• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

*OFFICIAL* Edge injured and return thread

Would Edge make a good Raw GM?

• Yes. He's a great mic worker and would do the job well.

• No. He's a wrestler and should only wrestle. Not be a GM.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I remember reading a thread a while back that discussed a possible Orton/Dibiase fued to go into Wrestlemania 26. That being said, I was thinking Dibiase could win the rumble and it would really play out like Batista/HHH did back in '05. Concerning Edge, he is long overdue for a rumble win. It would be a good return for him (surprise #30 entry?), and he usually returns as a heel (at least it seems that way).

See isnt tha wha they said about cena last yr when he came back what 2 months early to win the rumble

First of all, check your English. Nothing demeans your side of an argument like poor spelling and grammar.

Secondly, Cena and Edge's injuries were completely different. Edge's injury is much more serious, a torn Achilles tendon has been known to end people's careers.

And you said they wanna use the rumble to build up careers...so wa they ignored using it for that in the last 3 or 4 yrs by havin batista taker cena and orthon winning....last i checked they didnt need any help with their careers

Bad spelling and poor reading-comprehension skills? You're on a roll ace!

What I actually said was that they should use the Rumble to build careers, not that they do. I think it's pretty obvious from my post that I don't agree with several of the last few Rumble winners, I specifically mentioned the case of Rey Mysterio's Rumble victory in fact.

If the WWE was smart, they'd pick someone like Morrison. Give an already well-established guy with big-time popularity with the fans a Rumble victory and a Wrestlemania shot at say, the World Heavyweight Championship, and you've got yourself an instant bonafide main eventer.

First of all there's the issue of Edge's injury. Odds are he won't be ready to even get back into the ring by the time the Rumble comes around, not unless he's got some kind of super-body that heals faster than your regular man. Can't have a guy on crutches/in a cast win the Rumble now can you?
I did say that it was hypothetical and only IF he does recover in time, but it's not out of the realms of possibility that he could return before the Royal Rumble, stranger things have happened.

Secondly, it would serve no purpose, and Vince knows this. What a monumental waste of a Royal Rumble it would be if Edge won, even more of a waste than Mysterio's Rumble victory. Edge has nothing to gain from a Rumble victory, he's already one of the most established main event stars the company has. The Rumble should be saved for building up new talent and giving them their big break, not for adding stats to the already impressive resume of Adam Copeland.

To be fair, not much that happens in the WWE serves a great purpose, and the WWE do love wasting a good rumble. But I agree the Rumble should be used to build up young talent, but that's not what the WWE do, recently, they love to try and shock us, especially with Edge (see Survivor Series, No Way Out, The Bash etc.) Also history shows WWE loves to give Edge everything, titles & tournament wins, all he's really missing is a rumble, so why not shock us and give him the missing piece, which is the rumble.

Anyway, I can appreciate that there are better choices and that the rumble should be for younger talent, but if Edge has recovered by RR, then I wouldn't be surprised to see him win it.

I already stated in my thread about booking Edges return, i would have him win the rumble and have jericho win the title on the same night.

This leadin to a jericho vs edge fued for WM26, with edge being the face.

I think its the best way WWE can approach things, pending on weather or not edge is fit to compete by then.

I don't know man. I think that the WWE do sometimes embellish how long someone is going to be out for so that they have a bigger pay off when they return. However, as x has said, a torn achilles tendon can end your career. I don't think they will be in any hurry to rush Edge back in to the ring after such a debilitating injury. Especially when he is one of the main guys in the company.

No, Edge will be back in his own time. I think he will be back for Wrestlemania. The Royal Rumble is six months away and I personally think it's a little soon. I also think that it will mean an awful lot more if Edge returns at Wrestlemaina. People will completely mark out if Edge turns up during the title match at Wrestlemania, well, at least I would. I think that Edge will come back from this injury and hopefully it won't haunt his career.

As for the Royal Rumble, I would like to see someone who is an up-n-comer win it. The last few Royal Rumbles have only been used to advance storylines, this years being the best illustration. I would like to see Morrison or Swagger, or maybe even MVP win it. It could do a whole lot more for the WWE to have someone like that win it, rather than someone who is already exhausted all the feuds that they have done. Jericho is another one I would like to see win it. Mainly because if Edge was to return at Wrestlemania during Jericho's match, I would completely mark out.

When i heard the return date the first thing i said is that its real close to WM which is normally in April. I dont see WWE bringing him or letting him come back early with that kind of injury. So my guess is WM next year during the Money In The Bank Match.

I will be at the Royal Rumble Next Year here in Atlanta and im hoping Edge can Return by then. If I hear his Music hit im definetly jumping out of my Seat if it happens. So here is hoping Edge will be back by then.

I will also be at the Royal Rumble next year in Atlanta and I do hope Edge comes back by then. I'm not a huge fan of Edge (the character) or I guess the way his championship reigns are always a fluke or short term but, I hope he comes back in true Edge fashion and wins the Royal Rumble and goes on to win the belt at Wrestlemania. I know many people will disagree with me but I would love to see Edge vs Punk at Wrestlemania 26 with Edge winning the belt clean and hopefully having a decent title reign for once.

