• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Numbers reviews TNA UK Tour @ Wembley Arena

a0161613

WZCW's Mr Excitement
The arena was nearly sold out so well over 10000 I think. Very few empty seats. The Challenge TV thing get plugged regularly and it was great to know that we are getting pay per views. Not happy that Impact will be on Tuesdays, not happy at all.

X Division title: Kazarian vs Sabin vs Moore
These guys were over enough. Bit gutted that there were no dives and it was a standard triple threat. Kaz wins by that reverse axe driver that he uses. Moore's head was not even close to the mat. Decent match to get going but not special
5/10

Mixed tag: Madison, Tara & Pope vs Angelina, Mickie James & Morgan
Huge pop for the faces & Tara and Madison looked incredible and we got a great view of Tara's ass. Pretty much comedy throughout, all of Pope's offense got him nowhere against Morgan and these guys were ideal in their role. 4 great Knockouts though and it was a laugh.
5/10

Jeff Jarrett vs Jonny Moss
Jarrett gives a masterclass of how to be a heel. All the classic tricks yet he still dominated the match which he won with a guitar shot. Moss got nothing with regards to offense and he didn't get a decent reaction.
8/10 for Jarrett's entertainment.

Beer Money vs Magnus and Mark Haskins
Super-over Beer Money wrestled like faces for the most part although Roode tried to be serious. James Storm is such a natural face and Roode is his opposite. It was Storm's antics at ringside that meant the Brits got booed more often - more on that in a second.
8/10 for Beer Money greatness only

BMI got their normal stuff in and won with the DWI. But Haskins did miss a great Shooting Star Press (although it wasn't as good as Airbourne) but otherwise these guys were unimpressive.

Some mic time would have helped all of the Brits because a lot of the more casual fans didnt know who Moss or Haskins and Magnus has been so absent recently, he may as well have been any random heel.

RVD vs Matt Hardy
Cold Blooded, huh. The only thing I can think of is that they want to turn Matt into this Viper/killer type. He moved very slowly and deliberately. They were both over but RVD got a huge pop and his entrance lasted ages.

RVD got the win with the 5 star after both guys got their normal stuff in. RVD looked great and did an awesome job with Hardy here. Matt doesnt look fat, just needs regular work.
7/10 for RVD-ness

Ric Flair vs Douglas Williams
This was advertised on the website which I only saw in the morning - they also had MCMG vs BMI so I reckon this had been on the cards for a while.

Once the entrances were out of the way (and Flair looked kind of impressed with his reception) Flair looked disinterested and is aware that he is clearly so limited at this point in his career that Doug couldnt do his normal stuff. He got the submission win after he missed a double knee drop and Flair capitalised.
5/10

Flair went straight to the back and I was disappointed with that. He should have taken the time to put Williams and the roster over.

Mr Anderson vs Jeff Hardy
This was a token title defense and a chance for them to work on the chemistry. Jeff's heel stuff kept the crowd even and it took a belt shot from Matt to really turn them against him. Anderson got the win with the Mic Check.
6/10

Anderson's incredible on the mic and so natural. His ring work impressed me too. I am certain he will draw fans to TNA.

The show really lacked the obvious star power and the matches were generally not special in the slightest.

It didnt compare well to last years show with the incredible double main event. Williams and BMI did what they could with their opponents who were not on their level and RVD & Anderson were truly highlights.

Overall: 6/10 - the worst show I've been to for matches but it had as much star power.

No, we never do the meet and greet and by the time we realised Dixie was doing pics and autographs, the queue was huge.

To her credit, she worked her ass off to get to as many fans as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back