• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Orton vs. Swagger

Would you like to see Orton and Swagger in a long-term feud together?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Con Volt

Your Straight-Edge Savior
You heard it right, Randy Orton is the man we can count on as the next opponent to Jack after Extreme Rules. And as of right now, I think most of us would be psyched to see it. You've got the man who is the true internet darling of this generation, Randy Orton. And you have the young, and newly calm and collected Jack Thwagger- I mean Swagger.

Now if you ask me, I think this could do wonders for both men's careers. Randy Orton is now officially a "take no prisoners" babyface, and it would really drive that point home if we could continue to see him take it to Swagger week by week. Not dominate him per se, but definitely show him who's boss. And it would do wonders for Swagger's career to have him in a program with the man who's arguably the best overall performer to come out of the early 21st century.

Now this obviously is going to have to wait until both Extreme Rules passes, (BTW I think Jack will pretty much get a big rub from whoever he faces then.) and the Draft. Because as of right now, these men are on different shows. And I think we can pretty much count this feud as a lock if both Orton gets drafted to smackdown and we see one more altercation between these 2 in the weeks coming up to the draft.

I dont agree with you. We all know that Edge will be the no.1 contender for WHC and will win at ER. After all, he won rumble, lost at mania,and what? He won't get a title? Senseless.Swagger can feud with Orton... After he looses WHC.

I dont agree with you. We all know that Edge will be the no.1 contender for WHC and will win at ER. After all, he won rumble, lost at mania,and what? He won't get a title? Senseless.Swagger can feud with Orton... After he looses WHC.

I'm sorry why does this scream John Cena 2008? Oh that's right because that's exactly what happened to Cena and he DIDN'T get the World Title until November. Edge isn't going to win the title just yet (by years end he'll be at least a ten time champion) because (just like Sheamus and to a lesser extent CM Punk in 08') they're going to give him the belt for a couple of months to see if he can carry it. I think that Orton vs. Swagger would be an entertaining feud especially with this new serious Jack Swagger character who could feud with Randy who as we all know is a very serious man since he became a _____(insert random reptile name here) and left behind most of his Legend Killer persona. This also ties WWE to history with Orton holding the belt and changing his persona a few times. overall I feel it would be a solid, good feud.

I disagree for the simple fact that Orton probably won't get drafted to Smackdown. While it would be a great fued, and help both men out, it just isn't going to happen. Otron is the biggest face on Raw right now. And he is going to stay that way for a while. Unless they do a title swap send Cena to Smackd.own. And, I think Edge will win at Extreme Rules anyway. And Edge vs. Swagger fued would be ok too. Edge is better on the stick and the "American American" jokes would be epic. I almost pissed myself when he called Regal "Lord Snugglesworth". And there you have it

what about a triple threat feud with Edge, Orton and Swagger?

no doubts that Edge is priceless on the mic. remember way back when Billy Gunn won King of the Ring and was complaining about not getting any attention for it? Edge then started calling Billy Gunn "Billy B*tch-Cakes". that was the funniest thing i'd heard in a long time.

but Edge and Orton could have a great feud together, bringing back their history as Tag Champs in Rated RKO.

plus, think of the wonders this could do for Swagger! if he were to defend his title successfully for a couple of months against these two contenders, people might take him more theriously.

it might even set up the next title feud between whomever takes the title from Swagger eventually and then it could just be Orton and Edge, which would be sweet.

I'm not so sure about this, ortonvsswagger seems like an awesome feud:suspic:but i just don't see orton going to smackdown, with stars like batista and cm punk and even the undertaker on that show, randy orton could start a high profile feud with just about anyone their, but i would really like to see this feud happen, although it probably won't happen

My prediction for Extreme Rules is Swagger vs. Edge vs. Y2J in a ladder match. Y2J hasn't received his rematch and Edge doesn't deserve a 1 on 1 match after losing in Wrestlemania. Plus Edge has a great history in ladder matches & Swagger just won MITB, so it all comes together. I also predict Orton will go to Smackdown because with Cena having the belt and battling Batista, Orton has nothing to do but kick lames like MVP upside the head. Orton will head to Smackdown and climb the ranks for the PPV after Extreme Rules and get his title shot then.

