[Official] X Marks the Spot: Xfearbefore Xclusive Thread

X, I have shocking news news that can be good or bad depending on your viewpoint. Actually, you probably won't be shocked, you tend to stay up to date on this kind of stuff. Anyway, your thoughts on:

Seth Rollins: the new FCW Champion.

I'm currently anti-Seth Rollins, so screw this stupid ass booking. Rollins still hasn't redeemed himself for that terrible trilogy with Ambrose in my eyes and Dalton (the former champ), while blander than Baretta is still preferable to Rollins.

You hated his trilogy with Ambrose? Why? I liked all of their match-ups. A bit underwhelming but solid stuff through-out. I'm glad Rollins picked up the belt though, he's got all the tools to be a star, they've just got to figure out what to do with him and integrate his style into the "WWE style".

I've actually just started catching up on the FCW I've missed the last few months. I think I'm all caught up into December so far.

I don't watch FCW, but hopefully being FCW champion means we get a look at Rollins soon in WWE. I was as big a Black mark as it was possible to be when he was running ROH.

You hated his trilogy with Ambrose? Why? I liked all of their match-ups.

Because they were completely crap. The offence was laughable (especially the throw elbows... double backbump!), the long term selling was nonexistant, the psychology was terrible (things would be worked on, not followed up on and then the worked over bodypard was changed), things were done for no rhyme nor reason and the way the matches were treated was a joke (we've NEVER SEEN SOMEONE GIVE ROLLINS SUCH A TOUGH TEST (Except for those times he tied up with Richie Steamboat, including Steamboat actually having a winning record against him.) THIS HALF HOUR MATCH IS THE BIGGEST FUCKING DEAL EVER! WE'VE NEVER DONE ANYTHING LIKE THIS BEFORE! (Even though Justin Angel and Heath Slater had a half hour multifall match for the FCW title that didn't have the entire fucking episode devoted to it)). Essentially they exposed Rollins for what he is, an indietard who has no idea how to work a goddamn match unless someone who can is in there holding his hand. With Steamboat, Hunico and Sandow that flaw was hidden. Ambrose who was new and works a kind of anti-WWE style couldn't do that. Dreadful stuff.

A bit underwhelming but solid stuff through-out. I'm glad Rollins picked up the belt though, he's got all the tools to be a star, they've just got to figure out what to do with him and integrate his style into the "WWE style".

He's been in FCW for well over a year. He should have improved by now. He just hasn't, and he probably won't. I've gone on record as saying, and I'll restate it here: Seth Rollins is going to flop when he's called up.

I've actually just started catching up on the FCW I've missed the last few months. I think I'm all caught up into December so far.

That should be bringing you into Kruger's title reign. Defined by being utterly directionless and boring but with solid-good matches against every opponent. He stopped showing personality when he won the belt and didn't start showing it again until Bo came back. The focus of the shows instead on Husky vs Richie so that Aksana's stuff with Bo and Husky wasn't wasted. Had a pretty good feud from what I can recall. Damien Sandow's the FCW 15 champion. He didn't do a whole lot. He probably had good matches, I just can't remember them. IIRC Maddox (who has been epic since his feud with Richie) is working with Ziggler's little brother Briley Pierce. I don't know if they're tagging yet though.

I don't watch FCW, but hopefully being FCW champion means we get a look at Rollins soon in WWE. I was as big a Black mark as it was possible to be when he was running ROH.

Yeah, holding the FCW title doesn't mean you'll be called up any time soon. Of the last 4 FCW champions only one has appeared "live" on TV. that was Leo Kruger standing in a crowd on the Post-Walkout Smackdown.

I'd reccomend watching FCW though. The roster is stacked as hell and there's usually at least one match that's worth watching every show.

Hey Remix, if you didn't like Ambrose's selling in the trilogy with Rollins, did you see his match against William Regal? He sold like a boss in that match.

March 17th. Are you ready?

So ready dude. I shall drink much alcohol, smoke fine cannabis, and go crazy atching the show. I'm pumped for this, I haven't seen a WWE show since 2002.

So ready dude. I shall drink much alcohol, smoke fine cannabis, and go crazy atching the show. I'm pumped for this, I haven't seen a WWE show since 2002.

