• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Now is the time for Jericholics everywhere to rise up!

Man....if you think Jericho is limited to a comedy act.....you are lost. He can do it all, and has. As we saw just on Monday, he can switch to playing it serious on a dime. He have it be believable. He can make the crowd do whatever he wants. He can fill any role needed.....including the most over baby face on the roster.

In no way do I think he is limited to being a comedy act. But he, at the moment, IS a comedy act.

He planted the seeds for his comedy act very carefully and let it germinate and become something fantastic. Now we are asking that he turn on a dime and become a serious character, serious enough to give him the world title, one that is already somewhat of a joke in just 6 weeks?

I have no doubt that given another 4 months to rebuild his character, he could be a world champion, could be whatever the hell he wants. But right now, his character isn't and shouldn't be a World Champion.

If it was the WWE championship, which already has lineage and prestige, I would be far less concerned.

No way Ko vs Y2J would headline without a belt. The payoff for that story ahead of both world title matches? Whatever you're on, can I have some please?
Yes. The payoff match DOES NOT NEED A BELT! Lesnar/Goldberg is not headlining. If it did, you would have a lot of empty seats. Bray Wyatt vs ??? will do little as well. Do you think anyone will care about John Cena fighting Wyatt? Jericho needs to teach KO a lesson in humility. After being humiliated after putting all that work into the Festival of Friendship. After spending thousands of dollars on all those gifts for his best friend, to be humiliated like that? Do you REALLY need a belt? Y2J will help Goldberg defeat KO for the Universal strap. Owens will then want blood. It would be a great match to finish WM.

Look, I know you are a Y2J mark. I get that. I was at the old WWF New York watching No Way Out to see Jericho defeat The Rock and Austin and I was the ONLY ONE, as God himself is my witness, to have marked out for Jericho in that ENTIRE place. I almost got fucking KILLED that night on my way out the door of that place. So, I understand about being a mark for Y2J, The Best in the World at what he does, the Keeper of the List, drink it in, mannnn! I get it. However, you do NOT need a belt to finish this story out. Y2J's payoff is the defeat of Kevin Owens. Period.

Yes. The payoff match DOES NOT NEED A BELT! Lesnar/Goldberg is not headlining. If it did, you would have a lot of empty seats. Bray Wyatt vs ??? will do little as well. Do you think anyone will care about John Cena fighting Wyatt? Jericho needs to teach KO a lesson in humility. After being humiliated after putting all that work into the Festival of Friendship. After spending thousands of dollars on all those gifts for his best friend, to be humiliated like that? Do you REALLY need a belt? Y2J will help Goldberg defeat KO for the Universal strap. Owens will then want blood. It would be a great match to finish WM.

Look, I know you are a Y2J mark. I get that. I was at the old WWF New York watching No Way Out to see Jericho defeat The Rock and Austin and I was the ONLY ONE, as God himself is my witness, to have marked out for Jericho in that ENTIRE place. I almost got fucking KILLED that night on my way out the door of that place. So, I understand about being a mark for Y2J, The Best in the World at what he does, the Keeper of the List, drink it in, mannnn! I get it. However, you do NOT need a belt to finish this story out. Y2J's payoff is the defeat of Kevin Owens. Period.

Nah. JERICHO taking the title away from Owens....after being the one who helped Owens keep the title for so long.....should be the payoff.

Putting the title into the Goldberg-Lesnar feud is completely nonsensical. The feud story has absolutely nothing to do with the title, they are part timers, and randomly throwing the title into the feud now feels so unnatural. WWE was a lot smarter back in 2004. They actually had their, you know, top guys wrestle for the title. They weren't bringing back the Ultimate Warrior to feud with Hulk Hogan for the title. Because they....you know....used to know how to move on from FIFTEEN YEARS AGO and actually have new stars in the present.

Lesnar-Goldberg for the title in 2017! LMAO! Let's get 50 Cent to perform! Let's all wear our baggy jeans and XXXXL white tees! That's all cool and hip still right?

I'm hoping Owens pulls the Bret Hart metal shield to knock Goldberg out on his spear thing, and gets a cheap victory that makes him look dangerously smart and cunning, while keeping Goldberg strong for his special attraction Lesnar feud.

