• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

[OFFICIAL] Stan "The Lariat" Hansen Campaign thread!

Becca retired as well?

I don't know, but I posted the Official thread, Becca didn't seem to have the time, seeing as she hasn't really stepped up to post in the thread, I'm taking me as the official spokesman, but I'll gladly share the spotlight, but not with you, Batista gets no spotlight in this tournament..

Brian Pillman?! Well... it's as if Hansen should win this reasonably easy. I mean, I like Pillman, and his character before he died was pretty damn cool, but high flyers don't do very well against Hansen. Dynamite Kid fell to Hansen, and he's 10 times the wrestler Pillman is. If it's close, I'll post my epic case for Hansen, but hopefully it won't come to that until RVD gets to Hansen in the next round.

The+Edge.jpg

You think you know me?

:lol::lmao::worship:

that was fuckin great

Lariat, you convinced me to back Hansen this year. Granted, I won't be able to argue as well as you for him, but I've watched some more matches that convinced me he's one of the toughest guys step in the ring in the past 40 years.

I don't know, but I posted the Official thread, Becca didn't seem to have the time, seeing as she hasn't really stepped up to post in the thread, I'm taking me as the official spokesman, but I'll gladly share the spotlight, but not with you, Batista gets no spotlight in this tournament..

I'm fine with you being the 'Official' spokesman. I'll still be debating in each match he's a part of, the more of us the better :)

I'm fine with you being the 'Official' spokesman. I'll still be debating in each match he's a part of, the more of us the better :)

I shall consider it an honor :) I'm gonna have a problem although if he faces Austin.. he'd have to face him in the finals if that happened though.

Glad to hear you'll be there to back me up.

Really? Austin? Shawn should beat him, he's no where near Shawn's toughest competition, which I have down as Angle and The Undertaker, because they're 2 he has a very good chance of going up against.

Yeah I know Shawn could probably beat Austin, but I'm just seeing Austin going over in this one both from a backstage and kayfabe mode, but I'd be stupid to argue why, for now to say the least.

But still, they'd have to face in the finals for it to happen, time will show if either one of them even gets that far.

ive watched alot of hansen since our banter. And have come to the conclusion that il back him against anyone other than curt hennig chris benoit and kurt angle

Yea. They're impressive.

* All Japan Pro Wrestling
o AJPW Triple Crown Heavyweight Championship (4 times)[6]
o AJPW Unified World Tag Team Championship (8 times) – with Terry Gordy (2), Genichiro Tenryu (3), Dan Spivey (1), Ted DiBiase (1) and Gary Albright (1)[7]
o NWA International Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[8]
o NWA International Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Ron Bass[9]
o NWA United National Championship (1 time)[10]
o PWF World Heavyweight Championship (4 times)[11]
o PWF World Tag Team Championship (4 times) – with Bruiser Brody (1), Ted DiBiase (2) and Austin Idol (1)[12]
o Champion's Carnival (1992, 1993)
o World's Strongest Tag Team League (1983) – with Bruiser Brody
o World's Strongest Tag Team League (1985) – with Ted DiBiase
o World's Strongest Tag Team League (1988) – with Terry Gordy
o World's Strongest Tag Team League (1989) – with Genichiro Tenryu

* American Wrestling Association
o AWA World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[13]

* Cauliflower Alley Club
o Other honoree (1996)

* Continental Wrestling Association
o CWA International Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[14]

* Georgia Championship Wrestling
o NWA Columbus Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[15]
o NWA Georgia Heavyweight Championship (2 times)[16]
o NWA Georgia Tag Team Championship (3 times) – with Tommy Rich (2) and Ole Anderson (1)[17]

* Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling / World Championship Wrestling
o NWA United States Heavyweight Championship (1 time)1[18]
o NWA World Tag Team Championship (Mid-Atlantic version) (1 time) – with Ole Anderson[19]

* NWA Big Time Wrestling
o NWA Texas Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Killer Tim Brooks[20]

* NWA Tri-State
o NWA North American Heavyweight Championship (Tri-State version) (1 time)[21]
o NWA United States Tag Team Championship (Tri-State version) (1 time) – with Frank Goodish[22]

* National Wrestling Federation
o NWF Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[23]

* Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame and Museum
o Class of 2010

* Pro Wrestling Illustrated
o PWI Match of the Year (1976) vs. Bruno Sammartino on April 26
o PWI Most Hated Wrestler of the Year (1976)
o PWI ranked him #7 of the 100 best tag teams of the "PWI Years" with Bruiser Brody in 2003

* Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards
o 5 Star Match (1984) with Bruiser Brody vs. Dory and Terry Funk on December 8
o 5 Star Match (1993) vs. Kenta Kobashi on July 29
o Tag Team of the Year (1982) with Ole Anderson
o Best Brawler (1985, 1990)
o Wrestling Observer Newsletter Hall of Fame (Class of 1996)

So far, I've been disappoint with people and their voting. Hopefully, Hansen will get a fair shake at this and get some well deserved votes.

Great showing right now. Hansen's tied at the moment. This could be down to the wire... and I hope Hansen pulls one out and advances on to the next round.

*pat's IC's shoulder* Let it go, it's probably pretty messed up already, might as well buy a new one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back