New Talent Debuting at Genesis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe's Gonna Kill You

The Hunt is On
Via PWInsider:

TNA President Dixie Carter wrote on Twitter that she was looking for new talents for TNA to begin a new "Genesis" for the company.

In recent weeks, the company has been reaching out to a number of names that have worked for Ring of Honor in the past as well as currently as well as some independent talents.

It stands to reason we will start to see some of these names popping up soon, possibly even at the Genesis edition of TNA Impact, which will broadcast live next week from Huntsville, Alabama.

If anyone does debut next week who on the Indy's would you like to see?

I was actually just chatting with a friend of mine today who doesn't post here about TNA's perception, and how they so badly need to hit the reset button and finally give the fans what they've been asking for for years — homegrown stars/talent.

I still don't buy the idea that TNA's roster needs to be entirely built from guys who you associate exclusively with the TNA brand, but I do think they would benefit greatly from really giving a lot of young, relative unknowns a platform to build their names under the TNA/IW umbrella. Same as Samoa Joe and AJ Styles did, for example, or how Austin Aries has done. Yes, these men worked for ROH, and yes, some percentage of wrestling fans knew them, but their work on a nationally televised program is what really pushed them over.

Whoever it is who is coming in, I'd hope they'd be in similar situations. Just needing that extra boost, or having enough requisite talent to get themselves over (like Zema Ion, for example).

This should be about hitting the reset button, which is no more appropriate an action to do than at an event called Genesis. A new beginning.

You're already begun, in part, with a revamped Bully Ray. Samuel Shaw has been given a character/angle fans can actually give a shit about (unlike that stupid fucking Cena-Surfer mash-up). There's Ethan Carter III and the revamped Spud, and you can certainly point to the fact that Magnus is the company's world champion. Keep going in this trend. It's the only real "fix" that will mend the fences with fans who in large part feel as apathetic as they ever have to your product.

I wonder if it might not be the debut for the American Wolves as well? Perhaps Extreme Tiger, who reportedly signed with them a month ago or so?

Don't really know, but I do know that they need some homegrown stars, QUICK. Sting is the biggest face in the company and he's like 50 years old. Magnus . . . ruined his credibility and will forever be known as the Russo Heavyweight Champion.

I personally think that they should give EC3 a legend killer type gimmick. Since it seems like they are trying to build an undefeated streak and all of the old guys are on the way out anyways, give him the gimmick to beat guys down as a way to write them out of the company. Give him a shirt with the modified ECW logo with the 3 obviously replacing the logo. The biggest problem with TNA is that they don't know how to build guys up or rather they don't commit to it.

Just please don't let it be someone that is built upon beating nothing but local indie jobbers, that looks entirely weak and pointless to me in this day and age.

I don't mind another "brash young kid" who thinks he's better than everyone else already, but please don't give them that mindset based on beating the dude who runs the local 7-Eleven in whatever town he debuts in.

ReDragon and Dem Boys but they are currently entrenched in RoH right now but down the road definitely.

Adam Cole at some point as well once RoH takes the belt off of him...ok to be honest RoH is filled with guys who could work well for TNA in some capacity.

I would still love one day if it could actually happen to see MsChif on major american TV. Lufisto too.

People would probably hate him but I'd like to see Archibald Peck come in. He's more of a comedy guy and people would argue that they have enough of that already with a guy like Eric Young and guys like Bad Influence who can be funny in a good way but also put on really good matches. I enjoy him though from what I've seen.

Chuck Taylor is another guy I think they should look at. As with Archibald Peck I haven't seen a huge amount of his work but from the stuff I have seen I've enjoyed it.

There have to be some guys from overseas that are good enough to be in TNA. I know he's 32 but maybe they could look at a guy like KENTA. He did some work with Ring Of Honor and they have a t.v. deal in Japan. So having a Japanese guy would probably work in their favor.

I would love to see them bring Paul London and Brian Kendrick in to help the tag division. I know Kendrick never got over as a singles star but they can still be exciting as a tag team. Age might play a factor in this also though if they're looking for younger talent. I'd say these guys are in their prime or at least close to it with London being 33 and Kendrick being 34.

Although the likely hood of any of those happening is probably low those are a few I'd like to see.

