Nirvana reunites with Paul McCartney in Kurt's role

I know he was and I'm sure it's cool for Dave, Krist and Pat. Good for them. That doesn't mean I have to like it. I'm sure they could have found someone better suited for the role.
Paul didn't even know it was the remaining members of Nirvana he was asked to play with until he was told. It's an odd pairing.

I like nirvana and I wouldnt recognise Novaselic on the street. He's been half invisible since 94!

And Paul had played with Dave Grohl before. The idea thet he wouldnt know who Nirvana are is ridiculous. I think thats being made out to be more than it is. Dave says he used to play in a band with the guy, Paul says oh, cool? Gets told the band was nirvana. For all we know he dropped a paperweight in his pants after that.

And to be fair, not many people of Pauls age would have been too taken by Nirvana. My parents werent. D-Man clearly wasnt. But to suggest he didnt know who they were is being blown up in that article.

And who gives a fuck about the guy from seether beyond showing up at wrestlemania. That would have been a major waste of time. He's no Cobain. McCartney brings a fresh idea to the show, and he's a big fucking deal!

Did they sit in a room for days and weeks on end, shooting heroin with the purpose of finding oblivion?
I don't know. I wasn't there. They did use heroin though so they could have.
I'm not condoning drug use by either but you can't argue use by one and ignore use by the other.

What the fuck are you guys talking about. Theyre musicians, who gives a schnozz what they did in their spare time?

Whether they sat there on LSD (like the beatles did) or Heroin, makes no difference. If shakespeare was doing heroin it wouldnt make his stuff any less impressive.

If your opinion on either band is good or bad, thats cool. Its all subjective. But if your opinion of their lyrics is based on whether they did drugs or not... Yeesh.

What the fuck are you guys talking about. Theyre musicians, who gives a schnozz what they did in their spare time?

Whether they sat there on LSD (like the beatles did) or Heroin, makes no difference. If shakespeare was doing heroin it wouldnt make his stuff any less impressive.

If your opinion on either band is good or bad, thats cool. Its all subjective. But if your opinion of their lyrics is based on whether they did drugs or not... Yeesh.

This was my point in pointing out that both did drugs.

I like nirvana and I wouldnt recognise Novaselic on the street. He's been half invisible since 94!

And Paul had played with Dave Grohl before. The idea thet he wouldnt know who Nirvana are is ridiculous. I think thats being made out to be more than it is. Dave says he used to play in a band with the guy, Paul says oh, cool? Gets told the band was nirvana. For all we know he dropped a paperweight in his pants after that.

And to be fair, not many people of Pauls age would have been too taken by Nirvana. My parents werent. D-Man clearly wasnt. But to suggest he didnt know who they were is being blown up in that article.

And who gives a fuck about the guy from seether beyond showing up at wrestlemania. That would have been a major waste of time. He's no Cobain. McCartney brings a fresh idea to the show, and he's a big fucking deal!

That's even more of a reason not to do it. People from that generation are less likely to care about it.
That's why I said they should have had Paul do his thing and Dave and company do theirs. It's ridiculous for you to suggest that Seether means nothing outside of Wrestlemania. They're one of the more popular bands in rock music right now. On top of that they regularly incorporate Nirvana songs into their live set and because of the similarity in voice there are Nirvana fans who are also Seether fans.
Give the older generation Paul.
Give the younger generation Dave and company.

Only people I could really accept filling in for Kurt would be Buzz Osbourne or Frank Black. Black would probably do the better job, but Buzz Osbourne mentored Kurt, if I recall, they were four years apart in HS.

D-Man is in Paul McCartneys age group? The mans even older than he's been letting on.

That's even more of a reason not to do it. People from that generation are less likely to care about it.
That's why I said they should have had Paul do his thing and Dave and company do theirs. It's ridiculous for you to suggest that Seether means nothing outside of Wrestlemania. They're one of the more popular bands in rock music right now. On top of that they regularly incorporate Nirvana songs into their live set and because of the similarity in voice there are Nirvana fans who are also Seether fans.
Give the older generation Paul.
Give the younger generation Dave and company.

