• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

OK, Let's Try This Again

It is an interesting trip down memory lane from the old days and whatnot and definitely infinitely better than the shit they've come out with over the past 5 or 6 or so years.

I was watching Zeo last night. I wonder how In Space would've been if the Turbo cast wasn't overhauled mid-season?

I actually think it would've been worse. Well, not worse, but not as good. If the cast remained the same throughout, we wouldn't have had Andros introduced, and then that huge subplot with him and Astronema probably wouldn't have been created. And that would be a damn shame.

Yeah, Turbo sucked ass, but it helped create In Space, so it wasn't all bad. I guess the same can be said of Jungle Fury being inadvertently responsible for RPM. Or so I hear.

I doubt Turbo would've been so bad. It's obvious they wouldn't keep Justin so a spot for Andros would still available. Though it would be weird to see Tommy playing second fiddle.

I actually think it would've been worse. Well, not worse, but not as good. If the cast remained the same throughout, we wouldn't have had Andros introduced, and then that huge subplot with him and Astronema probably wouldn't have been created. And that would be a damn shame.

Yeah, Turbo sucked ass, but it helped create In Space, so it wasn't all bad

Very true, even as a kid I never got into Turbo for some reason but it was all worth it for the greatness that was In Space and the unbelievably epic finale that it had that rightfully should have ended the Power Rangers saga.

I guess the same can be said of Jungle Fury being inadvertently responsible for RPM. Or so I hear.

I wouldn't know about this as I haven't enjoyed or been able to watch many episodes of any of the seasons that they did after Dino Thunder

I doubt Turbo would've been so bad. It's obvious they wouldn't keep Justin so a spot for Andros would still available. Though it would be weird to see Tommy playing second fiddle.

And that's the problem. Saban knew that Tommy was their most marketable character. If he was still around, they wouldn't have moved him out of the spotlight. Putting Andros in the background would've devalued his character and his story, so even if they still used it, it probably wouldn't have been as good as it is.

I wouldn't know about this as I haven't enjoyed or been able to watch many episodes of any of the seasons that they did after Dino Thunder

Same here, I'm just going by what I've heard from other sources.

Rita created the Mystic Rangers. I'm stumped.

Didn't she turn good along with Zedd and Divatox at the end of In Space?

Yeah. But it's still freakin' weird to know. She couldn't beat them. So she made her own and joined them. It was the only thing worth checking out about that season.

And that's the problem. Saban knew that Tommy was their most marketable character. If he was still around, they wouldn't have moved him out of the spotlight. Putting Andros in the background would've devalued his character and his story, so even if they still used it, it probably wouldn't have been as good as it is.

They probably would have made him some mysterious Blue Ranger instead of the badass humanoid alien Red Ranger that he was and would have been forced to take orders from Tommy and have no love interest or character development whatsoever. Basically he would've just been what Carlos or TJ was in In Space.

Same here, I'm just going by what I've heard from other sources.

Strangely I haven't even felt the need to wikipedia the other seasons to see what happens and I tend to do that for things even if I already know that it sucks.

She did but from what little I saw from Mystic Force she turned into a good witch and helped the Rangers with blah blah blah and then they all won in the end I'd assume and from the epic 2 part team up episode, that I only watched because they brought back Adam, Rita and Zedd had some evil child before they became good and for no apparent reason he stayed evil and we are supposed to believe that he grew at an accelerated rate and had a rivalry with some dude from that season of the show that turned into the 6th ranger or something along those lines.

and from the epic 2 part team up episode, that I only watched because they brought back Adam, Rita and Zedd had some evil child before they became good and for no apparent reason he stayed evil and we are supposed to believe that he grew at an accelerated rate and had a rivalry with some dude from that season of the show that turned into the 6th ranger or something along those lines.

I can't decide if that sounds awesome or incredibly stupid.

Thrax. Rita and Zedd's kid was supposedly born during the Zeo-Turbo gap. Which would explain why they left inexplicably after they destroyed the Machine Empire's leaders.

And here we go with more of the same.

http://powerrangersepisodereviews.blogspot.com/2011/03/power-rangers-season-2-episode-9-beetle.html

I get that they're continuing the "Tommy's Powers Are Fading" subplot, but couldn't they add more to it so that the episode can stand on its own?

Oh, and before I forget again, Will, I agree, Power Rangers should just be on DVD/Blu-Ray already. Sure, I can easily find episodes on YouTube now, but I have a feeling it'll get harder later on, especially with the newer seasons.

It gets worse when they try to cover Jason, Zack and Trini's absence. Jason's stand in tried sooo hard to sound like him.

I know! The guy tries ridiculously hard to sound all macho like Jason, but we can tell it isn't him!

But at least that wasn't racist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back