• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Nikki Bella NEW Diva's Champion!

SMKM

Occasional Pre-Show
So....I'm a huge Bella Twins fan, simply because they're smoking hot, and a few months ago when Brie was Diva's champ I made a thread asking you guys what you thought about their angle at the time, seems only fitting to start the thread about the new title exchange. My only concern is I thought the Bellas were done with the WWE after their contract was set to expire so anyone think this was the way the WWE got them to re-sign? A title reign for a new contract? Anyways, most hate the Diva's, most think the Bellas suck, me I love them, I'm happy that Nikki is the new champ, it just sucks WWE dropped the ball big time with Beth's reign.

ALSO: if the Bellas really are done after their contract expires the only thing I can think of is that Kharma will be returning soon, and she was set to feud against Brie initially so this makes sense.

Could just be a final send off for them, from what I have read they were pretty popular with management, so in my opinion they will still leave and lose the title just before they do.

Im more concerned with beth injuring herself on what seem like the absolute Safest of All jumps from the apron to the floor. Hope shes ok.

I personally feel that Vince called an audible after Beth was injured. Cause you noticed how all the Diva's swarmed her and attacked her. They were probably telling her the new finish because her njury seemed legit so I dont expect Nikki's reign to last more than a few weeks.

Someone said it in the Raw LD, and I agree. Kharma should return next week and dominate both Bellas, win the title, and send both out of the company. Bella's have a back story with Kharma, they called her fat. Good enough reason to kick their asses.

I think the Bellas are hot, but they, much like most divas, cannot wrestle. It has been reported they are leaving, and a good story can be brought forth. No love loss.

I personally feel that Vince called an audible after Beth was injured. Cause you noticed how all the Diva's swarmed her and attacked her. They were probably telling her the new finish because her njury seemed legit so I dont expect Nikki's reign to last more than a few weeks.

I disagree I think Beth is legit injured, but I think that the plan was to have Nikki win because the Bellas were saying they were leaving after their contracts and Vince thinks they are marketable divas because they are hot and twins and wants to re-sign them so he will give them more spotlight to keep them from leaving.

I think her reign will only last a week cuz Kharma probably going to destroy them at Extreme Rules or the Monday after that.

The only good thing is at least Beth didn't look weak, cuz that injury seemed legit damn she missed over a year of her WWE career due to injury hope she doesn't end up like Candice and get released

It's time honour tradition... Their still leaving WWE, Kharma will take them out next week become new Divas Champion and start a feud with Beth Phoenix, which sucks because I love The Bellas to, but their better off out of the WWE anyway. Apparently the entire divas locker room is miserable in the WWE/

When Beth was entering she appeared to be favoring her left leg. I would guess her injury dictated she lose the strap tonight.

It sucks to see how some of the members can turn a good thread into a spam thread with their 'yes' 'no' 'i agree's... Anyway, i would have said she doesn't deserve the title, but again, her sister won it too last year, so why not?in thìs era of kelly's and bella's, i really don't care about the division.. but now that she has won the title, i hope she will have a good run with it in the upcoming weeks, if thats not too much to ask. time will tell.

I kike the Bella's. I don't want them to leave the WWE and I was shocked Nikki won tonight. I was sure the person to beat beth would have been Eve. I do wonder if this changes the Bellas future. had then been any hints of Beth being hurt before tonight?

I'm kind of thinking that Layla is coming back very soon and they are going to put the strap on her for a while. Management didn't want to have Layla take the strap from Beth so pulled the injury angle put it on whoever (one of Bella's) so Layla can take it from them.

Either that or the injury is legit and they called an audible. I still think which ever way it is Layla is back soon and will champ before too long.

Great for Nikki as far as winning the title. The push on twitter I'm sure helped... As far as the title is concerned... I would assume in the next month or so (when their contracts expire) they'll get squashed somehow and leave (probably Kharma) but this could have been a spot for them to re-sign their contracts and stay with the company... Who knows to be honest.