I personally think TNA could do with quite a few new faces to help take the company forward. to start with TNA really need to some new Tag teams. The days of the Motor City Machine Guns and Beer Money are far behind them now and the division can not go forward with just two Tag Teams and with Davy Richards say that him Eddie Edwards were heading down to Orlando, We could very well see the American Wolves make a apperance at Genusis. This would be a good move for the company and adding a couple more in the form of the Bravado Brothers and Los Ben Dejos, who I Imagine could be signed on the Cheap and help get the division back on track. As for Singles stars, There are still a lot of tallented guys on the Indy scene that could easily make a difference. To Star with I would sign up Willie Mack, The Guy is awsome to watch and pulls of some Awsome moves for a guy that is the same size if not bigger then Samoa Joe. I am also A Big fan of Chuck Taylor and think he would fit into the X division really Well and with TNA doing a lot of cost cutting as of late, I imagine they would also be well within TNA's price range.

It'll be Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards if it's anybody. If it's not, wouldn't be surprised if it wound up being someone of average talent off the indies who nobody knew about coming in, has talent but won't be used right after about five weeks. E.g. Kenny King and Jay Bradley.

It'll be Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards if it's anybody. If it's not, wouldn't be surprised if it wound up being someone of average talent off the indies who nobody knew about coming in, has talent but won't be used right after about five weeks. E.g. Kenny King and Jay Bradley.

That's the sad thing. Instead of signing new talent they should use some of their existing talent that have done bugger all. I mean before the end of last December, Spud was doing nothing except two matches since he was signed. They should utilise guys like Kenny King and Manik more as they're both good in the ring and good on the mic (at least King is). Heck the only people I'd want them to sign is a tag team or two (American Wolves and/or London & Kendrick) Trent Barretta (or whatever he goes by) and Ivelissez (sp)

They don't need to sign that many new people just a few and utilise some of the talent they're not using right now

Heck the only people I'd want them to sign is a tag team or two (American Wolves and/or London & Kendrick) Trent Barretta (or whatever he goes by) and Ivelissez (sp)

They don't need to sign that many new people just a few and utilise some of the talent they're not using right now

I actually agree with all of these signing ideas, but I think the roster could still need additional signings if they really want to fill out the divisions. I like the idea of signing Trent, but I also wouldn't mind them bringing in Chuck Taylor with him. They have looked good as a team in PWG. And speaking of PWG tag teams, I think bringing back The Young Bucks(GenMe) is also a very needed signing. A tag division consisting of the likes of Bad Influence, BroMans, Wolves, Bucks, plus possible pairings like London/Kendrick or Taylor/Trent could be really entertaining. I also really liked that they brought in Candice LeRae during the Gail Kim open challenges, and I think she would be a good signing for that division.

There was a lot of rumors of interest in signing Lince Dorado earlier in 2013, and he did appear at the X-Travaganza ONO PPV. He could also be a good addition for the X-Division. And related to that are rumors that TNA signed Extreme Tiger after his Xplosion match with Zema last month. He could also be a good depth add for the X-division. And if both were signed, it is reasonable to think that Tiger could possibly take the spot that was rumored to be in the works for TJ Perkins, before he was given the Suicide/Manik mask, and form a cat themed tag team with Dorado.

All of these names are available to sign, none would cost a relatively large sum, and the majority have experience working with TNA. Making these types of roster supplements is how TNA should be spending their money in the new climate of the company.

Here's a talent that has gone unnoticed. He got a try-out as you can see above. He's a very well known Mexican wrestler with years of experience better known as "Extreme Tiger". He would certainly be a fresh face in TNA.

Update:

PWInsider is reporting that TNA officials have been in talks with "The American Wolves" Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards for several weeks now, likely since the duo got word that WWE wouldn't be signing them. It's expected they will be debuting for TNA soon as they have canceled some upcoming independent wrestling dates. It's possible they could appear on Thursday's Genesis event from Huntsville, Alabama.

Really hoping that this true I'm a big fan of The Wolves and I think they could really help the Tag division and a feud with Bad Influence could be excellent

The Wolves are great news, because TNA is in desperate need of new talent for the tag team division. They're a long ways from the days of Beer Money, Inc., Team 3D and the Motorcity Machine Guns.

I'm not sure if they work better as heel or face, but I'd probably rocket them right into a feud with the Bro Mans, right off the bat.

That's the sad thing. Instead of signing new talent they should use some of their existing talent that have done bugger all. I mean before the end of last December, Spud was doing nothing except two matches since he was signed. They should utilise guys like Kenny King and Manik more as they're both good in the ring and good on the mic (at least King is). Heck the only people I'd want them to sign is a tag team or two (American Wolves and/or London & Kendrick) Trent Barretta (or whatever he goes by) and Ivelissez (sp)

I think bringing in new talent is not only about their talent, but trying to hit the reset button on the TNA brand with fans. Bringing in several top indie names is a good way to do that. Nothing they do creatively will get a fair shake otherwise. They could start using the guys you mentioned but people will dig DEEP into the booking to discredit it because it's TNA and people are just bitter.