JERICOHOLICS LET ME HEAR YA!!! Seriously, I wouldn't be opposed to a short Jericho title run as a sort of reward for the work he's been doing. And it wouldn't be the craziest idea in the world considering how Y2J has revitalized his character over the past year and gotten himself extremely over with the crowds. Not that he wasn't extremely over before, but this run actually warrants it.

Still there's little point, mainly because he'd hold the thing for a month and than eventually drop it back to Owens at the next PPV after Mania, and I hate that type of booking. Besides, if this match were to happen, Owens would benefit from the Mania win much more than Jericho, especially because he was just involved in a segment that showed how good he can actually be as a champion.

Now go on and tell me why I'm wrong.

JERICOHOLICS LET ME HEAR YA!!! Seriously, I wouldn't be opposed to a short Jericho title run as a sort of reward for the work he's been doing. And it wouldn't be the craziest idea in the world considering how Y2J has revitalized his character over the past year and gotten himself extremely over with the crowds. Not that he wasn't extremely over before, but this run actually warrants it.

Still there's little point, mainly because he'd hold the thing for a month and than eventually drop it back to Owens at the next PPV after Mania, and I hate that type of booking. Besides, if this match were to happen, Owens would benefit from the Mania win much more than Jericho, especially because he was just involved in a segment that showed how good he can actually be as a champion.

Now go on and tell me why I'm wrong.

Who says he has to drop it back to Owens? Owens has had the title for what...5-6 months? Drop it to someone else in a month or two. Drop it to Joe. Drop it to a heel Reigns. Owens is not the only option. He can lose it and move on to something else that doesn't involve the title for awhile.

As far as "benefitting from the win"....AJ could've "benefitted more from the win over Jericho" last year by that logic. You can't just have the younger guy win the match at Mania every time. Owens has been champ and has beaten Cena. He's been booked strong his whole career. He's good and he's credible. He'll be fine either way.

Chris Jericho was the first Undisputed WWE World Champion.

full.jpg

Chris Jericho is...

11ffe6.jpg

I’m glad he finally won the United States Championship Title Belt. Chris Jericho certainly deserves a run with the WWE Universal Championship Title Belt. What better place to win the new “Big One” than at the Grandest Stage Of The All. He truly is the Greatest Of All Time!!

Sorry LBGetBack, but Jericho doesn't deserve the WWE Title. As entertaining as he is, he's in his forties and leaving around 2 months after WrestleMania anyways. Besides, he's here to put other wrestlers over. Also Goldberg is going to beat Owens at Fastlane. Owens just isn't going to beat Goldberg.

So yeah I'm a big fan of Jericho, but he doesn't need the belt and won't get... IT! (okay sorry, couldn't resist)

Sorry LBGetBack, but Jericho doesn't deserve the WWE Title. As entertaining as he is, he's in his forties and leaving around 2 months after WrestleMania anyways. Besides, he's here to put other wrestlers over. Also Goldberg is going to beat Owens at Fastlane. Owens just isn't going to beat Goldberg.

So yeah I'm a big fan of Jericho, but he doesn't need the belt and won't get... IT! (okay sorry, couldn't resist)

LOL at those reasons. "He's in his 40's and leaving in a few months." Well.....Goldberg is in his 50's and also leaving in a few months. Back to the drawing board!

I should add that Goldberg can't wrestle a match longer than a few minutes, can only do a couple moves, can't/won't take any bumps, and hasn't been around for 15 freakin years. But yeah let's put the belt on that guy! It's like when they put the US Title on Bret Hart in 2010. Not legit at all.

Jericho is here to "put wrestlers over".....ok, how about this. Jericho, as the most popular wrestler on the show, wins the title to an enormous "Wrestlemania moment" pop. He gets a run with the title, which the fans are just eating up. And then he puts over Joe, who breaks the fans hearts by choking Jericho right out of the WWE. Or a newly turned Reigns destroys him for the title. What better way to put someone over?

