State Of Origin "Aussie Football at Its Best"

Status
Not open for further replies.

AussieHobo

Getting Noticed By Management
Well I thought I would make a thread about this as Game 2 approaches fast.

History: State of origin is between two states in Aus, and Since our states are huge and we only have like 5 states and 2 territorys. The first two states that were founded are called Queensland and New South Wales, now 26 years ago NRL aka Rugby Leagae was massive here in Aus (and still is), like NHL in America, now State of Origin 26 years ago exact began and Queensland and NSW would battle in 3 games, one in Brisbane - Queensland, 2 in Sydeny NSW and 3 in Melbourne Victoria, look on a map and find them. And this has been done since then, now were onto 2006 and its State of Origin time, Game 1 was played 2 weeks ago with a nail biter 17 - 16 win for NSW, game 2 fast approaches and Im ready for QLD to destroy NSW at Brisbane.

Game: http://www.nrl.com/

Why Its So Big: Because its like the Superbowl over in the states, its what puts us apart, your either QLD or NSW, And Im off course QLD.

Origin Football: http://www.nrl.com/RepGames/StateofOrigin/tabid/182/Default.aspx

NSW%20SOO%20LOGO.jpg

vs.

12_M.jpg

Discuss:

I think you will find that this is the first time a State of Origin will be played in Melbourne. They have come to the decision that its fairer to play the last game in nuetral territory.

I'm from Sydney. I love State Of Origin.

I went out to game one at Testra Stadium. It was a freat game with the right result

Excited about next week's game. Should be a good one. All the media down here are putting a lot of shit on the queenslanders so I know that they will be all fired up

There's also the issue that if they lose this one it will be four lost series in a row

ChainReaction said:
I think you will find that this is the first time a State of Origin will be played in Melbourne. They have come to the decision that its fairer to play the last game in nuetral territory.

They have played a few games in melbourne. The last one was in 1997

lol, maroons are gunna pwn the blues next game. :headbanger: I can't for it 40 - nil win for the QLD and then the media can shove it up there asses, only problem is Matty Bowen isn't playing :(.

You should have also given Scott Prince a run in game two and put thurston at five eighth and lockyer back to fullback. I'm not complaining too much though because that means that the blues have less to worry about and he will be on deck for the tigers against manly on friday night

BTW, I think that 40-0 is way off. NSW are the only team capable of winning 40-0

Sounds like some fo you guys are a bit biased about which team is gonna win. NSW will win if they play like they did in the first half of game 1, but if they fall apart like they did in the 2nd half then the maroons could possibly win forty nil. But sorry to the maroons supporters, we all know that won't happen. GO THE BLUES

I;ll have to agree with you there, The Blues played some great footy 1st Half but fell apart 2nd half, juts like last years game.

Looking forward to it as i am a massive Rugby League fan, hope the Marroons can win it

Shame they scrapped the origin series over here (England)

My team ST Helens got beat last night, gutted :(

QLD take 2nd Game with a thrashing 24 point win over NSW, great game, QLD played brillantly, a def Rugby Leage fan should check it out.

QLD NSW
30 def. 6

When is the final Origin game please mate ?

And also just wondering if you had heard anything about this rumour from the UK

My team ST Helens have an Aussie Centre called Jamie Lyon he is supposed to be going back to play in the ARL next season for Paramatta, and my team is supposed to be getting Matt Giddley from Newcastle, do you know anything about this ?

Any info would be greatly appriciated

Exiled said:
When is the final Origin game please mate ?

And also just wondering if you had heard anything about this rumour from the UK

My team ST Helens have an Aussie Centre called Jamie Lyon he is supposed to be going back to play in the ARL next season for Paramatta, and my team is supposed to be getting Matt Giddley from Newcastle, do you know anything about this ?

Any info would be greatly appriciated

I believe that Jamie Lyone will either return to Parramatta or join manly. Haven't heard anything abouyt Matthew Gidley lkeaving newcastle but I wouldn't rule that out

Origin III is on July 5 from Melbourne

The blues will have some work to do to keep this one

Rugby is so queer.

it's guys jumping on each other with tight shorts trying to grab a BALL

Who will win on Weds ?

Queensland or NSW ?

I hope Queensland win

I don't watch football but I gotta be loyal to my state so I'll say Queensland.

Ok, i think Rugby is a great came, ('cause im from Australia aswell) but Adelaide don't have their own team. I hope they do so i can have 2 obsessions with RUgby and mainly football.
Go the crows! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back