But Orton vs. Swagger? The match was good on RAW, but that isn't a match I'm willing to pay to see. Giving Swagger the belt during a time in which the PPV isn't traditional is the best thing for him. Having him in a match with Edge & Y2J is the greatest thing for him. Let him get his feet wet in the spotlight and see if he can handle himself well. Either way I feel he wins the match, but how he handles himself will let WWE know whether to hand the belt to Orton or see if we can have an All-American American summer. Either way, far into the future, I'm guessing Orton vs. Edge at Summerslam

You ask the question if we want to see these two in a long term feud, while I would absolutely love to see these two guys feud, could easily push Jack Swagger to new heights if he feuded with Randy.

But long term is a widely spread word if you ask me, a long term feud could be 2 months, which would be just fine if you ask me, and a long term feud could be a whole freaking year, which I do not want to see, because I want to see Jack Swagger take on a variety of opponents to defend his title against (yes I would like to see Jack retain at least twice at a pay per view.)

But I'm definitely voting "yes" because I want to see this feud happening.

I think that when Orton goes to smackdown he will challenge swagger after he defends against edge or Jericho after extreme rules. But maybe they would put a twist on it and draft swagger back to raw and have orton challenge him there.

what about a triple threat feud with Edge, Orton and Swagger?

no doubts that Edge is priceless on the mic. remember way back when Billy Gunn won King of the Ring and was complaining about not getting any attention for it? Edge then started calling Billy Gunn "Billy B*tch-Cakes". that was the funniest thing i'd heard in a long time.

but Edge and Orton could have a great feud together, bringing back their history as Tag Champs in Rated RKO.

plus, think of the wonders this could do for Swagger! if he were to defend his title successfully for a couple of months against these two contenders, people might take him more theriously.

it might even set up the next title feud between whomever takes the title from Swagger eventually and then it could just be Orton and Edge, which would be sweet.

Dude, I like that idea....

I think Orton's got bigger fish to fry than Swagger.... he should put him away quick.

You ask the question if we want to see these two in a long term feud, while I would absolutely love to see these two guys feud, could easily push Jack Swagger to new heights if he feuded with Randy.

But long term is a widely spread word if you ask me, a long term feud could be 2 months, which would be just fine if you ask me, and a long term feud could be a whole freaking year, which I do not want to see, because I want to see Jack Swagger take on a variety of opponents to defend his title against (yes I would like to see Jack retain at least twice at a pay per view.)

But I'm definitely voting "yes" because I want to see this feud happening.

Yeah let clarify. By my definition, a long term feud should last at least 2 PPV's. With the two combatants trading the belt a little A La Punk and Hardy. Not Orton and Cena, Ironic, I know. I just don't want Swagger to end up as a transitional champ for Edge. That would be beyond lame. Edge is a big enough star to where he doesn't need a belt to prove it. The whole reason I started this thread is that it appears to be what WWE wants to do, or was at least testing the waters for on monday. If you go onto WWE.com, they seem to be highlighting their match on monday as the big thing that was going on. So I'm just saying it's a possibility. Right now it would make more sense to have Edge as the contender, sure. But he lost pretty much fair and square to Jericho at 'mania so maybe not. That's where this possibility comes in. We saw it happen last year with the same wrestler, Edge. He was the champ going into his match with Hardy at extreme rules, lost it fair and square, but was systematically phased out of the picture in the following weeks. Who says it won't happen with both Jericho AND Edge this time around?

dont like it at all. orton is selfish and doesnt put guys over at all. look at legacy orton started as the main focus of it and ended as the main focus he is all about himself and his career. Swagger doesnt need to be buried by the new "john cena" Orton is in squash mode and all of his matches win turn out that way making him look unstoppable. dont destroy swagger by letting lose to this egomaniac every week.

a long term feud should last at least 2 PPV's. With the two combatants trading the belt a little A La Punk and Hardy.

