• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Night Of Champions: Kane vs. Big Show vs. Mark Henry

I get it, you see that its my first post, and you want to make sure I know your king round' here.

:lmao: I'm not King.. that'd be Jake. I'm TheOneBigWill (I have to bold it, so you get the point ;)) And no, I could care less how you viewed me or what you viewed me as. I've been posting here for a little over a year and I love wrestling. I also love giving opinions, as much as reading them.

I think you have me all wrong my friend, the past is something i certainly do not live in, that being said, I have every right to enjoy the past and aspects that I like about.

I don't technically recall ever telling you that you didn't have a right to your opinions. I love the past too, and to be quite frank about it, I miss the past. But life moves forward, not backward. Things evolve and change, for better or worse.

No shit people are bored with mark henry, his matches are boring, hes slow, he cant wrestle.... so on and so fourth, your views and my views dont change shit about how mark henry wrestles.

Well, we both agree that Mark Henry sucks. Now heres where I'll let you in on something. I used to like Mark Henry. The Sexual Chocolate gimmick, hilarious. It fit him because it gave him something to do, that didn't try and push him off as a monster.

When he came back with Teddy Long, and was a dominate racist monster.. I loved him, because I could see him being that. Now hes just "angry all the time." And I could give a shit less. I'm angry a lot too, doesn't mean I'm a monster. Henry isn't being seen as believable.

Because the WWE says hes a monster I have to believe that???? I didn't realize that the WWE was in control of my brain. I'll call him sexual all day and twice on sundays, but that dosent put me in the past, and you in the right.

If you watch the W.W.E., to some degree you must allow them into your brain to attempt controlling you. They'll tell you what they want you to believe, and they'll do everything in their power to make you do just that. Will it work? Thats dependable on how smart you are, and how much you're willing to let your imagination run free.

Since wrestling is a script, naturally none of this is believable, but if you didn't let your imagination take over for 2 hours on wrestling nights, then whats the point of watching?

I love thinking Big Show is the most dominate force on earth, dispite knowing he isn't. I love thinking Kane could've got crispy creamed in a fire, dispite knowing he used to be a dentist. And I love remembering Mark Henry Fathered a white hand..

I am simply a north bay stoner who likes to get blazed and watch the wwe.
I type in my stoner perspectives.

Let me be the first to tell you.. I.. don't.. give.. a.. shit. Whether you smoke weed, pot, grass, herbs or whatever you wanna call it. Go to the bar room and brag about it, but as far as I'm concerned I don't need to hear about it when I'm discussing a Pay Per View match. (short of it involving Sean Waltman, Rob Van Dam, or Sabu)

Do you believe john cena is a superhero?? well do you? thats how they sell him, and ten and twelve year olds eat it up. does that mean you eat it up. my guess would be no.

Well, since I assume you can clearly see by my age that I'm not 10 or 12, I'm sure your guess would be correct.

I watch wwe for entertainment. and sure, I get that i'm with a select few being a "sexual Chocolate" fan and all. but shit. Is it really going to make the ecw rating drop much more. If the want to worry about ecw ratings maybe they should put it on a channel that everyone has, making people pay to watch ecw, now that's a big heaping pile of crap.

I watch W.W.E. for the same things. Entertainment, value, wrestling, storylines.

As far as E.C.W. ratings are concerned, regardless of them being "low" or not, E.C.W. is still (I believe) the highest rated show on Sci-Fi.. so I do honestly believe W.W.E. had quite a bit to lose in screwing up that brand.

Kane might not be a great Champion, and the Big Show might be dropping in class to win that Championship, but Mark Henry doesn't even belong IN the match to begin with. Kane v. Big Show was set to be a good big man v. big man match. Now Mark Henry is added in to either win the match himself, or be the guy that loses in the end, without hurting Kane or Show.

Actually I'm not minding if Mark Henry wins this thing. Sure, he's not great, but can he possibly be any worse then Kane at this point? Big Show doesn't need the title, and Kane just didn't work out. Plus, I'm tired of this innerbrand crap going on. Can we finally get Brands that the talent is exclusive to that damn show. Would it be so hard to at least put up an illusion that the Brands at least mean something at this point?

