[Official] Anonymous GM Discussion Thread

The Anonymous RAW GM Will Be Revealed?

• True

• False

• I Don't Even Care Anymore..

Results are only viewable after voting.
the new GM of raw is Teddy Long!! ha ha Drew

the big announcement: Sting finally comes to the WWE!!

ok so Sting aint coming but how good would that pop?

JBL as GM works 4 me, he's excellent on the mike, is a name and would make a nice heel GM.

Michael COle: If the new GM is Michael Cole, I will take back everything I have said positively about the WWE lately, and stop watching. I know, everybody says that at some point, but I hate Michael Cole more than any personality in all of wrestling, and that's saying something considering that Scott Hall is still alive. Not only would Raw be completely annoying, but it would make absolutely no sense.

Jim Ross: That's actually a very interesting, plausible idea. J.R. is working for the WWE currently, and is the one guy who could actually keep his mouth shut about the idea. I don't know how excited about the idea I am, but it's possible, and I now that I've heard it, I really wouldn't be surprised. The only thing is, JR is a face announcer, and is loved by everyone. He would never hire a team to take out the likes of John Cena and King. I can see him wanting Cole gone, but Raw is his baby, and he would never do anything to harm it.

Triple H: The Game is my favorite heel, and I would love to see him make his return in that capacity. Depending on how they organize it, the angle could actually make sense. Triple H could have problems with Cole, John Cena, Sheamus, Vince, and the general state of the WWE. I could see Triple H taking over Raw as a heel and in some way even tying Bret Hart into it.

The Rock: The idea is too good to be true, so I won't dwell on it for too long. But there's that little part inside of me that has hope. The Rock did say that he was working with Vince on a special project, and we can all hope this is it... If next week we're all settled in waiting to find out who the GM is, who's behind the NXT attacks, and what's going on with Raw...and suddenly... "IF YA SMEEEEEEELLL...." I will mark out SO much! Like I said, I can't dwell on the thought, but I can hope...

I really can't think of anybody else who it could be, which is probably a good thing. Either I'll be happy with the decision (unless it's Cole), or I'll be surprised, which could work out nicely.

As for the announcement, could it be that the Guest Host concept is coming to an end? In one week, the guest host concept will be one year old, and there are two guests left on the list in Rob Zombie and Florence Henderson. It's a possibility, and I would happy with the decision. Other than that, I really have no idea... It could be something minor, like a stipulation for the Money in the Bank PPV.

Here are my choices....im on a role lately so let me give this a shot...
Michael Cole, for reasons you mentioned and for the simple fact this would be a great way of bringing a new commentator in..or say a J.R. who i know cant stay away...

Abraham Washington, i mean come on this guy is awesome, hes good on the mic and generates a ton of heat, not to mention he is missing, and seeing as it is he doesnt wrestle, and the fact it was between him, Vicky, and Bret for gm anyway, proves my point all along about Bret getting fired by Vince and bringing in Washington. Oh and i wouldnt mind seeing him get shut up by The Rock if and when He guest hosts...

Dixie Carter...only reason is cause i know she will be bought out by Vince eventually anyway lol..

Jim Ross, ok we all know he has a role in WWE, but yet we also know he likes to be seen, this could just write him in for a bigger television role, without him actually needing to be there all the time...

yeah idk, but those are my choices...and yeah id like to see Danielson as gm...that would be great...have a little story line basically saying he got himself intentionally fired so that he could pursue Vince and WWE into making him gm...ok that wasnt very thought out and made no sense...but you get the point...lol

I know it doesn't have much of a possibility but I want it to be someone like ' THE ROCK' or 'STONE COLD'. The crowd would go nuts. As someone said earlier Michael Cole doesn't make sense, HHH should be back feuding Sheamus, it can't be HBK either, and JR is a poor choice for GM. So, who knows ?? So, I really hope it is THE ROCK

I can see it being JR for the sole purpose of JR being such a respected person as it relates to the Talent division you could have JR come out and cut a MONSTER heel or face promo and put these nXt guys over as HIS next rising stars of the WWE. From there JR could go one of 2 ways as the GM... He could become the most beloved GM in history (and since most of the WWE universe has a HUGE respect for JR I would personally LOVE this route) or he could become the most hated GM of all time. Screwing people over left and right. Either way JR for GM & exposed full leader of the nXt group!

