• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NRL 2007 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are my tips for the weekend. Let's hope that I can get a few more this week, but it could be a tough weekend with a few games here.

Dragons VS. Knights: DRAGONS

Penrith VS. Bulldogs: BULLDOGS

Tigers VS. Eagles: EAGLES

Canberra VS. Storm: STORM

Cowboys VS. Roosters: COWBOYS

South Sydney VS. Eels: SOUTHS

Warriors VS. Broncos: WARRIORS

Gold Coast VS. Sharks: GOLD COAST

Here is a list for everyone's tips to go on:

Downward Spiral - Dragons, Bulldogs, Eagles, Storm, Cowboys, Souths, Warriors, Gold Coast

Fazza - Knights, Bulldogs, Roosters, Storm, Eagles Eels, Broncos, Sharks(Away teams)

AussieHobo - Knights, Bulldogs , Roosters, Storm, Eagles (Away teams) Warriors, Rabbitohs, Titans.

Marcello - Knights, Bulldogs, Tigers, Roosters, Storm, Souths, Warriors, Titans

Link 73 - Knights, Bulldogs, Roosters, Storm, Eagles Eels, Broncos, Sharks(Away teams)

Thompson - Knights, Bulldogs, Roosters, Storm, Eagles Eels, Broncos, Sharks(Away teams)

Wet23q - Knights, Bulldogs, Roosters, Storm, Eagles Eels, Broncos, Sharks(Away teams)

Exiled - Dragons, Bulldogs, Eagles, Storm, Cowboys, South, Broncos, Sharks

Snyper - Knights, Bulldogs, Tigers, Storm, Cowboys, Rabbitohs, Broncos, Gold Coast

Rabbitohs have a great defence and ave excellent try scorers in Hegetty and Vagana, this should be a VERY intresting year for the SR.... Cowboys, what can I say, playe excellent.. Brisbane has no chance.

lmfao..... they could fight back mid seaon.. who knows but with Lockyer out for the next couple of seasons, that other dude.. the kicker out, it doesn't look good, we shall see how the new guys do.... imo never count them out.. look at the Dragons for god sakes lol.

Seasons no 4 - 6 weeks yes

and Corey Parker was the other goal kicker for us i think the next down line is Karmichael Hunt or Shaun Berrigan

Dragons VS. Knights: Dragons

Penrith VS. Bulldogs: Bullgogs

Tigers VS. Eagles: Eagles

Canberra VS. Storm: Storm

Cowboys VS. Roosters: Cowboys

South Sydney VS. Eels: South

Warriors VS. Broncos: Broncos

Gold Coast VS. Sharks: Sharks

Marcellos Tips:

knights, bulldogs, tigers, roosters, storm, souths, warriors, titans

Well a lot of people didn't put their tips in, so I am going to put up the rounds a few weeks in advance. Everyone who didn't submit their tips has gotten the away teams for the weekend, but if you want to tip the Saturday or Sunday games beforehand, I suppose we could do it for this week, but I hope you guys are still involved in the tipping comp.

Panthers def Bulldogs 40 - 10. WOO! Take that you stupid Bastards! I am a bit of a Panthers fan at heart and it is good to see the underdogs thrash the arrogant bastards for once. Very surprising to see the Panthers bounce back from their drubbing against the Sharks and it is just further misery for the Bulldogs, who look shaky to say the least. I guess CUA Stadium could be a fortress in 2007 if this is anything to go by.

Knights def Dragons 16-12. Another upset as the Dragons are beaten at home by the understrength Knights! This season should be a blockbuster if the games are as unpredictable as this. Who would have thought that without Johns, they would have beaten the Bulldogs AND the Dragons? Two sides (according to NSW media) that are destined for the Grand Final? Well that shoves their predictions where the sun doesn't shine, and the Knights come from behind again. The Dragons should fire up after this one, but the Knights have won 2 straight and the Dragons are 1-1 in two close games so they might not be as tough as first thought. Another exciting game and it shows great things for Friday Night Footy. I can't imagine what the Knights will be like when Joey returns, although it shows Gidley has really developed in the Halfback role and that is good signs for life after Joey. Let's see more of these games.

im was laughing my ass off when the bulldogs got hammered!!! take that u rappist. i cant stand the bulldogs and i hope they keep gettin hammered for the rest of the year and come dead last lmao!!!

YEAH BOY take that Exiled lol

Cowboys win 43-6 in a stunning victory. There was some push and shoving from thurston and shillington and company but the game went back on track and more from Danny Nutley and Luke O Donnell with Donnell getting cut above the eye and Nutley getting hit decent with a should that put him down but certainly not out

Cowboys shown that they could make a very formidable team for 2007 but now with Jason Smith out what can and will happen to the team coming first

Storm def Raiders 32 - 16. An interesting match here in Canberra, with the Raiders showing a huge improvement from last week. They seemed more composed but a lot of errors hurt their chances. The Storm didn't play great but they just grinded the Raiders out of the game in the end to run away with it. The Raiders were actually winning by 10 - 4 20 minutes into it, but they need to play consistent if they are going to take it to the top sides. They showed some grit and a lot of improvement though and that should make Neil Henry a little pleased after last weeks drubbing. The Raiders also have something to worry about with a flying elbow to Inglis something to be looked at on Tuesday, but all in all, it was a decent game and it was good to see a decent crowd at Canberra Stadium for it.

