neck thing is true. IF, he does come back tonight...you can guarantee he goes to SD since there's no viable contender to HHH unless Taker "buries" Edge tonight. But having an Orton-Taker-HHH triangle to feud over the World title thru Survivor Series would be solid.

I really hope Orton comes back soon because he is the best wrestler in teh business. HIm and edge are the best heels and when one of thm is gone it just hurts the WWE. Lets go Orton

OMG...wasn't that Randy Orton that ran into the ring and cost CM Punk the World title tonight? Did you miss that huge RKO he gave him off the top rope when the ref's back was turned? Holy s--t! It was awesome! Man...JBL's gonna be an awesome champ and to think Orton looks great after the swerve that was given about his accident.

And did you see him also interfere in the HHH-Khali match? I can't believe he helped Khali win the WWE title! Who would have thought he'd screw 2 champs in one night?!?!?

And then...how he double RKO-ed both the Undertaker & Edge from the top of the Hell In A Cell cage thru the ceiling and thru the ring!??!? Orton is amazing!!! He singlehandedly destroyed 4 guys in one night...and at the end of the show the re-formation of Evolution with him, Batista, Cena, & Khali? Wow, this makes the NWO look like the BWO!!!!! Holy s--t!!!

As I hope you figured out...I'm mocking those of you who "knew" his motorcycle accident was a work last Sunday night and he'd be on PPV tonight. Especially the guy that claimed he clearly saw Vince & Orton backstage last Monday night together, and the guy who heard him on the radio live in England and "how could he be 3,000 miles away from home the day after his accident". I almost forgot about the ones that all said he couldn't have been thrown 300 feet from a motorcycle and only got scrapes and a broken collarbone!

2 people in my area died tonight after being thrown from a motorcycle over 500 feet after being hit head on by a pickup truck.

Like I said before...if it's truly a work...they weren't gonna waste it tonight without buildup. I also go on the record and state this! Michaels-Jericho will be a twisted re-hash of Flair-Michaels! Shawn will fight Jericho at Survivor Series...lose and comeback for 1 last match at WM25 and retire in the same weekend. The stuff about his knees/back wasn't really a work tonight. It's true...mark my freaking words!

I still think ortons accident is a work they could not have him return at summerslam that would be obvious I say maybe unforgiven they need to build up his return by waiting longer plus I hear Orton asked for a little more time with his daughter

All of you guys saying that this is a work are just ignorant. Why would this be a work? Orton's return needs a build up, and for him just to return after a "false" motorcycle accident just wouldn't work out so well.

On a side note, I am really missing this guy. I use to really dislike him, but before his injury he was really starting to build on me. I hope when he returns he is just as entertaining as his post injury.

So he didn't return at Summerslam after all. I still don't necessarily believe he was in a serious motorcycle accident, perhaps just getting a bit more time off, and WWE being WWE, they didn't want to say 'Orton will be off for three months to change diapers'.

I still wouldn't be surprised to see him help Batista in some way on Raw tonight, but it's unlikely.

If he had been in a serious motorbike accident, was there any news reports about it? I still think he was though, because if it was fake, they would have him out for say 6 months, and then have him come back in 3. At this rate a November return isnt as special as say a January return would be. Ill give it a month and a half, 6 raws until Batista does something controversal. Hell build up the heelish side over time, and right before Orton returns, make a match with the Champion (If it is punk) at this time. Orton will return that night and screw Punk over. Then Orton and Batista will celebrate in the Middle of the ring, starting a huge war between Punk. Cena and the newly reformed Evolution.

If he had been in a serious motorbike accident, was there any news reports about it? I still think he was though, because if it was fake, they would have him out for say 6 months, and then have him come back in 3. At this rate a November return isnt as special as say a January return would be. Ill give it a month and a half, 6 raws until Batista does something controversal. Hell build up the heelish side over time, and right before Orton returns, make a match with the Champion (If it is punk) at this time. Orton will return that night and screw Punk over. Then Orton and Batista will celebrate in the Middle of the ring, starting a huge war between Punk. Cena and the newly reformed Evolution.