Excellent. I'm amped up for the show, as I expect some GREAT matches. I also happen to know that John Cena is scheduled to wrestle, so I'm very excited about that. I've only seen him wrestle once, and it was in a handicap match against Otunga and McGillicutty, so it was kinda meh. I'll be thrilled to see him go one on one with whoever (I've heard advertisements that he's wrestling Kane), not to mention I'm sure we'll also get to see Sheamus, Daniel Bryan, and maybe even Orton or Mysterio!

Hey Remix, if you didn't like Ambrose's selling in the trilogy with Rollins, did you see his match against William Regal? He sold like a boss in that match.

Yes I did, and yes he did. Helped that Regal actually did stuff that made sense and told a story in the ring, which flat out didn't happen in the trilogy. Bo and Kruger blew the trilogy out of the water, even though their best match was the first (well, second but does their first really count if it was 3 minutes long and Kruger was wrestling with a broken neck? Still better than all four of the Seth/Dean matches though).

I imagine Richie vs Cesaro's right up your alley too X. Steamboat should be Mr FCW at this point. Not because he's the best babyface (that's Bo) or because he's the best guy there (that's probably Kruger with Sandow and Cesaro nipping at his heels) or because he's got a great personality (his doesn't exist) but because he's always improving and that's what FCW's all about. The other top guys at this time have either stagnated (Seth), improved their personality rather than their ring skills (Sandow), not been there long enough to show much improvement (Cesaro), or improved in the ring to a lesser degree than Steamboat (Kruger). Steamboat came to FCW as a spotty little fuck who didn't do anything except throw his Dad's spots, but over time he's grown into a good worker who can get by just on his own merits. That's what FCW is all about.

he's got all the tools to be a star, they've just got to figure out what to do with him and integrate his style into the "WWE style".

Except personality or charisma. I must say I have noticed that Rollins does kinda suck when it comes to the mic and selling. Then again he's from ROH. Personally i can't wait to see Chris Hero's debut promo which isn't gonna be broadcast for a while.

Also since when has Richie been a face? I remember him beating Sandow but did that make him a face?

Except personality or charisma.

Or tallent.

I must say I have noticed that Rollins does kinda suck when it comes to the mic and selling.

And at psychology.

Then again he's from ROH. Personally i can't wait to see Chris Hero's debut promo which isn't gonna be broadcast for a while.

ROH: The only wrestling company to produce a match I found insulting as a wrestling fan. I'm sure Hero will dissapoint me like every other ex-indie guy has. DBD did, Rollins did, Ambrose did, Cesaro sort of did. He's next. Aside from Rollins and Cesaro (who I'm still kind of meh on) they managed to win me over.

Also since when has Richie been a face? I remember him beating Sandow but did that make him a face?

He never really stopped being a face. He was just working with Aksana against Husky. That gave him the fan response of being a heel, but at the same time he was acting like a face (you're attacking a woman? *Superkick!* B A *, motherfucker!). Besides he's a Steamboat. Being a face requires no explanation. It's genetic for them.

And because I can, I'm going to rant about Seth Rollins for a moment. Never, in all my time of watching FCW have I seen someone get treated like Seth Rollins. Never have I seen anyone catered to as much as Seth Rollins. He kept his indie theme (which nobody in WWE had until the Summer of Punk 2.0), rarely lost (the only loss I remember him taking in his first 6 months was to Richie, in a tournament he won (it was fought under Dusty rules. 'Sall cool)), and had a gimmick created just so that he could have longer matches, and outside of Jinder and Archer he wrestled exclusively with people who are good by FCW standards. They did what they were intended to do, keep the cunt happy and mask the fact that he's shit. But still fucking rediculous, even ignoring his claimed pay rise (double his old ROH salary).

Honestly Sandow and Kruger do absolutely nothing for me. If you're going to shit on Rollins for not having personality or ability to connect with the fans, those two are just as clueless. They're so bland and cookie cutter, it's like they just trotted them out of the Create a Wrestler mode in one of the Smackdown vs. RAW games. Atleast Rollins has a unique moveset and some intensity and charisma in the ring. When I watch Kruger and especially Sandow I usually find myself thinking "When is this match going to end?" to be honest. They're not bad workers or anything, they just have nothing interesting about them though that would make me want to see them get called up to the WWE over the 12,000 guys exactly like them on the indies and FCW right now.

Been in a metal mood lately. Jamming to this epic song.

X, you're a snob. You must love Tree of Life.

Is that the latest Terrence Malick flick? I haven't seen it yet actually. Heard good things though. I love The Thin Red Line, so I'll give it a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back