I could live with that, perhaps not trading the belt although, could have Jack Swagger retain legitimately for a few pay per views, then Randy finally winning the title in a happy day kind of thing, I could live with that too, or Randy winning at the first pay per view, and Jack Swagger battling to get it back, this feud has many different ways of handling it nicely if you ask me.

On the other hand I wouldn't mind seeing Jack Swagger holding a reign like Sheamus, although not the retaining way, let him retain legitimately, yet I'm thinking the length of the reign, but have Randy Orton and Jack Swagger continue the feud (perhaps have Randy cost Jack the title without being in the match, you know interference behind the ref's back or something) and then have them fight without the belt, it worked somewhat with Kofi (although they could've capitalized a bit on Kofi after the feud) and it seems to be slowly working with Sheamus too.

i would like this fued only if swagger has the belt at the end. orton is one of if not the best there is but he really doesnt need the title rigght now. he s not going anywere and by the end of hes career will have more title reigns than i could count. swagger really needs the title to solidify his push. with cena talking about swagger not deserving the title if he loses it quick and doesnt get it right back it will seem like thats true. then swagger will go right back down to midcard, then after a few months he will be a jobber again.i just really dont want that to happen.

I would like to see that feud but I think it would be triple treat Swagger vs Edge vs Jericho on extreme rules.I would personally like to see it in TLC but it would probably be ladder match

Orton vs Swagger would be interesting to see but in some later PPV and the only way I could see that to happen is that Edge goes to Raw,Jericho gets some other feud in the process or even he goes to Raw and Orton to Smackdown because there is no point that Swagger goes again on Raw in draft.

It could be highly unlikely for all this to happen in the near future and that is why I think that they are building this feud but probably for some else PPV(Summerslam maybe?)

The match was good...but Orton completely overshawdowed SnaggleTooth. I was also disappointed that Orton won. That win would have given Swagger some awesome momentum and would NOT have damaged Orton at all.
I only see this feud burying Swagger and I think that's a bad idea. The old guard needs to put over these new guys as completely legitimate contenders to the crown...not as the guy that got lucky in MITB.

at the end of the day its us the fans that put guys like swagger back down the ranks if he loses the title he wouldnt get cheered or booed you know it and i kno it swagger has to last as long as sheamus or even longer to be a real heel and a top superstar.. but the fued with orton would b good but he has to cost orton a match or something like dat make orton chase him for weeks until they fight at a ppv and i think jack swagger will get drafted back to raw

I don't want to see this feud yet. I'm still not buying Orton as a babyface and Swagger needs to build credibility. Have Swagger beat Kane in a short feud, put him up against some midcard talent in his old gimmick challenge with the belt on the line a couple times and then feed him to Orton or Edge at a PPV. After that, have the person who beat him for the belt put Swagger over and give him the title back for a while. Swagger has potential if built right. Sure, he does look like a poor man's Kurt Angle and last week it looked like they were turning him into Jericho, but when has having attributes of Kurt Angle been a bad thing?

In conclusion, build the man up, then put him in a high profile feud with Orton... if not, Swagger will just be a transitional champ and will go back to jobbing on Superstars.

I don't like to see this feud because of the possibility of Swagger getting buried. They should build him up as a credible champion before sending him to a major feud with any of the main event talent. If this feud ever happens, Swagger should go over Orton in a way that Orton will not look bad and Swagger will become a legit contender in the eyes of the audience.

But Orton's gimmick is not the type that you would want to feud with Swagger's new gimmick. They're both serious. Have Swagger feud with those who are really funny on the mic, who have great wrestling ability, and great worker in the ring. Those who come to mind are: Jericho, Edge, Triple H, John Cena(though Cena doesn't qualify for no.2).

*Note: Though Jericho,Edge and Swagger are gonna be in a match at the coming PPV, Swagger is not the focal point of this match it would still be Jericho-Edge. So in this match, have Swagger win to make him look legit.

They worked well together last week.

Jack is beginning to get more charisma and Randy is just flat out awesome right now.

Wouldn't mind it at all.. It's fresh and hot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back