Bot Orton said the night of the draft he was gonna return and take his World title back whether it was Cena or HHH that had it.So it wouldn't make sense for him to help Batista win the title.Cena should win at Unforgiven and lose it to Orton at Survivor Series.

Hi, new guy in the house - - I've been visiting for quite a while & finally registered up.

I'm really looking forward to Orton's return, because with the exception of Jericho & JBL, Raw's severely lacking heel power. I'm hoping to see a new feud ignite between him & Batista. Unless I'm forgetting something, the last time I remember seeing them face off was on the Smackdown following WM 21, when he went out with the shoulder injury. I know a lot of people are hoping the two of them reform Evolution, but I think they could run a decent program against each other & besides, it would be borderline blasphemy without Flair or HHH. The rumors of Orton forming a new stable could be pretty cool if they turn out to be true though.....

All of you guys saying that this is a work are just ignorant. Why would this be a work? Orton's return needs a build up, and for him just to return after a "false" motorcycle accident just wouldn't work out so well.

I think you're being ignorant in saying that the only way he could return in great fashion is by build-up. I'd much rather see Randy Orton return randomly, without anyone seeing it coming.. than seeing promos each week saying "He's coming back".

Orton returning randomly, when noone sees it coming would be huge for him. He's a heel, after all, and he's wanting what he feels he deserves which is his Championship. Think of it this way, if Orton comes out after Punk retains at Unforgiven, or anywhere really, and suddenly R.K.O.'s him and stands over him as the show goes off.. that's all the return hype he needs to get him instantly back over.

Instead, you wanna build him up through promos. Such as what? Workout videos, or perhaps stupid little vignettes in which people get so sick of him coming back before he's even actually back, like they did with Jericho and the "save_us.222" promos?

I'm actually looking forward to the return of Orton. What i think is going to happen is Orton will probably come back during the match at Unforgiven or right after the match and attacking the Champion who ever it maybe (a face most likely). This will set up Orton looking to take back his title that was taken away because of an injury

If he truly is injured, which i think he is... Bring Back RNN!!!!

Randy Orton was a great WWE Champion and i can't wait to see his talented ass back in a WWE RAW Ring. Randy Orton Vs. CM Punk could be interesting once Cena Vs. CM Punk is outta the way. But where does Orton go from there? Not SmackDown! As much as i'd love Randy Orton on SmackDown! Raw needs Randy. Raw Freshened up abit after Night Of Champions, having CM Punk win the WHC in a shock moment, and the few weeks after but RAW is quickly becoming stale again.

I'm not in a hurry to see Batista in any title matches soon, despite his awesome Great American Bash Match against CM Punk, but i need not worry about that considering the fued with Kane he seems to be starting...
After CM Punk V Cena I'd like to see a triple threat between CM Punk, Y2J and RKO.. but i dnt care who wins.. but thats all just fantasy so here's what i propose..

Once Randy is healed, have him return and Have Orton milk his injury till the Royal Rumble... but in the meantime have him interfering in matches and attacking people, making it obvious he isnt injured... he'll get so much heat!! Then have him win the Royal Rumble!! He'd get so much more heat!!!!!!

Has a heel ever even won a rumble before?? I cant ever remeber a heel winning? Was Yokouno a heel when he won?

Austin, HHH, HBK, Lesner, Benoit, Rey, Cena, Batista, The Rock, Undertaker, Hogan... All of them were face at the time that they won the royal rumble..

Have a Heel Randy Orton win the Royal Rumble and fued with a face Champion till WM.. I cant ever remember that happening? Can Anyone Else?? Maybe the returning Sid Vicious could be the face, but id put my money on Batista by then unfortuantly..

Either Way i cant wait for Orton to return..

