Official WWE Network: Issues, Reviews, News And Notes *Spam Rules Apply!*

I don't believe you can watch new RAWs on the network. I think you still have to watch it on your tv

Fair enough. It's highly unlikely I'd ever watch a live Raw anyway but on this occasion I thought I'd put the Network to test early and was like "The f*ck's going on...?"

Raw and Smackdown don't appear on the Network until 30 days after the original air date due to TV contracts.

as a fan of old wrestling i can't say enough about how awesome the network is. i started to watch from summer slam 92 including every raw up to about 95 where i am now.

For someone who missed the attitude era i can't wait to dig in to those raw's and ppv's

the added bonus of all current events is a bonus but i would get it no matter what just for the classics and the access to their vault.

Also i gotta wonder how they will treat the Raw's from the year 2000 or so after benoit is already part of it, i know that they put all the ppv's but i dont think they want to increase his presence on the network.... i hope i'm wrong and eventually we will see all those raw's on the network (obviously except the one where they celebrated his career)

Vince made it a point to buy every video library of all the other major promotions/territories. Why are we not seeing any of it outside of World Class? Also, why have there been no new episodes added basically since the network went live?

not enough original content, and still the best of the raws are not there. There should be a live talk show type show at least a couple of times a week, with phone ins, interviews and discussions much like the now ever popular podcasts. They are already running out of ideas for countdown shows, the Monday night wars although very good, wasn't what it could have been.

When they decide to release all the raws and smackdown they should do a Monday night war special every Monday starting at the first nitro. They show the full show of both raw and nitro, which are then followed by a phone in panel type show with guys who were involved in both shows, discussions about the show, the ratings how they were booked, a real in depth analysis or each show week by week, ideally it could be co presented by Jim Ross and say tony schiavone or even bishoff. A real anylisis of both shows every week.

Obviously they don't want to put everything up all at once, but it's been a year now. Needs improvement

I totally agree with you actually. I've often thought that there should be a weekly podcast on the WWE Network. What with the popularity of other podcasts in the world of wrestling, it really doesn't make sense to not have one on there. Especially when it can really bring some exposure to the thoughts and feelings of the WWE fans. I don't think k it really has to be anything grand or spectacular but it definitely is something they should be looking into. Hell, it might even get some of the wrestlers over if they can make an appearance.

For what it is, there really isn't enough original programming on the Network. Mostly the WWE just replays things from the past when it should be emphasising it's present and it's future. A talk show, a podcast... Something! The content on there is good for the hardcore fan who is interested in the history but doesn't have a great deal of content for those who are fans of the product today.

This might seem like a total dud question but I'd appreciate your feedback.

So, I'm in the UK, the network finally launched a few months ago. Due to the time difference I'm yet to watch a wwe ppv live via the network..

I've got a good Internet connection but I've noticed when even watching low rated programmes live (superstars, legends house etc) that the feed sometimes lags.

I'm having a Wrestlemania party and watching live with friends. With so many eyes on Wrestlemania I'm worried it's going to be a cluster muck, in which case I'll probably have to end up paying the box office price via Sky TV which will be a bummer.

Mainly aimed at UK users but no matter where you're from what's your overall quality of experience while watching ppvs live on the network?

Thanks

I live in Canada and we get the Network differently. We get it on one of the cable channels, and never have a problem with lag or anything.

I've heard though from friends in the US that even during RAW and SD, they can get very laggy streams and it's worse during PPV's. Now part of it might be their internet connection, but they complain all the time about it.

As for the start, it should start on time for you, that shouldn't be a problem. The preshow goes at 5 PM our time and you are 5 hours ahead of me, so it should start at 10 PM, with Mania going on at midnight your time.

