• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Orton's Next Feud?

mayhem

Pre-Show Stalwart
With Orton again losing his WWE title to Cena and the epic feud set to end who do you think Orton should feud with now? I think as Legacy has disbanded so it seems it could enable Ted Dibiase to get over as a fully fledged face and put him over if he can defeat Orton on ppvs in the future or come across as stronger.

Orton/Dibiase feud could set the tone for a match culminating at WM and Dibiase could go onto further success. This feud has been built up a little recently on Raw. Thoughts on Ortons direction from here?

i'm only saying this because personally i think its too early for legacy to break up. I would love, i repeat LOVE... again LOVE, to see MVP take on Orton (even though MVP has no momentum). His first promo when he joined raw against Orton was just pure class.... i think the slow methodical Orton will make the energetic MVP promos look even better....

BUT WWE HATES MVP (and carlito)

Reactions: TLC
smh people do ur research
dibiase is turning face very very soon probably within the next 3 weeks

the seed has already been planted during the promo at hell in a cell and on raw last week

and the marine 2 is on dvd in december..dvd sales....

ted dibiase is ortons next feud.....

wwe needs to seriously step it up like everything is too predictable these days

guys...guys orton should not feud with mvp or dibiase or any shit like that they not deserve to fight him orton should take on somebody bigger someone who is worthy fighting the former WWE CHAMPION he should become again A CHAMPION

guys...guys orton should not feud with mvp or dibiase or any shit like that they not deserve to fight him orton should take on somebody bigger someone who is worthy fighting the former WWE CHAMPION he should become again A CHAMPION

Dude use a how to write sentence for dummies book before posting. I can barely understand your sentence. Who is Orton going to feud with besides Ted or MVP? No one is left he has feuded with everyone. Its time to make some new stars in the WWE cause the talent on the roster is thin. Ted and MVP need to step up and prove they can be included in the same sentence with the elite superstars...

Orton is in a great situation right now with the WWE, if and only if they decide to ax the Cena feud, which is highly unlikely :disappointed: He would be able to do what HHH did for him when he was in Evolution and that is to put his subbordinates over properly. Dibiase is a primed candidate for a feud given all thats happen in recent history but I'm sure that they are going to drop the ball on it. Rhodes will be stuck at mid card for the forseeable future and lets be honest he really isn't all that fun to watch. WWE needs to focus on Orton putting over younger stars, after all the point of stable like Legacy is to put younger stars over.

He may not be the most talented wrestler because of his lack of mobility, but if you want to be unpredictable I say put him in a short term feud with Mark Henry. The guy completely squashed Randy Orton upon his arrival to Raw and coming out of the 7 on 7 match he's over enough to be considered a credible opponent for Orton to gain his momentum back after losing the title to Cena. Even if he was to be the rebound guy for Orton, his new stint on Raw is fresh enough where losing a feud with Orton would help him become even more over. MVP can be used as his mouthpiece/stepping stone for Orton to lead into a short-term feud with Henry. Two months of this and then putting Orton back in the Rumble would be an ideal way to rebound. Then you got the Elimination Chamber you can throw him back in should he not win the Rumble and you've got enough time to feud him with someone on any of the rosters to build something special with him for Mania.

(excuse my spelling and sentence structure if it is bad)..To be honest I would mind having orton get attacked by his on legacy members..thus having cena come out and save him? this could be looked at in different ways..since orton can't fight for the title why not have him team with cena to fight legacy..it would be funny to see orton become a possible face..i mean come on..why should ted jr become good because of a movie that will probaly be even worse than the first one was..If you are going to turn Batista bad then why not orton good..that would be more interesting than the predictable ted jr becoming a good guy

There's only two ways WWE can go with this right now, since they're not doing Orton vs Cena anymore. Here's how I see it;

Option 1 is Ted Dibiase. We all saw that people could actually get behind Ted, and he's playing the troubled tweener role as good as CM Punk was back in the summer. Ted himself hinted that he'd be facing Orton at Wrestlemania, and most people think that Ted should go over Orton. It would give us a new face main eventer. The problem is the Wrestlemania part. Can WWE stretch out this rivalry for 5 or so months? They managed to build up the Hardy vs Hardy feud for a good few months for this year's Wrestlemania. But they can't take that route with Dibiase and Orton. Plus Dibiase needs to turn face in time for the movie release, so they can't make the turn very slow, with him finally snapping some time next year. So it'll be interesting to see how this plays out. But while Dibiase and Orton will be feuding, the feud probably come into full effect till around the Royal Rumble. So it won't be Orton's "next" feud.