SAVE The World Heavyweight Championship Y2J!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the injury to Randy Orton is fake and he is taking a month or 2 off to be with his newborn daughter. I see Orton coming back at Survivor Series and interfering with CM Punk and Jon Cena for the World Heavyweight Championship match. Cena will hit the FU on Punk and out of know where an RKO happens. Orton then pins Punk and becomes the new WHC.

I'm gonna call "boy crying wolf" on this situation. And for a couple reasons.

The main issue I have, is originally when he broke his collarbone, it was assumed and guessed that he'd be out all the way up until Survivor Series, or even after that. Then, a few weeks ago a story broke that Orton could be back as soon as Summerslam. Now all the sudden, a "re-injury" occurs and bam, he's back out oddly enough to what the original guess was.

I think this is just a way to keep Orton in the news, without actually having to spend any huge amount of time on putting him over on television. Why they wouldn't wanna do that, I'm not sure.. perhaps it is a fake story, perhaps he's ready to go right now and bam, at Summerslam he returns and lays out Punk. Hell, perhaps it's even a legit and real injury.. who knows..

But what I can tell you is this much.. that story that they ran with Orton "recalling" the accident, was incredible bogus. He claims they Cops and Firemen who got to the scene didn't apparently know who was in the accident. I'd think a guy who just RE-broke his collarbone wouldn't exactly look like some random guy at the scene. I'm pretty sure he'd be in pain and definately saying I'm here.

Furthermore, they claim he was thrown almost 300 ft and all he got was a rebroken collarbone. Bullshit. The guy wore a helmet, but nothing else. He was in fucking SHORTS and didn't get any damage done to his legs? Yeah, that's believeable.

I think this story is 100% storyline, and I'm expecting Orton to return when you least expect it, as soon as Sunday, or as mysterious as Unforgiven.
Here's what I've been wondering. If this is not a storyline, what happens insurance-wise? Maybe someone knows this.

I am sure Vince covers expenses incurred by in ring injuries, and probably pays any medical costs. Wrestlers probably also receive a salary while injured. But, if an injury/re-injury occurs OUTSIDE of a wrestling scenario, is WWE still going to foot the bill? I mean, why is a man who is injured riding a damn moterbike?

I remember a scenario in the NFL where the league got pissed because this guy was riding a bike with no helmet or something like that, and the NFL basically said we're not taking care of you if you bust your ass.

The injury occured in the ring, but the re-injury occured because Orton was out on a bike. Therefore, what is WWE responsible for?

I think we may refer to Randy Orton as the best what if ever someday. This guy really has talent, and I like him as a performer. But, shit, he gets into trouble, doesn't he? He may end up ruining a very promising young career because he cannot grow up. Come on, Cowboy! Kick juniors ass and teach him some old school principles!

If this is a work, it's a very bad idea for wrestlers. Fans love their wrestlers, and tend to get behind them when they're hurt. Even mega-heels usually get a hero's welcome, however brief, when they come back from an injury.

I was at the Garden when HHH came back, and man it was great. Genuine emotion, which you could see HHH felt.

Now, first we had Cena, who made his surprise comeback earlier than announced.

Now, we've got Orton, and the odd circumstance behind this motorcycle thing. If it turns out to be a work, fans are going to start not giving a damn when a wrestler gets hurt. Next thing you know, some poor guy gets paralyzed in the ring, and is booed when he comes back in his wheelchair and respirator.

I know most knowlegeable fans won't be this way, but even the best fans will be less likely to care when a wrestler gets injured, assuming everything is being exaggerated for the sake of kayfab.

There comes a point where you have to have some type of seperation between the real and the make believe.

Wrestlers getting injured shouldn't be downplayed. It's not fair to the wrestlers, who work harder than, I believe, any other athelete to rebuild their bodies and get back to work. It also creates problems with children. "Don't try this at home?" Why not. Randy flew like Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz off a motorbike WITH a broken colarbone, and he came back in a month!

This would be a mistake. I don't know if Vince is really this desperate, as the product has seemed a little better in the last few weeks.

Maybe we're wrong and it's not a work. If not, it's a credit to Vince that we even THINK it might be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back