Someone also threw in Joey Styles. I could see this happening too. Although it wouldn't be as loved as if JR popped in. Having Styles on TV would be great because Joey is one of those guys that can do EVERYTHING (ring announce, commentary, play-by-play & color).

HHH- Again another possibility because his shoulder is still supposedly injured. I could see both HHH & HBK coming together to do this. But then again Shawn has said he's loving life outside of wrestling so why come back if you are happy and financially set for the rest of your life.

Of course WWE could pull the traditional BORING swerve and have Vince simply say "IT WAS ME ALLLLL ALONG" and that "sometimes you have to take a beaten to fool everyone" blah blah. I sincerely hope its good ole JR though. That would be AWESOME.

As far as the announcement goes...MiTB all the nxt guys are in it along with Cena.

I know it doesn't have much of a possibility but I want it to be someone like ' THE ROCK' or 'STONE COLD'. The crowd would go nuts. As someone said earlier Michael Cole doesn't make sense, HHH should be back feuding Sheamus, it can't be HBK either, and JR is a poor choice for GM. So, who knows ?? So, I really hope it is THE ROCK

How the hell is JR a poor choice for GM!? He's been around for the better part of my life and I'm sure most of us grew up listening to JR pre WWE too. JR would be an outstanding choice for GM as he's loved and respected by all fans. JR got a STANDING OVATION in TEXAS for crying out loud. Do you know how difficult it is for an OU person to get a STANDING ovation in TEXAS!? JR is the man!

I am going with Hunter. It makes sense to bring him back like that while he is still filming his movie. Every week, little by little, then eventually he unveils himself and whoops Shaemus' ASS! As for the NXT/Nexus/Duechebags, I believe if in fact Hunter is the new GM of Raw that this all goes along with his heel turn. I am not a fan of the NWO wannabes at all but I guess I get it. I am just pissed because they do the same damn thing every damn week. You have someone hoisting a beaten man(in this weeks case a beaten old man) up on Barretts shoulders(what? is he too damn weak to do this himself...), then you get the most pathetic member in David "The idiot-list" Otunga throwing a beaten man into a clothesline by the Goonies Sloth look-a-like Skip Sheffield(dude, lay off the juice..what it do...BALCO), and then for the ultimate ending you get Mr. Personality himself Justin Gabriel getting told by the man with the awesome hair, Barrett, to go jump off the top rope and do his little flip onto the beaten man, after this is done, everytime, Gabriel holds his ribs(maybe after he gets a personality, he could stop doing this for a while so his ribs would heal). I'm not even gong to write about Slater, Young and Tarver because it would be 3-4 minutes of my life I could never get back, that is how worthless those three are. Now back to the GM thing. If in fact it is The King of Kings then hiring the season one NXT failures would be the 1st action into turning him heel. I would love to see HHH as a heel again. Then his first action after coming back to wrestle and as GM would be to practically hand himself the belt and hopefully XPAC comes back to WWE and those two and a few others could be the new DX and of course be heels like they were to begin with. I know, somewhat wishful thinking, but it could work and it sounds cool. As for the person that brought up Heyman, I would absolutely love that. That would be GREAT, even better than HHH as GM. I think I speak for the wrestling universe in that we would all love the return of Paul Heyman as GM of a WWE show. He could brainwash the NXT dudes and a few others like he always did with ECW dudes and it would just make for great wrestling entertainment and that is why we all watch the male soap opera is for great entertainment. So either HHH or Heyman, either way it would and could be a win-win.

for anyone who thinks it might be daniel that is completly dumb it would be cool but even if its a story line he is fired for a while how can be working for the company while he returned to the independents even they wouldnt let him work for wwe and them

i hope its jr but i bet whoever the host is, is the leader of the nxt i bet it will be a heel turn for tripple h since he is out filming a movie right now. micheal cole hell no he was commentating when vince got a phone call unless they recorded his voice and edited to fit the conversation i doubt its him but there is no way its daniel he is working for the independents even if his firing is a work for a story line they still fired him, he is currently working independent bookings i wish it could be him but there is now way i hope he does come back to the wwe. i mean even if he spit on cena and chocked a guy how many times a night do we see superstars choke other wrestlers id say about 10 times a night who ever heard of a 1 strike your out in wwe when they give 3 strikes to guys who do drugs

last response but the only person i would hate to see the new gm of raw more than micheal cole would be vickie guerreue or however you say the reason i hardly ever watch smackdown is cause you hear excuse me 100 times a show.

sorry that was the last response

please be anyone except micheal or vickie

Could be anybody honestly. I have a feeling it will be someone who is completely obvious or someone who would make an awful GM.

