Nightmare on Elm Street Remake

Cowboyfromhell

2 Time Co-Beach Volleyball Champion
[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HCELL2W_Hws&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HCELL2W_Hws&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Watch and discuss. There is some broad giving a synopsis of the film at the beginning, maybe 30 seconds long and then the trailer starts. I think it looks good and I am quite excited to see this in April.

What I am happy to see is that it appears that Freddy Krueger is a lot less comical. That was one thing I considered to be a detraction with Robert Englund's performance.

Wow, how the hell did I miss this thread when you posted it Cowboy? My apologies.

I'm definitely excited for this remake, but my expectations for the film aren't very high. Its another remake of a classic horror film from Platinum Dunes, but this time it's not just a straight-up slasher film like Friday the 13th. PD makes perfectly suitable modern slasher films, but when they try to do anything other then that, they tend to fail. The thing about the original Nightmare on Elm Street is that although it features elements of a slasher film, the horror of the film is truly psychological, and taken in a much more classic approach to the horror genre as opposed to the stalk-and-slash formula of the other 80s slashers of it's time. I highly doubt PD will be able to deliver on that end, but I expect the remake will at the very least be an entertaining slasher to see at the theaters.

Although Freddy's makeup does look a tad bit odd at the end of the teaser, I have faith in Jackie Earle Haley as Freddy. He's a phenomenal actor, and I really think he'll do well with the role.

What I truly don't understand though is why they didn't just go ahead and make the damn prequel already. They've been talking about making a prequel covering Freddy's span as a killer in the real world when he was alive for damn near a decade now, which is what eventually evolved into this remake. I would have preferred a full-on prequel instead, a gritty serial killer film in the same vein as something like Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer, bring the franchise to a different tone of disturbing material.

As as big horror fan obviously my eyes are firmly planted on this project, and you can guarantee I'll be there opening weekend to see it.

Wow I never knew they were making a remake. Well I'm looking forward to it. I've never been a hugh fan of the series, but I've always enjoyed the first and third installments. The only thing that I am worried about is (Like X said) that it is just going to become another slasher. I want it to be the same movie that made me afraid to go to sleep when I was little.

Meh...they got some music video director named Samuel Bayer at the helm for this reboot. Although I liked what Marcus Nispel did with The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Friday the 13th wasn't a particularly good remake. I would have gone to France and gotten a director. Wait, the Weinsteins aren't involved in this, are they? If so, then they probably couldn't get any credible filmmaker on this project, and my point is just as moot as it was in the first place.

Meh...they got some music video director named Samuel Bayer at the helm for this reboot.

Eh, you never know, he could be good. Lots of very good directors started with music videos.

Although I liked what Marcus Nispel did with The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Friday the 13th wasn't a particularly good remake.

Yeah it wasn't a good remake or film, but I thought as a modern slasher film, it was quite entertaining. All I really need is Jason, teenagers having sex and using drugs, and graphic violence. You got those three things in the woods, and I'm thoroughly entertained.

I would have gone to France and gotten a director.

I doubt they'd do something like that. Then again isn't Alexandre Aja working on a Piranha remake? That sounds awful honestly.

Wait, the Weinsteins aren't involved in this, are they? If so, then they probably couldn't get any credible filmmaker on this project, and my point is just as moot as it was in the first place.

Nah, the Weinsteins aren't involved. This is a Platinum Dunes remake.

As long as it isn't as bad as that abortion of a movie that was PD's The Hitcher remake, I guess it could be worse.

Im on the fence over this remake whether im going to like it or not, and i would agree that Friday The 13th wasn't a good remake, in my opinion people got killed off too quickly, and nothing made me jump in that one. But if they can deliver on this remake of a classic horror film then i will definately see at some stage. But also it seems its being produced by Michael Bay as well and his films end up being not that great...i just hope this is good for a modern day slasher and they don't go over the top.

Wow, how the hell did I miss this thread when you posted it Cowboy? My apologies.

Although Freddy's makeup does look a tad bit odd at the end of the teaser, I have faith in Jackie Earle Haley as Freddy. He's a phenomenal actor, and I really think he'll do well with the role.

What I truly don't understand though is why they didn't just go ahead and make the damn prequel already. They've been talking about making a prequel covering Freddy's span as a killer in the real world when he was alive for damn near a decade now, which is what eventually evolved into this remake. I would have preferred a full-on prequel instead, a gritty serial killer film in the same vein as something like Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer, bring the franchise to a different tone of disturbing material.

As as big horror fan obviously my eyes are firmly planted on this project, and you can guarantee I'll be there opening weekend to see it.

I was beginnig to think no one else was looking forward to this movie, no apologizes are necessary though.
I also was hoping for a prequel first, it would set the stage so much better if they show the sadistic side of Krueger while he was alive; not just a rushed synopsis, which is what I am sure we will get. There was soooo much potential for a prequel, they should/could have had him be just such a twisted, sick individual full of madness. Killing for no reason other than the sheer pleasure, no hillbilly Rob Zombie excuses. Then start the franchise over with the Dream Demon that we all know and love. You would think with the industries intense desire to bleed all the money from a franchise that they can, they would have went the prequel route.
His make up did look a bit off and I wasn't a big fan of his voice but I read an interview with him the other day and he stated they are still tweeking the voice.

I don't know how excited I am for this movie. I mean to me, it just isn't Freddy if it isn't Robert Englund. Robert Englund just makes Freddy Krueger for me, all the way back from the original all the way to Freddy vs. Jason (which sucked but is hilarious). Just my thought on that.

I don't have high expectations for the film at all. Perhaps this reboot may be different? Doubtful but we can hope.

Anyways, the only reason I may go see it in theaters is because part of it was filmed at my old high school just down the street from my house. While they are doing scenes from the school, I can look for some of the kids I used to go to school with, who are extras, and the rest of the movie will probably just be the usual Freddy comes out and scares people in their dreams, probably some added gore to it. I'm trying to be optimistic about it, but most of the remakes nowadays suck anyways.

fucking cripes man, I couldve whittled a kingdom out of wheat before that fucking video got done loading and that damn bitch shut her fucking mouth.

Ok, ill admit, im slightly pumped after seeing that. Now i have to let my fanboyish excitement die down, and return to my feelings of trepidation, that this will probably fucking suck, and suck terribly, like the Jason and Halloween remakes did. Dont do it to fred. Please, not my beloved Fred :(

APPARENTLY :rolleyes: Fred is supposed to stay sinister and scary, which is really cool by me. Also, im excited to see what can happen here in the CG age. Deathly afraid that they will take what is a horror classic, and a very good film, and just put out another super gorey but no substance shitpeice, which is the way of things. I seriously hope not. Very excited to find out this wont be out til April, ill be good and home by then. I was desthly afraid it would be coming out while I was living here on the surface of the moon.

All I can say is that I'm praying they don't do to this film franchise what Rob Zombie did to HALLOWEEN. While his first Halloween film was decent, the sequel was absolutely horrible. Did anyone else here waste $12 bucks to see that piece of $hit at the theatre?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back