Official: Obama vs McCain Presidential Election 2008

Election '08 - Who Do You Support?

• Barack Obama

• John McCain

• Neither

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
To be honest, I haven't kept up with this election in about 3 months; why? Well, because I was seriously tired of it. It was just overload, and it was growing tiresome hearing the same BS every time I turned on the television. That, and probably because I've been out of school.

So, I'm not going to be able to really add onto any of the discussion on here, but I do have some questions I'd like to see if I could get answered.

1. I was reading in here about Obama's birth certificate, can I ask why he has been asked to produce it? I'm confused as to exactly why he'd hide it, but also as to why he'd need to show it.

2. IrishCanadian had stated, and it seems many mirror his beliefs, that Obama seems "shady". I'd like people to explain that a little more, I'm interested in that to be honest.

My views are that if I could vote in the election, I'd vote for Obama. Not that I really don't like McCain, actually he seems like a very charismatic and likable individual from what I've seen but I'm leaning towards Obama just because to me it seems like he'd be "different" and this country needs something different. Not saying Obama's different would be good or bad, but different none the less.

And I'm not trying to cause much problems, but if Obama does get elected I really don't think he'll be there too long before either he is, or there's an attempted assassination.

I am not an american but i can see Obama becoming the president, he seems to be a genuine nice guy and doesnt post shit about his fellow candidates, and i hope he becomes president. better than george bush anyway, Obama for president!

John McCain is far too old to become president, He'll die in less then 5 years.

I am not an american but i can see Obama becoming the president, he seems to be a genuine nice guy and doesnt post shit about his fellow candidates,
He's releasing ads attacking McCain's wife. What a nice guy.

and i hope he becomes president. better than george bush anyway, Obama for president!

Obama has no voting records. He continually skips votes. In the Illinois legistlature, he voted present, meaning he abstained from voting, over half od the time. How do you know he'd be better than Bush? There is no evidence to bade that on. He's a flip flop waiting to hand the keys to candy store to Iran just o appease them.

John McCain is far too old to become president, He'll die in less then 5 years.

His mother is 95, on the campaign trail, and energetic. There is a better chance that you or I die in the next five years than there is McCain dies due to genetics alone.

He's attacking John McCain's wife because it's a perfect opportunity to do so. No one batted an eye at the attack adds against John Kerry for his wife being a Heinzs. It's a great strategy by Obama.

McCain kind of nonchalantly went on about all of the properties he and his wife own. Probably not exactly a good idea to do that in a time of recession and people barely able to keep their heads above water, and many people losing homes to foreclosure. Obama is attacking McCain for being out of touch, and he's right.

Plus McCains age is a huge negative against. Quite frankly, I'm not happy with either choices at this point, but I'm not happy with a man in his 70's trying to run this country either.

I'm just as mystified about a man in his 40's trying to run this country.

And McCain's wife's family has been wealthy for generations. This is America, and that is not only acceptable, it's the point of out system.

This country is not in a recession either. There have not been consecutive quarters of negative growth. The "r word" is just something liberals and NBC use to bash Bush because they're mad that he won....twice.

There is no recession. Cindy McCain's money is none of our business. And I prefer a man in his 70's to a man in his 40's when it comes to dealing with other world powers.

He's releasing ads attacking McCain's wife. What a nice guy.

And McCain's campaign hasn't attacked Obama's wife? ROFL

Obama has no voting records. He continually skips votes. In the Illinois legistlature, he voted present, meaning he abstained from voting, over half od the time. How do you know he'd be better than Bush? There is no evidence to bade that on. He's a flip flop waiting to hand the keys to candy store to Iran just o appease them.

First you say he has no voting records, then you say he has voted but only half of the time? Make up your mind. The most experienced choice is not always the right one, I'm fairly certain that Kennedy's presidency proved that rather well.

And how do we know he'd be better then Bush? Because ANYONE would have been better then Bush. No President has ever brought so many problems to his country while solving so few of the original ones then Bush. Here's how I know he'd be better then Bush: Obama believes that invading Iraq was a bad idea. Bush does not. There you go, pretty simple that was.

The keys to the candy store to Iran? What are you even talking about? My god don't tell me you're another Sean Hannity clone, full of simple talking points with no real ideas or evidence to support anything they say?

His mother is 95, on the campaign trail, and energetic. There is a better chance that you or I die in the next five years than there is McCain dies due to genetics alone.

So you're going to tell me that a healthy 23 year old male has a more likely chance to die in the next 5 years then a 71 year old man? Have you been snorting AJax?

I'm just as mystified about a man in his 40's trying to run this country.

Why? We've had 8 presidents who were in their 40's when elected. Compared to ZERO presidents who were elected in in their 70's. How again are you mystified by this idea?