Personally I'm going to say someone who isn't even with the WWE anymore. Shane Mcmahon!....Ok ok, that is a just a pipe dream, but wow imagine that?

Realistically I'm thinking Triple H or Cole, but that would be way too obvious. JR has said it's not him and even it if was him it wouldn't be a surprise. I'm just hoping it will be someone who no one in the world is expecting.

Come on WWE, you can still surprise us and shock us. Please do it. :)

when i first seen this thread, i was excited. but by time i had finished reading most my wants had been used by other people. i would like to see an ex-wrestler come back, hbk and rock already said, what about Stone Cold Steve Austin aswell if its only gonna last a few month? if hes not upto much with films, and has the summer free, it could easily work, and who loves getting one over vince more than him??
Although JR now seems the obvious contender. Shane would be awesome too. if its hhh i mite cry with dissapointment

for anyone who thinks it might be daniel that is completly dumb it would be cool but even if its a story line he is fired for a while how can be working for the company while he returned to the independents even they wouldnt let him work for wwe and them

Actually WWE has, in the past, let wrestlers (that are popular in the indies) wrestle in the indies to avoid ring-rust.
Daniel Bryan being the surprise GM would totally throw everyone and Vince loves getting anything past the IWC/dirtsheets.
I feel that it is clear, though, that whoever the new GM is: clearly they are a heel. As for his "no compete clause" how hard is this to understand? If he's GM then he was never really fired (A) and (B) the no-compete clause only regards being on TV for OTHER wrestling companies; it's not like they have to wait 90 days to rehire him because they fired him.

Shawn Michaels while surprising is unlikely as he did just "retire" and he is reportedly pissed about the firing of Daniel Bryan, himself. Then again I don't remember anything big out of Michaels when they let go Lace Cade or Paul London; but this is the 2nd time WWE has wasted Bryan Danielson.

The Rock has 3 movies coming out over the next three years and 4 in development so I don't see him having enough time to be on RAW every week unless he did it "via satellite" as he has been now for years. It would be really awesome if it were the Rock and honestly he'd be my #1 pick (since Stone Cold has been back a few times already). I don't see it though since the GM is a heel and with Rock coming back after years I just don't see WWE using him as a heel.

J.R. I guarantee it isn't him, sorry. He's been clear that his "new role" is not taking him to t.v. tapings weekly and for all the love WWE fans have for him, I don't feel he would have what it takes to seem like an effective guy in control - then again with that said neither were Teddy Long/Theodore Long (face/heel), Tracy, Vickie Guerrero, etc. Heyman, Bischoff, these were effective general managers because you could actually believe they were in charge of things. Also J.R. wouldn't give a contract to the NXT rookies that attacked his friend Jerry "the King" Lawler...maybe Cole though lol.

Michael Cole as much as I have always hated him (I'm talking since the 90s) I do see this as a possibility. They have been teasing a full-blown heel turn for Cole for a while now and it would make sense putting him behind the NXT attacks and the "kicking out Daniel Bryan." I just don't see how it would work though announcing wise; when Mike Adamle became General Manager (still a better role for him than announcer; the man is a sports host, at best) he was no longer on the announce team. Same goes for Heyman even though technically he was "fired" when they brought back Jerry Lawler (after he was divorced by his career-albatross: see Miss Kitty.Who'd replace Cole on the RAW announce team? Grisham? That's even worse. That's like trading Michael Cole today for Michael Cole in 2001.

Triple H does fit the role. This would be an effective way to use an otherwise injured wrestler; same as they did with Kurt Angle in the past. He's a better heel than face anyway and you can tell he really enjoys being the bad guy.

Vince McMahon this would not surprise me, really. He's pulled this before, knowing that it just pisses the fans off more (i.e. when he was the "higher power" behind the Ministry of Darkness). "But he wasn't e-mailing Cole!" Well, it's just as likely as Cole, they were both out there; though he still fits better.

I think we are forgetting one person someone that said they have big thing planned in the summer with WWE what could be Greater then The Great One As Raw GM Im Talking The Most Electrifying Man in Sports Entertainment The Rock.

