• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

One Night Stand gets ANOTHER name change...

Vintage Nick

Climbin' in your windows...
Guess what folks?

One Night Stand was deemed as a violation of the PG rating change, and was thus changed to Extreme Rules. However, that wasn't good enough for WWE, so what do they do? They change the name to...

Night of Extreme.

*insert facepalm* How many name changes are they going through before being satisfied?

Yeah, it seems sorta silly to me. One Night Stand is not PG? Neither is Extreme Rules? But Night of Extreme is? The PG rating is stupid, I can't see what good it has gotta WWE, I guess a slightly better public image, whatever. I hope this crap stops soon. How extreme can this PPV possibly be?

Chances are if you even see blood at this event it's gonna be cause it came the hard way. Last year the ring steps were used an ass load that night because it looks cool. Thats all that matters. Stuff like Hardy doing the big swanton to Umaga.

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous for them to change the name of something twice. Because I'm positive anyone outside of the internet knows they're changing it at all. I can't believe they decided to rename something they haven't advertised, promoted, or booked yet.

It's not SO bad. I'd gotten over the original name change because THAT wasn't even a huge deal. I actually like this, as Night of Extreme sounds much better than Extreme Rules.

Besides, the ppv is in June. No one is even thinking about it now, so they can change the name as much as they want now; as long as they've made up their mind by at least late April.

However, I am a tad bothered by this because we have Night of Champions. We now have two ppv's titled Night of ______. They could've at least come up with something more original, but that's just the creative writer in me talking.

Yeah, Night of Extreme is better than Extreme Rules, which required no thought whatsoever to come up with. Coulda called it Night of Really Thin Trash Cans. Or, The Anniversary of Ortons Broke Collarbone.

Well the One Night Stand kind of lost its meaning when they had it every year. It was supposed to be a special event with the true ECW originals, and it eventually just became another PPV. The name change is another example of how the WWE is further distancing itself from the original ECW.

I work for Toys R us and we got in the figures for the PPV, they toys were released under the title of "One Night Only", but using the same font as they have been of ONS so I kinda wonder if they had originally changed it it to One night only then changed their minds or if Jakks thought that up or what but just thought it was kinda interesting.

Sounds like they changed it so kids wouldn't get the wrong context with the toy release. I think Night of Extreme sounds better than Extreme Rules, but as someone else pointed out Night of Champions is in the same month. I'd happily see Vince going old school and go with WWE In Your House: Extreme Rules!

why not use the old wcw name, "uncensored"? but maybe this would also be a violation of the PG rating.

well i'm fine with night of extreme, altough they could've done better ;)

Wow quite shocked about this. WWE has gone to far now. Seriously what is wrong with One Night Stand. Do kids actually even know what that even means? I seriously don't see anything wrong with One Night Stand because I don't think of it the way WWE are thinking of it. I think of it has a normal PPV for ECW to make there mark ( or extremists). Anyways this name is ok I guess. Then again WWE will probably change it again because they might think of having an "extreme " time in bed or something.

Even though One Night Stand was an annual event, it still worked coz it went from an ECW PPV to an Extreme Rules PPV. So I don't think they changed the name to distance themselves from ECW, it was purely because of this PG crap. Soon Cena will have to change the name of his FU and STFU and that will just be laughable.

Extreme Rules & Night Of Extreme both completely suck as PPV names. But WWE have never been the best at PPV names... Night Of Champions, Vengeance, December To Dismember or whatever that was.

WWE's creative team need to step their game up.

One Night Stand was a stupid name for an annual PPV. If it's only one night, then why is it every year. Stupid.

The best thing to do is to drop the PPV all together.

I personally wish that the WWE would go back to it's old In Your House format where they had a new name every month. Classic's like a Cold Day in Hell (Because the main event was Stone Cold V Undertaker), St. Valentine's Day Massacre, Mind Games, Rage in the Cage, Revenge of the Taker.

But i guess it's too much for the creative team to think up of new PPV names every month. or at least have say 24 ppv names and do them every 2 years so they are alternated every year? Just to give the PPV's a bit more of a unique feel.

One that annoyed me recently was the No Way Out PPV. They used the identicle set as what they did for the previous year. I used to look to see what unique stage they may have put together but they just don't do it anymore.

Wrestlemania is the only one where you wondered what kind of stage and set will they have. Although i was slightly dissapointed to notice that the star shaped ramp was used identically in WM23 and WM24 and they just put a palm tree banner over the 23 logo.

