Official WWE Network: Issues, Reviews, News And Notes *Spam Rules Apply!*

Whats annoying is how much it buffers. I was just watching Wrestlemania Today and it kept skipping around 5 seconds going back and forth...ugh

I've found it curious that WWE picked the period immediately before Wrestlemania to launch the network. On the one hand, I was figuring it might have been wiser to let WM30 stand on its own, with (hopefully) 1 million people buying it for the event it's always been so they'd take in all that money, rather than including it in an all-inclusive package that partially negates $55 million in one-time fees.

On the other hand, I would think they're hoping that offering WM30 as the first "benefit" of subscribing would induce more folks to buy the network for at least six months instead of shelling out $55 for the PPV alone. After all, that $55 represents almost half of what we'll pay for the network for an entire year, right?

Surely, WWE has considered the trade-off, and I wonder how well it works for them.

WM30 was the big selling point for me to buy the Network in the first place. I know they had considered eliminating the PPV from it's initial set-up. But once they announced they'd show it, that's what got a lot of customers hooked.

I swear to God they better not fuck it up. Showing live feeds of NXT, etc is one thing. But nothing is going to compare to the activity those servers are going to deal with once WM starts.

If the first hour is one big clusterfuck, I probably won't even bother watching the rest of it.

A lot riding on this and Vince knows it. If they can't pull this first event off without a hitch, there is going to be a ton of backlash.

But once they announced they'd show it, that's what got a lot of customers hooked.

That's the trade-off I spoke of. It seems to me the folks who would rather spend $55 just for the event were short-changing themselves, since it cost only $120 for the entire year, including WM30, to buy the network. But by the same token, I wondered whether WWE comes out ahead by sacrificing all the individual WM30 buys in the short term.

But nothing is going to compare to the activity those servers are going to deal with once WM starts.

That's a concern, too. The only saving grace is that if they screw up the live feed, the event (presumably) becomes a part of the library immediately and we can see it the next day or the day after. True, we want to see it live, but if the online demands prove too much for them that night, at least we're not cut out of the action forever.

even though i have the network, i still think i'm going to buy it. first, i just don't trust the wwe to get this right. second, my internet always sucks on sunday nights. and usually runs slow between 8 and 10. i have people coming over to watch it, so i really don't want to take any chances.

even though i have the network, i still think i'm going to buy it. first, i just don't trust the wwe to get this right. second, my internet always sucks on sunday nights. and usually runs slow between 8 and 10. i have people coming over to watch it, so i really don't want to take any chances.

In LaBar's Tribune article, he also knows of someone buying the PPV while having the Network. If you have people over who will fork over some dough, I'd say go for it. But for me, who can't afford to pay the price tag, I have to cross my fingers nothing happens.

Watched HOF last night, no problem. WM pre show tonight, no problems. WM show, no problem. There were sign up problems, operational problems at the start and a few operational problems along the way. And there will be other problems in the future - we know that. But on the biggest night of the year on their biggest weekend of the year, WWE got it right. No problems, no streaming disruptions, excellent picture quality! Watched from both PS3 and iPhone without missing a beat. All for 2 payments of $9.95. Say what you want about Vince, but putting all the eggs in the streaming tv basket was extremely risky. and so far it seems like giving the major PPV providers the middle finger was the right move. also good was starting it up to give just enough time to work out major kinks without overexposing the new service.

Congrats WWE. Only question now is how long will things go before this goes to $14.95/mo and eventually $19.95/mo and beyond?

That's exactly what I was worried about and it went off perfectly. I had a couple lagging issues but thats just cuz my internet was being crappy at the time. Well done WWE Network. Hopefully they keep the price at 9.99...especially for those who signed up early.

I've been one of the lucky few who signed up initially without any problems. The only problems I had tonight was my own internet connection that blinked out a couple times. It came back in, praise The Lord, as I was on the verge of pukin', shittin', pissin', speaking in tongues and crying all at the same time.

The WWE Network performed beautifully and if it can handle the sort of traffic it was getting for WrestleMania, then there should be no problems with the rest of the ppvs.

Have any of you guys had problems trying to get PPVs to load with the "bullet points" within the play line? Sometimes the "bullet points" load, but other times there isn't anything there.

By "bullet point," I mean when you hover over one of the dots and it says something like "Undertaker beats Kane with Tombstone piledriver."

Have any of you guys had problems trying to get PPVs to load with the "bullet points" within the play line? Sometimes the "bullet points" load, but other times there isn't anything there.

