Not The Best, But Would Get People Talking

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
Most of the films in this tournament are good, weather you think that or not. All have some merit. But when I was going to do my version of a movie tournament (Before it was taken away from me. Klunder & Shango are the Dingo, the tournament is my baby) I didn't specifically pick good films. I picked films that would get more people talking. So instead of good films there would have possibly been a showing from Batman & Robin, Pirates of the Caribbean, Harry Potter, Meet The Parents, I Am Legend. Not necessarily good films. But ones that would get people talking, and would divide people. It might not have worked in later rounds. But it would have early on. Can anyone think of any films that could possibly work in getting people talking?

Can anyone think of any films that could possibly work in getting people talking?

What exactly do you mean by this? Do you mean films that have proven to be popular/successful, and thus will be recognizable and discussable for a majority of posters on this site? Or, do you mean controversial films (controversial in the literal sense) that leave their viewers with many questions, and thus inspire discussion? Of course, these categories need not be mutually exclusive. So, maybe you mean films that meet both criteria?

Well, I'm sure The Dark Knight would have drawn huge. In fact, most of the major releases from this year could have been big draws. Transformers also would have drawn, as would some of the Harry Potter films. Personally, I would have liked to have done Liar Liar and Zoolander, which I thought are both funny well-written comedies.

And for the record, Jake LET us eat his baby.

Yeah, TFormers would've definitely get people talking. I can here it in my head, "It was a fun movie, but should it get my vote?"

B&R-holy shit, you could stick ANY movie up to B&R and B&R would lose. It's pretty much a bye match for the other movie. B&R is they Citizen Kane of terrible movies.

I think The Phantom Menace would've drawn, as well as Attack of the Clones. I personally don't hate any of the LIVE ACTION SW films, I think they're all fun. But TPM would've gotten some arguements.

Well I don't remember seeing it in the tournament, but I had an Idea for a movie that would have gotten people talking, and I want to see some peoples thoughts on it. The movie I am talking about is American History X. It is one of the most powerful race driven movies ever made. Most people loved it, and I wonder how it would have done in the tournament.

Yeah I was kind of surprised American History X wasn't in this thing. People can go on about how powerful it is. But the simple fact is that films about Bonehads are fascinating. Most films about racism are. Although If I had to label a Neo-Nazi film as ''realistic'' I'd probably have to go with Made In Britain. And for curb stomping entertainment I'd go with Romper Stomper.

Dazed and Confused is another good one that might have been able to do well in the tournament. It would be a great teenage comedy in the movie. Plus it was a lot of current actors when they were lot younger. Great movie about small town USA, great music, and great ass whipping. Also American Pie could have been good in it. American Beauty is another that would have had potential.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back