• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Orton, Edge, & Jericho. Has There Ever Been A Better Top 3 Heel Set In A Promotion?

They are great heels, no doubt about that. But i wouldnt say they are the best. Not by a long shot. As Lord Sidious pointed out, Ted DeBiase was an amazing heel. Also there are even guys like Shawn Michaels and The Rock who were also great when they were heels. There are alot of guys out there who were/are amazing heels and to say Jericho, Edge and Orton are better is just rediculous. They are good but not the best.

Altough Randy Orton is the best heel I've seen since 2004 I have to disagree to you're question that these three wrestlers, Jericho, Edge and Orton are the best heel to ever be in a promotion. As other posters have already mentioned, there were so much better heels in the past and I don't see any reason why these three have surpassed those better heels. These heels are very good, in fact the best we've had in five years but they can't and won't surpass those of the past.

Is this thread meant to be some sort of joke? As has been mentioned 1989/90 WWF is easily the all-time best with Savage, Mr. Perfect, Rude and the greatest heel of them all, Ted DiBiase. But if you look further down the card, Andre was still knocking about with Haku, people like Ric Martel and, at one point, Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard were all in the fed at the same time.

The wealth of talent was almost embarrassing.

I'd put Flair and the Horseman in NWA circa 86-7 2nd.

Then probably 1998 WWF during the Corporatation vs. Austin angle when Vince (yes, he counts), Shane, The Rock, and HHH were all at the top of their game as heel.

4th? How about during that time when Austin, Angle and Vince were in that little group. I loved that storyline, it was hilarious. Remember those little hats?

Frankly, it's ridiculous to put Orton in there with any of those guys. Like RVD, he's barely worthy to kiss Ted DiBiase's foot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXCy4NyadQ8

Sorry, but stuff like this bugs old school fans like me.

Errrr.... nWo. I mean the proper one, when it was just Hogan, Hall and Nash. Not only were they massively over as heels, their mere existence changed wrestling forever. The entire promotion was centred around them for years, probably too long in hindsight, but this trio were certainly more of a big deal to the promotion and its fans then this trio.

If you look on the other side of the fence, WWF had Undertaker, Vince McMahon and The Rock as heels in early 1999. Every one of them was better in the position than each of the three that you mention based on fan hatred, quality of feuds and just general evilness.

The three you mention are probably the best three heels of this century on one show at any time, but they wouldn't even be the best three heels in a promotion right now if TNA wasn't so ******ed. With the Main Event Mafia, they have the oppurtunity to make their biggest guys all heels, and make them super evil. Angle, Sting and any one of the other 3 could and would be a more interesting trio than the WWE three, but instead only Angle looks good regularly.

Triple H was the best heel....Don't you even remember half of the stuff he did?

Kane could've been the greatest heel of all time if they would've never gave him a mic.

Eddie Guerrero is a heel was good.

Orton is the best heel in the biz right now right behind Jericho. I'm tired of Edge.

I agree with pat preezy HHH was the best heel his promos and his cheaty win and dirty tactic always got the most heat

jericho is also a very good heel nowadays his heat is huge as well

Not so much a heel but HBK when he was in Canada always generated alot of heat to lol

i think EDGE is the best heel in the business right now i mean everyone hates vickie EDGES "wife" and his dirty wins he generates alot of heat!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back