• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Night Of Champions: Kane vs. Big Show vs. Mark Henry

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
ECW World Heavyweight Championsip Match

Kane vs. Big Show.

Announced just now at One Night Stand. I can't think why WWE think this is a good idea. The only person in the past decade to get a decent match out of Kane is Umaga. If there is one person on the roster who he won't have a good match with, it's Big Show. Both are just awful. Do they not remember little over two years ago? That Backlash match was a crime against wrestling, terrible buisness. Also got little reaction from what I remember. Until Kane started going mental, I'm positive I heard an audible ''What the fuck is this shit''

all I remember is drop toe holds in that match. It amused me. I'm starting to think that WWE will actually give Kane the tag titles with Punk and give Show the title to set up Show vs Umaga. At least then I'd see Umago and Armando reunited.

It won't be respectable though, because the fact is Kane has been weakened as a champion by having to job to La Familia

Not looking forward to Kane/Big Show. Of course, that's not to say I was looking forward to Kane/Punk, Kane/Dreamer, or Kane/Chavo...and we all knew Morrison had no shot at winning that cane match. Should be laborious, with mostly punches and a few kicks. Conundrum, though: Big Show seems to be far more over than Kane is right now, and he also has come out stronger in his recent contests than Kane has. Kane hasn't had a proper and DECENT feud since winning his title, and this is pretty much the only title that they could give him (outside of a tag team title). Big Show's been on a steamroll lately with the big monsters, so it would make sense to just give him the title and have him feud with Umaga (especially now that Undertaker is gone and has no title to feud with Umaga over, which was the original plan). However, it makes Kane look like he's never had it in him to have a title reign, as he's never had a successful one. And then there's the problem that most people look like they can't stand a chance against Big Show, but Kane's smaller, so its more believable that he can be beaten by someone smaller. Tough decision...maybe Kane wins by DQ or something? Idk.

They really dropped it on his reign so far, I think. He should've just been overcoming Chavo and the gang at every opportunity, just completely dominating them. Instead he just ended up getting his ass kicked each week. I hate how they book everything in WWE. The 'main' events are the same old thing every week, and the 'lesser' card matches it seems like they barely put any thought into. They really should broaden their horizons in case they have another talent crisis where everyone gets hurt all at once again. Not to mention people aren't going to look forward to yet another Cena/HHH match.

Big Show and Kane had what I thought was a decent title match on ECW TV back when show was champion, and defending the belt against everyone who WASN'T even on ECW. If they can do that again, it shouldn't be a disaster. I like Kane alot, but he's not the wrestler he used to be. Still, I think it would do alot for his reign to get a clean win over Show.

From WWE.com, apparently BIg Show is pretty fucked up from the steps bump. Not sure if this is kayfabe or not, but it kinda throws this contest into limbo. I think if it does actually happen, Big Show could win, but really what does this accomplish really?? Belt goes from one big monster face to another?? Ok. I cant see this being any good, really, unless its under extreme rules. Neither guy can work well anymore, and CERTAINLEY not with each other.

I think if it does actually happen, Big Show could win, but really what does this accomplish really?? Belt goes from one big monster face to another?? Ok.

Especially when it would be going to a BIGGER guy, which makes it harder for a smaller guy to win the title without looking like its cheap.

Someone in the tag title thread brought up a good point in reference to last night's confusing ECW. For anyone that might've missed it, they had the four losers from the ONS match (Morrison, Punk, Chavo, Dreamer) against each other to determine who would face Kane later on....but then they said it was a non-title match. As expected, the winner was Punk. Later on, Punk and Kane were given a lot of time in a pretty decent match (nothing special, just not painfully bad) which Kane won after a few reversals. Afterwards, Morrison and Miz attack the two of them....for what reason? Is it that the WWE feels (and I agree) that no tag team is suited right now to take the tag titles off The In Crowd without making Miz and Morrison look bad? A few months ago, you could make the case for Festus/Jesse or Yang/Moore, but they've lost all their momentum. So if they decide to go with a rematch of Kane/Punk against Morrison/Miz.......do they just have Kane do double duty, and possibly go against Punk if Big Show can't be medically cleared?

If they decide to do Kane/Punk vs In Crowd, followed by Kane vs Big Show or Kane vs Punk...then I can see some title changes occurring. Punk clearly isn't being groomed to cash in that Money in the Bank case with the way he's been losing so much lately and not being put in any feuds, so they might be ready to have him lose it to someone that they want to use it (Morrison, maybe, as they seem to want him to move up...maybe Hardy as he was supposed to win it in the first place) but to capitalize on how Punk is still somewhat popular, he could very well be a tag team champion. Kane has proven himself a bad choice - contrary to what we all believed - for ECW champion, so they might want him to just drop it and be a tag champ for his efforts.

