• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NRL 2007 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Panthers vs Eels - Panthers
Titans vs Broncos - Titans
Dragons vs Storm - Storm
Bulldogs vs Sea Eagles - Sea Eagles
Warriors vs Cowboys - Cowboys
Rabbitohs vs Knights - Rabbitohs
Tigers vs Sharks - Sharks
Raiders vs Roosters -Raiders

Awful news about "joey" Johns, I managed to see him play for Warrington during his short spell over here (UK) he was outstanding

There had been some talk about him coming back to Warrington next season

Downward Spiral - Panthers, Broncos, Storm, Bulldogs, Warriors, Rabbitohs, Tigers, Raiders

AussieHobo - Eels ,Titans ,Storm, Sea Eagles, Cowboys, Rabbitohs, Tigers, Raiders

Exiled - Panthers, Titans, Storm, Sea Eagles, Cowboys, Rabbitohs, Sharks, Raiders

Marcello - Panthers, Broncos, Storm, Bulldogs, Cowboys, Knights, Tigers, Roosters

Snyper - Eels, Broncos, Storm, Manly, Cowboys, Knights, Sharks, Roosters (away teams)

Fazza - Eels, Broncos, Storm, Manly, Cowboys, Knights, Sharks, Roosters (away teams)

Thompson - Eels, Broncos, Storm, Manly, Cowboys, Knights, Sharks, Roosters (away teams)

Wet23q - Eels, Broncos, Storm, Manly, Cowboys, Knights, Sharks, Roosters (away teams)

Warriors def Cowboys 34-14.

What a disgraceful performance by the so called "premiership heavyweights." They continuously drop their god damn bundle and it's eventually going to catch up to them. Stupid penalties and awful last play options are killing the Cowboys, and the Warriors took full advantage. At least the Cowboys could have finished the game with a bit of dignity but they let in about 3 tries towards the end of the game and it was a disgrace. We've heard talk all week about their depth and that they can cope without Webb and O'Donnell but that talk was clearly BS after the Warriors shred the Cowboy's frail defense, and it was a totally poor performance by the Cowboys, who started so good again in the start of the season, and have the game that kickstarts their slump and I'm betting it's this one.

You want to be premiership favourites, you don't lose games like this, or at least not as bad as this. Graham Murray must have been furious heading into the sheds after the game and I can't blame him because time after time we see the Cowboys throw a game away through terrible defense. Teams like Manly are winning and winning games because of their tough defense and the Cowboys can't say anything like that. 3 of the first 4 of their games could have gone to the other side was it not for freakish last plays or mistakes by the other team and it's reality check time for the Cowboys again.

Their defense is terrible at the moment and guys like Price made them look second-grade like and worse. Their attack was ruined by poor passes and mistakes, but their defense is absolutely atrocious. The scoreline would have been a lot less flattering had the Warriors not dropped so many chances, but nothing can hide the fact that the Cowboys have problems and they weren't evident until today.

Complacency is a word here, another could be arrogance, but whatever it is, the Cowboys need to lose it otherwise performances like this are going to become frequent, just like they did last year. It's rep season time and the Cowboys need to sort themselves out otherwise they will be taking a downward spiral sooner than they can say slump.

Weekend Results:

Titans def Broncos 28-16
Eels def Penrith 27-14
Melbourne def Dragons 24-10
Manly def Bulldogs 16-14
Warriors def Cowboys 34-14
Knights def Rabbitohs 23-22

Some atrocious games this week as ball security was at an all time low. By my calculations, there have been 160 errors in only the first 6 games and that is absolutely terrible for a first grade competition. Every single game has been littered by poor mistakes and it is astounding to watch. Teams lost this weekends because of mistakes and poor penalties given away, and another factor in some losses was the refereeing. Penalties are being given away like KFC to fat kids. The game is just getting too watered down and it's impossible to have a free flowing game when the referees are trying so hard to find errors and bringing up new rules to make the game even more needlessly complicated and tampered with. It's bizarre what some penalties are given away for and it's getting to be a joke. This round was one of the worst I've seen in recent memory for those penalties and the mistakes and it's really affecting the standard of the competition.

