• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

One Wrestler - Who Would YOU Choose?

Ultra Awesome

Im standing in Brooklyn/
Over the past decades we have seen many wrestlers get the chance of a life time by being a part of the company that has established so much with the guidance of Vincent Kennedy McMahon. I'm sure it is safe to say that it IS every wrestlers dream to jump ships to the BIGGEST company of them all. A company where dreams come true and others come to an end...I am talking of course of the WWE.

Now over the many years the WWE has existed, there have been rival companies to try and take them down. Companies of course being WCW, and its current foe, TNA. In these companies, existed (exists) a good number of top stars that have made history (or on the verge of making history). However, it goes without saying, that any wrestler that wants to be "at the top and have more exposure", is more likely to succed by being in WWE. Don't get me wrong. I am not dis-crediting WCW, nor TNA, nor any other wrestling company for that matter. I am merely saying, a wrestler has a better chance of accomplishing more if he or she were in WWE.

But that's not what this thread is about. No. So please don't start going on and on about "but WCW/TNA did this!"..."You don't have to be in WWE to be a great star!"..."People like Sting accomplished more because he wasn't in WWE!..."Vince only elevates the people he likes!"...Please don't do that or anything of the sort...

The point (question) of this thread is this:

If you were to choose one person from TNA or any other company including the independent circuits to switch to the WWE...who would it be?

There is no limit to why you should pick the person...I would prefer it if you would choose the person based upon who has the most to gain from WWE (as this was why I made the build up to the question above). But it could be simply because you would just want to see them there....or even because you want him (or her) to feud with someone currently in the WWE...Hey, whatever turns you on...

I want Kurt Angle and Mr. Anderson back but I'll abide by your thread rules, haha.

I'd like to see Abyss in the WWE. I don't know, I've just always liked him since TNA has been around and he hasn't had a shot in WWE yet. He's big masked and scary like Kane used to be and has been compared to Mankind. I think he's an interesting character that could add some more flavor to the diversity of the WWE.

Sting

WrestleMania Sting Vs Undertaker with a 2 maybe even 3 month build prior, I have always said once HBK lost to taker I could not see anyone worth watching face Undertaker at Mania but if Sting got into shape to put on one last great match agaisnt Taker I would go nutz!!!

Robert Roode, I think he has the potential to become a star that simple.

Can I get two-

Samoa Joe

However, there's a catch, lose the flab.
I think he's a very good wrestler, gives stellar performances. I do think he has a lot more to offer on the mic than the surly ass-kicker. And if he lost the chunks and got into shape, man the sky's the limit. Remember WWE is all about selling a character and to go over , you have to look a certain way. Name the last flabby guy from 1985 onwards who was major-over....
Man has immense talent, I'd love for him to take this to the grand-stage.

Chris Hero

Now I haven't seen all his matches or even as many as guys like xfear or jmt225 have, but this guy just screams super-face.
He's got the right look, is very agile for a big guy. Though he did have a brief stint with TNA in 03 nothing transpired. I do feel he can do great things in WWE, but I'd be pissed off if they change his name; Chris Hero is a f*cking awesome name!

I would have to go with AJ Styles. Great performer, good on the mic but i would love to see him feud with cena or another top superstar from wwe.

This was actually a really tough question to answer for me. There are plenty of guys I'd like to see in WWE but very few I feel would make a large enough impact to actually enhance the overall product.

I'm going to go outside the box and will probably get shit on for this. But I'm going with the Necro Butcher.

NecroButcher.jpg

Not the typical look of a WWE wrestler. He would have to change his name and get rid of the pot leaf tattoo (or at least cover it up). I know what your saying "this is "PG" WWE and he's a hardcore wrestler". He may be most known for his Deathmatches. But anyone who has watched him in ROH knows he is a damn good brawler and is capable of putting on a good match without weapons or blood. When he fights, it looks like how a real person would fight, like a bar fight. That realism would be one of the keys to his success. You can't tell me you wouldn't love to see an all out brawler like Necro Butcher go toe to toe with Randy Orton or Jericho. The contrasting styles would make for great matches.

Not to mention what his character could be. One of the easiest ways to get over, the common man. Who would have thought Dusty Rhodes or Mick Foley would have had such big careers with the way they look and wrestle? Thats what Necro Butcher represents, not even the common but the lower class, blue collar. You can't tell me the fans wouldn't cheer for a guy who doesn't even wear shoes to the ring and looks like their drunk uncle, yet beats the shit out of people night after night. His promo skills are alright, at least enough to get this character over, but that can be worked on.