And McCain's wife's family has been wealthy for generations. This is America, and that is not only acceptable, it's the point of out system.

The point of America is for everyone to become rich? Wow. You sure are in touch with the world.

This country is not in a recession either. There have not been consecutive quarters of negative growth. The "r word" is just something liberals and NBC use to bash Bush because they're mad that he won....twice.

Yes, because the American dollar is just becoming more and more valuable by the day isn't it? I'm sorry, but if when you're currency starts becoming less and less valuable, how is that not a sign that the economy isn't exactly booming?

And as for Bush's "victories"...right. You mean the one where the Supreme Court chose the president? That election? Or the one with the thousands of missing ballot boxes, that one? Which one are you referring to again?

There is no recession. Cindy McCain's money is none of our business. And I prefer a man in his 70's to a man in his 40's when it comes to dealing with other world powers.

And you'd be pretty ignorant to do so. How again is a man who has NEVER EVEN SENT AN E-MAIL BEFORE going to be more in touch with the current state of the world then someone in their 40s who has shown themselves to clearly have a better understanding of the world's current affairs? Right.

Jesus, you people make it too damn easy.

McCain. Im a strict Rep. Couldnt pay me to vote for Obama.

I dont get why ppl have faith that Obama will help the economy. When he clearly stated it was his weakest suit.
Yet the guy is promising a economic change.. When that change has ppl going from living in a home to a cardboard box. Theyll see what change he actually met.

But luckily I really dont see anyway for Obama to win. Only 38% of Hillarys supporters said they would vote for Obama. And if this turns into one big race war (which seems to be the way alot of Obama supporters are pushing things) He will get crushed in the polls.

Im a minority and the display of racial content (at the BET Awards for example) in favor of Obama made me sick. I felt embarrassed and ashamed that people of my race would stoop to that level of saying "WE gotta stick together!" instead of actually paying attention to the issues.

I couldn't agree more... with some of the things you stated. I my self do not align myself with any party. Who ever has the same polices on issues that I have, I will vote for. I don't think I will ever find a candidate that I agree with on every issue, thats why we have to weigh our options.

I personally think Obama's leadership quality's are suspect at best, but I'm willing to take that risk. It is time to try something new, John McBush....er.McCaine has not told me anything different then Bush has for the last 8 years. It's time to wash our hands of the "good o'l boys" that have had there greedy little hands in out political system since before the Regan administration.

My real problem is with the people who did not give a Rats A** about who was president 4 or 8 years ago , but now when I talk to people about politics, some say Obama some say McCaine. When I ask why, everyone responds because he is black or he is white. It sickens me that people in this country would vote for a candidate because the color of his skin, and know nothing about his policies.

So, the race is on, bitches!!

McCain picks Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin as his running mate.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/08/29/palin.republican.vp.candidate/index.html"

some excerpts from the article:

--Palin is the youngest person ever elected governor of Alaska and the first woman to hold the job.
--She was elected mayor of Wasilla at 32, defeating a three-term incumbent. Wasilla had a population of 5,469 in 2000, according to the city's Web site.
--Palin has focused on energy and natural resources policy during her short stint in office, and she is known for her support of drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, a position McCain opposes but many grass-roots Republicans support.
--She will be the first woman to be nominated for vice president as a Republican and only the second to run for vice president on a major party ticket, after Democrat Geraldine Ferraro in 1984.

I dont know about you guys, but I think McCain just lost the Game. Bringing a person with LESS experience in the political stage than Obama to the no2 spot is just to risky, specially when the Nominee is 72 years old. What if something happen to McCain and Palin needed to take charge? She doesn't have the experience nor the political heavyweight to hunt down terrorists or to have a sitdown with "The Bear"...

I can't wait for the debates. Biden will have her ass in a plate for breakfast in one minute.

Nonetheless, Sarah Palin is a hawt MILF, IMHO.

come on, google it. you'll shit bricks.

This is going to be fun.

And McCain's campaign hasn't attacked Obama's wife? ROFL

Obama's wife has interjected herself into the campaign, so she deserves it. This is the first time she's been proud to be an American? She is Harvard educated. Maybe she should go try to go to Iran's best university and then speak about how broken that country is. She'd be pretty proud to have been an American then. Cindy McCain has taken the traditional role of a demure first lady, standing by her man. Michelle Obama seems like a Hillary clone, a power hungry pitbull who will undermine her husband. You're probably ROFL because you and Obama are smoking some dope together.

