Official WWE Network: Issues, Reviews, News And Notes *Spam Rules Apply!*

Was it just me or was the one week "trial" just full of suck? I don't want to go back and re-watch the past 3 years.... I can get that on Youtube or their best of RAW/Smackdown collections. It seemed like the only thing they really had was for the past 3 years. There was maybe 5 episodes from the Attitude Era and really nothing before that. As for the billing setup.... sure it's 9.99 per month and you are automatically locked in for 6 months. Sorry not going to happen unless they add a ton more content. There is no excuse for that website to be the mess it is when they knew damn good and well when it was going to brought online.

Honestly WWE Network is worth the money they are asking for. At least not until they add more content and also what they said they were going to add.

Every pay-per-view ever isn't enough content? They'll eventually get all of the Raws up, but hundreds of hours of content at launch in pretty incredible.

AWESOME product. I love it. The first day had some problems (when does a huge technological roll out not have a problem?) but they have since been worked out. I can't decide what I want to do. I thought about just going oldest to newest, but then I get in the mood for something specific. Like early 90s WCW or 1997 HBK vs Hart Foundation. I'm very happy I got this. It's only 10/month. Which is the same as my Spotify.

I've been unable to get it work all day long. I've also had issues with my Internet connection lately too so I'm trying to see if that's the real problem or not. Has it been down for anyone else today ?

I think for the most part the network has run with minor glitches
I am a huge wrestling fan and this network clearly was launched to end speculation and whether VKM admits it or not to compete with UFC Fight Pass which was launched a month before WWE's
As long as HHH doesn't screw up I think in the future we will see more wrestling on this network
If TNA was to lose the tv rights it would be smart for VKM to have TNA pay yearly rights to air their programming on the network
I do think within the next few years you will also see ROH programming on the network
Also if the deal with Viacom goes through we will see non-wrestling material on this network
The one thing I would like WWE to do is make content downloadable
WWE can even have downloadable limits within 24 hours so nobody can just pay one month and download all the material to their PC
The end goal is to get this network onto cable

If WWE decides to go with Viacom for weekly programming it wouldn't shock me if the deal comes down to WWE slowly phasing Spike TV out and WWE would have their own cable network
Viacom wins because WWE despite what some may say is still main stream and Viacom would get a lump sum of cash from the Spike TV purchase
I think it would be wiser for WWE to sign a deal with Viacom seeing they have more entertainment possibilites than NBCUniveral

TNA pay WWE to air TNA on the WWE Network? I don't quite understand how that's beneficial to either party. WWE will never acknowledge TNA explicitly - rightly so - let alone promote them, and TNA sacrificing a potential source of income and paying somebody to air their programming is such a bad business model that it's almost as if Dixie Carter came up with it.

WWE surely has no interest on holding anything other than what they own on the Network, and why would they? There's no need for them to open the eyes of their consumers to any wrestling which isn't happening inside a WWE ring.

If TNA has no tv home they don't have much of a choice
This network should be about all wrestling fans not just WWE fans or what WWE thinks is popular
This network should be a first of its kind: a wrestling network for all
If TNA was to pay yearly rights VKM could care less of TNA's future just as long as they pay those right fees That deal would also include WWE having the rights of TNA's vault only for the network and not distributing dvd's or any other merchandise

MNW stuff for the Network should be released between May-June at least thats what the last WWE report said last week about the Nitro broadcasts

They made some nice improvements to the network since the launch. I think it's also because their is no more free trial so everyone who has it now is paying. I like that it's lag free, they now show on the fast button when a match starts and finishes so it's easier to find and if you don't finish what you are watching that day, you can resume it where you left off the next.

This will sound awfully negative ('cause it is!) but while much of the "ability to choose whatever event we want from the menu" capability has been going just fine, I'm wondering if the network is prepared to handle their first live event: WM30. Live stuff is a whole 'nother ball of wax, and I can just imagine them screwing it up world-wide.... and then.....well, then what?

One thing: I presume that every live PPV coming will immediately become part of the WWE library, no? In theory, that's great because if you miss the live showing, you can pick it out of the menu whenever you want.....even the very next night, yes? I've got other videos in ready to entertain my guests that night just in case the live WM feed flakes on us.

It ought to be a challenge to get the first one right. Let's see how they do.

This will sound awfully negative ('cause it is!) but while much of the "ability to choose whatever event we want from the menu" capability has been going just fine, I'm wondering if the network is prepared to handle their first live event: WM30. Live stuff is a whole 'nother ball of wax, and I can just imagine them screwing it up world-wide.... and then.....well, then what?

One thing: I presume that every live PPV coming will immediately become part of the WWE library, no? In theory, that's great because if you miss the live showing, you can pick it out of the menu whenever you want.....even the very next night, yes? I've got other videos in ready to entertain my guests that night just in case the live WM feed flakes on us.

It ought to be a challenge to get the first one right. Let's see how they do.

I'm almost positive it will be available immediately. The reason the Rumble and Elimination Chamber weren't was because of something with the old PPV format, from what I've read.

I've been fiddling around for the network, and I'm pretty bummed that the search function really sucks.