He wouldn't be the next Cena or The Rock, but he could be used as the next Stone Cold or more likely Mick Foley. Mick Foley may not be as big a star as Cena or the Rock, but he is certainly one of the most popular wrestlers of his time and you can't say his career wasn't a success. He may have gotten over because of his comedy but it was more because he looked like a normal person yet he did extraordinary things. Well that's how I would use Necro in WWE, follow what you did to get Mick Foley over. He may not be the biggest star ever but he could get to Mick Foley's level in terms of popularity.

I want Sting to stop being a little baby, and go to WWE! We have many great Matches left if he does! Sting VS HBK, STING VS TAKER STING vs KANE Sting vs HHH Sting vs Legend Killer, Sting vs ROCK, Sting vs NXT, Sting vs Cena All the other guys from TNA SUX! There maybe be a couple that can wrestle, but they lack star appeal, like AJ STYLES, He sux at the MIC! Guys like 3D, Rhyno, Fat Samoa Joe, The Abyss, are all a joke and should go flip burgers or do something they are better at, cause they sure cant entertain/wrestle! They all sux!

The TNA wrestlers don't suck, they're awesome!

AJ Styles might do alright in WWE except that he's a high flyer/athlatic person and WWE usually does stuff with the bigger guys. A good storyline would be if TNA folded and he'd be like he built a company and should be on top or whatever. Plus AJ is my favorite wrestler in TNA so I'm a little biased.

By the way, who would really want to see Somoa Joe skinny? That is part of his character, the fat guy who can move. You cant say that we havent seen any fat people get a push in WWE before. I mean Dusty Rhodes, Umaga, Rakishi and now it looks like even Husky Harris could stay. So yeah.

Sting, definitely. He is the greatest wrestler who never joined the WWE. Sting vs Undertaker or Sting vs Michaels (can't happen now since Michaels is retired) would be epic for Wrestlemania.

I know this might be a strange pick but I would love to see the New Horror Sami Callihan get a shot maybe over on Smackdown! I know he is did some ROH stuff and was pretty much a jobber, but I've seen him wrestle at a local promotion here in jersey and he is the top heel and does a great job at it. His promo skills are amazing, and he can put on one hell of a match. I could see him as a sort of modern day Raven, have him build a little stable around him and just let him be the badass that he is.

Davey richards from ROH and i would like to see Carlito make an effort to get back in wwe even though he's happy in AAA (mexican wrestling)

I don't know what the hell you're watching, but Carly Colon is NOT working for AAA in Mexico. You're probably thinking of WWC in Puerto Rico. Maybe you saw him in Lucha Libre USA, but that is not AAA. Get your facts straight next time, but I appreciate you spreading the word of AAA on a site and forum that hardly mention it. Green rep for idiocy!

So this post won't be about taking a shot at someone, I'll abide by the OP to weasel out of it. I'd choose Robert Roode solely for the fact that he'll be a star in the WWE. I mean, doesn't he have the look? Look at him! He has A look. He's a pretty well-rounded wrestler who meets the credentials to make the smarks shut up and the damn casual fans give a fuck -- that's if WWE creative don't give him a lame gimmick with nothing to work with.

Well since Sting and Styles have their supporters I am going to have to go with 2 guys, 1 team...The Motor City Machine Guns. Why you ask? The guys are awesome worker and great on the mic. They could help bring life into a Tag Team Division on life support and eventually if they split, both guys would make decent mid carders or hell bring back a Cruiserweight Belt. Both guys would be entertaining in the E!

This really is a good question, and a great thread.

It is a hard one to answer decisively for many obvious reasons. There are other guys making a name for themselves and it is natural for there to always be an interest or wonderment of how they would perform in the WWE.

So that raises the idea of how numerous current TNA talent would do. Guys like AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Robert Roode, Abyss, The Motorcity Machine Guns...

But for me it is a guy that has been there (WWE) before and is one of the most successful wrestlers in history.

Kurt Angle. I truly believe in my heart that he needs one more run in WWE to cement a deeper legacy for his career. He has accomplished a lot in TNA, but as far as being recognized in the wrestling community and WWE itself, TNA means less overall. His total amount of World Title reigns are impressive, but mean less because so many of them are TNA reigns.

I, too, am not trying to dis-credit TNA. But, simply stating facts about how TNA is viewed (By The Majority).

I am a big fan of Kurt Angle, so I would like to see him once more in WWE, to end his career.