Anyways, Mark Henry wins. I think that this sets up a feud with Matt Hardy for the title at Summerslam, where Matt should win the belt. So much young heel talent on ECW, and a guy like Hardy is perfect for that situation.

Actually I'm not minding if Mark Henry wins this thing. Sure, he's not great, but can he possibly be any worse then Kane at this point? Big Show doesn't need the title, and Kane just didn't work out. Plus, I'm tired of this innerbrand crap going on. Can we finally get Brands that the talent is exclusive to that damn show. Would it be so hard to at least put up an illusion that the Brands at least mean something at this point?

Anyways, Mark Henry wins. I think that this sets up a feud with Matt Hardy for the title at Summerslam, where Matt should win the belt. So much young heel talent on ECW, and a guy like Hardy is perfect for that situation.

I just don't like the overall theory that we need to replace shit with more shit, just to work our way to a better Champion in the future. I'd rather see Kane retain, defeating Mark Henry after dispatching Big Show.. thus ending the controversy that either had a chance.

From that point, Kane v. Matt Hardy could become a possibility. (they did put on two decent matches in 2005) Albeit I just don't see Matt Hardy dropping the United States Championship, nor becoming a World Heavyweight Champion. (Even if its the E.C.W. one) The only reason Hardy would win is if they were trying to get the Super Heavyweights out of that brand all together, which would in turn make Mark Henry completely useless before the end of the year.

So if thats the case, why even bother making him a forgettable Champion? Just keep it on Kane, then transfer it to someone like Elijah Burke since hes got a new gimmick (apparently) or Matt Hardy, who seems to be the biggest face on E.C.W. now.

I'd personally love to see John Morrison reclaim it, then he and Miz could have a series of matches similar to Booker T./Chris Benoit. I think that'd be the best solution, but all of these ideas don't revolve around passing the Championship from one piece of crap to another, to get it to a remotely average wrestler by Summerslam.

I am very mixed on this. I guess that's because we're talking about an ECW brand here that has no top tier talent.

The top tier talent on ECW, both Kane and CM Punk were drafted to Raw. So, let's take a look at the potential scenarios for ALL three superstars.

1) ECW Champion Kane: Kane wins at Night of Champions, picking up a 3-count on Mark Henry. Big Show is steamed because Mark Henry has ruined his chance at becoming ECW Champion. Big Show wants the ECW title and demands that he be traded to ECW convincing Teddy Long that he was the most dominant ECW Champion in history and the best bet at bringing the ECW Title back where it belongs. Teddy agrees and it can set up Kane vs. The Big Show at the Great American Bash, prolonging their feud somewhat, since it was supposed to be a singles match. At this point, Mark Henry runs interference, taking out the Big Show, and Kane gets the win. This can start the Big Show and Mark Henry feud. Mark Henry will be more pissed at Show than Kane since he feels Show took his rightful spot as #1 contender. Kane can go on to feud with somebody else, maybe a Raw superstar, heading into Summerslam, with the angle being that they have to do something to bring the title back to ECW. This can potentially set up Mark Henry vs. The Big Show in a #1 contender's match, or even a second Triple Threat match, which would give Henry enough time to dominate everyone and gain momentum, as he has none right now. Even though he beat Kane on ECW, it still doesn't erase the memory of Henry jobbing left and right for a year now.

2) Big Show: Well, simple. Show wins, and Mark Henry jobs. Show could unite all titles to be on Smackdown! if he wins which could make an interesting angle over the Summer. Either way, I see this Kane/Big Show match happening because as we all know, one way or another, a champion usually gets a rematch, and the stage is set for the Great American Bash for the one on one encounter. Mark Henry interferes, instead targeting Kane, since in an opposite case from above, he will think Kane has taken his spot as #1 contender, and eventually it sets up Big Show vs. Mark Henry.

