• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Opening Day Premiership Fixtures

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
Blackburn v Wolves

Fulham v Aston Villa

Liverpool v Sunderland

Manchester City v Swansea

Newcastle v Arsenal

QPR v Bolton

Stoke v Chelsea

Tottenham v Everton

West Bromwich Albion v Manchester United

Wigan v Norwich

Our opening three home fixtures are Chelsea, Liverpool & Man Utd. I'll be glad to get them out of the way.

Home on the opening day, boxing day and for the final fixture as well. Result.

I wanna jump in on this. Being a United supporter, I think we've got a match we can win to prove that winning the Premiership recently was not a fluke or luck, but we won it because we're that good. I've no doubt that Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham & Liverpool will also win their matches.

Could turn out to be an interesting first day though, we never know what's going to happen in the Prem, so I will be tuning in that is for sure.

4 Draws, 5 Home Wins and 1 Away Win is prediction for the opening day

But the stand-out game for me is Stoke VS Chelsea, if there's one place the top 6 teams hate having an away game to it would be Stoke, if Chelsea get 3 points from that one then it is an excellent result

I'm looking forward to the Arsenal Liverpool game, second of the season and will be a real gauge of how good we can be this year. Of course we need our projected signings to fall in quickly.

But the stand-out game for me is Stoke VS Chelsea, if there's one place the top 6 teams hate having an away game to it would be Stoke, if Chelsea get 3 points from that one then it is an excellent result

This is gonna be a bigger test than usual for Chelsea I think and not an easy one for Villas-Boas for his first premiership game. Should be interesting to see how Stoke recover after the FA Cup Final too.

As a United fan, away to West Brom wont be the easiest start to a campaign either seeing as we tend to be slow starters, even at Old Trafford.

Newcastle - Arsenal should be interesting depending what happens with the ongoing Nasri + Fabregas situations too.

The FA Cup final was months ago, why would Stoke still be effected by it? In the time between the final and the start of the season most of the Stoke players could've lost their wives and kids in an Australian bush fire and be over it.

I'm not liking Stoke away first game. We're known for having a good start to the season though so maybe this fixture won't be as tough as it has been in recent games.

Norwich and West Brom after that though so then even if we don't come away with 3 points against Stoke, there should be two straight wins afterwards.

Can't see Chelsea winning, a draw seems likely. First match of the season (at home), nothing to lose, DiMatteo saying the first three games are easy, new signings wanting to make a good home impression. Seems like a draw to me. We also have Man Utd & Liverpool after, so they'll want to get points from the off.

The FA Cup final was months ago, why would Stoke still be effected by it? In the time between the final and the start of the season most of the Stoke players could've lost their wives and kids in an Australian bush fire and be over it.

Sometimes disappointments like that have a habit of lingering on into the new season depending on the expectations of the fans and the motivation of the players. Mind you, Pulis is a very good manager so I'd hope he's got their minds fresh for the new season, but they could still be suffering a hangover effect. Just need to wait and see!

This is STOKE CITY you're talking about. Just getting to the final's an achievment. It'd be the same for us, if we got to a final and lost we wouldn't be downbeat.

Don't get me wrong, it was a great achievement for Stoke to get to the final and as a United supporter I was backing them all the way! However it did seem to over-awe them and took them until mid-way through the second half to really put some pressure on City. It was a shame that Etherington was injured a few weeks beforehand because he was on a good run and could have tested the City backline more.

I'm not saying that they will have a hangover from the final, only that they might.

We were thrashed 7-0 by Chelsea towards the end of the last season, that would've had more effect on the players, but it didn't.

Stoke were poor in the final but even still Man City only scraped by us. No reason to be downbeat about it three plus months on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back