Manly def Tigers 19 - 8. Manly look to be one of the form teams of the comp so far and they look good. In wet conditions, they remained composed and while both teams had their fair share of errors, Manly seemed to be the better team on the night. Monaghan looked brilliant in place of Orford, and that shows good signs for the depth of their club. The Tigers aren't playing as bad as you would expect them to with a lot of the guys that took them places a few years ago are gone, but the likes of Farrah and Marshall are going to hold them steady. The Tigers did play awful in patches but that's to be expected in a rain fest like this game. They have a lot to improve on, but Manly can hold their heads high because they are undefeated after two games where they basically just ground the other teams out. Not a fantastic game by any means, but the crowd was there despite the conditions, and while they won't have left happy at all, at least they were there.

Cowboys def Roosters 43 -6. The scoreline does not reflect the true game in my opinion, because the Cowboys played some crap football in patches here. Everytime the Roosters went wide, the Cowboys defence weakened and that was a problem I saw in their game. But beside those lapses in the middle of the game, they played some outstanding, flashy and agile football and they are the real powerhouses in this competition so far. Gorden Tallis said during the game that usually, teams coming off a win against the Broncos, especially with a buildup as high as the Cowboys games, that it is difficult to come back next week and play to your best, and while I don't think the Cowboys played their best, they certainly showed no signs of complacency, and I hope that is a running trend this year, because that was the reason they had their huge slump last year. The Cowboys made a lot of errors close to the Roosters line and the scoreline could have blown out to anything if silly passes and plain fumbling of the ball didn't happen.

Credit must be given to the Roosters for hanging in there for most part, and not letting the game blow out after conceding a try in the first 90 seconds, and a lot of things didn't go their way, and I think those 50/50 decisions that went the Cowboys way were crucial in the end result. It is a worrying sign for the Roosters that they have only had 12 points to their names in 2 weeks, but they are going to keep trying things but PLEASE Chris Anderson, if you want your team to improve for God's sake get rid of the one marker tactic. They employed it in the first 20 minutes or so of the game and the Cowboys just opened them up too easily. For some reason, this tactic came in and out and it cost them for sure for the rest of the game. The Roosters have some worries with 3 players on report and someone is getting suspended.

There were a lot of high tackles from the Roosters and that will need to be altered because those penalties costed them. The Cowboys also have some worries with Jason Smith carried from the field with what was later called "A serious ankle sprain" so that's not good news for the Cowboys, but it will let someone break into the side from the Young Guns, so that will be a test for their depth. I think all the Cowboys played good football, and guys like O'Donnell, Webb and Tronc were the backbone of the Cowboys performance and they played really well. Thurston had another great game and his dummy was effective, and the Bowen cousins, Matty and Brenton, were lightning fast in scoring two tries each.

The Roosters, while they had another poor game, had something to be positive about, and that is that Minichello looks back to his best and proved a bit of trouble for the Cowboys, and even had a very controversial disallowed try that could have really gotten the Roosters rolling. And also the debut of Mitchell Pierce was interesting to see. The kid has great kicking ability but is still a bit green and made some errors in there. The chances and possession the Cowboys had really should have gotten them more points, but like I said, errors close to the line kept them from doing that. It wasn't flawless, but it was controlling and entertaining for most part, and while we didn't get to see a brawl, there were some definite grudges held by the players. O'Donnell and Nutley was interesting. First Nutley palmed O'Donnell in the eye when Luke was lying on the ground, and he had to be taken off, and then when O'Donnell came back, he was smashing anything in sight, and then Luke scored a try under the posts and shoved Nutley in the head for good measure.

An exciting game from the Cowboys, but they will need to remain consistent for the whole game if they are to stay up the top of the ladder. They face a tough test next week against the Dragons at WIN, and the Roosters can just hope to improve after playing awful again this week.

well i am a roosters fan and i was embarrassed last night of their performance. they played shocking football and they better improve otherwise this could be another long season to endure. yer they are improving a bit in patches and they are some things to smile about and look forward to but still they need to be worked on. but i got to say these nrl referees are pissing me off. that referee was horrible. and some of the video referees are even worse. that minichello try was a TRY!! if that was awarded i believed the game could of been different. but anyway its done now, and i just hope the roosters can bounce back and score some points and beat the good looking manly side who beat the tigers last night.

Go the Warriors hope they can keep the winning way 2day

Warriors def Broncos 24-14

Souths def Eels 33-6.

Some pretty boring games and I will post the tipping table soon. I got both of those games so I am happy, and Souths are really improving. The Warriors looked strong and the Broncos looked weak.