First you say he has no voting records, then you say he has voted but only half of the time? Make up your mind. The most experienced choice is not always the right one, I'm fairly certain that Kennedy's presidency proved that rather well.

let's talk about Obama's voting record. He didn't vote against the Iraq war, BECAUSE HE WASN'T IN THE SENATE YET. He has voted against funding for armor on troop vehicles. He claims he's ready to be commander in chief on day one, yet he votes against protecting the troops? The only piece of legislation with his name on it is a non-binding resolution to not let terrorists have nukes. I guess I'm ready to be president because I support not cloning Hitler. Obama is a joke and his supporters are mindless sheep.
And how do we know he'd be better then Bush? Because ANYONE would have been better then Bush. No President has ever brought so many problems to his country while solving so few of the original ones then Bush. Here's how I know he'd be better then Bush: Obama believes that invading Iraq was a bad idea. Bush does not. There you go, pretty simple that was.

If you say anyone could be better than Bush, then you never heard of Jimmy Carter. Carter, by the way, is the democrat most compared to Obama. Bush has brought problems to this country. Problems like the highest ever point in the Dow Jones industrial average, and 17 million new home owners. He ended the tyranical reign of Saddam Hussein. If you haven't noticed, Iraq's government has settled oil revenues, as well as 16 of the 18 benchmarks set forth for us to leave. It took the US longer to settle on a constitution then it did Iraq. Bush's apprval rating is so low because he beat Hollywood's friends and NBC suckling teat providers. The media hates Bush because he doesn't care about their opinion, about anyone's opinion. He was thrust into a difficult situation, and no one would have handled it better. The Iraq war isn't the disaster you claim it to be, the Democratic Party is the true disaster. In two years with control of the congress, they have passed 37 non-binding resolutions and the BUSH economic stimulus package which delivered a 3% boost to the GDP (and it was only assumed it would add 2%) and a BUSH energy bill. Before you attack Bush, look at the approval rating of the Democratically controlled congress. That, sir, is the disaster. The fact that you want to elect the poster child of the worst congress ever is appalling, and you are a mindless sheep. He's a rockstar and you are nothing more than a groupie.
The keys to the candy store to Iran? What are you even talking about? My god don't tell me you're another Sean Hannity clone, full of simple talking points with no real ideas or evidence to support anything they say?

Me full of nothing but talking points? I'd attack Obama on policy, but he has none. I HOPE he knows what he's going to CHANGE, because he hasn't told anyone. And pulling everyone out of Iraq immediately is giving the keys to the candy store to Iran. They're the one's we're fighting there anyway, and our leaving would give them more oil and more money to use to attack us and destroy Israel. That's what I'm talking about. Don't tell me you're another Keith Olberman clone who says nothing but two witty criticism and nothing else for an hour every night. There is a reason O'Reilly triples him in the ratings every night. Olberman and his disciples are ******ed, uninformed sheep. Oh yeah, mindless too.

So you're going to tell me that a healthy 23 year old male has a more likely chance to die in the next 5 years then a 71 year old man? Have you been snorting AJax?

Who is the 23 year old male? I hope it's you and I hope the answer is yes. Every president of the last 40 years has made it past the age of 80. He has access to the best health care in the world. But if we're talking about snorting, let's look at Obama's college years. That drug addict is who I want as President.

Why? We've had 8 presidents who were in their 40's when elected. Compared to ZERO presidents who were elected in in their 70's. How again are you mystified by this idea?

And you're point is? If this election has taught you nothing, it's that we're going to have throw history out of the window. There is not a single question in this election that can be answered using precedent. What I am mystified by is that a man who failed a community organizer thinks he can organize the US and the world. I am also mystified that a man who hates "Washington insiders" picks the fifth longest tenured Senator in the congress. Obama is a walking contradiction, and like the Green Day song, he sucks.

The point of America is for everyone to become rich? Wow. You sure are in touch with the world.

So what is the American dream? To steal from the rich and give the money to crackheads with nine kids? To pay for health care that will be abused? The only reason that the insurance companies are better at regulating the health industry is that it is funded by users, who are less likely to abuse it at their own expense then when it is funded by the rich for the poor to abuse. I am not by any means rich, but my money is fucking mine. I fucking earned it, and don't feel like giving to someone who chooses not to work. I worked in welfare office, and the people who came in asking for MY tax money were better dressed than I was. That is unacceptable. Opportunity exists for everyone. Some people might have more opportunity, but so what? All men are created equal, but after that, some are better than others. The better ones do something with their opportunity, while the weak sit back and watch their chance pass them by. Am I supposed to pay for that? Am I supposed to pay for the asshole who CHOSE to go smoke weed instead of go to class? Am I supposed to pay for the **** who CHOSE to get knocked up at 16 instead of trying to get into college? My answer is no, and if your's isn't, then you are a mindless sheep.

