Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cell fanatic

6/14/2006
More News From The ECW Show
News WWE— Brian Cantor @ 11:35 am
More ECW news

– Paul Heyman was said to be furious with how last night’s show turned out. While he did script the show, there was a great deal of Vince McMahon and Kevin Dunn influence on the project; they argued with Heyman on a number of proposed segments for the show.

– More science-fiction related characters and angles will be part of future broadcasts.

– Jack Victory was backstage at the taping.

I hope Paul was furious that show was by far the worst show in the entire history of ECW. It was pathetic. I love Tazz the wrestler but as an announcer he is to WWE for me. They need to let Joey Styles carry the product as bad as it is.

Original Plans For ECW Show Included Alien
News WWE— Brian Cantor @ 11:30 am
And details on a new character on the brand

Source: PWInsider.com

– The original script for last night’s ECW show featured The Sandman squashing an alien, but Sci-Fi network argued that it did not want an alien squashed on its network. WWE instead used “The Zombie” in the segment.

– Shelly Martinez will be playing some sort of tarot-card reading witch upon her ECW debut. Vignettes were filmed at last night’s taping.

Updated Inside Details On Who’s Running ECW
News WWE— Brian Cantor @ 12:49 pm
Inside ECW news

While Paul Heyman is still at the forefront of the new ECW, his influence has been lessened in recent weeks, reports the Wrestling-Observer.

Much of the WWE creative team has gotten involved with planning the brand’s launch, which has resulted in a minor loss of power for Heyman and a major loss of power for Tommy Dreamer.

There were also some disputes over how to book the ECW launch, specifically with regards to whether ECW should be allowed to dominate on the weekly RAW telecast.

A positive start for ECW

The debut edition of ECW on Sci-Fi posted a 2.8 rating with a 4 share. That number is well above expectations and resulted in a major sigh of relief at WWE Headquarters.

While that rating is certainly strong, it is important to note that the show’s performance cannot truly be evaluated until the WWE vs. ECW storyline comes to an end. For the time being, it is impossible to ignore the involvement of Cena and Edge as a ratings booster

I'd be mad too if I had a great product and someone else adds something stupid and irrelevent to it (WWE).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back