Option to is Kofi... Kofi went after Legacy last night during the iron man match. It's great to see this, I was worried WWE wouldn't do anything with Kofi once he lost the US title. If Kofi beats Cody and Ted (with the help of Cena, maybe) over the next few weeks, I don't see why he couldn't go up against Orton at Survivor Series. Obviously Kofi wouldn't go over, but he doesn't need to. If he holds his own against Orton for 18-20 minutes, it'd help him out alot. He's being pushed well, he's started talking, so a high profile feud would be perfect to cap off his ascent to the "next level".

i agree you "NOD-FAN" wwe should make new superstars but i think that drew mcintyre should be on raw not SD! smackdown has punk,undertaker,batista,mysterio,matt hardy enough good superstars raw need some power and Randy Orton needs to feud with somebody new

Why hasnt ANYONE mentioned HBK? He is more then qualified to run with Orton. I do not feel that MVP or Ted Jr are not yet prepared to hang in the bigtime. Though MVP is coming close I think. Ted Jr. needs more time. But, with HBK you have a guy that can deliver time and time again. Even if he is just a filler until after RR. That is assuming that RAW doesnt get more talent in the pool soon. I dont know for sure, so like everyone else we will just have to wait and see.

I think Dibiase is the next logical feud for Orton. They have been building Ted up a lot lately and trying to make him look like one of the companies future stars and they have also been teasing Dibiase breaking away from Legacy. If wrestling teaches us anything, if you break away from a stable, you start feuding with that stable immediately (Sting in the horsemen, Any member who left the heenan family, Orton vs. Evolution, Batista vs. Evolution) it follows a pattern. Its pretty obvious that Dibiase is Ortons next feud. They may put Orton in a short month feud with someone else but his next big feud will be with Dibiase hands down. I for one hope it works this way, Dibiase has the potential to become a big star and the WWE as a whole is lacking star power, hopefully Orton elevated Dibiase big time. Its time to make new stars, their current ones aren't going to be around much longer (except for Orton, Edge, and Cena, but you need more than that, hopefully Dibiase, Miz and Morrison are the next big stars as I think they have the most potential to become big).

Why hasnt ANYONE mentioned HBK? He is more then qualified to run with Orton. I do not feel that MVP or Ted Jr are not yet prepared to hang in the bigtime. Though MVP is coming close I think. Ted Jr. needs more time. But, with HBK you have a guy that can deliver time and time again. Even if he is just a filler until after RR. That is assuming that RAW doesnt get more talent in the pool soon. I dont know for sure, so like everyone else we will just have to wait and see.

This did cross my mind. What was the point of having Cena lose to HHH if not to give HHH a title shot? I can see Orton vs HBK in the near future if HHH gets a shot at Cena. HBK is put over in the Orton match making him the number one contender. This having been said if HHH has the belt and HBK the number one centender then this would create disturbance in DX and a potential for a HHH vs HBK title match at the Rumble or Wrestlemania.

It has to be Dibiase. I agree though, Orton may not take on Dibiase at the next PPV. I'm thinking WWE may let Dibiase win a #1 contender's match have him face Cena at the next PPV and have Orton interfere and screw Dibiase on purpose. I don't agree with whoever said the fued will culminate at Wrestlemania, by then the Marine 2 will have flopped and I think Dibiase will be facing Cody at Wrestlemania and Orton will be in the Main Event against my prediction of HHH and HBK.

Joey Logano and Kyle Busch put him in another match with Dibiase tonight, where Dibiase WINS! Orton then RKOs Dibiase after the match. Rhodes comes out and has no idea who to help. Then, Rhodes attacks Orton. This will put on a match next week where Orton has to choose a partner to fight Legacy. He chooses a returning Edge most likely. Rated RKO is back! For like five minutes. In the middle of the match Edge tries to Spear Rhodes or Dibiase, but Spears Orton. A member of Legacy pins Edge from behind while Orton and Edge argue. This will turn Edge face. And a Legacy and Edge/Orton fued starts where The Viper starts a new Legacy. This is IF Orton chooses a partner against Legacy.

Joey Logano and Kyle Busch put him in another match with Dibiase tonight, where Dibiase WINS! Orton then RKOs Dibiase after the match. Rhodes comes out and has no idea who to help. Then, Rhodes attacks Orton. This will put on a match next week where Orton has to choose a partner to fight Legacy. He chooses a returning Edge most likely. Rated RKO is back! For like five minutes. In the middle of the match Edge tries to Spear Rhodes or Dibiase, but Spears Orton. A member of Legacy pins Edge from behind while Orton and Edge argue. This will turn Edge face. And a Legacy and Edge/Orton fued starts where The Viper starts a new Legacy. This is IF Orton chooses a partner against Legacy.
Today 06:57 PM

Dude, Edge is not SuperCena. He's not returning tonite, or anytime soon, if ever. He's gone for a long, long time. I like the thinking though. I do not see Legacy breaking up yet, and I see Cody staying with Orton. I think Orton starts fueding with MVP or Kofi for now.

If it were my call I would go with someone other than DiBiase right off Bragging rights, leading up to DiBiase's face turn during Survivor Series. I am really hoping they give Ted a shot at Cena at SS, obviously he wouldn't win, but it would allow for Orton to screw him out of the belt and properly escalate the foreseen Legacy Split.

Here are a couple options:

1.Jack Swagger -- We havent had a good heel vs heel feud on Raw in a while. And these two i believe can put together a few great matches battling for the #1 contender for Cena's strap. Swagger has had some attitude of lately on Raw and i can see him calling Orton out saying that he will eventually be able to put Cena away.

2. Kofi Kingston -- With his run in and save last night for Cena, i can see a short term feud with Kofi, would be a good set of matches to watch and help Kofi get more over and more mic time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back