This isn't Nottingham forest. Obama isn't Robin Hood. And happy endings are earned, not written in the real America. Grow up and realize that Obama is the worst thing that could happen to this country.

Yes, because the American dollar is just becoming more and more valuable by the day isn't it? I'm sorry, but if when you're currency starts becoming less and less valuable, how is that not a sign that the economy isn't exactly booming?

When liberal Deomcrat Bill Clinton gave China most favored nation trading status, many goods started coming from overseas. Technology started going overseas. Therefore, American companies lost money and 2 billion people in India and China were given the opportunity to drive cars. That caused the price of oil to rise, and since everything in the American economy needs to be transported, the price of everything rose, while salaries didn't, because Clinton gave all of our jobs to Chine, India, and Mexico. The price of oil rose, while people in America lost jobs. The immediate impact was profit for American companies, while long term, contracts went to China, and eventually, people started losing jobs, and America started losing prestige. Clinton got credit for the fruition of Reagonomics, and is escaping blame free for his policies ruining the American economy. I got this in an econmics class taught by the head of the Dallas Federal Reserve branch. He's smarter than you.
And as for Bush's "victories"...right. You mean the one where the Supreme Court chose the president? That election? Or the one with the thousands of missing ballot boxes, that one? Which one are you referring to again?

Oh, you mean the one where Al Gore lost his claim that he was cheated? On election night Bush won,a nd the supreme court chose not to overturn the will of the people? In that case, yes, that is what I am talking about. Or are you talking about the win in 2004, where Bush got more votes than any other candidate ion the history of the US? Then yes, that is what I am talking about. It's funny how you question the Supreme Court's decision there, but probably would never question it's decision in Roe vs. Wade. Which is it?

And you'd be pretty ignorant to do so. How again is a man who has NEVER EVEN SENT AN E-MAIL BEFORE going to be more in touch with the current state of the world then someone in their 40s who has shown themselves to clearly have a better understanding of the world's current affairs? Right.

Why send an e-mail when he has staff to do it. How does Obama have an understanding of the world? By going to Iraq and agreeing with the surge? Or by going to EUROPE to give his biggest foreign policy speech when he's running for President of America? Obama has shown time and again that he is not fit to be President, he is not even fit to be community organizer in Chicago. Barack, go home. Let the big boys play in the yard. You are nothing. You are a nice suit, a great speech, and a bag of wind. Give up. You and your supporters are drug addicted, appeasers with no respect for the America of the greatest generation.

Jesus, you people make it too damn easy.

If by "it" you mean beating idealistic liberals who have no business in the spotlight, then finally, we agree.

So, the race is on, bitches!!

McCain picks Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin as his running mate.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/08/29/palin.republican.vp.candidate/index.html"

some excerpts from the article:

--Palin is the youngest person ever elected governor of Alaska and the first woman to hold the job.
--She was elected mayor of Wasilla at 32, defeating a three-term incumbent. Wasilla had a population of 5,469 in 2000, according to the city's Web site.
--Palin has focused on energy and natural resources policy during her short stint in office, and she is known for her support of drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, a position McCain opposes but many grass-roots Republicans support.
--She will be the first woman to be nominated for vice president as a Republican and only the second to run for vice president on a major party ticket, after Democrat Geraldine Ferraro in 1984.

I dont know about you guys, but I think McCain just lost the Game. Bringing a person with LESS experience in the political stage than Obama to the no2 spot is just to risky, specially when the Nominee is 72 years old. What if something happen to McCain and Palin needed to take charge? She doesn't have the experience nor the political heavyweight to hunt down terrorists or to have a sitdown with "The Bear"...

I can't wait for the debates. Biden will have her ass in a plate for breakfast in one minute.

Nonetheless, Sarah Palin is a hawt MILF, IMHO.

come on, google it. you'll shit bricks.

McCain picked her for two reasons.

First, she will take the undecided Hillary supporters, steel union, and teacher's union workers. 40% of Hillary's voters are undecided, and not too fond of Obama. So she delivers Ohio and Pennsylvania, two of three (Florida) of the big swing states.

Secondly, she energizes conservatives. Moderate republicans love McCain. Right wing conservatives not so much. Now they have someone to latch on to.

Youtube her Alaskan Gubernatorial debates......

Biden is fucked.

Not to mention she is by far, the hottest VP candidate ever...

To me, it really comes down to this...McCain selected Palin to fill some gaps in his resume, to provide him with appeal to women voters, and to the conservative base that has been critical of him at times. Palin was nominated to help McCain with his voter base.