Jericho losing a midcard match to Owens for the US title is not doing anything for Kevin that hasn't already been done for him.....he's the freakin WWE champ. He beat Cena. He doesn't need to be "put over" anymore. Reigns doesn't either, but as a heel? Beating Jericho for the title would give him monster heat and a huge boost of momentum for his new heel run.

LOL at those reasons. "He's in his 40's and leaving in a few months." Well.....Goldberg is in his 50's and also leaving in a few months. Back to the drawing board!

I should add that Goldberg can't wrestle a match longer than a few minutes, can only do a couple moves, can't/won't take any bumps, and hasn't been around for 15 freakin years. But yeah let's put the belt on that guy! It's like when they put the US Title on Bret Hart in 2010. Not legit at all.

Don't get me wrong - I think Jericho deserves it a lot more than Goldberg and think Goldberg shouldn't be even close to the belt.

However this is the guy squashed Brock Lesnar. They're clearly very high on him and Goldberg vs Lesnar for the title is rumored.

Again I want Jericho to win, but Goldberg vs Lesnar is almost guaranteed to be for the title at Mania.

Don't get me wrong - I think Jericho deserves it a lot more than Goldberg and think Goldberg shouldn't be even close to the belt.

However this is the guy squashed Brock Lesnar. They're clearly very high on him and Goldberg vs Lesnar for the title is rumored.

Again I want Jericho to win, but Goldberg vs Lesnar is almost guaranteed to be for the title at Mania.

Yeah, I'm holding out hope that they're smarter than that and that it's a swerve. It just doesn't make sense to have two special attractions wrestle for the title. It's not the way they typically do things.

Nah. JERICHO taking the title away from Owens....after being the one who helped Owens keep the title for so long.....should be the payoff.

Putting the title into the Goldberg-Lesnar feud is completely nonsensical. The feud story has absolutely nothing to do with the title, they are part timers, and randomly throwing the title into the feud now feels so unnatural. WWE was a lot smarter back in 2004. They actually had their, you know, top guys wrestle for the title. They weren't bringing back the Ultimate Warrior to feud with Hulk Hogan for the title. Because they....you know....used to know how to move on from FIFTEEN YEARS AGO and actually have new stars in the present.

Lesnar-Goldberg for the title in 2017! LMAO! Let's get 50 Cent to perform! Let's all wear our baggy jeans and XXXXL white tees! That's all cool and hip still right?

I'm hoping Owens pulls the Bret Hart metal shield to knock Goldberg out on his spear thing, and gets a cheap victory that makes him look dangerously smart and cunning, while keeping Goldberg strong for his special attraction Lesnar feud.
Don't laugh. The order of belt succession will be this: Owens loses Goldberg. The belt needs Goldberg more than Goldberg needs it. Then, Goldberg loses to Lesnar at Mania. Lesnar loses to Balor at SummerSlam, Balor reunites with Gallows and Anderson to bring back the Bullet Club lineup, They bring in Samoa Joe and go after a reformed Shield. That is how all of this will go. Sooo, Jericho cannot win the Universal Strap.

Jericho doesn't need the title at all. His time as Champion had come and gone. He knows that his time in WWE is growing short and he also knows his worth. Jericho is a very smart individual who knows the business inside and out. To that end, he knows that he should be using the twilight of his career to get others over. Jericho is a legend in the WWE and beyond. He'll go into the Hall of Fame one day and people will always talk about him in a very positive way. He doesn't need another championship to make that happen. And, if anything, giving him a championship now might do the opposite to his legacy.

How many people do you actually believe will stay for that headliner after witnessing the earlier ass kicking? Not many are interested in a rematch.

People will leave because the show is 237 hours long, not because the last match is Goldberg and Lesnar. People would be more likely to leave if Owens and Jericho is the last match.

Not that it matters. WWE cares about how many come in door not the exact time they walk out of it.

How many people do you actually believe will stay for that headliner after witnessing the earlier ass kicking? Not many are interested in a rematch.

At least 90% of the people in the arena.

Have a significant amount of WWE fans ever left a Big 4 PPV early?

People stayed for Royal Rumble 2014 and 2015 and for Reigns vs. Lesnar at WM31.

Smarks say they will stop watching/leave early/cancel the Network all the time. Very few actually do.

