NXT Rival |LD| KILL ZAYN KILL

I thought this was a really good show, but "fantastic", "amazing", "like WrestleMania" are all crazy exaggerations. It was probably the weakest Takeover yet for one, and I say this really wanting Steen/Zayn to literally tear the house down (cause God only knows I love telling all you fuckers about how I always knew they were great), but come on, get real.

It was a really good show, but Breeze/Itami wasn't very good, Corbin/Bull pretty much sucked, the tag title match was just there, the rest was very good. Fantastic? Phenomenal? Amazing? No.

Two minutes after I post this, and Kayfabe News posts this...

http://www.kayfabenews.com/fan-insists-every-match-nxt-takeover-match-night/

A show in front of a few hundred people is never going to be "like WrestleMania" in as much as WrestleMania is a gigantic extravaganza held in huge fucking stadiums with fireworks and Lillian Garcia singing the national anthem - and NXT's obviously never going to do something like that.

The bigger issue is the implication that WrestleMania isn't routinely a bit of a letdown. Maybe people have forgotten because of how good the latest one was.

The criticism of Itami is laughable only because he's obviously being pigeonholed. He can do more than kick but for some reason he's just not. I'm honestly shocked he still has the support of the people despite all of this.

A show in front of a few hundred people is never going to be "like WrestleMania" in as much as WrestleMania is a gigantic extravaganza held in huge fucking stadiums with fireworks and Lillian Garcia singing the national anthem - and NXT's obviously never going to do something like that.

The bigger issue is the implication that WrestleMania isn't routinely a bit of a letdown. Maybe people have forgotten because of how good the latest one was.

See none of that is what I'm referring to, it's what WrestleMania represents. WrestleMania is supposed to be the biggest and best show of the year, the "grandaddy of them all". Last night's Takeover was again, pretty good, but also the worst of the lot. NXT has entered a realm now where even if it does wrong, it does right and that's not good for NXT itself.

See none of that is what I'm referring to, it's what WrestleMania represents. WrestleMania is supposed to be the biggest and best show of the year, the "grandaddy of them all". Last night's Takeover was again, pretty good, but also the worst of the lot. NXT has entered a realm now where even if it does wrong, it does right and that's not good for NXT itself.

KB gave the Corbin/Bull and tag team matches each a C grade. Definitely speaks to what you're saying. Sorry but that Corbin/Bull match was garbage and the tag match was weak.

KB gave the Corbin/Bull and tag team matches each a C grade. Definitely speaks to what you're saying. Sorry but that Corbin/Bull match was garbage and the tag match was weak.

I got a C in geography in school, I still passed geography. Those fuckers didn't pass shit. Corbin's finisher is him hitting himself with the Rock Bottom, look.

tumblr_nbshbt7EbE1sbzhteo1_400.gif

And people want to complain about Jay Lethal's finisher, Christ.

The Cowboys had gotten close to winning time after time then pulled an upset over the Dragons to win the titles. Last night was the Dragons' rematch.

Explain Lucha Dragons vs. The Brokeback Cowboys.

Especially being such an ardent ROH fan, I cant see why you would be so hard on that match :lmao: that's actually exactly what it reminded me of while I watched it....Just four guys going out to do a move exhibition.

Wasn't a work of art, but it was passable, and fairly fun. C, C-.

I'd love to see those tracking shots from the back become a thing again. They're awesome.

This. So much this.

That dude who is always in the front row in the Kevin Owens shirt is a dick (screaming at the ref for 'blocking his view' etc...)

Agree with the sentiment that the show is being slightly overrated but it was an absolute cracker and I really, really enjoyed it, especially, obviously, the final three matches. I love angles in the end of matches that are logical and coherent and the finish to that show was that.

I'll try a write-up tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back