Joe Biden, on the other hand, was selected to fill different gaps on Obama's resume...namely, to cover up the fact Obama has no experience at all. Personally, I am much more comfortable with a VP that is there to add votes, than I am a VP that is there to teach the President how to do his job. The VP should not be substantially more qualified to be President than the actual President is, and if Obama gets elected, that is what we will have. What is a more glaring fault, needing a VP to win votes, or needing a VP to give you on the job training?

As an undecided voter at this point, all I have to say, What the fuck is John McCain thinking? Seriously, his one big argument that he has been pounding this entire time is experience, experience, experience. So what does he do, instead of making his ticket solid as can be with either Romney, Huckabee or any other heavy hitter from a swing state, he damages the very foundation of his platform by putting on a 44 year old mother of five with no experience whatsoever on National politics.

She was the mayor of a town with 9000 and a governor of a state with less then a million people in it. Most of the major city mayors in this country have handled more dealings and have had to deal with issues that have dealt with more people then Palin has.

What the fuck is McCain thinking. This my friends, is politics at it's worst. It reeks of desperation. Say what you will about Obama and his speeches, the fact of the matter is, as far as speeches go, Obama hit a homerun Thursday night, and this was a reaction out of fear in my opinion. Does McCain really think that women are going to vote for him because he has an unexperienced woman on his ticket? That's insulting to any intelligent female voter out there.

And no, I don't care about some debate she had in Alaska. She was a big fish in a small pond, and the national media and Joe Biden are going to cook that fish the first chance they get. Biden must seriously be licking his chops for the VP Debate.

I would much rather have a VP with a ton of experience helping out my President along the way. John McCain is in his 70's, and has had 3 bouts of cancer, and now he's put a 44 year old with zero experience second in line for the job. This is clearly going to come down to age with me. Call me shallow, call me what you will, but I don't trust a 72 year old man taking on the hardest job in the world, and I damn sure don't trust a 44 year old unexperienced person to run my country if something happens to McCain.

But you do trust an inexperienced 47 year old to be given the keys to the country right away? That logic simply doesn't make sense. You dismiss Palin as a potential VP because of her age and lack of real experience, but, then don't dismiss Obama as a potential President because of his age and lack of real experience? If the age difference between 44 and 47 is key for this line of thinking, then all you have to do is hope McCain lives for 3 more years, so Palin would be 47, the same age as Obama is now...by that time, she will have had 3 years as Vice President to learn the ropes. At least Palin has some executive experience, Obama has none. McCain and Biden have been in Congress since 1981 and 1973, respectively, while Obama has been there all of 4 years, and has spent the last two of those years campaigning, rather than doing his job. Sorry, if Palin's inexperience is troublesome, then Obama's should be even more so. She is only running for VP, as backup, he is running for President. The POTUS should not have to depend on his veep to tell him how to do his job. If Obama needs Biden to teach him the job, the Democrats would be better served to have Biden run for President.

Wow I've avoided this, it is funny..

Mccain attacked Obamas wife for her statements but you don't see where he said "I didn't love America" that is much worse then not proud.(just check the internet the video is out there..

I voted for Bush in 2000 but was supporting Mccain and was upset with the lies Bush/Rove spread about him having a black baby. This is far from the 2000 Mccain and he even has Karl Rove working for him and is running some of the worst ads I have ever seen.

Mccain is part of the reason our economy has went to hell (his advisor Phil Gramm was a key part of it). Now he's all of a sudden a reformer who wants oversight? He wants to do with the health care system what was done with the banking system and has said so many times. Health care is my main concern since I lost my job and got sick just trying to go to the ER without insurance is scary (and cost me 1,500 for 20 minutes)..

I don't agree with a lot of what Obama has to say but after 8 years of Bush it's time for a serious change. Even if Mccain is only 75% of Bush(the worst president in history) that's a chance I'm not willing to take (we already lost 2 towers, New Orleans, Wall Street and are stuck in a war we shouldn't be in)..

I was on the fence (I am an independant as I think people who are Rep. or Dem. and vote the party no matter what are idiots when you should vote the PERSON not the party) the final straw for me was Palin. She goes against everything he had said inc. experience and it was obvious he wanted Joe Lieberman but was pressured out of it. IF he had taken Joe I would have voted for him in a heartbeat but after he sold out it's hard to..

I hope people are making up their own minds and not letting left wing loons like Olberman, Mathews or right wing Nuts like Hannity, O'reilly, Greta Van sustern make their decisions for them..

Obama's wife has interjected herself into the campaign, so she deserves it. This is the first time she's been proud to be an American? She is Harvard educated. Maybe she should go try to go to Iran's best university and then speak about how broken that country is. She'd be pretty proud to have been an American then.