As far as Beth is concerned... Her injury looked legit... Hopefully she won't miss much time

I mentioned this before, but I'm absolutely a fan of the Bellas. They're easy to look at, seem to be willing to work to get better in the ring, and... well.. there are two of them, and they're amazingly hot. Okay, I know that's not a good reason, but did you see them during the HoF ceremony? Ron Simmons has the right words for that occasion.

Anyway, that being said, I don't like the title on them. I'm a strong believer that they're not as bad as most of the IWC makes them out to be in the ring, but they're certainly not among the top female performers in the WWE, either. I'd rather Alicia, Eve, Natalya, or Kharma take the title, but it is what it is.

More importantly, I hope Beth is okay and can make a full recovery. It's always unfortunate to see anyone's career hit a speed bump like this, especially one as talented and hard working as she is.

Well all I can say is Here Comes The Pain!

Because if Nikki is gonna be talking and "defending" that title for longer than a month, that title will be more worthless than Jeff Hardy's Immortal Championship. I agree with IHW about Kharma coming back. I was damn excited this Mania as O thought we'd get a Kharma vs Phoenix match. However, some chick who dances gave a double stinkface with Kelly Kelly...and we all let it happen.

Kharma returns and squashes and steam rolls through the competition, till Beth returns as a face and they duke it out at SSlam. Build this one up man. This could be better than anything Trish or Lita did. Beth and Kharma can tear. it. up.

Great for Nikki as far as winning the title. The push on twitter I'm sure helped... As far as the title is concerned... I would assume in the next month or so (when their contracts expire) they'll get squashed somehow and leave (probably Kharma) but this could have been a spot for them to re-sign their contracts and stay with the company... Who knows to be honest.

As far as Beth is concerned... Her injury looked legit... Hopefully she won't miss much time

it has been reported for a while that their contracts expire on April 30th...so they win the title 1 week before they leave

My hope is that, in the short period of time before The Bellas leave, the WWE is able to bring closure to the open-ended storyline started between the twins and Kharma. When she entered the company, the Bellas were vicious to her, about being fat, etc., so she should still be looking to exact revenge.

While the ideal would be for Kharma to squash Nikki and take the championship, it doesn't have to go this way, however. Instead, Kharma can cost Nikki the belt -- by distracting her during a match with anyone else on the roster -- then come to the ring, crushing both Bellas & sending them packing in the process.

This would put the belt on a third party, write the Bellas out of the storyline and put Kharma over all in one swoop. It seems highly effective in the grand scheme of things.

As for The Bellas' worth to the company, their in-ring skills are no more or less awful than most of the Divas, which -- generally speaking -- are pretty terrible. When things eventually DO work out to put Kharma vs. Beth, head-to-head, I hope they give those ladies the time, build-up and opportunity to shine.

They might actually be able to return a tiny bit of luster to the division.

Ok, so, wait, hang on a minute, give me a second, this hurts my brain.

Wasn't AJ the number one contender like two weeks before wrestlemania? Did she have her title shot or did I miss it?

Considering the rumours were that the Bellas were leaving I would guess that at least Nikki has re-signed and this is her reward.

Good for her!

As an aside, I've watched the part where Beth hurts her self several times...

Either that's a legit injury, or Beth is the most amazing actress in the world.

Whether she was supposed to lose the title or not remains up for debate, but I'm really doubting that they meant for her to lose the title LIKE THAT.

WWE is claiming Beth suffered a sprain of the anterior talofibular ligament. Basically, it's a sprained ankle. As someone who has been on crutches because of a sprained ankle, I know sometimes they can be worse than a clean break.