***Honorable Mention

Teddy Hart... I named one from TNA and I'll name one from the independents. I am a Teddy Hart mark, lol, and it just seems like the perfect time to bring him in. The Hart Dynasty could really use something to boost them. Something that will leave a lasting impression. Teddy coming in, and the group Heel turn would be HUGE!

Bret Hart remains "working" in WWE. So he stays somewhat relevant. Working something around him as Teddy comes in, would really be a big moment and propel them into stardom, or at least more popularity.

I'm going to take a trip to ROH here as well: Claudio Castagnoli. Hey, I saw a call for Chris Hero, who's a great wrestler in his own right, but I rather like Claudio's look. He's tall and got the kind of body Vince gets a stiffy for. Not to mention his ungodly strength.

Example 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqCrItE_5gk
Example 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7R9AnlAVfA

Now in that second one, he may not have gotten the height or duration on that giant swing but you gotta be impressed that he could do it to a guy weighing in well over 300 pounds.

I'm going to have to agree with King Blitzkonic and go with Claudio Castagnoli. His power is awesome, and he is gold on the mike, he gets heat like mad, he can go in the ring, and he has the look.

Id personally like to see the REAL Bryan Danielson and not this Daniel Bryan character he's had to portray. To some extent CM Punk too. His series with Jeff Hardy last year was the closest his come to matching his Inde persona.

Otherwise I'd like to see Kenta Kobashi back in his prime and even Mitsuharu Misawa (RIP). But of course they wrestler in Japan and WWE would never bring them in with any sort of fanfare or proper storylines and/or feuds. Just look at Kenzo Susuki and how his character was portrayed. A total stereotype.

Or AJ Styles and Abyss. Both F'ing awesome.

Or Claudio Castagnoli after watching those two clips. The no handed spin from the shoulders. Frecking cool.

The point (question) of this thread is this:

If you were to choose one person from TNA or any other company including the independent circuits to switch to the WWE...who would it be?

There is no limit to why you should pick the person...I would prefer it if you would choose the person based upon who has the most to gain from WWE (as this was why I made the build up to the question above). But it could be simply because you would just want to see them there....or even because you want him (or her) to feud with someone currently in the WWE...Hey, whatever turns you on...

The logic behind this question is very flawed. No-one would ever be hired by WWE because it would help the guy. People get hired by the big companies because the companies think that the person will benefit the company. To be honest, I don't see a huge number of people currently in wrestling that I think would benefit WWE, in the long term.

However, for the short term, being a couple years, I see a gap in the main event on Smackdown that could very easily be filled by Christopher Daniels. In every aspect of the business, he's a proven commodity, and, I honestly believe that his work ethic could be an inspiration to the rest of the Smackdown locker room. And, let's be honest, there's not a guy on the SMackdown roster that Daniels could not have a good match with. If i had to give a personal pick, I would put him in a long term fued with CM Punk for the title, because I believe that that those matches would have the same feeling as the Benoit/Angle matches.

I'm going to go outside the box and will probably get shit on for this. But I'm going with the Necro Butcher.

NecroButcher.jpg

Not to mention what his character could be. One of the easiest ways to get over, the common man. Who would have thought Dusty Rhodes or Mick Foley would have had such big careers with the way they look and wrestle? Thats what Necro Butcher represents, not even the common but the lower class, blue collar. You can't tell me the fans wouldn't cheer for a guy who doesn't even wear shoes to the ring and looks like their drunk uncle, yet beats the shit out of people night after night. His promo skills are alright, at least enough to get this character over, but that can be worked on.

My father made it a point to keep me the fuck away from my drunk uncle when I was a child. I never even met the guy. How is that supposed to be a good thing?

I have eagerly been awaiting Chris Hero to be picked up by one of the big two, and the only reason I can think of why he hasn't is that he must have some serious backstage baggage he comes along with. He's a joy to watch in the ring and he interacts so well with the audience during his matches.

Although he is on tape a few times slugging audience members, which is a big no-no for the big organizations. Not going to say they weren't asking for it- if you've seen the clips, you know what I'm talking about- but he's not Chris Jericho, his career is far too young to get away clean with stuff like, say, slugging a woman who's grabbing at you in a Wal-Mart parking lot.

Matt Morgan, WWE dropped the ball big time with him 1st time around which I really don't get. Lesser big men have got far greater pushes (Kozlov,Tomko,Snitsky,etc.) This guy looks the business, can talk and has an impressive move set.

