• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Now is the time for Jericholics everywhere to rise up!

LBGetBack

Championship Contender
Just like the "yes!" movement basically changed the Batista plan and insured that Bryan would get the title. This is Jericho's time! He's been their best guy all year. He's a legend, he's still got it, he's got the story and feud......and he needs to win the title at Wrestlemania!

Putting the title into the Goldberg-Lesnar feud in 2017 is just too stupid for words. Two part timers, Goldberg being over a decade past his prime. And Brock has grown stale and lazy. The fans need to shit all over that feud, shades of Bootista! Boo the hell out of them, and rise up behind Jericho! Make WWE do the right thing!

And everyone should chant "Go Jericho, Go! Go Jericho, Go!" Oh man, that would be so epic. The only reason I'd be ok with Bork v Goldberg main eventing is because I could turn the show off early and take a nap.

And everyone should chant "Go Jericho, Go! Go Jericho, Go!" Oh man, that would be so epic. The only reason I'd be ok with Bork v Goldberg main eventing is because I could turn the show off early and take a nap.

Yessir! Doesn't have to be a long term run, but put the freakin title on him! The time is right!

THIS Jericho doesn't need, nor does his character suit a WWE Universal Title run. They can't follow up a guy who played second fiddle to the List, with a comedic character who hasn't been taken seriously for months.

The Universal Title is already half way to being an afterthought on RAW, you need a serious champion who can add some prestige. Owens could get serious and defend like a conquering warlord for the next couple of months, or else Goldberg and Lesnar (as much as I don't want that to happen) could add some prestige.

Another comedy act is the last thing a brand new strap needs.

Just like the "yes!" movement basically changed the Batista plan and insured that Bryan would get the title. This is Jericho's time! He's been their best guy all year. He's a legend, he's still got it, he's got the story and feud......and he needs to win the title at Wrestlemania!

Putting the title into the Goldberg-Lesnar feud in 2017 is just too stupid for words. Two part timers, Goldberg being over a decade past his prime. And Brock has grown stale and lazy. The fans need to shit all over that feud, shades of Bootista! Boo the hell out of them, and rise up behind Jericho! Make WWE do the right thing!
For what? Look, Jericho did something that neither Goldberg, Lesnar, The Rock, Cena, Austin, Flair, Sammartino, Thesz and George Hackenschmidt could do:

He became the very FIRST UNDISPUTED World Champion!

He does NOT need the belt to be strong. What he needs to do is to keep helping KO and other get over. All Jericho is going to do is lose it to Balor. Let Goldberg or Lesnar do the job. They are part timers that still have a huge following. Balor beats one of them, he will get a huge rub. You do not really want Jericho to lose whatever magic he still has winning a belt only to lose it the next night. Will people shit all over Goldberg/Lesnar? You betcha! That is why that match will probably not headline WM. But, let Jericho fight Owens inside Hell in a Cell as the ME of WM. You do not need a belt for that match.

For what? Look, Jericho did something that neither Goldberg, Lesnar, The Rock, Cena, Austin, Flair, Sammartino, Thesz and George Hackenschmidt could do:

He does NOT need the belt to be strong. What he needs to do is to keep helping KO and other get over. All Jericho is going to do is lose it to Balor. Let Goldberg or Lesnar do the job. They are part timers that still have a huge following. Balor beats one of them, he will get a huge rub. You do not really want Jericho to lose whatever magic he still has winning a belt only to lose it the next night. Will people shit all over Goldberg/Lesnar? You betcha! That is why that match will probably not headline WM. But, let Jericho fight Owens inside Hell in a Cell as the ME of WM. You do not need a belt for that match.

No way Ko vs Y2J would headline without a belt. The payoff for that story ahead of both world title matches? Whatever you're on, can I have some please?

Why does Jericho NEED to win the title at WrestleMania? Because he's still got it?
It's well known that his current run with WWE is coming to an end at some time in the spring when Fozzy tour again.

If anything, let Jericho beat KO at Mania to continue their feud until the end of his run, have Owens kayfabe injure him indefinitely to write him off of TV and KO can become a monster heel again off of the back of this.

He doesn't need it. Only reason he stayed so long is because he managed to get over with his list and make KO bigger deal. He will lose and go out to tour with his band. I am a fan of a guy, but lets be real. He has no business with title now when he basically just serves as a cannon fodder to guys who WWE wants to be over. He lost to Fandango at Mania for cryin outloud.

THIS Jericho doesn't need, nor does his character suit a WWE Universal Title run. They can't follow up a guy who played second fiddle to the List, with a comedic character who hasn't been taken seriously for months.

The Universal Title is already half way to being an afterthought on RAW, you need a serious champion who can add some prestige. Owens could get serious and defend like a conquering warlord for the next couple of months, or else Goldberg and Lesnar (as much as I don't want that to happen) could add some prestige.

Another comedy act is the last thing a brand new strap needs.