By "bullet point," I mean when you hover over one of the dots and it says something like "Undertaker beats Kane with Tombstone piledriver."

yeah, it's hit or miss. There have been times when I've used those bullet points, or just clicked anywhere on that "timeline", and nothing happens. Other times it works fine. Still working out the glitches I guess, I'm assuming someone is out there notifying them of every single problem.

Is anybody in the UK running the WWE Network successfully on an iPad? I know there are ways of getting around the geoblock on a computer or a PS4 but I've read or heard nothing in regards to an iPad. I thought I was happy to wait for the UK launch but I'm getting impatient and I'm tempted to treat myself to an iPad and a subscription once I've got all of my uni work done.

A lot of the issues I have noticed on the WWE Network have been addressed. I do most of my viewing on my 360 so I can watch on my big 60" TV. :D The one main problem I still have is when I rewind or fast forward on the 360 the screen shifts right or distorts. Anyone else experiencing this issue? Besides that, my only problem is wanting more on demand vintage footage, like the old Superstars program and some Mid-Atlantic stuff would be awesome. Also some wrestling related movies and WWE produced films on the live stream would be good to mix it up a little.

I was wondering exactly what was the content like and fully consist of?

..to the point, I want to watch ecw for example, in a tv timeline before their network tv deal? The old stuff?

Or go back to a certain year and watch the whole tv schedule the way it was shown? Example I wanna watch the whole build up to survivor series 97 and all the raws and other shows, possible?

Can you watch nitro and the wcw Monday night shows in order?

All wcw ppv's?

It's the Monday night war stuff, and ecw full library I'm looking for.

Is it all there?

And more to the point is it really worth the money for the catalogue???ecw and wcw stuff we had limited access too?

coz let's be honest especially over in the uk it's not hard to get free ppv footage.

I had about 5 instances last night in which the picture froze....did anyone else? The longest pause was about 45 seconds.

I thought these PPVs were supposed to be live, no? The views on our TVs don't buffer in a live production, right?

Still, the PPV must at least have been on a time delay because the closed-captioning was running concurrent with the people speaking the lines, which is impossible if the production is live. No one can transcribe words into closed-captioning as they're being spoken; usually, the text runs a few seconds after the words are delivered in a live event.

So, don't believe 'em when they say what you're watching is totally live.

I had about 5 instances last night in which the picture froze....did anyone else? The longest pause was about 45 seconds.

I thought these PPVs were supposed to be live, no? The views on our TVs don't buffer in a live production, right?

Still, the PPV must at least have been on a time delay because the closed-captioning was running concurrent with the people speaking the lines, which is impossible if the production is live. No one can transcribe words into closed-captioning as they're being spoken; usually, the text runs a few seconds after the words are delivered in a live event.

So, don't believe 'em when they say what you're watching is totally live.

You can't really go by CC with live events. I've seen shows, cartoons and other love programming with captioning out of wack by a couple seconds.

You're being a bit picky if you consider programming being off a few seconds from when you see it NOT LIVE.

I was wondering exactly what was the content like and fully consist of?

..to the point, I want to watch ecw for example, in a tv timeline before their network tv deal? The old stuff?

They have some ecw eps from 94 and 95

Or go back to a certain year and watch the whole tv schedule the way it was shown? Example I wanna watch the whole build up to survivor series 97 and all the raws and other shows, possible?

Not yet, but it will be eventually. WWE is adding raws by date, a few eps a week. As of today they are to april 1995

Can you watch nitro and the wcw Monday night shows in order?

No WCW tv is up yet, except for all clash of the champions.

All wcw ppv's?

All of the WCW ppvs are up

It's the Monday night war stuff, and ecw full library I'm looking for.

Is it all there?

There are a few random eps of raw from 1998 and 1999, 3 of each year, but as i said earlier wwe is adding raws by date, so they will be up eventually.

And more to the point is it really worth the money for the catalogue???ecw and wcw stuff we had limited access too? .

Honestly, not yet, but in about 6 months or so when they get a few more years of raw up. i expect nitro will begin to appear when the monday night wars show starts up.

Thanks catacomb irony is I actually signed up for the free trial and used a dns site to help me watch here in the uk.

Was actually really disappointed in what the network had to offer.

The ppv library is great but apart from that far too much missing, was expecting far more documentaries and old DVDs which aren't there, and far to little original content.