I think they should have a profile page where you search for a specific wrestler, and every single content that he appears in is listed in chronological order with stars next to each milestone.

I'm guessing that would take lots of time for them to do, but they could easily do 20 profiles a month if they have a team work on it. They should make it a priority to get profiles for the current roster along with the most notable legends, and then focus on adding more guys from the past.

Finally I got the WWE Network subscription (don't ask how, you probably know it). I do have few questions.

One is that I got billed twice. I tried contacting customer support but in vain. If anyone has figured out how to get the live chat support work, please help me out with that (for some reason, it doesn't work for me at all).

Second, how do I effectively search the shows I want to see? The search function really sucks and I cannot find the shows I'd want to watch (I know that a lot of shows may still not be available). I just can't seem to figure that out.

Finally I got the WWE Network subscription (don't ask how, you probably know it). I do have few questions.

One is that I got billed twice. I tried contacting customer support but in vain. If anyone has figured out how to get the live chat support work, please help me out with that (for some reason, it doesn't work for me at all).

Second, how do I effectively search the shows I want to see? The search function really sucks and I cannot find the shows I'd want to watch (I know that a lot of shows may still not be available). I just can't seem to figure that out.

What do you mean by "searching for shows"? Full episodes of old RAWs, Smackdowns, Nitros, etc. are not on the Network.

The original programming on the Network is great. The Countdown show in particular, although at some point they'll be hard pressed to find new things to actually "count down".

The latest one is the "biggest blunders". Not going to get into the specifics of the countdown itself, but two observations about 2 guys who comment on the "blunders". A bunch of wrestlers give their opinions and recollections and two things jumped out.

1) Daniel Bryan is a snarky little prick
-He came off terribly. Watch the show and get back to me, I didn't write down quotes, but he sounds like such a self-righteous douche.

2) Cena is even more milquetoast/boring when out of character then when he is IN character.
-Brings absolutely nothing to the table. Even if something begs to be made fun of, he sugarcoats it. He seems like he doesn't even want to be involved in doing the "interview" or whatever to begin with. Just fulfiling his obligation.

On the flip side, Ambrose, Rollins, Cesaro, and Big E all added a lot and weren't sarcastic pricks (Bryan) or just stating the obvious with no insight (Cena).

What do you mean by "searching for shows"? Full episodes of old RAWs, Smackdowns, Nitros, etc. are not on the Network.

Yeah, sorry for that, I realized it later.

Having said that, apart from some streaming issues, it is working fine for me. I bought WWE Network for only one reason: I want to watch Wrestlemania XXX live. But the content it has (plus the content they are advvertising to add) is worth every penny. I want to catch on few WCW PPVs to start with.

One thing I still rather really dislike is how it doesn't save your progress through a show/ppv you are watching. Many times using the PS3 I've been knocked offline for a bit and when I resigned in I had to find out where I last left off. Same with my phone, if I go to check a text or something which puts WWE Network in the background it makes me start from the beginning of what I was watching. Is there any info for this?

Can we get a consistent schedule for uploading old raw/smackdown? Networks been up for over a month and we still don't have all the 1993 raws

I've found it curious that WWE picked the period immediately before Wrestlemania to launch the network. On the one hand, I was figuring it might have been wiser to let WM30 stand on its own, with (hopefully) 1 million people buying it for the event it's always been so they'd take in all that money, rather than including it in an all-inclusive package that partially negates $55 million in one-time fees.

On the other hand, I would think they're hoping that offering WM30 as the first "benefit" of subscribing would induce more folks to buy the network for at least six months instead of shelling out $55 for the PPV alone. After all, that $55 represents almost half of what we'll pay for the network for an entire year, right?

Surely, WWE has considered the trade-off, and I wonder how well it works for them.

I've found it curious that WWE picked the period immediately before Wrestlemania to launch the network.

Considering that Pay Per Views are the main draw FOR the Network, I think it makes perfect sense that they launched ahead of Wrestlemania. They wanted to maximize the #s of subscribers right off the bat, and launching prior to WM was the way to do it. If they were concerned about losing the PPV buys, they wouldn't have done the Network to begin with.

On XBOX, all of the PPVs are in chronological order!! It makes things much easier for me.

Have they added a fair number of PPVs? Once I finally got the Network to actually work on my Xbox, I noticed they only had a handful of PPVs, most of them were pretty random WWE PPVs.

Also, they need to get on with adding the app to the Xbox One. I still have my 360, but outside of the Network, which I can just as easily watch on my PC, I don't really use it anymore.

They added the WCW and ECW PPVs. At first they put them in the Vault, but now they are also under Pay Per Views.

The Network is working fantastic for me so far. Some very small kinks, but nothing a refresh doesn't fix.

Still worried that the servers aren't going to handle the WM30 activity. Right now that's the only thing I'm worrying about. Going to be using my PS3 after considering the laptop-to-tv function via hdmi cable. I would think it wouldn't matter by now.

After a few weeks of having the Network, the only thing that happens too often for my liking is the "pause/rewind/fast-forward" buttons not functioning. Doesn't happen OFTEN, but when it does it sucks, and it's happened multiple times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back