• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NRL Begins this week.

Tha Wolfpac

Hey Yo...
After a horrifying lead up to the 2011 NRL season. It finally kicks off this Friday with the North Queensland Cowboys going up against The Brisbane Broncos. Not the only game with the Sydney Roosters taking on the South Sydney Rabbitohs. Both cracker games and a i can't wait for NRL season. As i am a heavy supporter for the Canterbury Bulldogs and would take a bullet for them.

So if you love NRL tell me your favourite team and why?

And give me a prediction as to who will win this years premiership?

2011 is the Year of Parramatta
Eels_mascot.jpg

No percific reason it just rubbed of my Dad and Grandfather i guess, there long time supporters

So your a Parra man, hmmm....

Parra signed a lot of oldies this season you reckon it will pay off, Maitua, Webb, Whatuira really what are they thinking. The Eels have so much potential to be a great team, but just never click into form at the right time. Bulldogs this year are rocking an awesome squad and really have potential to win the premiership and really dominate this year. Good to see some rugby league fans on this forum.

its in me blood

dont get me wrong bulldogs do have a great chance to win it this year
and iam hoping the signings will pay off (fingers crossed)
glad there is to

anyways Pumped for the new season

After a horrifying lead up to the 2011 NRL season. It finally kicks off this Friday with the North Queensland Cowboys going up against The Brisbane Broncos. Not the only game with the Sydney Roosters taking on the South Sydney Rabbitohs. Both cracker games and a i can't wait for NRL season. As i am a heavy supporter for the Canterbury Bulldogs and would take a bullet for them.

I was told a few days ago that the season was starting, and I usually know when the season kicks off. So the lead up has been very horrible, with the biggest news being Mr Marshall with an assault charge. Oh great, another talent, probably the best in the game getting into trouble. Still I'm looking forward to the start of the season on Friday, and the Roosters vs Rabbitohs is a must see game. Both teams have talent, with Rabbitohs having a great chance to take the title this year. If they're not hit by injury like last year. As for the Broncos vs Cowboys, not so much of a game I will want to see. Cowboys haven't done much since 2003-2004, and without Thurston, the team wouldn't have anything to watch.

So if you love NRL tell me your favourite team and why?

Favourite team, (ready for backlash) the Melbourne Storm and the West Tigers. With the Melbourne scandal last year, costing us the chance of another win. I still don't agree with decision, as the players had no idea, and the coach didn't even know. I think this year is a year when the team will have to step up. Showing we don't need G.I to run the ball. Even if he is one of the best players in the game. And the Tigers showed us the best games in possibly the history of the game. They had the best offense in the NRL last year and the game they put on with the Rooster in the finals was amazing. Both these teams should be favourites for the title this year.

And give me a prediction as to who will win this years premiership?

As I said before, the Tigers (if they have Marshall) should be the number two favourite under the defending Champions. The Tigers have been great with the offense and play to the ball goes out. The things they can do on the field with seconds left is mind blowing. I ask anyone to find me something that amazing in any sport.

Then you have the Dragons, with the unbreakable defence. They kick for two points early, and then they choke you out. Strong stuff last year, and since they won the Grand Final, I can't see anyone (except the Tigers and Melbourne) beating them in a major game this year.

Good point about the Dragons. Man their defence is a stone wall to say the least, they really looked strong in the world club challenge. I think Wayne Bennett's decision as to where he will coach next year could afffect how they play a bit but nonetheless they are still a huge threat.

Good point about the Dragons. Man their defence is a stone wall to say the least, they really looked strong in the world club challenge. I think Wayne Bennett's decision as to where he will coach next year could afffect how they play a bit but nonetheless they are still a huge threat.

I thought Wayne Bennett was leaving next year? Maybe I was wrong, but I was under the impression for somewhere, that this would be his last season. If you could correct me I would be very happy, as he is what I believe to be the best coach the game has ever seen. I'm a huge fan of his, and the guy can really make a team. His coaching style works, as seen by the dragons in the past two years. He is a very solid coach, who should stay around for a little longer.

But I'm very excited for tonight and tomorrow. With the footy show on tonight, it's going to be a very exciting weekend to say the least. Also does anyone know the draw for the first round, haven't had time to find out? As I would like to post my predictions up for the first round, to see if I can pick the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back