At the minute I'm showing my son matches from the past. Now every match I have shown he has loved. The three triangular/ tlc matches. Dudley and all. Rock v Austin two. Bret v Austin. All and every MITB match. Razor v Shawn ladder at ten. HBK v Kane cell match. The point is every gimmick match going he loved.
Then I introduced him to wrestling matches. Brock v Angle at 19. And Jericho v HBK same event. Now my son is 12 and found them boring. Now personally I find them to be classics.
Is it too late for my son to appreciate proper wrestling matches or is he going to be a gimmick lover for life. I want him to be a wrestling fan as well.

Help.

No more wrestlers just superstars. Technical wrestling is only entertaining to most people today when its Brock and he's only using that talent to just completely steamroll over the competition. This is the way Vince wants things so yeah probably a lost cause with all emphasis nowadays being put into entertainment and none at all on the athleticism of it. Sad but true, the glory days of Angle Lesnar Benoit are memories anymore

No more wrestlers just superstars. Technical wrestling is only entertaining to most people today when its Brock and he's only using that talent to just completely steamroll over the competition. This is the way Vince wants things so yeah probably a lost cause with all emphasis nowadays being put into entertainment and none at all on the athleticism of it. Sad but true, the glory days of Angle Lesnar Benoit are memories anymore

I'm basically asking how to get my son to be interested in proper wrestling matches from the past. Forget today.

I'm basically asking how to get my son to be interested in proper wrestling matches from the past. Forget today.

Try showing him some Malenko v Guerrero matches from WCW and ECW if you can and any of Rey's early stuff. They're great technical matches but also have a bit of highflying to them too. That might get him interested and then work him into the Angle, Benoit etc matches. Just try him with the great technical wrestlers who throw in a bit of something different to make them stand out. Hope it works out for you.

Are you catching up him to speed on back stories? I realize a good match can stand alone but in many cases the build takes it to a new level. You need to find material that illustrates proper pro wrestling psychology.

The last few weeks on the network I have noticed they have started to randomly include about a 30 second to 1 minute advert before you play anything which you cannot skip, I'm paying £10 per month for this, You never see adverts on Netflix which is half the price of the network so does anyone else think having these adverts are out of order? Even free youtube you can skip the advert after 5 seconds, My internet is not the best anyway so its like I play an event and wait sometimes nearly a minute for it to load then sometimes another minute to play an advert only to at times find out I have played the wrong event and need to go through whole process again not much fun!!
but if I play youtube on my tv its pretty much instant and most ill wait to skip video is like 5 seconds, I know the UK are paying nearly double the price someone in the USA pays so I feel like I'm being ripped off and service is not good enough.
Also when I signed up I was under the impression I could watch RAW and Smackdown on it but didn't realise its like on a 2 month delay so I end up still trying to catch highlights on youtube anyway.
On the plus side there has been so much I have enjoyed watching especially events I haven't been able to previously get on DVD in this country but at the end of the day I don't like feeling like I'm being ripped off.

Has anyone else had these issues with the nework?

The last few weeks on the network I have noticed they have started to randomly include about a 30 second to 1 minute advert before you play anything which you cannot skip, I'm paying £10 per month for this, You never see adverts on Netflix which is half the price of the network so does anyone else think having these adverts are out of order? Even free youtube you can skip the advert after 5 seconds, My internet is not the best anyway so its like I play an event and wait sometimes nearly a minute for it to load then sometimes another minute to play an advert only to at times find out I have played the wrong event and need to go through whole process again not much fun!!
but if I play youtube on my tv its pretty much instant and most ill wait to skip video is like 5 seconds, I know the UK are paying nearly double the price someone in the USA pays so I feel like I'm being ripped off and service is not good enough.
Also when I signed up I was under the impression I could watch RAW and Smackdown on it but didn't realise its like on a 2 month delay so I end up still trying to catch highlights on youtube anyway.
On the plus side there has been so much I have enjoyed watching especially events I haven't been able to previously get on DVD in this country but at the end of the day I don't like feeling like I'm being ripped off.

Has anyone else had these issues with the nework?

We here in Canada don't have the online version, we get it through our cable company, but I don't recall ever seeing ads. If there are any it's just plugs for upcoming shows on the Network which I don't mind.

