New Title

Status
Not open for further replies.

sledge450

Pre-Show Stalwart
When TNA Goes prime time, with the 2 hour slot, they are inevitably going to have to introduce a new title, a mid card title (and also a womens title,though thats irelevant) to proceedings, similar to the intercontinental title. Whats your thougts on this? What should it be named? And who do you think should hold it first?

Though i dunno what theyll name it, likely names would include:

1) NWA North American Title
2) NWA Television championship
3) NWA Junior Heavyweight Championship
4) NWA Continental Championship
5) NWA Internet Championship (bobby Roode was the last title holder,hint hint)
6) NWA United States Heavyweight Championship

I think the belt will aslo take 3rd billing in tna, much like the european title did in the wwe a few years back. I think they will continue to push the x division title as the '2nd belt', but will use this to push less high flying, x division style wrestlers such as monty brown,bobby roode etc.

As to who will hold the title, they will inevitibly do a tournament, and id expect it to look something like this:

1) Abyss vs Ron Killings
2) Konnan vs Rhyno
3) 'Primetime' Elix Skipper vs Monty Brown
4) Raven vs Bobby Roode

Semi Finals:

1) Abyss vs Rhyno (Raven Interferes)
2) Monty Brown vs Raven (Abyss Interferes)

Final: Monty Brown vs Rhyno

Winner: Monty Brown

I thought they were going 2 hours?

Its only a 1 night special for there debut on Primetime..

As for there New Title.. It probably wont be until they have the 2 hour show secure and will probably be the TNA Title...

They wouldn't call it the continental or the united states heavyweight as that sound too much like a certain two mid card WWE championships. It isn't so much that they would worry about lawsuits as it is that they probably want to have titles that dont sound like WWE titles if they are going to make new belts.

With the obvious exception of Heavyweight Title, and Tag Team title, i think they should have a more original name for the belt, if it ever comes about, which is a while off. I like your idea of North American title.

Well the Continental title came waaaaaaaaaaay before the WWF intercontinental title. So, really, they have every right to bring the continental title back.

so why all these hype for Tna prime time if its only 1 night, i dont believe it will make a difference if its only for one night unless...it recieves a huge rating boost but other than that y all the fuzz about just 1 primetime night

Because they're moving up. It takes time. You just don't automatically get a two hour time slot immediately. However, I imagine that not long after they move to 9/8CT they'll get a two hour slot.

miabombers said:
so why all these hype for Tna prime time if its only 1 night, i dont believe it will make a difference if its only for one night unless...it recieves a huge rating boost but other than that y all the fuzz about just 1 primetime night

It is not just for one night. The two hour length is four one night, but the timeslot movement is permanent, the show will remain one hour long though with the exception of that one night.

First of all TNA has broke away from the NWA. TNA recognizes the National Wrestling Alliance (NWA) World Heavyweight and World Tag Team Championship as their top titles. Traditionally, NWA world champions regularly defended their titles against local contenders in the various NWA territories. This has rarely been the case since TNA began using the titles in 2002, but TNA has leased the titles from the NWA until 2014, removing these obligations from the champion. Therefore the NWA wouldn't allow for them to use another one of their titles for their show. If TNA wanted another belt they would have to call it something else not associated with the NWA. but if anything a 2 hour show would give them the opportunity to really push their X division.

iamwrestling said:
Well the Continental title came waaaaaaaaaaay before the WWF intercontinental title. So, really, they have every right to bring the continental title back.

I know. My point wasn't about them having the right, I know they do, my point was they probably would not want to ressurect a defunct title that sounds so much like a current WWE title.

I like the TNA Global Title. It sounds a little cheesy, but I still like it.

GentlySpitItOut said:
And what is NWA anyway?

you must be a young fan. The NWA (National Wrestling Alliance) is a company that has been around before WCW and before WWF. WWWF was a part of the NWA for a while, The WWWF broke away from the NWA and became an independent organization away from them. The WWWF (World Wide Wrestling Federation) and Vince Mcmahon Sr. decided to drop a W and become the WWF (World Wrestling Federation). Jim Crockett bought several NWA territoriesand some other territories (not all part of the NWA) and made waht later known as WCW. The WCW and the NWA worked together until WCW thought they could break away and make it w/o the NWA name. The WCW and NWA had an off and on relationship throughout the history of WCW. ECW, originally Eastern Championship Wrestling was a part of the NWA as well. Shane Douglas led the ECW in breaking away from the NWA becoming Extreme Championship Wrestling. After the demise of WCW, and when TNA first came about, they were affiliated with the NWA. As I said earlier TNA also broke away from the NWA but have the rights to their title until 2014.

I know thats a lot and theres much more, but the NWA was around before WWF/E, WCW, and ECW, and everyone in wrestling knows what it is.

tna blows it sucks badly they have the same champion jeff jaret least wwe switches it up every1 in awile u suck tna blows so does kurt angle he wont make it better and till tna goews global lik wwe wwe fans aint getting scared

TNA would need the second hour to ever introduce another title, and with both titles in the wwe having to do with intercontinental or us, they should just call it the TNA Television title.

The only title they should introduce is a Womens title. If they add another mid card title it will only go the same way as WWE's European and Hardcore titles ie worthless.

wwefan101 said:
tna blows it sucks badly they have the same champion jeff jaret least wwe switches it up every1 in awile u suck tna blows so does kurt angle he wont make it better and till tna goews global lik wwe wwe fans aint getting scared

You must be one of those 11 year old kids who all they know is WWE. WWE are basicly a bunch of 12-15 year olds who dont know wrestling. TNA doesnt have ******ed gimmicks. TNA is more realistic the WWE is a joke. I dont understand what you mean by "WWE fans are not scared" WWE doesnt have a steady fan base right now there view audince is mostly little kids. And WWE keeps losing and gaining fans like there is almost no fans left who remember the attitude era. Also, John Cena has been on-again-off-again champion for almost a year. Which is more proof that WWE fans are only little kids because only a kid would be stupid enough to like a W*gger white annyoing want to be rapper from the "Mean streets of Massachusetts". TNA is one of the best promotions TNA is a global promotion from your poorly spelled post you dont know much about wrestling. You can ask any one and they would say TNA is much better then the WWE. TNA is growing. WWE sucks it is horrible Vince Mcmahon and the WWE turned professional wrestling into a joke!

Anyway....

The TNA Internet title sounds great they also need to have the TNA Hardcore title.

The North American Title sounds good and i think they should push Bobby Roode fro the belt but with the show still only being a hour 2 titles are too much now why should there be a 3rd....too soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back