Jericho doesn't need the title at all. His time as Champion had come and gone. He knows that his time in WWE is growing short and he also knows his worth. Jericho is a very smart individual who knows the business inside and out. To that end, he knows that he should be using the twilight of his career to get others over. Jericho is a legend in the WWE and beyond. He'll go into the Hall of Fame one day and people will always talk about him in a very positive way. He doesn't need another championship to make that happen. And, if anything, giving him a championship now might do the opposite to his legacy.

This isn't about his "legacy". It's about right now! He's the best guy. He's in the best story and the best ending for that story would be for Jericho to win the title!

You guys keep using "he's leaving soon", "he doesn't need it", "he's a part timer", etc. while defending the idea of Goldberg winning it. You realize how ridiculous that is, right?

Don't laugh. The order of belt succession will be this: Owens loses Goldberg. The belt needs Goldberg more than Goldberg needs it. Then, Goldberg loses to Lesnar at Mania. Lesnar loses to Balor at SummerSlam, Balor reunites with Gallows and Anderson to bring back the Bullet Club lineup, They bring in Samoa Joe and go after a reformed Shield. That is how all of this will go. Sooo, Jericho cannot win the Universal Strap.

Nah. No way they are actually that dumb. Putting the title on Goldberg and Lesnar.....two part timers who literally do two moves each and take no bumps.....completely pointless. Lesnar's act is stale and played out. Goldberg gets his big Mania match, and then moves on. Absolutely zero good reason to involve them in the title. Let them have their little 5 minute spectacle match, and move on.

Owens to Jericho to Joe to Balor would be a much better plan, if they need to get it on to Balor at Sunmerslam. Frankly I'm good with Joe keeping it longer.....the hell has Balor done? In the big scheme....he ain't nobody.

This isn't about his "legacy". It's about right now! He's the best guy. He's in the best story and the best ending for that story would be for Jericho to win the title!

You guys keep using "he's leaving soon", "he doesn't need it", "he's a part timer", etc. while defending the idea of Goldberg winning it. You realize how ridiculous that is, right?

Who's defending Goldberg? It's not an either or here. There's another option you know... If Jericho goes against Owens at Mania for the title, Owens should win. Jericho. does. not. need. it. He doesn't benefit from it. He's leaving soon after Mania. What are you not comprehending about this?

He's a better option than Goldberg, but anybody's a better option than Goldberg.

I'd love you for you to point out where I defended Goldberg winning the title. Go ahead, I'll wait. Just because some people have conflicting views, doesn't make everyone a hypocrite.

He is the best guy that's true. I love Jericho and always have his most recent run is amongst his best. But the feud doesn't need the title. A feud like this transcends that shitty title anyway. The real question is what giving Jericho the title actually accomplishes. If your answer is that he deserves it then its the wrong answer. The title is a tool to get people over Jericho doesn't need that. His feud with Owens is gonna be money either way.

Who's defending Goldberg? It's not an either or here. There's another option you know... If Jericho goes against Owens at Mania for the title, Owens should win. Jericho. does. not. need. it. He doesn't benefit from it. He's leaving soon after Mania. What are you not comprehending about this?

He's a better option than Goldberg, but anybody's a better option than Goldberg.

It's not about him benefiting, it's about the product! Not sure what you don't understand about that?

Owens has had the title for a while, his reign hasn't been all that good, and there's no reason for it to keep going. He'll get more chances down the road. Time should be just about up on this reign.

Your mindset is one that's way too common from wrestling nerd fans who always think the younger guy "needs it" and has to "get put over". FOH. The product needs a Jericho win and run! Liven this boring ass shit up! Go Jericho Go!

I'd love you for you to point out where I defended Goldberg winning the title. Go ahead, I'll wait. Just because some people have conflicting views, doesn't make everyone a hypocrite.

He is the best guy that's true. I love Jericho and always have his most recent run is amongst his best. But the feud doesn't need the title. A feud like this transcends that shitty title anyway. The real question is what giving Jericho the title actually accomplishes. If your answer is that he deserves it then its the wrong answer. The title is a tool to get people over Jericho doesn't need that. His feud with Owens is gonna be money either way.