Man....if you think Jericho is limited to a comedy act.....you are lost. He can do it all, and has. As we saw just on Monday, he can switch to playing it serious on a dime. He have it be believable. He can make the crowd do whatever he wants. He can fill any role needed.....including the most over baby face on the roster.

For what? The man makes the belt, the belt doesn't make the man. Putting the belt on someone who "needs it" is why half the damn roster has been champion, and why most of them have flopped. Jack Swagger "needed it" more than Chris too. How did that one go? Del Rio was champ like 4 times! LOL.

Jericho is leaving so having him cost Owens the Title at Fastlane only to lose his US Title to Owens at Mania makes the most sense.

Universal Title
- Goldberg wins at Fastlane
- Lesnar wins at Mania
* Have Lesnar defend it at every PPV until he drops it to Reigns at Summerslam.

Why does Jericho NEED to win the title at WrestleMania? Because he's still got it?
It's well known that his current run with WWE is coming to an end at some time in the spring when Fozzy tour again.

If anything, let Jericho beat KO at Mania to continue their feud until the end of his run, have Owens kayfabe injure him indefinitely to write him off of TV and KO can become a monster heel again off of the back of this.

Because he's the best guy on the whole Raw roster and has been for the entire year! He will now become the most over face.....and basically the only good face on the whole Raw roster. Put the title on the top guy!

Also, because it's a natural progression to the only real, well built story on the whole entire show. It's a perfect Mania match and "moment".

He doesn't need it. Only reason he stayed so long is because he managed to get over with his list and make KO bigger deal. He will lose and go out to tour with his band. I am a fan of a guy, but lets be real. He has no business with title now when he basically just serves as a cannon fodder to guys who WWE wants to be over. He lost to Fandango at Mania for cryin outloud.

Who cares who he lost to 4 years ago? The Rock lost way more big matches than he actually won, ate pinfalls all the time, and lost to the Hurricane! Who cares? Some guys are just that good, that bulletproof, and that secure in themselves that they don't need to be booked like Superman to stay over.

Jericho is the best they've got. Hands down the most entertaining guy on the roster. Everyone else should be taking notes on his career.

Jericho is leaving so having him cost Owens the Title at Fastlane only to lose his US Title to Owens at Mania makes the most sense.

Universal Title
- Goldberg wins at Fastlane
- Lesnar wins at Mania
* Have Lesnar defend it at every PPV until he drops it to Reigns at Summerslam.

Why would you book Goldberg as a guy that needs help to win the title? That makes no sense.

Owens should retain through HHH or Joe's interference.

Who cares who he lost to 4 years ago? The Rock lost way more big matches than he actually won, ate pinfalls all the time, and lost to the Hurricane! Who cares? Some guys are just that good, that bulletproof, and that secure in themselves that they don't need to be booked like Superman to stay over.

Jericho is the best they've got. Hands down the most entertaining guy on the roster. Everyone else should be taking notes on his career.
He is not The Rock, he is just some guy who comes couple of months a year, puts over some guys and leave until he comes back around next year and do the same. Never said that he wasn't entertaining but he just doesn't need it. For years he has position like that and that didn't change. Neither WWE or Jericho himself are looking at him like they look at The Rock, Goldberg and others who are special attractions. He is just a guy who has been there for time to time to put over some guys.

So, your idea, not gona happen. Jericho first wouldn't be down with it because he is clearly comfortable in position he is with right now. He just doesn't need it anymore.

Here you go, Fastlane ending that set's up both matches for Mania perfectly!!!

Goldberg spears Owens but ref is down. Out comes Lesnar who attacks Goldberg and hits him with the F-5. Owens looks to capitalize and out comes Jericho. Ref regains conscience as Owens is yelling at Jericho on the outside. Owens turns around and gets hit with another spear and then a jackhammer. There you go, credible ending that sets up both Mania matches perfectly!!!

He is not The Rock, he is just some guy who comes couple of months a year, puts over some guys and leave until he comes back around next year and do the same. Never said that he wasn't entertaining but he just doesn't need it. For years he has position like that and that didn't change. Neither WWE or Jericho himself are looking at him like they look at The Rock, Goldberg and others who are special attractions. He is just a guy who has been there for time to time to put over some guys.

So, your idea, not gona happen. Jericho first wouldn't be down with it because he is clearly comfortable in position he is with right now. He just doesn't need it anymore.

He's US champion, and he's wrestled for the title in his "couple of months comebacks" before.

If you haven't noticed the difference in this run and many of his previous ones....you're not paying attention. He's been around for over a year. He beat AJ Styles at Wrestlemania. This is not him coming back for a few months to lose to everybody.

He's arguably been the best and most consistently over performer on the roster since last spring.

And like I already said......he's in the best story! Capping that off by taking the title off Owens would be perfect.

Here you go, Fastlane ending that set's up both matches for Mania perfectly!!!