Typical conservative bullshit. LOVE YOUR COUNTRY OR DIE! You say maybe she'd go to Iran and then she'd realize how proud she is to be an American. Did she or did she not JUST say she was proud to be an American?

Cindy McCain has taken the traditional role of a demure first lady, standing by her man. Michelle Obama seems like a Hillary clone, a power hungry pitbull who will undermine her husband. You're probably ROFL because you and Obama are smoking some dope together.

Wow, so let me get this straight, Cindy McCain is a better candidate for first lady because she's completely controlled by her husband and has no mind of her own? Is that what you're saying here? Are you kidding me? This isn't the 50s anymore buddy, women are allowed to speak for themselves.

let's talk about Obama's voting record. He didn't vote against the Iraq war, BECAUSE HE WASN'T IN THE SENATE YET.

I never claimed he did vote against the Iraq War, so what's your point?

He has voted against funding for armor on troop vehicles.

How cliche of you to take that out of context. Obama voted against funding the WAR. He didn't come out and say publicly "NO WAY ARE THOSE GUYS GETTING ARMOR! I HATE AMERICA!" as you and your fellow clones like to believe. He made the right choice voting against funding the war. He wasn't the one who put those soldiers in danger and in need of armor in the first place, now was he?

He claims he's ready to be commander in chief on day one, yet he votes against protecting the troops? The only piece of legislation with his name on it is a non-binding resolution to not let terrorists have nukes. I guess I'm ready to be president because I support not cloning Hitler. Obama is a joke and his supporters are mindless sheep.

Again, you're ridiculious attempts to smear the man are laughable. I already explained the swiss cheese holes in your claim that he voted against protecting the troops (have you ever heard the term "pork barrel legislation" before?).

If you say anyone could be better than Bush, then you never heard of Jimmy Carter. Carter, by the way, is the democrat most compared to Obama.

Are you really going to say that Jimmy Carter was worse then Bush? Have you been huffing aerosol cans? How many terrorist attacks on US soil were there during Carters administration? How many monumental failures in the case of a national emergency (Katrina) did Carter have? How many wars did Carter start? Do I honestly need to continue here? Jimmy Carter was no Roosevelt but he was certainly better then Bush. Nixon was better then Bush for christ's sake.

Bush has brought problems to this country. Problems like the highest ever point in the Dow Jones industrial average, and 17 million new home owners.

Is this a joke? Did you really just serve that softball up to me? You want me to win this debate, don't you? Hey when you get the chance, go ask the Lehman Brothers how awesome of a job Bush has done for our economy.

He ended the tyranical reign of Saddam Hussein.

Which was in no way shape or form his responsibility, nor was it a pressing matter. If Bush is so against tyrants, explain why his family is best buds with the Royal Family of Saudi Arabia, the largest violator of human rights on the freakin' Planet? You'd think someone so against tyranny wouldn't blindly support a government that still has PUBLIC BEHEADINGS. Care to explain that?

If you haven't noticed, Iraq's government has settled oil revenues, as well as 16 of the 18 benchmarks set forth for us to leave. It took the US longer to settle on a constitution then it did Iraq. Bush's apprval rating is so low because he beat Hollywood's friends and NBC suckling teat providers.

Yes, because 70+ % of this country's population consists of "Hollywood's friends and NBC suckiling teat providers" right? Are you joking me? Bush is the most hated man in America, and not just by Hollywood, but by a majority of this ENTIRE COUNTRY. An overwhelming majority.

The media hates Bush because he doesn't care about their opinion, about anyone's opinion. He was thrust into a difficult situation, and no one would have handled it better.

Yes, because clearly the surefire sign of a good leader is someone who listens to absolutely no one and does whatever he wants. That description would fit perfectly for Saddam Hussein as well, you do realize that?

The Iraq war isn't the disaster you claim it to be, the Democratic Party is the true disaster.

Where the fuck did I ever claim that the Iraq War was a giant disaster? I didn't. You just immediately assume that because I prefer Obama to McCain and think Bush is an idiot that I MUST be your typical liberal Democratic Party member right? Wrong. Though I usually vote independent, I registered as a Republican this year in order to vote for the candidate who I believed was the best for this country, a man who is the true definition of a conservative (Ron Paul). So sorry, your mud-slinging at the Democratic party means jack shit to me because the Democrats are no better then the Republicans in my book. Their both a pack of liars who care about nothing except for votes.

In two years with control of the congress, they have passed 37 non-binding resolutions and the BUSH economic stimulus package which delivered a 3% boost to the GDP (and it was only assumed it would add 2%) and a BUSH energy bill. Before you attack Bush, look at the approval rating of the Democratically controlled congress. That, sir, is the disaster. The fact that you want to elect the poster child of the worst congress ever is appalling, and you are a mindless sheep. He's a rockstar and you are nothing more than a groupie.

