• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NXT season 6?

ctln4rko

Pre-Show Stalwart
So I was watching last night NXT's this morning via Youtube. In the opening video, Matt Striker said-
something like this " Which ever one of you wins NXT will go to season 6 and choose your own pro. So the winner will be on NXT.... for the third time. Does anyone know if the other rookies will be new?

Yeah, the other rookies will be new. So far all I know is that Seth Rollins (TYLER BLACK!!!) is planned to be on the show. I kinda wish they'd throw Trent Barreta in there, too... just to give the kid a chance...

I like what they did to NXT 5, adding Derrick Batemen in there. I hope he wins, because if the other two guys win they'll definitely turn into the jobbers of Season 6 and get eliminated early...

Yeah, the other rookies will be new. So far all I know is that Seth Rollins (TYLER BLACK!!!) is planned to be on the show. I kinda wish they'd throw Trent Barreta in there, too... just to give the kid a chance...

Why would they throw Barreta in there again? He's already a full fledged member of the WWE roster, hes been appearing well before NXT ever began, having him as a Rookie would nullify the whole concept.

There has to be another season. If you'd stop making threads for a moment and read responses in the other threads you begin you would see I answered that. They have a contract with Sky Sports and an obligation to produce "x" amount of series.

There has been nobody confirmed yet, although I imagine the likes of Black, Mike Dalton, Richie Steamboat, Alex Koslov and others are being considered for the show. Rumors were legends/Hall of Famers would be the Pro's.

Why would they throw Barreta in there again? He's already a full fledged member of the WWE roster, hes been appearing well before NXT ever began, having him as a Rookie would nullify the whole concept.

Why shouldn't they? Darren Young was a rebel on Raw as part of the original Nexus and ran a rampage with them until he got a contract, and even main evented SummerSlam. He was in the year's biggest angle, and by being the first one kicked from the group he was the one who caused eyebrows to raise when people realized just how serious the Nexus was. Yet, somehow, he was on NXT redemption. If he can do all that and still be forced to wrestle on NXT, then someone like Trent who only competes sparingly on Superstars and rarely gets to job on Smackdown will have no problem getting pushed down there.

I just hope they leave it a good few months before starting a new season. It is getting ridiculous how fast these things are coming round, people are getting bored of them.

Leave it 3 or 4 months and then come back with a fresh style NXT with Tyler Black, Richie The Dragon and HOF's as the pro's. People wanna see these guys so I think this season of NXT should be better than most, but I dont wanna see it 2 weeks after the last season finish. They are overdoing it, familiarity breeds contempt and I for one am already bored as fuck of NXT

I don't like the idea of putting them back on NXT again. We need fresh faces it kind of makes this season irrelevant for the winner because they have to compete again. Very dumb move in my opinion. I think SEason 6 should be all fresh faces. Seth Rollins, Bo Rotundo, Richie Steamboat, Xavier Woods, Tito Colon, Maybe even Ricardo Rodriguez.

By the way has Vaders son debuted in FCW yet?

I just hope they leave it a good few months before starting a new season. It is getting ridiculous how fast these things are coming round, people are getting bored of them.

Leave it 3 or 4 months and then come back with a fresh style NXT with Tyler Black, Richie The Dragon and HOF's as the pro's. People wanna see these guys so I think this season of NXT should be better than most, but I dont wanna see it 2 weeks after the last season finish. They are overdoing it, familiarity breeds contempt and I for one am already bored as fuck of NXT

They probably won't go off the air for any amount of time. you won't see Season 6 2 weeks after the end of Season 5 because season 6 will start the week after Season 5 ends... You would think that someone as bored of it as you would know that's how they do it by now.

Besides, you honestly shouldn't have been watching NXT for the past few seasons... After Season 2 it was all horrible. I stopped watching halfway through Season 3, so when Season 6 starts I certainly won't be bored of it.

Worse comes to worse, if you're so bored of it, you can just do what most people are and not watch it...

I think it obvious that Bateman wins.
(which is not fair to Titus & Darren who have been there the whole time)

He will pick Daniel Bryan to be his pro AGAIN!!! Im sure the WWE will make these guys a top tag team.They will probably call them selves the DB EXPRESSS since they have the same initials.

However i would like to see Darren Young win, then choose John CeNa as his pro.Then Young should start doing CeNa's gimmick. Becoming the Black CeNa if u will. NXT writers love comedy. And that is comedy gold.

but if Titus wins.....
I would like to see him pick Zack Ryder as a pro. Just so Zack can get more time to impress the live crowds so he can get over.I wouldn't mind seeing Young with Ryder either....'

---just MY opinion---

I think it is blatent Bateman wins. At least you could believe he has a chance to go deep into the competition. I do think they should have just brought Bateman up to the main roster though and let Darren Young win NXT and pick Wade Barrett as his pro. However this goes down it is going to come off as lame and unrealistic, I mean come on if I got "my choice" of pro I would pick Taker or Triple H and you know whoever the winner picks will be nothing more than a mid- carder no way Cena, Orton, Taker, Triple H or any of the bigger names does NXT ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back