Goldberg spears Owens but ref is down. Out comes Lesnar who attacks Goldberg and hits him with the F-5. Owens looks to capitalize and out comes Jericho. Ref regains conscience as Owens is yelling at Jericho on the outside. Owens turns around and gets hit with another spear and then a jackhammer. There you go, credible ending that sets up both Mania matches perfectly!!!

Why would Lesnar try to cost Goldberg the title? If Goldberg wins, Lesnar gets to wrestle for the title at Mania. It doesn't make any sense from that standpoint.

Jericho needs to disappear for a couple weeks in order to sell his beatdown.

After that he should come back as a different character. The opposite of who he has been since turning on AJ. A broken man who myopically seeks revenge and nothing else. He gets that revenge to some extent each week after returning leading to some kind of gimmick match at Mania. In the match KO's new best friend helps KO win.

The title should not matter. Jericho's focus should be based on violence, not props. If he gets the title or not shouldn't matter to Jericho fans. His brilliance and legacy is more about his ability to perform in and especially out of the ring, not a collection of predetermined prop collection. Any real Jerichoholic would understand that.

Jericho needs to disappear for a couple weeks in order to sell his beatdown.

After that he should come back as a different character. The opposite of who he has been since turning on AJ. A broken man who myopically seeks revenge and nothing else. He gets that revenge to some extent each week after returning leading to some kind of gimmick match at Mania. In the match KO's new best friend helps KO win.

The title should not matter. Jericho's focus should be based on violence, not props. If he gets the title or not shouldn't matter to Jericho fans. His brilliance and legacy is more about his ability to perform in and especially out of the ring, not a collection of predetermined prop collection. Any real Jerichoholic would understand that.

The best guy should be champ. Giving the title to someone who "needs it" and trying to make them in that way never works. Enough is enough! Give it to the best guy.....which is Jericho!

Fans.....shit on Lesnar and Goldberg every time their name is mentioned! Go Jericho Go! Go Jericho Go! Y2J!! Y2J!! Y2J!! It's time, Jerichoholics!

Much as I'd love to see Jericho with the Universal title to "complete the grandslam" I think at this stage it's more realistic for them to give him the 10th IC win as a farewell. It almost feels like they're fast tracking the Miz to be on 9 for that reason.

I don't want to see Goldberg with the belt any more than I want it round Brock's waist... but what I'd now hate to see is Jericho getting the title only to lose it quickly... if it's not substantial then it's as meaningless as Cena's 16th was...a token.

Much as I'd love to see Jericho with the Universal title to "complete the grandslam" I think at this stage it's more realistic for them to give him the 10th IC win as a farewell. It almost feels like they're fast tracking the Miz to be on 9 for that reason.

I don't want to see Goldberg with the belt any more than I want it round Brock's waist... but what I'd now hate to see is Jericho getting the title only to lose it quickly... if it's not substantial then it's as meaningless as Cena's 16th was...a token.

Question.....did you consider Hogan's 2002 title run meaningless? It was not a long run. But the fans loved it, it was entertaining, and it certainly didn't hurt anything. It was a perfectly effective transitional run. Owens has had the title for awhile now. There are no other faces that have been well built up. Rollins has flopped so far, Reigns....lol. There's nobody.

I can't believe people are seriously using some of these reasons to not give it to Jericho when the alternative is freakin Bill Goldberg! A guy that's been out of wrestling for 15 years, can do nothing in the ring except a spear and a jackhammer, and is in full on "special attraction" mode.

Chris is a must better choice as a transitional face champion.

The best guy should be champ.

Thanks 1972 logic.

Giving the title to someone who "needs it" and trying to make them in that way never works. Enough is enough! Give it to the best guy.....which is Jericho!

Not sure what any of this has to do with my comment but I would argue that you want to give the title to whoever will see the biggest increase in merchandise sales, Network orders, television views, mainstream attention, and gate receipts (i.e. money). I highly doubt Jericho is that guy.

Fans.....shit on Lesnar and Goldberg every time their name is mentioned! Go Jericho Go! Go Jericho Go! Y2J!! Y2J!! Y2J!! It's time, Jerichoholics!

Both guys have proven to get a ton of attention since their returns. I'm not sure either is the ideal candidate for champ right now but both would make more sense than Jericho.

But you would know this if you were a real Jericholic. STOP POSING.

Thanks 1972 logic.

Not sure what any of this has to do with my comment but I would argue that you want to give the title to whoever will see the biggest increase in merchandise sales, Network orders, television views, mainstream attention, and gate receipts (i.e. money). I highly doubt Jericho is that guy.

Both guys have proven to get a ton of attention since their returns. I'm not sure either is the ideal candidate for champ right now but both would make more sense than Jericho.

But you would know this if you were a real Jericholic. STOP POSING.

No, problem PG Era, everybody gets to be champion logic.

Sounds like you want to put a band aid on the product. LOL at giving the title to Goldberg.

"Posing"....my dick bigger than yours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back