i agree. this round was supposed to the best round of the competition so far but it was no where near it. a heap load of mistakes, 1000 penalties and stupid ref decisions. look the bulldogs v manly match was supposed to be a battle of two top teams, but it ended up being a match of errors seriously. teams better improve otherwise they have no chance of winning the comp. hopefully my team the roosters can get there first win against the raiders tomorrow and they can get their season started. lets hope next round is better. but this round was hard to pick i only have like 3 right and each game was unpredictable, it might of been the crappiest round of the year but it was the most difficult tipping for lol.

and by the way, i do disagree with some of the Australian team selections. i disagree with jamie lyon, brent kite and hunt being in the team. in my mind omely, a better centre mabye cooper and it kills me to say this cause i hate the guy but bowen should be in the team. kite is not as good as omely, lyon has done nothing since he has come to manly and kunt is not playing good football in my mind. just my thought.

GO THE ROOSTERS!!!!

Tigers def Sharks 14-12 in Golden Point.

This was an interesting game but again, too many errors spoiled it for me. It was a tough contest fought out by young sides trying to climb their way up the ladder, and the Tigers outlasted the Sharks in the end. Or should I say, Benji Marshall outlasted the Sharks in the end. That penalty kick he took to win the game would have had fan's hearts in their mouths as it only just got in but that couldn't hide his brilliance, as much as I hate to say it. The Tigers couldn't keep on losing like they have been and eventually something had to go their way, and it came at the expense of a Sharks side that is inconsistent at the moment. It leaves the Roosters as the only team to not win a game this season, but that could change tonight when they face another inconsistent side in the Raiders. This competition has me baffled though. One minute, a team like the Panthers is being flogged, then they flog a team and have a winning streak, then they lose to a team that hasn't been going that well. And golden point and close finishes are a growing trend that should ensure we have a stellar season, and hopefully the errors and refereeing errors will be erased after this round.

Melbourne played awesome without inglis i reckon were on track towards that premiership already but the titans are also doin good 4 the clubs first year of NRL

Round 5​

Downward Spiral - 4/8
AussieHobo - 6/8
Exiled - 4/8
Marcello - 3/8
Snyper - 4/8
Fazza - 4/8
Thompson - 4/8
Wet23q - 4/8

Here are this week's games so let's get those tips in:

Australia vs New Zealand

Round 6:

Storm vs Panthers
Sharks vs Raiders
Manly vs Titans
Eels vs Bulldogs
Knights vs Broncos
Cowboys vs Rabbitohs

Here are my tips for the week:

Australia vs New Zealand: Australia

Storm vs Panthers: Storm
Sharks vs Raiders: Sharks
Manly vs Titans: Manly
Eels vs Bulldogs: Bulldogs
Knights vs Broncos: Knights
Cowboys vs Rabbitohs: Cowboys

i don't think the test match should be included in the tips but anyway here are my tips:

Australia, storm, sharks, manly, eels, knights, cowboys

If anyone else wants to tip, I will extend the deadline to tomorrow and you will all just get New Zealand for the Anzac Test. Australia are leading 6-0 at the moment and if it wasn't for constant fumbles from them, it would be a lot more and if it wasn't for Benji dropping the ball all the time, New Zealand would be doing better as well.

Here's the Weekly List:

Downward Spiral - Australia, Storm, Sharks, Manly, Bulldogs, Knights, Cowboys

AussieHobo - New Zealand, Storm, Sharks, Titans, Bulldogs, Broncos, Cowboys.