It's been a long known fact since the Network started that you don't get RAW and SD. The WWE has contracts in place with the USA and Syfy networks, who have sponsors that pay to put ads on those shows. I would assume the same is in place in the UK with Sky Sports. After a certain length of time they can put episodes on the Network, but yea you have the delay.

We here in Canada don't have the online version, we get it through our cable company, but I don't recall ever seeing ads. If there are any it's just plugs for upcoming shows on the Network which I don't mind.

It's been a long known fact since the Network started that you don't get RAW and SD. The WWE has contracts in place with the USA and Syfy networks, who have sponsors that pay to put ads on those shows. I would assume the same is in place in the UK with Sky Sports. After a certain length of time they can put episodes on the Network, but yea you have the delay.

Your probably right about the raw and smackdown delays, sky sports here is just way too much out of my price range to afford which is why TNA has higher ratings in this country as its the only wrestling on free TV. I didn't realise you could get network through your cable company there that would be so much better if they done that here and having no matches cut off half way through due to internet.

I don't remember ever seeing an ad. Even if I did, a one minute ad wouldn't bother me. It's still a great value. If I have time to watch a three hour PPV that's 25 years old I can spare the extra minute.

I don't remember ever seeing an ad. Even if I did, a one minute add wouldn't bother me. It's still a great value. If I have time to watch a three hour PPV that's 25 years old I can spare the extra minute.

Exactly this. If I've planned to sit through a 2 or 3, hell even 4 hour show, why would I complain about 30-60 seconds extra? If I have 3/4 hours spare, I'm sure an extra minute is spare too.

Yeah, we pay £9.99 for the WWE Network & adverts not existing would be lovely. But fuck it, I'm not fussed what the WWE Network does. Put an advert on at the start, go ahead.

I'm a UK subscriber, but haven't noticed the ads yet - they've been doing this for years on wwe.com though, so I imagine it's similar to that.

As an aside, I've decided to watch every episode of Raw chronologically (which has surprisingly given me a much greater respect for the original Doink the Clown); though I'm still on 1993, it annoys me that it only goes up to October 1996, then jumps sporadically through the next decade, although they have released the Attitude Era Raws now. Hopefully by the time I've watched up to 10/96, they'll have added the remaining Raws between then and the AE

I think that one topic WWE needs to dedicate an episode of WWE 24 is the ending of The Undertaker's Streak. Think about it, there's so much things we still don't know and that we could find out about. Things like the 21-1 graphic supposedly being finished by the people who make those just as the match was about to end, if the commentators knew the result to the match, a 22-0 graphic being flashed when the match was about to begin, they could show footage of other wrestlers watching it backstage and their reactions after the match ends, whatever happened as Lesnar went back through the curtain after the match, because clearly something happened and wrestlers were upset, how the Divas were going into their match, because clearly it had to have been hard for them. I mean me personally, there's still a lot that I'd like to know about this match result.

I was Wondering What does paypal charge you when you set up a monthly payment to the wwe network in the uk percentage wise and is it worth doing it for the network or a card my card got declined according to wwe support and i have rung my bank 4 times and they have said my card is fine no declines or blocks on it and they have said to me as well that wwe aint even tried to request payment and wwe are saying that until the card is solved i should use a paypal account but i have said to them i think there could be a problem with the bank they use etc and also im told to get my payment off the site i can just go the billing section and click update payments but when i hit on billing information all i get is this page

kJ54UvI.png

and i told them it does not come up for me and all they can say to me is you can sir i swear they are trying to fob me off

Is anyone else having network problems? I can get onto the main menu but when I click to start watching live stream it's saying that there is a problem.

I'm not sure if its a problem on my end or WWE's?

I had issues on XBOX and Laptop but got on just as Orton was coming in so I only missed a Jon Stewart promo I didn't want to see. But alot of people were complaining on Twitter from what I saw

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back