I was only taking a piss on seether for the fun of it, they dont get promoted much over here. Actually quite pleasantly surprised with how well they are doing now that i've checked!

Having them play seperate would most definitely work. I'll agree to that alright.

Are we sure they will actually be playing much nirvana? or any? Has that been confirmed?

I imagine this whole thing would be alot more contentious if it were the other way around....

The Beatles are reforming for one night only. Paul McCartney and Ringo Star set to play together for the first time since the internet was invented.

Fillng in for John Lennon and George Harrison will of course be Dave Grohl and Chris Novaselic. When Dave heard Paul hadnt played with Ringo in a band for over 30 years, dave grohl loked clueless until someone pointed out that they had formed the pioneering grunge band "The Beatles" to which Grohl responded "That was the uh... The monkees rip off yeah?"

[YOUTUBE]sUzs5dlLrm0&autoplay=1[/YOUTUBE]

Paul McCartney is one of the greatest song writers in the history of music so I guess it might be a positive. The big problem is the band he's syncing up with. Sorry, Nirvana fans, but I will always see them as the most overrated band of all time.

This coming from a guy that likes Nickelback.

Nirvana was at the forefront of the greatest development in rock and roll since the 1970s and Nevermind is consistently near the top of the best album lists of musical critics. To say they're the most overrated band of all time is just all sorts of foolish.

Nirvana was at the forefront of the greatest development in rock and roll since the 1970s and Nevermind is consistently near the top of the best album lists of musical critics. To say they're the most overrated band of all time is just all sorts of foolish.

Or, these reasons are WHY they are overrated. Listen, I don't hate Nirvana. Hell, I enjoy them a hell of a lot more than I do the Beatles, or even Paul McCartney (talk about overrated), but they aren't as great as everyone seems to think. The lyrics are nothing more than a jumble in the mouth of a drug addict, and the music is too inconsistent. The only time they were tolerable was when they'd perform a cover. Provided they didn't rape it like what happened to "The Man Who Sold the World".

Also, this move gives me reason to hate Nirvana....

Oh I'd say they're overrated (coming from a fan) but that's only because everyone seems to consistently kiss Kurt Cobain's ass. Yes he was a very good songwriter and had a knack for catchy songs. But he was still the least musically talented person from the period/area.

:lmao:

As much as this seems like it should make sense, I just hated Nirvana because they sucked. And anyone who calls Kurt Cobain a poet is basically backing the positive effects of his excessive drug use.

How much art has been created completely in the absence of drugs?

Oh I'd say they're overrated (coming from a fan) but that's only because everyone seems to consistently kiss Kurt Cobain's ass. Yes he was a very good songwriter and had a knack for catchy songs. But he was still the least musically talented person from the period/area.

How do you figure that? He was the voice of alternate rock. He might not have been talented in a classic sense, but fuck that, it's rock and roll.

The only way I'd agree to listen to hardcore music is if I was on drugs. Lots of them. Preferably the type that put you to sleep.

More tolerable than the inane ramblings of a drug-addled artist who had no regard for his own life, or the fact that he was leaving his kid to be raised by somebody who isn't fit to live.

The only fair way I can do this is by answering your question with a question...

Why do you think they're good?
Because the lyrics are pure poetry, D-Man, pure poetry. Just check this out:

"Rape me
Rape me, my friend
Rape me
Rape me again"

How can you argue with such thought provoking, introspective and pure poetic lyrics?

I was only taking a piss on seether for the fun of it, they dont get promoted much over here. Actually quite pleasantly surprised with how well they are doing now that i've checked!

Having them play seperate would most definitely work. I'll agree to that alright.

Are we sure they will actually be playing much nirvana? or any? Has that been confirmed?

According to the article Paul suggested they just make up some songs to jam on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back