With Taker on his way out and Kane, Khali and Big Show all getting on a bit too. His intelligent giant gimmick if given a chance could shoot him right to the top of the card and keep WWE in fresh main event programs for the next decade.

There's really only two choices I would choose here. Kurt Angle and A.J Styles, but in order to eliminate it down to one, I would throw away Kurt Angle, mostly for the fact that while he is definitely able to still go, he's old and could easily be on the verge of wanting to retire. A.J Styles on the other hand, definitely has years left in his body. He is 32, which is just 1 year younger than John Cena, a guy who we're all saying will be around for years to come as well.

A.J is a great athlete, and a great wrestler. He wouldn't have any problem whatsoever to get over with the WWE crowd, no matter the booking. And I'm certain that if WWE got their hands on him, there'd be a reason to have their hands on him, not in a way to keep him down to show that he's nothing. But because A.J is really worthy of being in the WWE.

I would love to see A.J in the WWE. Not because of any particular feud that I would get a hard-on for. But because of the fact that A.J simply is a great wrestler who has potential beyond what TNA has given him to showcase. He has the potential to be at the very top of the crop in the WWE, or among the greats in the upper mid-card (Perhaps maintaining some sort of Chris Jericho role, considering his size and build which is very Jericho-ish).

I would to see A.J. Styles in the wwe, if vince pulled that off it would be like a punch to the gut of TNA it would be cool to have him Joe and Beer Money jump ship like the radicals and fuck shit up. But if can only pick one its AJ.

Just think of all the great matches he could have with Punk, Bryan, Jericho, Morrison, Orton etc. It would be crazy nobody is close performance wise but if its on star power it would be Sting just to give all the fans they're dream match of Sting vs Taker.

all very good choices folks. very good indeed.

my choices:

2) Davey Richards- this guy is a little smaller than some other people mentioned but fuck, he can wrestle. he would be a great match up for the likes of jericho, bourne, morrison, mysterio, edge. most people that dont watch ROH have no idea how good he is. fast & a great technical performer.

1) Hernandez- big, fast, strong. would fit in great in the main event & i would love to see him fight cena or kane. always thought he would fit in great on smackdown b\c they need some help in the talent department & hernandez\wwe would benefit from eachother big time.

good thread and I had to chime in.....

Everyone pretty much covered everyone from Davey, to Sting. But choosing wrestlers to go to the E and help the product is like Lay's Potato Chips; I can't have just one! I need several! And I got 4 to help out.....

BEER! MONEY!: great team, will make the division relevant again, the E's trademark look, good mic and ring work, plus they would possibly work well in singles.

The Kings of Wrestling: see Beer Money description

Honorable Mention: Assault
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=103196566

Kurt Angle. I know Kurt's old, and is about to retire but this guy could bring so much to the WWE table nowadays. Times have moved on, Angle wolod have fresh faces to work with in the WWE. Orton has become a dominant main eventer, Cena has become a better wrestler since Kurt was the last, He could work with the Undertaker in a series of 5-star matches, and most of all, he can come and slap on the grape-vine ankle lock onto Swagger and show him how it's really done. Angle has faced EVERYONE TNA has to offer. WWE is in need of a pure athlete. Kurt Angle is the best wrestler going right now and he could seriously be a threat to any WWE Superstar holding a World title.

Beer Money aswell...They have WWE written all over them. These guys fit in more with the WWE than they do TNA. Single Wrestlers or Tag, they would be great to see. These two have enough talent to survive as single wrestlers and would probably be great contenders for Smackdown's World Title.

Matt Morgan, WWE dropped the ball big time with him 1st time around which I really don't get. Lesser big men have got far greater pushes (Kozlov,Tomko,Snitsky,etc.) This guy looks the business, can talk and has an impressive move set.

With Taker on his way out and Kane, Khali and Big Show all getting on a bit too. His intelligent giant gimmick if given a chance could shoot him right to the top of the card and keep WWE in fresh main event programs for the next decade.

I completely agree with that. I would rep you but I haven't rep'd enough since the last time I gave you props! lol

Matt Morgan has all the tools. With the right push in WWE, I think the guy could be a star! He has the size, the look, the mic skills, AND the moves to be pushed in any kind of direction they nudge him.

I could see him competing in big matches and being a legitimate, believable opponent for guys like Orton, Cena, Trips and Sheamus.

He has the catch phrases and "named" moves and what not to really get over with the fans, but most of all, creative!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back