3) Mark Henry: Ok, so if Mark Henry wins the ECW gold, then what happens? I don't realistically see Henry going over Big Show. So, he would win the ECW title, bring it back to ECW, probably feud with the Big Show, and just lose it to him at the Bash. Now the title is on another brand again, and we have the same angle all over again. Or, they forget about both Kane and the Big Show and let the brand split be more definitive and we get matches like Mark Henry vs. Matt Hardy or Finlay. Except, at this point, neither Hardy or Finlay are even close to being main eventers. Henry was close a couple years ago when he had some steam, but then he lost it all after being buried by the Taker at Unforgiven last year.

Kane should win, reason being is because there's more heels on ECW than faces. Kane never looks out of place, one of his unique talents, just like Y2J never looks out of place. Kane can go from facing Big Show to John Morrison and it won't look out of place.

Big Show doesn't have that. Big Show I don't think anyway has the ability to be in the ring with Morrison or the Miz or Chavo without him losing ABSOLUTELY All credibility if he loses. Kane can take a loss and rebound.

Plus, don't call Kane's run stale. Because you can't have a good ECW title run because there's no one on the brand. Morrison and Punk's run nearly exclusively involved feuding with each other. Big Show's run was probably the best, but mostly because he got over beating RVD and then beating Flair, Taker, Kane, and Batista, note all of which were from different brands. Then he feuded with Sabu and then all he did was interbrand stuff until Lashley came.

Lashley was dominant, but his entire run was basically a feud with Test and then Vince for months on end.

That's how you know it can't be done on ECW because Vince was a champion there.

So for this match I'm expecting one of two things...

1.) Big Show or Mark Henry wins. Either way we'll be seeing the winner continue to feud with the other, not Kane. Either way, it will bring the ECW title back to ECW which makes plenty of sense. Overall though I do expect Show to win the match. He so far I feel has been the most dominant of the ECW champions. Also when you throw Mark Henry's name in there with Show and Kane you can't help but wonder why...

2.) Kane wins. With ECW joining up with Raw this summer, it wouldn't surprise me to see Kane retain the title. I can see some sort of invasion angle where Kane retains, however ECW stars slowly start to show up on Raw until they offically merge and the whole ECW roster jumps Kane sparking a war between ECW and Raw. I could see it working, but who knows....

For the match itself I do not expect to see much in the way of "wrestling." I expect to see it be a big man brawl. The winner will probably have both other men completley down and out and literally be the last man standing. As mentioned before.... I think Big Show will win the match. I am not 100% on it as there are several directions that WWE can go on this one.

I watch W.W.E. for the same things. Entertainment, value, wrestling, storylines.

As far as E.C.W. ratings are concerned, regardless of them being "low" or not, E.C.W. is still (I believe) the highest rated show on Sci-Fi.. so I do honestly believe W.W.E. had quite a bit to lose in screwing up that brand.

Kane might not be a great Champion, and the Big Show might be dropping in class to win that Championship, but Mark Henry doesn't even belong IN the match to begin with. Kane v. Big Show was set to be a good big man v. big man match. Now Mark Henry is added in to either win the match himself, or be the guy that loses in the end, without hurting Kane or Show.

I see where your coming from, when you said you don't want to replace shit with shit, but with the way watered down ecw roster SHIT is pretty much the only option.

sure they don't want to screw the brand up, but they pretty much raped ecw of everyone and anyone they had. I dont see the big show going back to ecw unless the plan on having a nice long rivalry with henry, or kane, and I dont think anyone want to see that.

I just looked at the ecw roster, and well, shit, its bad. henry wins it, and they go back to defending the title with extreme rules all the time.... and in a month time just give it to colin delaney, or the Miz.

I think having big show or kane win its just going to take away from there credibility over time. With no one to defend the title against. except each other, and that will get real boring really fast.

Well, pretty cut and dry. Henry wins, to set up the Matt Hardy underdog story, so that he may put over the young heel talent in ECW. Becuase Kane is laborious. I just hope to goodness Show doesnt win it. He doesnt need it, and it does nothing moving forwards. AT least Henry is actually ON ecw. And I firmly belive he will be taking the title back to there, if only until Great American Bash.