Looks like this is official.

@TNADixie:
Just hung up the phone...

New talents coming to #Genesis in Huntsville.

Thursday 9/8c on @SpikeTV

--

All I keep seeing everywhere the last week is The American Wolves, but either way, I'm glad at least one new act (tag team or not) will be joining the company. As I noted earlier, I think they need to do a lot of conceding to fans this year in giving them guys who they can really identify with as part of the TNA brand.

Fresh faces. Not just fresh to TNA faces.

https://twitter.com/TNADixie/status/423594437995159552/photo/1

Dixie Carter promised a hint as to who the new debuting talent would be at Genesis if she got enough re-tweets. And she delivered.

BeDo5Z3IYAAxitW.jpg

If that doesn't indicate that The American Wolves(Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards) are debuting then it's a very clever swerve by Dixie; however, if it does mean the obvious then I'm really happy to see Davey and Eddie joining TNA. And I hope they can start a program with Bad Influence as soon as possible.

Also Matt Jackson put out a tweet today asking if people remembered when his name used to be Max, maybe that only came up because of the TNA Tag-themed ONO PPV that is airing, but it could conceivably be stretched to be a hint at a possible return to TNA for GenMe.

The Wolves I'm legitimately psyched for based on how stark the TNA tag division is these days, but I really hope Rockers Ultra-lite (GenMe) aren't coming back. They did nothing for me, at all. Just utterly unremarkable, unbelievable performers. Great for spots, I guess, but the take-home product is pretty crappy with them.

The Wolves I'm legitimately psyched for based on how stark the TNA tag division is these days, but I really hope Rockers Ultra-lite (GenMe) aren't coming back. They did nothing for me, at all. Just utterly unremarkable, unbelievable performers. Great for spots, I guess, but the take-home product is pretty crappy with them.

I think they'll be fine being IWGP Jr. Tag Team Champions in New Japan while working for ROH and DGUSA.

See, this is an opportunity to revitalize the tag division. Bring in The American Wolves (and keep the fucking name), bring back GenMe (hopefully they smartened up), do whatever you can to bring back Alex Shelley (reforming The Guns), find some team we've never seen before, keep Kaz & Daniels, keep Godderz and Robbie E.

Either way, signing the Wolves will mean NOTHING if the Division remains in shambles. They'll just use this to springboard to the WWE otherwise, which might happen regardless of what TNA does with them.

Davey Richards though is amazing in my opinion. He's a guy they can push to singlers Main Event status for sure. It's rare these days that we get a guy who looks like he can snap someone's neck in real life. He's one of those.

DR and EE? Either this is an internet swerve to get people to watch the show or it's actual. The latter of which seems more exciting. Edwards and Richards would be like Austin Aries. They're new but they don't need to roam around the mid-card for too long because of their current experience. That's a great thing. With Angle and Sting way past their prime, Hardy on vacation and the departure of AJ Styles, bringing in two more is fantastic for their Heavyweight Division. Both of these men would be capable of having a great match with the likes of Bobby Roode, Austin Aries and James Storm. I just hope they also can put on the rough-guy act.

While many here are complaining about them not having any competition as the American Wolves, I wouldn't be too concerned. All they'll need to do for their time as mid-carders is face off with a few tag teams and then face Bad Influence. With the talent from both teams, the American Wolves would most likely be escalated to the upper-card. Dixie did say that several talents are arriving so I'm pretty sure they'll have opponents to face in their first few weeks until their likely match with Bad Influence at Lockdown.

Overall, I hope to see "new blood" (as IDR said) debut at Genesis. And I mean a good amount to fill their mid-card. Crimson, Matt Morgan, Joey Ryan and others were released during the few months TNA was on the road and live. Now that they don't do any of those, I'm pretty sure they're able to pay for new talent.

If this is some internet swerve it could be an massive backfire for TNA. They need to deliver big time tonight.

The Wolves don’t need to just debut but make a major splash. Shake up the Impact world and put the tag titles on them tonight. It is a bright new face for casual fans and lights a fire under the asses of diehard fans.

Along with online reports(that I'm not sure the credibility of) that Richards and Edwards are in Huntsville right now, there was also this tweet for James Storm:

When @TNADixie said something about "SOME" new faces, WOW.... . Going to be a surprising night at #Genesis
https://twitter.com/Cowboy_J_Storm

Hopefully this is an indication of an influx of the much needed "new blood" that has been discussed in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back