How severe a sprain probably requires an MRI. Hopefully, it isn't completely torn and she can rest, rehab and enjoy a little well-deserved time off.

it is interesting due to all the outside factors. the bellas "leaving" and the fact that cole and lawler kept mentioning beth was on the cusp of being the longest reigning divas champ to date. it does seem to maybe be a way to entice the bellas to stay or set up for kharma to smash. either way it wasnt that bad of a match and was surprised to see the match last that long. it seems something bigger is on the horizen for the division and hopefully it gets better from here

ALSO: if the Bellas really are done after their contract expires the only thing I can think of is that Kharma will be returning soon, and she was set to feud against Brie initially so this makes sense.

Yes, that could be what they're doing. I can see the powers-that-be not wanting to have Kharma come back and immediately crush Beth Phoenix. For a long time, Beth has been the uber-Diva and I can understand them not wanting to make her seem weak in the face of Kharma.

Still, why put the belt on one of the Bellas' if they're leaving? If it's a transitional title change as a link between Beth and Kharma, management could have picked any other diva for the task: why Nikki or Brie?

Someone in this topic speculated it was just a "feel good" send-off for the Bellas, but I find myself asking: Why would WWE care about that?

Come to think of it, why exactly are they leaving, anyway? It's their choice, right?

My hope is that, in the short period of time before The Bellas leave, the WWE is able to bring closure to the open-ended storyline started between the twins and Kharma. When she entered the company, the Bellas were vicious to her, about being fat, etc., so she should still be looking to exact revenge.

While the ideal would be for Kharma to squash Nikki and take the championship, it doesn't have to go this way, however. Instead, Kharma can cost Nikki the belt -- by distracting her during a match with anyone else on the roster -- then come to the ring, crushing both Bellas & sending them packing in the process.

This would put the belt on a third party, write the Bellas out of the storyline and put Kharma over all in one swoop. It seems highly effective in the grand scheme of things.

As for The Bellas' worth to the company, their in-ring skills are no more or less awful than most of the Divas, which -- generally speaking -- are pretty terrible. When things eventually DO work out to put Kharma vs. Beth, head-to-head, I hope they give those ladies the time, build-up and opportunity to shine.

They might actually be able to return a tiny bit of luster to the division.

Good thinking there, with the way Eve is sucking off Larangitis and for the "Favor" she did to cost Team Teddy the match at WM, this could be the perfect way for Johnny to re-pay Eve with a title match & Kharma squashing the Bella's for Eve to win the belt.

Hell, im in for AJ to get a title shot, and Kharma comes down again squashing the Bella's and AJ wins the strap.

Its a bit stale with all the Bella's do these days, coming down with guest host's and pretending to dance to the guests music, and all those crappy backstage vigenette's and wrestle the odd occational crappy match.

They'll leave WWE with the vision of now we are "Famous" from working with WWE, we'el get modelling work no probs and get a rich famous boyfreind each to complete the set.

WWE is claiming Beth suffered a sprain of the anterior talofibular ligament. Basically, it's a sprained ankle. As someone who has been on crutches because of a sprained ankle, I know sometimes they can be worse than a clean break.

How severe a sprain probably requires an MRI. Hopefully, it isn't completely torn and she can rest, rehab and enjoy a little well-deserved time off.

WWE isn't "claiming" anything. Beth is legit hurt. I was at RAW last night and watched as she needed help to the bak. She tried to walk when RAW went to commercial but almost fell again.

As for Nikki winning the title...I was a little surprised, and it MIGHT have to do with Beth getting injured. Hopefully she retires with the title and the WOMENS title comes back. That ugly Divas title needs to go, especially with Kharma coming back.

Someone said it in the Raw LD, and I agree. Kharma should return next week and dominate both Bellas, win the title, and send both out of the company. Bella's have a back story with Kharma, they called her fat. Good enough reason to kick their asses.

I think the Bellas are hot, but they, much like most divas, cannot wrestle. It has been reported they are leaving, and a good story can be brought forth. No love loss.

I'm gonna go with this although I would doubt if Beth is hurt that did look like it twisted her ankle but probably only serioius enough for a week or 2 off. I say Kharma shows up and whens the belt sending Bellas away then we see the Kharma vs Beth we've all been waiting for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back