Oh so now we're slinging insults? Listen asshole, I've forgotten more about politics then you could wish to learn. The only reason I'm defending Obama is because he is CLEARLY the better choice then McCain. Does that mean I think Obama will be a great president? No, infact I think he'll be mediocre. But John McCain would be worse. I'm supporting the lesser of two evils. So yeah, thanks for calling me a groupie, but I'm not the one who's getting fucked in the backdoor like this country has been by the Republican party over the last decade.

Me full of nothing but talking points? I'd attack Obama on policy, but he has none. I HOPE he knows what he's going to CHANGE, because he hasn't told anyone. And pulling everyone out of Iraq immediately is giving the keys to the candy store to Iran. They're the one's we're fighting there anyway, and our leaving would give them more oil and more money to use to attack us and destroy Israel. That's what I'm talking about. Don't tell me you're another Keith Olberman clone who says nothing but two witty criticism and nothing else for an hour every night. There is a reason O'Reilly triples him in the ratings every night. Olberman and his disciples are ******ed, uninformed sheep. Oh yeah, mindless too.

Wow. I'm not even going to respond to that, and you know why? Because anything I say could not embarass you more then what you've just said. I can't even imagine how badly the members of this board are laughing at you. Not only are you a prick, but you're the worst kind of prick: one who doesn't know anything about what he's talking about, but likes to pretend he does. Yes, O'Reilly surely is the model of well thought out political discussion, it's not like he just yells and screams and says "SHUT UP!" whenever he's losing an argument. Oh wait! He does exactly that! And your idea that us leaving Iraq would lead to Iran taking over Iraq and nuking Israel? So absurd I actually laughed when I read it. Have you any idea the military capabilities of the country of Israel? They aren't exactly a sitting duck, and Iran isn't stupid enough to start a war with them, despite you and jackasses like you claiming that Iran is sitting there with their finger on the nuke button 24 hours a day just waiting for their chance.

Who is the 23 year old male? I hope it's you and I hope the answer is yes. Every president of the last 40 years has made it past the age of 80. He has access to the best health care in the world. But if we're talking about snorting, let's look at Obama's college years. That drug addict is who I want as President.

You said I have more chance of dying in the next 5 years then McCain. I am a healthy 23 year old male. McCain is 71 years old. To even argue that I have a better chance of dying is fucking absurd, and you sound like a child whining in the candy aisle for sweets to even suggest it. Oh and thanks for the death threat, appreciate it.

And again, you are making this TOO DAMN EASY. Are you really going to criticize Obama because he used drugs a few times in college? Are you aware of the massive amount of cocaine and alcohol that Bush has consumed over his lifetime? Are you fuckin kidding me by bringing that up? And just because someone used drugs a few times 20 years ago, that doesn't make them a "drug addict". Again, you sound like a fucking moron to suggest that. But please, continue, it's hilarious how easy you're making this.

So what is the American dream? To steal from the rich and give the money to crackheads with nine kids? To pay for health care that will be abused?

What's the American Dream? Oh, I don't know, HAPPINESS? Wealth does not provide freedom or happiness. Those are the ideals of the American dream, not the fucking dollar sign as you suggest.

I am not by any means rich, but my money is fucking mine. I fucking earned it, and don't feel like giving to someone who chooses not to work.

That is by far the most selfish and ignorant thing I've ever read. An innocent man is walking down the street, gets shot from behind by a crackhead, and he needs 20 bucks to survive, and you'd tell that man "Sorry, but I earned this money. Go fuck yourself"? Yeah, that's how a good country works for sure.

I worked in welfare office, and the people who came in asking for MY tax money were better dressed than I was. That is unacceptable. Opportunity exists for everyone. Some people might have more opportunity, but so what? All men are created equal, but after that, some are better than others.

Wow, so not only are you and idiotic mud-slinging fool, you're also a racist! Sweet! The list continues!

The better ones do something with their opportunity, while the weak sit back and watch their chance pass them by. Am I supposed to pay for that? Am I supposed to pay for the asshole who CHOSE to go smoke weed instead of go to class? Am I supposed to pay for the **** who CHOSE to get knocked up at 16 instead of trying to get into college? My answer is no, and if your's isn't, then you are a mindless sheep.

I guaran-fucking-tee you that if that "16 year old ****" was YOUR DAUGHTER, then you'd sure want some handouts then wouldn't you? Christ, you're not even worth me replying to anymore of your comments, because you've already proven yourself to be a miserable fucking excuse for a human being, not to mention a complete and utter fucking moron. So feel free to respond to this, but I won't be spending as much time replying to it, because I already know what your response will be. "Your a liberal, you suck, you hate America, blah-fucking-blah-fucking-blah."