No way is Henry winning. Kane will retain if anything. The only reason Henry was added is so that Big Show doesn't have to get pinned. When he returned he had momentum, for all of a couple of minutes. The Mayweather feud was good for one night only, he also lost. Beating Khali and random ECW doesn't mean shit. He's got nothing left. So him losing to Kane would send him down further than he already is. Thus the inclusion of Henry.

Putting Mark Henry in this match sets up two possibilities. One of them being bringing the ECW title back to ECW. Or for Kane to retain, and not make Big Show lose any credibility. I would much rather have the WWE follow the first option as it could put young talent over on ECW. Kane failed miserably at trying to do that. Hopefully Mark Henry can put someone young guys over. Big Show doesn’t need the title, and it would just lower his current position if he were to win it. If Kane wins I have no idea what the WWE is planning for him, I truly don't.

So sadly I'm actually hoping that Mark Henry wins the title.

I really wish they would have left Kane on ECW. It would have provided the much-needed star power, one more big name, and less of a chance of somebody like Mark Henry or Matt Hardy winning the ECW Title sometime this year.

This match could go all three ways....but I think I'm gonna go with Kane on this one. Hell, Mark Henry may win it though...fuck, I don't know.

I'm going to go waaaaaaay out on a limb here and suggest that the guy that is actually a member of ECW should win this match. We're treated to another Goliath vs. Goliath match, something that the WWE has been handing out quite frequently the last year or so.

Anyways, anyone complaining about this match not being a technical masterpiece should be banned on the spot for ignorance. You're going to get nothing but strength, bear hugs and chokeslams out of this match. Mark Henry should win, and start his feud with Matt Hardy over the ECW championship.

I expect Mark Henry to win this match. He is the only guy who is an ECW guy in the match he is going to take the title back there. I also expect Henry to Hold it for a little while I am sorry I dont see Show taking the title off of him why put it on Henry to then allow it be taken to another brand. I think Mark Henry will be built up or at least the WWE will attempt to build him up as a champion to have him lose to an ECW superstar on the rise.

I really enjoyed this big man match up, some good spots in this match, the double choke slam on henry, the superplex. I found myself rooting for kane this whole match, untill I saw Sexual chocolate flying in from the corner of the screen with the giant splash.

All in all a good match, and congrats to mark henry, the new ecw champion.

I really enjoyed this big man match up, some good spots in this match, the double choke slam on henry, the superplex. I found myself rooting for kane this whole match, untill I saw Sexual chocolate flying in from the corner of the screen with the giant splash.

All in all a good match, and congrats to mark henry, the new ecw champion.

I'll give you all the credit in the world for calling this a couple days ago, but I'm still going to stand by what I said. Unfortunately I wasn't nearly as impressed with this match as you were.

Kane seemed to either get injured, or just decided that since he was losing, he'd spend 80% of the match on the floor to begin with. Either way, if he isn't retiring from injury or leaving for a year.. I'm gonna be highly disappointed with how he decided to not be more active in this match.

Mark Henry v. Big Show was exactly what we should all expect within the next month, if not (hopefully not) longer. Henry doesn't look like Heavyweight material. I suppose the banner for the E.C.W. Championship at last night's p.p.v. really showed that it isn't viewed as a Heavyweight title anyways though. :lmao:

All in all, I was disappointed with the outcome, but it was logically the only thing I suppose they could've done to get the title onto its rightful brand. Honestly, I think it would've been funny to see Kane retain the E.C.W. Championship, and return to Raw tonight as it's only Heavyweight Champion..

Note: Last night, they kept promoting and asking who was going to bring a World Championship to Raw.. Batista, Cena, both or neither. The fact is, Kane should've been mentioned in the beginning as being Raw's current and only Heavyweight Champion.. but he wasn't, and that in itself means they don't see the E.C.W. Championship, as a Heavyweight title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back