I honestly hope he doesn't return at the Royal Rumble. A torn Achilles tendon is a very serious injury that can and has ended wrestler’s career. I prefer that he be out a long time so that he can fully heal his injury. If he comes back early like John Cena did then he will be risking re-injuring himself and that can possibly end his career. Edge is still young and he is still in prime, so it would definitely suck if he came back early and re-injured himself. I will definitely be happy when he returns but I don’t want him to return any time soon just because he thinks he is ready. For now I'm going to hope he has a good recovery and is able to heal any other nagging injuries he had so that he can come back full time and not have to take a break for a couple of months because of nagging injuries.

I like the Edge returning at the Royal Rumble thought, but I cannot see it happening. Edge will win one Rumble coming up though. I believe that if Kurt Angle doesn't resign with TNA in September and then if a million things fall into place, with WWE then he may return. For a return as big as Angle I would Hope Vince kept it a secret like the Cena entry at the 2008 Royal Rumble. I could see Kurt entering at number 1. I wouldn't like it much if he came in at 30, but they had to do that with Cena since he was injured. He would get a huge pop and start off against someone like HBK or Undertaker and win the whole thing and then go on to Mania for the WWE title. Thats my dream card for the royal rumble, and I cannot see Edge returning here. His injury is to severe.

i have never been an edge fan but just like any other wrestler i sure respect the guy for what he does. but you can never say never in the WWE. i am not saying he will be back in time for the RR or in time for WM but you can look at john cena. like him or hate him, he was supposed to be out till after WM24 but came back like 4 months earlier just to be at the grandest stage of them all. the RR would be a great return for edge but u can not say anything yet. we all just have to wait and see

I will also be at the Royal Rumble next year in Atlanta and I do hope Edge comes back by then. I'm not a huge fan of Edge (the character) or I guess the way his championship reigns are always a fluke or short term but, I hope he comes back in true Edge fashion and wins the Royal Rumble and goes on to win the belt at Wrestlemania. I know many people will disagree with me but I would love to see Edge vs Punk at Wrestlemania 26 with Edge winning the belt clean and hopefully having a decent title reign for once.

I agree im not the Biggest Fan of Edge's Current Character (Ultimate Oppurtunist) either but if he does Return I would like it. Where are you sitting for the Rumble? Im Upstairs.

I'm gonna be one of those people and say that I think the spotlight will pass onto other superstars in Edge's absence. I'll give him credit, he's earned his way to the top through very good stories and a lot of build up. But I think the WWE and it's fans are ready to see a new generation of champions. I personally think that the WWE should throw a swerve at the Royal Rumble this year. Sort of like when Big John Stud won. No One predicted that outcome.

If Edge returns,he would be a face.It would really help the brand with all the heels in Smackdown.Or he could return on the draft and help RAW and turn face.Whenever and how he returns,he will be a face.

Well at least when Edge gets back, he'll have a great feud with Y2J. I hope he'll come back before Wrestlemania, because I am for sure getting tickets and I would love to see an Edge/Y2J match at Wrestlemania. Plus he's coming back as a face, something that a lot of us have wanted to see for a long time.

We all assume that Edge will be back and ready to go with a long haitus and theropy in his future. Something were all missing here though is, Edge's career could very well be over.

If anyone has ever had even the slightest of tear in their muscles, they know that it is one of the most painful experiences to go through, and the pain will persist for dang near the rest of your life. Heres what you're missing when it comes to Edge. Hes torn his Achilles heel, it is incredibly painful, disruptive to your way of life, and can persist for years. Every time you move your ankle, the tendons move too- when you have tendonitis, moving hurts! Even the slightest weight on your ankle can be extremely painful.

ankle-pain.jpg

For anyone who doesn't know where/what the Achilles tendent is, its right on the heel, and a main muscle for your entire leg. Edge may never even step step foot in the ring again, let alone do something like this here.

[youtube]Py_0rAPtBFU[/youtube]

especially one like this.

[youtube]JTEFRe6RFQQ[/youtube]

With Edge more than likely in a hurry to get back in the ring by WrestleMania 26. I'd say hes going to get some re-injury factors, as when you re-heal a muscle too fast the chances of a re-injury are quite high. Obviously, it delays the healing process, but even worse, every re-injury and additional healing cycle means increased scar tissue build-up in the muscle and tendon. Scar tissue is hard, inflexible, decreases range of motion, and is tough to get rid of. Additionally, as more scar tissue builds up, the greater the chance that you will suffer from chronic pain later on.

While forever may be durastic on my part, I wouldn't expect the same Edge to come back by any means necassary. More like a high mid-card Edge, not the Main Eventor that got the number 2 spot in the 3rd Anual WrestleZone tournament.

It's certainly possible that Edge's injury is more serious than is often made out...I know that in other sporting fields, a torn achilles tendon often spells the end of a career. However, I imagine he will return but maybe he will not be able to compete to the same standard as before... but there are certain things they can do to protect him in the ring once he does return (such as having him work more tags, more rest holds, not taking as many high risks, less gimmick matches and so on). The truth is, even before Edge was injured with the tendon tear, I believe all the years of wear and tear were catching up with his body anyway....so if had he not injured his achilles, I think he would eventually have had to look at slowing down a bit anyway.

All in all, I can say that I do see Edge returning but you're right he may never reach the same physical standard as before...but that's okay, he can still do well and be a top player so long as he is booked correctly. I obviously don't know just how serious the injury is or the possibility of re-injury but maybe the WWE would consider reducing his schedule, for example, limiting Edge's house show appearances. Luckily for Edge, pro wrestling isn't a legitimate sport because otherwise his career could have actually been finished for good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back