Is it a longshot maybe but then again maybe not as he did say there are plans with WWE in the summer and well its the summer.

Im gonna go with something off the cuff, batista (if the strike force deal isn't ink'd) think about it, bret got attacked by batista before wrestlemania. Then bret fires batista and he quits. Bret gets taken out by the nxt guys and fired. Vince knows and has worked with him before (like the phone call) and makes batista gm. Batista hires nxt for there services, it would also make him the leader of the nxtwo (again perfect) so there's my take plus he could make cena's life hell too. come to think of it nxt has been targeting cena for the most part batista's biggest enemy. So i think it all fits storyline wise and the fact that there 2 biggest targets were bret and cena makes it perfect

Two questions:
Who's the new GM?
and
What is the announcement?
Two answers:
Don't know; don't particularly care. At least not yet. At this stage of the game rather than play Sherlock Holmes I'm going to wait and see how the angle plays out for a few more weeks or so. I don't know if I like the whole AOL as GM thing. It was interesting this week purely for the novelty but I hope the pay off is good, and more importantly that it makes sense. A novel means of disseminating info from the shadows is one thing but it's another thing entirely to make it logical/entertaining/intriguing.
So far while I like the NeX(T)us thing I do feel they dropped the ball a little bit and turned something that had the potential to rewrite wrestling storyline convention into just another convoluted angle. Hopefully they're realize they should proceed slowly and let the thing build naturally rather than cash in early cause the pot is bigger/hotter than they anticipated. Less is more and too many cooks spoil the soup. Here's hoping they won't over produce the thing to high hell.

I got 9 words for ya... My name is Finlay, and I love to fight. What about Finlay? I haven't seen him on TV for awhile. He could be the GM or the leader of NXT. Most likely not, but my guess is as good as the next.

The two people that I legitimately thought it was during the show are as follows:

Triple H

I don’t know, this seems impossible given recent articles that have come to light but I wouldn’t be surprised if it did turn out to be Triple H. I raised the point in the Raw LD that it could be Triple H and I would be extremely excited if that was the case but now, I don’t realistically think it will be Triple H. I would love it to be but I don’t think it’s possible. Triple H is supposedly hurt and to bring him back without having any intention to put him in the ring against someone like Sheamus is just ludicrous. Also add that to the fact that Sheamus is the World Champion and that Triple H hasn’t been in the title picture for a good few months and I am almost certain that Vice wasn’t talking to him last night.

Stephanie McMahon

I would love to see Stephanie McMahon return to WWE Raw but I also heard Vince say that it was a “he”. However, I don’t think we should let this idea go just because of that. Stephanie can make a great heel character and I, for one, would love to see her back in the WWE. She really can generate some heat and I think that she would make a good job of getting this whole thing over.

As for who is the most likely candidate, I would say JR. He has all the time in the world to do it and I would love to see him coming back to be an on-screen personality. I’ve missed him since he was taken off TV due to his illness and I really do want him to come back. He would be most welcomed in the position and would really make some waves. Putting it all together, he is a very good candidate for the job.

As for the announcement that is to come, I literally have no idea what it will be. It wont be a reveal of who the GM is because there is probably lots more juice in this but I will imagine that it will be a title match of sorts. Hey, it might not even be anything important at all. I assume that Vince just said it to get a hook for next week’s show and that it might not be anything too spectacular.

Who is the new GM?

Theres definitley quite a few options here.

The obvious people that i picked up on through this thread is: Rock, JR, Mike Cole, Bret, McMahons and Bryan Danielson.

For me I think it will be JR. Think about it, with everything is going on, michael cole getting a emerging role on Raw/NXT, the Bryan Danielson storyline involving him being better than Cole.
But of course with the WWE things change in a second, I reckon they have already had quite a few GM's in place so far before changing them, so it is really anyones guess.

What is the Announcement

I'm looking forward to his more than finding out who the GM is, but I got a feeling I won't be impressed. I imagine it will be about MITB - some sort of match between Cena/Sheamus/Barret maybe?
But being optimistic, I'm hoping that it will involve Daniel Bryan, but I'm sure thats just wishful thinking.

Or who knows? with all this talk about the Rock, the announcement could be that he is going to guest host Raw soon??