I know these times are cost cutting but this industry needs to keep upto date and try things different because as soon as it gets monotonous thats when your ratings drop and your ticket sales go down...

As far as the night of extreme. It isn't bad but i do agree that with having a PPV already that is called The Night of ..., it seems a bit naff

Any comments?

Maybe, just maybe the fact that One Night Stand isbeing changed has nothing to do with the PG rating whatsoever and the fact that there have been four of them, so it should really be named to four night stand.

Night of extreme sounds absolutely ridiculous, whilst going to the WCW name of Uncensored seems good, this is meant to be an ECW type PPV so why not go with Hardcore Heaven, an ECW PPV name?

The Extreme Rules name just plain sucked. While Night of Extreme is slightly better, there are plenty of names that could top it. Perhaps a better name would even draw more people to want to watch it. I'm fairly certain that even I could come up with a better name though. Perhaps something like Out for Blood..... but that's probably not PG enough.

First off at the pace WWE is going with this PG thing pretty soon we will be watching crappy wrestling with no blood or violance what so ever. While we talking about names of PPV's of course this one sucks along with a few others such as Judgement Day (which has religious meaning) and Armageddon (end of the earth) are theses things what ppv names should be, in some sense you could argue they are the same.
Another problem why did they change The Great American Bash logo was the orginal to patriotic or something.

Sure the name is stupid, but is it really that big of a deal? It's just a PPV name. It won't affect the quailty of the PPV in any way. When you think about it, The Rock was a stupid name. But did that affect his character? No. He was still one of the most entertaining guys on tv for a good 4 years.

And you can complain all you want about the WWE choosing a crap name and how they should've come up with a better one, but really they couldn't care less about what it's called as long as it's remotely associated to wrestling. They're a bit busy trying to make money to care about something as insignificant as the name of a PPV...
And One Night Stand was never a good name to begin with, either.

Night of Extreme is the best name by far so far, ONS was a stupid name, it the PPV was only going to be a One time thing which it originally was meant to be, then it would've worked fine, but it's a yearly PPV so the name doesn't fit at all, Extreme Rules sounded stupid, simply becasue you could tell they put absolutly no thought into the name what so ever, persoanlly I would just rather see them combine this PPV with JD, have all the matches on JD be "Extreme Rule" matches and then either bring KOTR back to replace ONS or just do away with the PPV altogether, if they insist on keeping it then why not just call it Vengeance?, the other PPV they were calling Vengeance they have changed to NOC, and Veageance is a decent name, though they mine as well just call it TNA seeing as how they are just doing exactly what TNA does with every fucking PPV and overloading it with ******ed fucking gimmick matches

Soon Cena will have to change the name of his FU and STFU and that will just be laughable.

If this was sarcasm, I apologize cause it flew right over my head, lol.

But If you haven't noticed, Cena HAS already changed the names of both of his finishers. They have been referring to the FU as the "Attitude Adjustment" and STFU as just simply the STF for at least a month now. :sad:

I really don't think that this is that big a deal since nobody really cares about the PPV anyway. This can't lower our opinions of it because it's been shit after the first 2 years.

Lets just hope this name changing trend doesn't get too out of hand or else we'll be left with Sports Entertainia

I just had a thought, now this was a minor idea which popped up after I felt Night of Champions was useless and dropping the Vengeance name was agreeably stupid. But what if they could combine the two together. Night of Extreme Champions - yes it sounds like an ECW hype, but it would make sense. I mean, I'd rather see a PPV where champions defend in different stipulations than plain one on one, and just two weeks after a gimmick filled PPV, combine the two together, I realise it's taking the earlier Judgement Day idea away, but those two PPVs are useless. NOC is only a filler so you can see all the champions, half of them are barely defended anyway!

This name will get changed again. The pay per view directly after it is called Night of Champions, and as that is probably the B-PPV whose gimmick alone can sell it, it is unlikely that it will be changed. Two "nights of" after each other will be crap.

It shouldn't be called One Night Stand because it isn't a one night ECW reunion show anymore, thus completely defeating the object.

As for the new name. Any of the old ECW names would be fine: Hardcore Heaven, Barely Legal etc, as would Uncensored. To be honest it shouldn't be too hard to come up with something better than "Night of Extreme". What about, say, "Total Carnage". It's cheesy and shit, but it's better than "Night of Extreme" and I made that up in 10 seconds, so WWE can surely come up with something better in 4 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back