Exiled - New Zealand

Marcello - Australia, storm, sharks, manly, eels, knights, cowboys

Snyper - New Zealand
Fazza - New Zealand
Thompson - New Zealand
Wet23q - New Zealand

There's just a ridiculous lack of interest and the tipping comp is hereby scrapped. It's not hard to just tip for 7 games in a week or even let me know if you couldn't do it or don't want to do it anymore. I PM'd 3 people about the tipping comp and why they weren't tipping and I got one response. 3 people tipping a week is not enough so if anyone else feels like going through all the trouble to do it, go ahead but it's getting pointless now. The only way I'm considering continuing with this thing is if people really want to keep doing it.

im interested in it. i know people just dont care about it but i do. anyway here are my tips for this week

roosters, storm, bulldogs, cowboys, knights, panthers, souths, titans.

the Roosters 18 Def the Dragons 4

i am so happy i cant even explain it, the roosters have finally won their first game of the season and their 1000th win. their the first club to do it and as a true fan im so excited and cant get over it. now to the game, the roosters totally control the whole game and the dragons started playing football in the last 10 minutes lol. the roosters defense was very solid and the dragons were just terrible, their worst performance in 3 years. usually the anzac day matches are close but this one wasnt even near a contest as the roosters were just to determined than the dragons. if the dragons keep this up they going to get the wooden spoon they just had nothing, too many errors, too many penalties, really they played so bad their jersey fleg team could play better just horrible. the dragons couldn't do anything cause the roosters defense was too strong lol and that was the truth! if the roosters keep improving and play like this they will head towards the top eight. the roosters players played great also, minichello made 268 meters, nutly made nearly 200 meters aswell, solia and anasta great games aswell. it was just a great team peformance and especially minichello, he is back to his best. sorry to brag on but im just so happy lol! GO THE ROOSTERS 100th WIN OH YEH!!

I have had trouble with my pc (power pack blew up) so i could not get online to do my tips or let you know sorry

Well the BoSox are fuckin' smokin all the competition baby, hell yeah! :D First a sweep of the Rangers this weekend then last night an awesome game from Schilling who had 10 strikeouts, then Kevin Youklis(who is NOT a fast guy) hit an inside the park home run! And this is all against one hell of a team in the Cleveland Indians.

BoSox are now 12 games up on the Yanks---take that mothafuckas! lol, just kidding.

So what's going on in your world of baseball?

uuuummm wrong thread this is for the NRL (Rugby League)

Broncos handed the Knights their biggest ever loss 71 - 6 (65 points) also handing the Broncos their biggest ever win, What a day to be a Broncos supporter

For anyone that's still interested in NRL (any Australians) the competition is getting really close. Only 2 points separate 3rd from 8th, and every team is in double figure points. Some teams are going to miss out on points difference (the Cowboys have -113 for and against, so it will be them) and that will be a shame, but it ensures that the finals are going to be tighter than ever before.

About the Cowboys, and quite frankly, I've gotten used to seeing them perform pathetically every week. They have been getting 30 missed tackles (when going good by current standards) and up to 50 in some games, and they wonder why they are going to spiral out of the finals like last year.

To say they have the worst defence of any team this year is an understatement. Saying that they may have the worst defence of any team for the past few seasons, could be closer to the mark. They surely will end up being the worst statistically, and I honestly tire of seeing them out there. Thurston saves everything up to Origin, and leaves nothing in the tank for the back end of the season, and it's killing them. Injuries are crippling the team, and I just don't see them making the finals. They went from 4th place to 8th in a matter of 80 minutes, and as a result of being on the wrong end of another demolition, the 54-10 annihalation given out to them by the Wests Tigers.

It's round 20, and it's come quickly. There's 5 or so weeks to go, and any team could make the finals. But, my predictions as to who will make the finals are:

Melbourne: 1st.
Manly: 2nd
Parramatta: 3rd
Tigers: 4th
New Zealand Warriors: 5th.
Brisbane: 6th
Bulldogs: 7th.
Roosters 8th

Yes, you read right, I said the Roosters. Hell, I tipped them against the Storm last week, and got it right amazingly, so if they can beat the competiton leaders and premiership favourites by far (even though we all know they will choke again) they can make the eight. After running dead last for almost the entire season to date, who would have thought we'd even be contemplating them making the eight? Quite a turn around, although in saying that, they've only won 3 games in a row to be basing that on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back