Don't you ever get tired of being shit on the heel of America?

Ok, I'm going to make a few quick points because you are one sheep who is obviously not leaving the pen. I grant McCain has had a bad week, but I'm glad it's now instead of four or five weeks from now.

First, there are no candidates for first lady. My point is that the idea of Michelle Obama having the ear of the president is a scary thought. Read up on some of her public statements, especially from her time at Harvard. It is just one of many questionable associates in the Obama "family" such as William Ayers the terrorist, and the Resco slumlords.

Your assertions on Israel and Iran are laughable at best, and idiotic as fact. Once again, you can do your own research on Ahmedinejihad and Israel. If no one is stupid enough to attack Israel, then you explain pizza parlor and bus bombings. Iran with a nuke would step those up 10 fold.

I love how you said that I made your arguments easy, because there are none. First I made no death threat against you, it was a death wish. I'm not going to do it myself, but I won't be upset if it happens myself. You call me a prick as a substitute for fact and real arguments. You sound like Obama yourself. You use a lot of verbiage to say nothing and then respond by saying how dare you. Handing the country over to you and your ilk is a scary thought. People like you think the responsibility of America is to take from the rich and give to the poor. You think that a problem is everyone else's problem but your's. You fail to take responsibility for anything. Your sig illustrates who you are. Much like the punk music of the 80's you choose to blame everyone else for your problems.

As much as I'd like to hurl pointless insults at you in response to your profane pointless dissertation on what's wrong with me, I will bask in the satisfaction of knowing that you will never amount to anything. You will live in a shit apartment whining with your shit friends about your shit life. Please call me names, please tell me how dumb I am. It means a lot coming from someone who I imagine smoke ice and has a strung out girlfriend.

Remember, it was Churchill who said, "To be 20 and conservative shows that one does not have a heart, but to be 40 and liberals shows that one has no brain." I'd rather be heartless than, well, you.

So my official conclusion as being an independent voter trying to be swayed by these two men that are supposedly my best options to choose for the next President of the United States, we're all fucked.

Barack Obama, I loved him early on, but this guy is in no way, shape or form, ready to handle the responsibility of leader of my country. His platform is full of gaping holes, and he seems to be catering towards the young and ignorant for support. So what exactly is going to happen when you tax those that make more then 250,000 dollars a year? Oh I don't know, those people that run businesses are probably going to raise prices on goods they sell to make up for said tax increase? It's so monumentally stupid of an idea to raise taxes on the most heavily taxed group in this country. This ideology of spreading the wealth is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. So a business owner that works 60 hours a week needs to share his money with a crackhead parent of five that refuses to do anything to better themselves, right. Socialism, get used to it America, because this is Barack Obama's vision.

Now, John McCain, I love the man, but he's an idiot. A first year Polisci student could destroy any of Barack Obamas debates. Obama is smoke and mirrors, that's it. He has people eating out of his hands because he speaks elegantly, yes he has zero substance. McCain should be destroying Obama, yet he can't. He lacks those leadership qualities to attack someone and expose them for the fraud that they are. I need leadership skills, and McCain is proving to us time and time again as to why he wasn't selected for this job until he was in his 70's. Plus McCain has shown his incompetence by bringing on Sarah Palin. So if John McCain dies, I'm stuck with an even less experienced, Conservative facist that is stuck with a mindset from the turn of last century, right?

Seriously, out of 400 Million people, these are my two choices?

I've watched all the debated and read up on the policies and the truth is neither are going to succeed and both are set up for an epic fail. Which then puts America in the shitter.

McCain said it best when he said "Now is not the time to raise anybody's taxes" I fully agree with that, but the fact is he'll get in office and decide the only way to clear the debt is to raise everyone's taxes. Screwing the economy up more.

Obama will raise the taxes of the small and big big businesses. Who then increase the prices of their goods. Now nobody is buying anything, and with the unemployment rate what it is, nobody has any money to live. Screwing the economy up even more.

THe fact here is the two most unqualified people are running for president and the picked the next 2 unqualified people as running mates.

No matter what the next 4 years will not go down in history as the golden years after the tragedy that was the W. Era.

The next four years are going down as the years that China's economy became more important worldwide than America's.

McCain will drive us into debt.

Obama will drive us into debt and destroy small business. Seriously, when you raise taxes on all businesses what do they do? Raise prices and/or lay people off. Either way, we're screwed.

If they are both going to destroy us, I side with McCain because I think he has more clearly demonstrated strength of character, and in an election where policy is shit, that is a big deciding factor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back