• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Nikki Bella NEW Diva's Champion!

While I'm upset that Beth did not hold the strap for long enough (she almost set a record) it's good that Nikki won the title so Eve can take the strap from her. Eve has been doing a good job selling her character she reminds me a little of Lita in her heel days 2005-2006 and a bit of Trish in 2004-2005.

I'm gonna go with this although I would doubt if Beth is hurt that did look like it twisted her ankle but probably only serioius enough for a week or 2 off. I say Kharma shows up and whens the belt sending Bellas away then we see the Kharma vs Beth we've all been waiting for.

I had a similar twist of the ankle the day after thanksgiving. Although mine was a smaller drop off then jumping down from an apron. I'm just beginning to be able to run again at 3/4 speed. Ankle sprains can be very painful and time consuming injury. If her injury is legit she might be out a little while. Look at Ben Roethilsburger he sprained his ankle and they told him he would be like that for 3 months and he decided to try to play with it. So if she is really injured I wouldn't just assume only 2 weeks off because a normal ankle roll you can walk off almost right away and from what another poster said she couldn't walk it off even after the commercial break.

Still, why put the belt on one of the Bellas' if they're leaving? If it's a transitional title change as a link between Beth and Kharma, management could have picked any other diva for the task: why Nikki or Brie?

Someone in this topic speculated it was just a "feel good" send-off for the Bellas, but I find myself asking: Why would WWE care about that?

As to your point, I think the entire ending to that match was completely improvised. I think Beth was supposed to get the win, but that the ankle injury is indeed legit, and they had to change the ending to account for it. The divas all piling on top of Beth could easily have been a way to convey the new ending without any fans noticing, by obstructing their view while the message was delivered. Beth Phoenix wasn't doing anything high risk, she was just jumping down to the floor. Something that she has done thousands of times. If they were going to script in an ankle injury, they would have been a little more creative than that, at least I would hope.

I agree that they wouldn't care about a feel good send-off for the Bellas. It's not like other wrestlers get the belt a week before they are done, so why now? Most people will have long forgotten the Bellas taunting Kharma a year ago, so why work it into her return storyline? It's not like the driver of the limo, nobody gives a damn if this loose end never gets tied up.

I think they gave Nikki the strap because they want a face champion that Eve can beat so she can become champion...because Vince loves this stupid hoeski angle.

Still, why put the belt on one of the Bellas' if they're leaving? If it's a transitional title change as a link between Beth and Kharma, management could have picked any other diva for the task: why Nikki or Brie?

When Kharma announced her pregnancy last year, the Bellas came out and talked trash about her. Kharma stated that she hoped they were still around when she returned. It's a continuation from that promo/shoot if the reason for Nikki winning the title is to setup Kharma's return.

WWE isn't "claiming" anything. Beth is legit hurt. I was at RAW last night and watched as she needed help to the bak. She tried to walk when RAW went to commercial but almost fell again.

This is from the WZ site:
PWInsider.com is reporting the "injury" Beth Phoenix suffered on RAW is apart of a storyline to explain why she would lose the Divas title to Nikki Bella. According to reports, Beth sold the worked injury so well that those backstage not aware of her creative plans thought she legitimately was hurt. She apparently sold the injury at the hotel and the airport in front of fans.

Source:http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/253653-report-details-on-beth-phoenix-qinjuryq-on-raw

So I guess she is a really good actress huh? I'm really impressed if this was a fake injury.

As for Nikki's win, I've never really cared much for the Bella's. If they hadn't been twins, I doubt the WWE would've ever hired them. I suppose it's only fair to let Nikki have a reign since Brie had one before, but I don't see it lasting very long. Like everyone else, I'm expecting Kharma to come in and destroy the twins. Maybe that will be their exit from the company.

Later on down the road, Beth can return from her "injury" and challenge Kharma.

I think the Bellas are hot, but they, much like most divas, cannot wrestle.

What the hell does that even mean? Can someone please tell me. Wrestling is NOT about the body slams and head locks... I promise you this. If you think that's all it is, then you might need to go watch amateur/olympic wrestling. Seriously, I HATE that saying... it makes no sense.

---

Anyway, I for one am a HUGE Bella fan. Have been for a while, mainly a Nikki fan at that. I remember back when they were on NXT Season 3 and Nikki showed signs of a heel turn and I came on here wondering what anyone else thought. To me, Nikki and Brie are way more entertaining than a lot of the Divas in WWE. They're seen way more on TV as well, and other than Eve and Kelly Kelly, they're as close to a female John Cena as you'll get.

Also, with this being past the 9 months plus maternal leave period, I have to agree that a Bellas & Kharma feud is in the works. The trick, to me, would be to utilize Eve and the Bellas as a heel diva alliance. TNA tried to do it, but they used Gail so it failed. Someone like the Bellas and Eve, who can get heat, works way more.

As for Beth being legitimately injured, I think it's more so a minor sprain. Although, I'm not a doctor and could be wrong. She did say that she felt it pop when the camera came by her, but even still, it looked like just that... a sprain. I hope that's what it is and nothing serious because she's another one of my favorite divas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back