I'm going out on a limb, but what about Dwayne Johnson? He said before that he'd be working with/for the WWE during the summer, but not as a wrestler, but that he'd still get screen time. Combine all the shitty disney movies he's done and his amazing runs in the Attitude era and you've got somebody who literally appeals to every-fucking-body. It'd be awesome.

Well, a man can dream, but Vince gave the reason that he wanted to remain anonymous due to the NXT attacks. This would clearly make him look weak and hurt his credibility.

But the new GM has stumped me. I still harbour hopes of a William Regal return to the role, and with the NXT 7 going after both faces and heels, well, let's see.

One thing I noticed, and i'm quite surprised that none of you picked up on it, is that at the end of the phonecall vince said "have fun out there tonight". To me this implies it was someone on the show, which means it's either Cole ("have fun being GM") or Wade Barrett ("have fun ruining the title match").

Another very remote possibility is Daniel Bryan. Perhaps it was an in joke. Perhaps vince said "have fun out there tonight" the night Bryan choked out Justin Roberts and this was an in joke reference to that? I highly doubt it but probable.

As for the announcement. I reckon that it was maybe going to be announced who the NXT leader is but they didn't want it revealed yet so they put the beat down on vince

to be honest, I can't see it being Michael Cole because as BigGintheCG16 said, he was at ringside commentating as when Vince got the call from the new GM.

It's not Daniel Bryan, let it go. If he comes back at all, it wont be till after his 90 no compete claus is over.

I highly doubt it's Triple H, I just don't see it.

Jim Ross, I've read his blogs, I don't think it's him.

Wade Barret? you havin' a laugh!

other possibilities:

Vickie Guerrero, got her storyline with dolph Ziggler over on smackdown, I don't think she'll be GM of RAW for a while yet.

Stefanie McMahon, wouldn't surprise me if she wasn't up the duff with another mini HHH

Shane McMahon, he doesn't work for WWE anymore

Abraham Washington, oh god I hope not

I think it's safe to say I have not Idea who the hell it's going to be... and I like it that way.

Although i dont believe it will be danielson there is no reason it couldnt be. Of course they can bring him back before the 90 days no compete claus is over the wwe are hardly going to sue themselves for breeching their own contract, besides that why would the wwe give him a contract that allows him to appear on indy shows before the 90 day period is over but not on their own show? Its rediculous to suggest the no compete claus will prevent him from appearing. What will prevent it is that mcmahon is keen to keep whoever complained in the first place about danielson quiet, he wont want to bring him back untill the situation with whoever it was has blown over.

As for who i think is GM ive got to think cole, cole is so easy to hate, just the site of him makes me angry, which would be perfect if you want a heel gm and i assume this gm is going to be behind the nxt invasion to, so if the wwe want us to hate this faction he is the perfect choice
and we dont know that cole wasnt on the phone to mcmahon, there was no camera on him during that segment
and whoever said it would be to annoying to have him in such a prominant position is wrong, He is at the moment in the most prominant position on raw, he and lawler are the only ones who are there throughout the whole show. It would be nice not to have to be annoyed by him throughout the entire length of the broadcast and very nice to have wwe want me to hate someone who is actually very hatable because at the moment im supposed to actually like the guys that are most hatable, such as cole

Jim Ross would be good, but no one is going to boo him, no one is likely to disagree with his complaints it would make alot of fans sympathise with the nxt side and support them over the wwe side rather like what happened with the nwo. I doubt thats what they want.

Triple H is a strong possibility it could be done in a way that resembles Hulk Hogan turning on wcw in the 90's
and the trouble with sheamus has nothing to do with it. it wouldnt be the first time an angle or history between wrestlers has been forgotten or thrown on the back burner when something more pressing comes up

but at the moment id say cole is the most likely

I don't know why you guys think HBK would come out of retirement just 2 months into his retirement.

It's not happening.

Odds are, it's one of the old timers on Raw that isn't getting much time to speak of or an older wrestler who wants to stay with the company.

Who makes sense:
Ventura
Million Dollar Man
William Regal
Finlay

It could be HHH if he's ready for a heel push...But I can't picture him being the guy with the significance of his injury unless he's set to take 0 bumps at all, like Bret did with his time back in WWE.

Its obvious they didn't pick anyone yet and their holding out until they find one. Its pretty good because having an anonymous GM will make the interest of who it actually is go up. And then when its revealed to be JR we can all lol together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back