Go the Warriors, I couldn't watch it but it is always good to Hear that my Team winning over the Reigning Champs. Last year they would have made the playoffs if not for the -4 start off point. The one that I am surprised about is the Rabbitohs, they are two from two. Must be all those Kiwis that they signed during the offseason.

Titans def Sharks 18-16.

A very scrappy game but it is historic. I don't think the Titans deserved to win the game because the Sharks played the better football for most part of the game. In saying that, the Titans finished the game off more composed than the Sharks, who had all their chances to win but dropped ball off the scrum killed them. The Titans fans were wild and the end justifies the means here so all they care about is the final scoreline and so should they. A decent, exciting game which shows the Titans aren't to be underestimated this season. I think the Sharks will come back strongly, and Ricky won't be happy. I thought that Carney played very well for the Sharks and opened up a lot of holes in the defence. The Sharks kicking wasn't too great and that could have cost them in the end. Rogers had a quiet game and didn't do much but it is good to see him back in the game. Prince had a great game and troubled the defence with his agile running and dummy passing, so there were some good and some bad things to come out of it for both sides. I don't like Monday Night football, but the 17000 strong crowd proved it could be a success. The Titans will be wild tonight after their first win since their return, and all they will care about is the two points next to their name.

Round 2

Downward Spiral - 6/8
Fazza - 3/8
AussieHobo - 6/8
Marcello - 5/8
Link 73 - 3/8
Thompson - 3/8
Wet23q - 3/8
Exiled - 4/8
Snyper - 5/8

here are my tips 4 this week

broncos
bulldogs
cowboys
tigers
knights
roosters
sharks
warriors

Here are the games for Round 3 of the Telstra NRL premiership:

Broncos VS. Panthers, Suncorp Stadium
Eels VS. Tigers, Parramatta Stadium
Dragons VS. Cowboys, WIN Stadium
Sharks VS. Rabbitohs, Toyota Park
Storm VS. Warriors, Olympic Park
Bulldogs VS. Titans, Telstra Stadium
Roosters VS. Manly, Aussie Stadium
Canberra VS. Knights, Canberra Stadium

Here are my tips for the week:

Broncos VS. Panthers, BRONCOS
Eels VS. Tigers, EELS
Dragons VS. Cowboys, COWBOYS
Sharks VS. Rabbitohs, RABBITOHS
Storm VS. Warriors, STORM
Bulldogs VS. Titans, BULLDOGS
Roosters VS. Manly, MANLY
Canberra VS. Knights, KNIGHTS

1st Place:
Downward Spiral - 11/16

2nd Place
Marcello - 10/16
AussieHobo - 10/16

3rd Place:
Fazza - 8/16
Exiled - 8/16
Snyper - 8/16

4th Place:
Thompson - 6/16
Wet23q - 6/16

Last Place:
Link73 - 5/16

Here is the list for everyones tips to go on:

Downward Spiral - Broncos, Eels, Cowboys, Rabbitohs, Storm, Bulldogs, Manly, Knights

Marcello - Broncos, Tigers, Cowboys, Rabbitohs, Storm, Bulldogs, Roosters, Knights

AussieHobo - Broncos, Eels, Cowboys, Rabbitohs, Warriors, Titans, Manly, Knights.

Fazza - Broncos, Tigers, Cowboys, Sharks, Warriors, Bulldogs, Roosters, Knights

Exiled - Broncos, Eels, Cowboys, Rabbitohs, Storm, Titans, Manly, Knights

Snyper - Broncos, Tigers, Cowboys, Rabbitohs, Warriors, Titans, Manly, Newcastle

Thompson - Panthers, Tigers, Cowboys, Rabbitohs, Warriors, Titans, Manly, Newcastle (Away Teams)

Wet23q - Panthers, Tigers, Cowboys, Rabbitohs, Warriors, Titans, Manly, Newcastle (Away Teams)

Well atleast i know i am going to beat AussieHobo now.

My picks this week are:

Broncos - Now that they have Lockyer back will he be baying for blood.
Tigers - I think they will comfortably beat the Eels.
Cowboys - They are on fire jump on the bandwagon and pick them now while they are hot.
Rabbitohs - They win stomp on the Shjarks without a doubt, with a full strength team they will soon be considered the premiership favourites.
Warriors - If they can keep playing there style and not playing the other Melbournes way then they will make storm regret being born.
Titans - They are getting to be a good team that are staring to work together each game they play they will get better.
Manly - they will make the Roosters game miserable for the Roosters supporters Manly are my weekly team to score the highest this week. They will easily turn away a very unreliable team.
Newcastle - they wil beat but not badly Canberra are going pretty damn good for the team they have on paper week by week they might get there.

theres my picks and a simple analysis of what might and hope will happen.

Broncos VS. Panthers, Broncos
Eels VS. Tigers, Eels
Dragons VS. Cowboys, Cowboys
Sharks VS. Rabbitohs, Rabbitohs
Storm VS. Warriors, Storm
Bulldogs VS. Titans, Titans
Roosters VS. Manly, Manly
Canberra VS. Knights, Knights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online