Now, one problem with having Punk win the ECW title or tag team titles is that it keeps him on Smackdown/ECW, while we've heard rumors that they want him to move over to Raw. However, what purpose would he have over on Raw if he isn't groomed for the main event? IC title maybe? There's also the problem that this would have been the THIRD tag team champions with those titles that are mismatched at first and are in the midst of a feud. Hardy/MVP, Morrison/Miz, then Kane/Punk. Thankfully, the middle grouping became the best current tag team in the WWE instead of continuing the split angle. Last year we also had HBK/Cena, and we currently seem to have Rhodes/Holly having some trouble. Overkill!

Thusly, what I'd like to see...but I don't necessarily see happening 100%...is for Kane and Punk to win the tag titles. Later on that night, Kane retains. Morrison defeats Punk for the briefcase. Kane loses the ECW title to someone who could have better feuds and run with it in a more entertaining way (depending on who gets drafted to Smackdown or ECW, but I wouldn't mind someone like Jeff Hardy holding it). That gives Kane and Punk something to hold onto, Morrison gets to move up to the main event, Miz gets to have a solid feud with Matt Hardy for the US title (as he's clearly a solid midcarder now), and ECW gets a better champion. All in all, that leaves Big Show out in the cold, but he could stay on Smackdown's main event scene for a while.

Groan. Do we really have to see Big Show vs Kane again. it was bad enough the first time why do we have to watch it again. I know Big Show was a reasonable champion far better then kane but the big show winning it off of kane when they are both Face is just plain stupid. They would be much better off having Morrison win it off Kane and then have the big show win it off Morrison. Or even Better why not let Morrison win it he has served his punishment long enough being stuck to the miz for that long. I think this match will be the worst on the Card the ECW tittle has no meaning at all. If someone was to come out with a made up tittle it would have more meaning then the ECW one. i think its time to let the ECW title go...

I think this is going to be a terrible match. There last match bored me to death and win that took place, it was during the See No Evil storyline. Now there is now real storyline between the two, just Champion vs Challenger. I don't really care as to who wins the match becaause I think that Big Show will just as boring as champion as Kane is.

I agree. I thought the ECW title was best with John Morrison. I think if he hadn't got in trouble with that whole Wellness Policy thing, he could have evolved into a better heel champion. Now the poor guy is stuck with having the tag team titles with the Miz. The only person that has held the title with any prestige has been RVD, Punk & Morrison. Chavo, Big Show & Kane haven't held up too well on their title reigns.

I don't see how the title was better off around the waist of John Morrison over Kane. Nitro only got the nod because Benoit was bust. His victory and overall reign was met with total apathy. Kane on the other had was at one point a real star. Sure his matches such. But Morrisons matches as champion were boring and forgettable. In the 9 seconds it took Kane to become champion he achieved far more than Morrison ever ddi. People might remember that 9 second victory, but they won't remember a single thing about Morrisons reign.

This match will suck royally. I dont really care who wins, I'm sure mark henry will make an appearance at some point just to make it even less interesting. This may be the point where CM Punk cashes in the MITB, but that still wouldnt make this match any less crap. ugh.

They got to give Kane a win or two against show to make his title reign some what rescpetable. I think WWE might think Kane Vs Show is a good match up so I hope the fued is drawn out. I was hoping for so much more for Kane title run. However, it is nice to see him wear the belt. Show should eventually win the title but only after some good matches. Kane vs Show in a hardcore match for the belt would be sweet I think.

One problem I see with this match is I'm not sure what they can do with whoever loses. If Kane loses, there's not much more for him to do outside of being involved in miscellanous slapped together tag teams, kind of how he was before winning the ECW title. And if Big Show loses, all credibility for him will likely go out the window.

The only thing I can think of is that somehow Henry will interfere, costing Show the title. That way no one loses credibility, and we'll go into a Show/Henry feud, which will keep Show out of the title picture for a while longer.

I could see this being a good match, but I'm unsure as of who comes out with the title. Kane seems to be getting back to his old form with the ECW belt. Show though, has been pushed well lately, so it could go either way. It's obvious Henry will get involved somehow, hopefully costing Show the match, instead of Kane. Kane and Henry just doesn't do it for me, but Show Henry would continue this theme of Show vs every monster there is. Interesting match, hopefully ends with henry running interference.

Im a fan of Mark Henry. He is a big thick guy and his gimmick as the big black guy you dont want to fuck with works well espically with his look. Show and Henry would be interesting to me so would Kane and Henry. The Worlds Strongest Slam on Dreamer last Friday looked real good. Im wondering if he could pull that off against Show or Kane. A triple threat match would be exciting. Throw Umaga into the mix too. Oh damn potential.

I think the draft kind of gave this one away a bit. With Kane being drafted to RAW, I can see Big Show going over to win the title, but since it looks like ECW is going to be paired with RAW at live events in the upcoming weeks, Kane can retain and still be on ECW. If Show wins, he won't stay on SD! for long as he'll have to go to ECW and travel with the RAW/ECW combination.

After ECW, Mark Henry was added to this match making it a triple threat at Night of Champions according to WWE.com. I still think Big Show will win, but now he'll get the win over Henry instead to let Kane still look good before going to Raw.