I already answered your question about what putting the title on Jericho accomplishes.....it provides the best ending to the longest and best story going. It provides the fans with an amazing moment and then a title run that will be a ton of fun and that they will be completely into(no! We can't have a champion the fans actually love, right?). And it will break their hearts when he loses it.....getting insane heat on whoever takes it off of him.

Owens to Jericho to Joe to Balor would be a much better plan, if they need to get it on to Balor at Sunmerslam.

This guy is going to totally get his ass handed to him by this guy:

No, problem PG Era, everybody gets to be champion logic.

As much as I appreciate getting responses to my comments, you consistently show how stupid you can be at times. Save face by telling us that you are trolling whether or not it is true. Chris Jericho is not the best thing on the Raw roster. It would be pretty harmless to put the title on him but it is far from necessary from a financial or storyline perspective. If you were a real Jericholic you would understand this.

"Posing"....my dick bigger than yours.

Stop checking out other men's dicks. If you want to be with a man then fine but that doesn't mean other men don't deserve some level of privacy.

It's not about him benefiting, it's about the product! Not sure what you don't understand about that?

So giving Jericho the title somehow makes him more entertaining? Does the product improve because Jericho's the champion for a month? If you can't use a word in its proper context, than just don't use it. You'll sound smarter that way.

Owens has had the title for a while, his reign hasn't been all that good, and there's no reason for it to keep going. He'll get more chances down the road. Time should be just about up on this reign.

There is a reason for it to keep going if he faces Jericho. That reason is the fact that Owens benefits from holding it more than Jericho does whether you accept that fact or not. Jericho does nothing for the strap and the strap does nothing for Jericho. In case you haven't noticed, Jericho's been treated as just as much of a joke as Owens has. More so.

Your mindset is one that's way too common from wrestling nerd fans who always think the younger guy "needs it" and has to "get put over". FOH. The product needs a Jericho win and run! Liven this boring ass shit up! Go Jericho Go!

And your mindset is all too common for logic-lacking marks who can't step out of the 80s. The Universal title means nothing when it comes to the enjoyment of the product. The product remains the same whether Jericho has the championship or not.

You think you're smart, but you're not.

This guy is going to totally get his ass handed to him by this guy:

As much as I appreciate getting responses to my comments, you consistently show how stupid you can be at times. Save face by telling us that you are trolling whether or not it is true. Chris Jericho is not the best thing on the Raw roster. It would be pretty harmless to put the title on him but it is far from necessary from a financial or storyline perspective. If you were a real Jericholic you would understand this.

Stop checking out other men's dicks. If you want to be with a man then fine but that doesn't mean other men don't deserve some level of privacy.

I was just playing along with that guy's plan of getting the title to Balor. I said elsewhere that I wouldn't go that route. But you knew that. You're just mad.

And Chris Jericho is the best thing on the Raw roster. At least on the men's side of things. Hands down even. Not even close. You're a Jericho fan and are downplaying him......because you're mad.

How can I check out someone's dick by commenting on a message board? It's just a phrase, used to make fun of insecure people. But you knew that too. You're just mad.

So giving Jericho the title somehow makes him more entertaining? Does the product improve because Jericho's the champion for a month? If you can't use a word in its proper context, than just don't use it. You'll sound smarter that way.

There is a reason for it to keep going if he faces Jericho. That reason is the fact that Owens benefits from holding it more than Jericho does whether you accept that fact or not. Jericho does nothing for the strap and the strap does nothing for Jericho. In case you haven't noticed, Jericho's been treated as just as much of a joke as Owens has. More so.

And your mindset is all too common for logic-lacking marks who can't step out of the 80s. The Universal title means nothing when it comes to the enjoyment of the product. The product remains the same whether Jericho has the championship or not.

You think you're smart, but you're not.

Wrong. The overall product benefits greatly when it has a great champion. This is so obvious that I can't believe it needs to be stated. And then you insult my intelligence? After saying something like that?? LMAO!!

Mad as fuck because I think Jericho should be champion. Take some deep breaths, sport. Get some aeropressed coffee. Maybe take a good multivitamin(PM me for recommendations), and go for a run. Lift some weights. You'll be ok, champ. Buck up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back