The best episodes of raw aren't there, and no nitro either. And big chucks of ecw tv not there and none of the ecw tnn stuff as far as I could see.

Not sure the charge is worth it considering over here in the uk it is very easy to get free high quality live streaming of ppv's and they're numerous sites to watch replays almost instantly after the ppv.

Not overly impressed at all.

I think that I'm only going to renew the Network every year from March-September or so, that way I can get both WrestleMania and SummerSlam.

But anyhow, has anyone else here had issues with the Network having Shockwave Flash crashing issues? It's been a big problem for me lately and I've even taken (what should be) the necessary steps to fix the issue but it keeps happening. I can't seem to go more then 15 minutes without it crashing on me, which is a bit of a hassle.

WWE has made it's second quarterly conference call this morning and new info on the WWE Network has come out. According to the call, the network has 700,000 subscribers, up only from 677,000 since WrestleMania. Analyst Bradley Safalow predicted a low number and estimates that they'll have 800,000 or so by the end of the year. Safalow also notes that his projection for the WWE Network is that WWE will ultimately hit 4 to 5 million subscribers. The earnings report also mentions that WWE will be keeping the $9.99 price with a 6 month commitment and will also offer a commitment free plan in which a subscriber can pay month to month at $19.99.

I was surprised by the number, I was expecting them to be about 800,000 or so already. However, Wall Street seems to be really encouraged by the information coming out of WWE this morning as the company's stock has increased by almost 9.5% to $13.23 per share. When the numbers for the network came out the day after WrestleMania XXX, I thought 677,000+ was a strong number but the stock tanked. Today, the number is much lower than I expected, yet WWE's stock's jumped almost 10% from yesterday. I know that it's because of more than the WWE Network announcement, but still.

So, the renewal numbers will be crucial, as far as the Network goes. Without proper retention, the Network can't be sustainable. The talent got above expected payouts for WM30, which is always good news.

So, at this point, tons of investors are going to put money in, and they're going to watch the renewals in a month. If the renewal numbers look positive, then these investors just made a smart move, and the stock soars. If the renewals look bad, then you can dump, since the buy in was so low, and the stock plummets, and probably doesn't recover for a long time. This renewal period is the most important period since the WWE went public, imo.

Triple H, Stephanie McMahon and George Barrios participated in the Needham Fireside Chat event in New York City on Tuesday and revealed that WCW Nitro episodes will be added to the WWE Network beginning this fall alongside the Monday Night War series.

I LOVE the WWE Network and have had it since day 1 but am curious about Raw replays and WCW Nitro's. I saw recently HHH mentioned WCW Nitro's will be available this Fall, any idea why they were not available at Launch?

I often go back to watch old Raws and not many are there, some years are skipped and some years only have 1-3, will there be a time 100% of Raws will be on WWE Network?

And where there be a time Raw will be available close to in Real Time from the current Monday Night?

WWE Network is awesome, without a doubt. In time it will only get better. They need to introduce auto resume ASAP, that is my biggest gripe, but apparently this is is something they are working on.

I'm tempted to sell my entire DVD collection due to the Network.

I don't have the internet at home, so I can't get the network. But there are a couple of bars within biking distance of where I live, and I was thinking of going to one if it was going to play one of the PPVs... I can choke down 10 bucks worth of bar food if it means I can watch the show. Fried food seems to agree with me.

Anyways, I ask this question... this is for anyone who's gone out to bars or sports pubs to watch the WWE PPVs. Have any bars in your area stopped carrying the PPVs now that they're on the WWE Network, and not traditional PPV channels? On one hand, it seems like some would stop carrying them because of the hassle of hooking something else up to all the televisions. But on the other hand, if it's going to cost a bar 10 dollars to get a PPV every month instead of 60 dollars, plus maybe a bar could have some special 'retro PPV' nights where they show a classic PPV?

Just musing. I don't drink, but I like the camaraderie. Plus, like I said, no internet at home.

I couldn't help but think that the narrator of Monday Night War sounded exactly like Keith David. I looked it up, and holy shit, it was actually Keith David!! Props to WWE for getting him to add his signature voice to the show.

I woke up and was stoked to see that Nitro had been added to the network. This was immediately followed by disappointment when I realized that the Raw replays were not available for the same dates that Nitro has.

I'm hoping to start at the beginning of the Monday Night Wars and watch all of the Nitro and Raw episodes (as well as PPVs) in order. MAKE THIS HAPPEN WWE!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back