It's official: As the guy above me stated, on wwe.com right now they have officially changed this match to E.C.W. Champion: Kane v. Big Show v. Mark Henry!

When this match was merely Big Show v. Kane, it had potential. Now its just a disaster waiting to happen. Believe me, I was thrilled in loving the unknown factor in who could defeat who. Now, its not really a question of who will defeat who as Mark Henry has been added clearly to be the losing factor.

I'd truly be shocked if Henry did anything other than provide Kane with a victory, and allow the Big Show to lose without losing.

Normally its hard to pull off a decent Triple Threat match to begin with.. and when you add three really big athletes who truly can't do a lot.. its just like piling shit on top of shit. No matter how high you stack it, its still gonna stink. I just can't see the excitment of this match anymore. Adding Mark Henry has completely destroyed my thrill for wanting to see this.

I actually see Kane retaining the belt. Cause ECW and Raw will be joining up in August, so why not just let Kane carry the ECW title on Raw, until they start working together. Then maybe he can feud with JBL on Raw over the ECW Championship. I know most will probably hate that idea, as I really can't see them two doing anything spectacular, but it keeps JBL busy and gives Kane a more respectable title reign.

I think WWE can still pull a curve ball and let Henry win the match thus giving the only ECW superstar in the match the ECW title but Kane can still retain since Raw and ECW are gonna be paired together, but until then ECW is still with SD! so that means if Kane retains ECW will not have a championship except for the US title so that's why I think Show will win but we could all be suprised and see a Mark Henry win.

I actually think that Mark Henry should win. It makes no sense for the ECW title to be on any brand but ECW. Mark Henry is one of the most tenured superstars...12 years and counting, but yet his only title reign was an illegitimate 3 week reign as European champ 9 years ago which was handed to him by Jeff Jarett. Just face it, Mark Henry deserves a title reign of some sort after putting so much time and heart into the wrestling business.

With Mark being involved, ECW in need of their title back, and Mark having been drafted to ECW.......as odd as it is for me to say it.......I expect Mark Henry to win the title.

Yeah, weird, I know, haha. Mark Henry with a title outside of a tag team one. However, they've been booking him pretty solid lately, Kane can't keep the title on Raw...

But there's only one other thing. I said in another thread that a possibility is for Chavo to beat Hardy for the US title, Big Show to win the ECW title, and then have Vickie propose a trade with Teddy Long - Big Show & ECW title go to ECW in exchange for Chavo & US title. That solves two problems.

So I'd say there's a 60% Mark Henry win, 40% Big Show win.

Sexual Chocolate will finally get his long awaited title reign. something besides European gold (gold that was given to him) around his waste.

plus with such a washed down ecw roster it makes sexual look like more of a beast than he already is.

I say its long overdue for this big man, a couple month title reign of ecw gold for sexual chocolate.

Sexual Chocolate will finally get his long awaited title reign. something besides European gold (gold that was given to him) around his waste.

plus with such a washed down ecw roster it makes sexual look like more of a beast than he already is.

I say its long overdue for this big man, a couple month title reign of ecw gold for sexual chocolate.

You, just like the gimmick you're living with are living in the past. Mark Henry isn't 'Sexual Chocolate' any longer. Hes suppose to be a monster, a beast, an animal, a force. Unfortunately the only thing Henry can pile up being is a big heaping pile of crap.

If Mark Henry wins the Championship, his run will be even staler than Kane's. He won't have any big names to feud with, and as a result he'll look like even worse crap. Henry in squash matches isn't dominating, hes just trying to get through each match as quick as possible so people don't realize he has not talent.

I'm hoping that they'll let Kane retain, or Big Show win.. then have the title change before E.C.W. & Smackdown split. Either that, or Kane retaining and being on Raw, when it joins E.C.W. would still allow him to defend the title on E.C.W., as well as Raw. That could very well help ratings. A lot more than Mark Henry as Champion.

I get it, you see that its my first post, and you want to make sure I know your king round' here.

I think you have me all wrong my friend, the past is something i certainly do not live in, that being said, I have every right to enjoy the past and aspects that I like about.

No shit people are bored with mark henry, his matches are boring, hes slow, he cant wrestle.... so on and so fourth, your views and my views dont change shit about how mark henry wrestles.

Because the WWE says hes a monster I have to believe that???? I didn't realize that the WWE was in control of my brain. I'll call him sexual all day and twice on sundays, but that dosent put me in the past, and you in the right.

I am simply a north bay stoner who likes to get blazed and watch the wwe.
I type in my stoner perspectives.

Do you believe john cena is a superhero?? well do you? thats how they sell him, and ten and twelve year olds eat it up. does that mean you eat it up. my guess would be no.

I watch wwe for entertainment. and sure, I get that i'm with a select few being a "sexual Chocolate" fan and all. but shit. Is it really going to make the ecw rating drop much more. If the want to worry about ecw ratings maybe they should put it on a channel that everyone has, making people pay to watch ecw, now that's a big heaping pile of crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back