• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News On Hogan; Out...for now

Trademark

Dark Match Jobber
ut...for now
By Ed Williams III
August 6, 2006

Hulk Hogan is out…but for how long?

As reported by WWE.com Friday afternoon, Hulk Hogan has suffered a knee injury, and after having an MRI this weekend, the WWE Hall of Famer learned that he has a partially torn meniscus and will be unable to make his scheduled appearance on RAW Monday night.

The MRI showed a slight tear in the meniscus in his right knee. At this time, Hogan has opted not to have surgery. He did, however, receive a cortisone shot, which has helped alleviate some of the pain. It is still unknown whether or not the knee injury will prevent Hogan from competing against Randy Orton at SummerSlam.

WWE.com spoke with Hogan who was disappointed over the fact he won’t be at RAW.

“I’ve prided myself over the last 25 years of not getting injured and disappearing,” said the WWE Hall of Famer. “Normally I can work through any injury, but the problem is that this is my good knee, which means I can’t rely on my surgically repaired knee to shoulder the rest of the burden.”

Hulk Hogan and Hulkamania has always been one of the most indestructible forces in sports-entertainment. But after more than a quarter century of competing inside the squared circle, Hogan is starting to realize that maybe he’s not immortal after all.

“I’m sort of freaking out. I’m beginning to learn I’m a lot older,” said Hogan. “And with age, it’s tough to be the same dependable guy I’ve been in the past. I realize that as I get up there in age, I can’t go on forever.”

Hogan’s knee injury will be reevaluated in the middle of the week, but regardless of whether or not he can compete at SummerSlam, the Hulkster had a message for the Legend Killer.

“I’ll tell you this, no matter what happens, Randy Orton has not heard the last of me,” he said.

Orton in the meantime, told WWE.com Friday that he questioned the legitamcy of Hogan’s injury. WWE.com spoke with Orton again as he returned from RAW’s trip to Australia, and his attitude towards Hogan wasn’t much different.

“I told you last week (Friday), he got hurt getting off a couch. That’s all I have to say about that,” said the Legend Killer.

While Hogan did admit that he heard his knee pop while getting up from his couch, that is just part of the story.

“It started about two weeks ago, like a toothache," Hogan said on Friday, "the joint on the outside of the knee. I was complaining to my son Nick that it was killing me all the time. I have been on the road with my daughter Brooke and haven't been able to work out my legs like I should."

Hogan added: "Friday, I did a couple of leg exercises at a gym. When I got home, I sat on my new couch and it was like sitting in a hole. When I got up, it sounded like a snap, an explosion in the kneecap. I can stand and walk a bit, but it’s hard for me to sit and get up and down the stairs."

Despite the injury, Hogan is still scheduled to face Orton at SummerSlam. Will Hogan be able to recover in time to face the Legend Killer? Will Orton even get the chance to add Hogan’s legendary name to his list of legends killed? Keep checking back with WWE.com for all of the details.

I knew that this was going to happen. Hogan doesnt belong in the ring anymore and he hasnt for a long time.

im not sure what is going to happen here, but all i know is if the match dosnt happen now they probably will save it all the way until wrestlemania is my guess (although i have been known to be wrong before)

I know, I read this on wwe.com, I just hope his match at SummerSlam takesplace, if not then hopefully they'll keep it on until Survivor Series or even WrestleMania.

I believe that the main people backstage want Orton to win, but Hogan (who has control of the end of his matches) doesn't want it. So he found an easy way out!

ps. Hogan has done a lot for the business, but the best thing he could do for it right now is LEAVE!

Hogan will face Orton...Maybe Hogan will put over Orton...It would be good for Orton too...I would love to see Orton win the match...

Hogan doesn't win all the time, however in the past he has put over wrestlers such as: Kurt Angle, Brock Lesnar, The Rock, The Undertaker (early 90's), Sting, Goldberg (unfortunatley), etc.

For how overrated Hogan is, he did help the company reach new heights. If you look at the buyrates for WrestleMania III, it sold pretty well. Anyways, he did enough for the business, have his ass retire.

there was (as i stated in one of my old treads) no reason for him to come back!!

I found this on a forum. I kinda got some chuckles out of this. Enjoy.

Vince: Hey Terry how you doing?
Hogan: Hey Vince, I'm doing great, just got out of a great work out ready for Summer slam...by the way, hows the booking for summerslam going?
Vince: Yeah about Summer slam...We...uh..we need you to Job to Randy..
Hogan: OH GOD BROTHER! MY KNEE BROTHER etc...

seinfeld83 said:
im not sure what is going to happen here, but all i know is if the match dosnt happen now they probably will save it all the way until wrestlemania is my guess (although i have been known to be wrong before)
Really.....???!

CarnagE said:
I found this on a forum. I kinda got some chuckles out of this. Enjoy.

Vince: Hey Terry how you doing?
Hogan: Hey Vince, I'm doing great, just got out of a great work out ready for Summer slam...by the way, hows the booking for summerslam going?
Vince: Yeah about Summer slam...We...uh..we need you to Job to Randy..
Hogan: OH GOD BROTHER! MY KNEE BROTHER etc...

haha! dude that is pretty funny. yeah, if hogan actually puts randy over then i might have a little more respect for him. i mean this guy is so selfish that he won't even let stone cold win a match. i mean, a match is a match for something that big to happen, stone cold vs. hogan, it doesn't matter who wins. what matters is the whole fight, i mean if they fought till they were dead tired i'd have as much respect for hogan if he lost as stone cold winning the epic battle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back