• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Original v. Cover: Call Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
Look, I'm a huge In This Moment fan, and even if I weren't, Blondie pretty much sucks. She's the epitome of overrated. I don't even really like her version of this song, so it's obviou who I'm going with.

The Original:

The Cover:

Even if I'm partial, I'd still take Maria's vocals over Blondie's, and the music is just better in the cover. It's louder, it's a little more sexy, and it's overall just a much better version of the song.

As a big fan of Blondie I have to admit, after hearing the cover its made me want to go out and download this song (searches his I tunes playlists), your right NSL its sexier its all right louder and more amazing, this cover has my ears and thats a very hard thing to do.

As a big fan of Blondie I have to admit, after hearing the cover its made me want to go out and download this song (searches his I tunes playlists), your right NSL its sexier its all right louder and more amazing, this cover has my ears and thats a very hard thing to do.

At least you agreed on the "sexier" aspect. Too many people I know think I'm crazy for using that to judge this argument, but it has to be for a song like this. It's meant to be a sexy song, and it requires a certain amount of that to come through in the vocals, and video (if there is one). It helps that Maria is about 50x sexier than Blondie could ever be...

Blondie all the way. I'll avoid the fact that Blondie is the epitome of fierce and fab, her version is just better in general(to me of course).

While I like the lead singers voice in that band, it's just more generic faux pop-rock. Reminds me of Paramore or something. At least when Blondies version came out, it was different and exciting. Her voice is alot more unique in the song too(the other girl has a great voice, but watch American Idol or Rock Star and you will hear the same voice 100 times).

So yeah the orginal too me is so much better, unique, and overall hotter.

Blondie all the way. I'll avoid the fact that Blondie is the epitome of fierce and fab, her version is just better in general(to me of course).

How'd I know fierce would pop up here? And, no...Blondie is not fierce, or fab. She's crap. Her voice is generic, and the music from the band just doesn't do anything for me.

While I like the lead singers voice in that band, it's just more generic faux pop-rock. Reminds me of Paramore or something. At least when Blondies version came out, it was different and exciting. Her voice is alot more unique in the song too(the other girl has a great voice, but watch American Idol or Rock Star and you will hear the same voice 100 times).

I'll admit Maria's voice is a little "AI" in this song, but she isn't on any other songs. She's more of a screamer, but has mixed in some clean vocals on the new album. I personally haven't heard anyone with talent since Kelly on AI, so I'll reserve my opinions for that show for another thread...

So yeah the orginal too me is so much better, unique, and overall hotter.

How was it unique? It's a lot like anything you can hear from Debbie Gibson, Tiffany, Wham!, or any other 80's pop group. As far as hotter, I already gave my views on the sexiness factor...

I respect your right to disagree...Even if you're wrong :p

How'd I know fierce would pop up here? And, no...Blondie is not fierce, or fab. She's crap. Her voice is generic, and the music from the band just doesn't do anything for me.

I'll admit Maria's voice is a little "AI" in this song, but she isn't on any other songs. She's more of a screamer, but has mixed in some clean vocals on the new album. I personally haven't heard anyone with talent since Kelly on AI, so I'll reserve my opinions for that show for another thread...

How was it unique? It's a lot like anything you can hear from Debbie Gibson, Tiffany, Wham!, or any other 80's pop group. As far as hotter, I already gave my views on the sexiness factor...

I respect your right to disagree...Even if you're wrong :p

Eh? We can't really argue since it's all personally opinion, but I think Blondie and her version is alot more unique, and different than "Maria" and Company. Like I said, the "new" version just seems generic to me. Any garage band, or "alternative" group could do the same one.

When Blondie came out, people loved her because she was unique at the time. And hell no at Tiffany or Debbie Gibbision being anything like Blondie. Her voice is too unique. When Blondie comes on the radio, people know it's her. Her voice isn't as strong as alot of the other singers, but it's quirky and different.

Blondie and some of the things the band did, have been touted of bringing a whole different type of music, and sound into the mainstream. Nothing was generic about her/the band when they began. It's not her fault all these other girls tried to copy her.

Whereas the "new" version doesn't add anything really to the original, and is just another generic faux pop-rock sound.

Reactions: NSL
Yeah I'm not much of a fan of ITM either NSL. Certainly not enough to put them over legends like Blondie. Call Me isn't one of their best songs IMO, but it's certainly their most iconic and memorable. The cover isn't bad, but compared to the original it's absolutely nothing.

Original all the way here. You simply can't vote against the genius that is Blondie.

That cover is laughable as they've clearly gone into it with the Spinal Tap "Crank It Up To 11" mentality. Blondie are awesome, Debbie Harry has a great voice, ITM are nothing I haven't seen a hundred times before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back