Northeast Wrestling

Mustang Sally

Sells seashells by the seashore
This company is celebrating their 20th anniversary, running local shows in high school gyms and state armories in Connecticut......and apparently making it. Look at the collection of performers scheduled to appear.

It's good TNA isn't insisting on contracts binding people to them, allowing folks like the Hardy Boys and Bobby Lashley to appear in a small high school gym. I'm surprised Lashley wants to do this; I thought pro wrestling was a seldom exercised diversion for him.

But, Bret Hart? I suppose he'll work a non-violent angle with one of the local talents, perhaps acting as a manager of someone only the people in that town have heard of. The week before this show, there's another with Mick Foley and Jerry Lawler signed to appear, both presumably in non-wrestling roles.

About 5 years ago, I went to one of Northeast's shows. There were about 500 people in attendance, and they were jumping out of their seats in enthusiasm. I was told music was being blasted out of tinny speakers, yet we all had a great time and it was terrific seeing some familiar faces up close.

Pro wrestling isn't all WWE, that's for sure.

rFZBiuu.jpg

A legit indy show is always gonna be massive bang for your buck, and a wonderful experience as a wrestling fan. If you can see one of the real professional top shelf ones, do yourself a huge favor, and get tickets.

This company is celebrating their 20th anniversary, running local shows in high school gyms and state armories in Connecticut......and apparently making it. Look at the collection of performers scheduled to appear.

It's good TNA isn't insisting on contracts binding people to them, allowing folks like the Hardy Boys and Bobby Lashley to appear in a small high school gym. I'm surprised Lashley wants to do this; I thought pro wrestling was a seldom exercised diversion for him.

But, Bret Hart? I suppose he'll work a non-violent angle with one of the local talents, perhaps acting as a manager of someone only the people in that town have heard of. The week before this show, there's another with Mick Foley and Jerry Lawler signed to appear, both presumably in non-wrestling roles.

About 5 years ago, I went to one of Northeast's shows. There were about 500 people in attendance, and they were jumping out of their seats in enthusiasm. I was told music was being blasted out of tinny speakers, yet we all had a great time and it was terrific seeing some familiar faces up close.

Pro wrestling isn't all WWE, that's for sure.
Jesus, Waterbury's a bit of a drive but that might be worth it.

NEW has been a really quality organization over the years and you get to see some really great stars mix it up with solid indy talent for a good value, I went to one of their shows years ago and it was well worth it. I'd definitely recommend them. Then again I'd recommend supporting most indies. People don't realize how many guys depend on these companies to make a living.

If I still lived out east, I'd hit this up. It's just too much travel from here in the Burgh, though. I hope it's successful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back