• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

New Play on an Old Storyline!

FTWChamp

Occasional Pre-Show
With all the injuries and all the talk on the board about this being the perfect time to push the youth of the company on this and other boards, I have an idea that would accomplish both of these feats. I would love to hear your guy's opinions on this. How about we have something like a New Breed/New Blood storyline line but have it spanning over all 3 brands. Of course there would be one big difference; instead of having one group that this group of young talent fought i.e. the Originals or the Millionaire's Club they would fight all those in the brands who opposed them. This would blur the lines of heels and faces but really pushed some guys that truly deserved to be in the spotlight.

Another big difference would be not to re-use the names that have already been put in place for these groups. This is one big part of this storyline I'd like to hear imput on. I was thinking something about Suicydal Youth but I don't know if that has the ring I'm looking for. The group, once it is up to full force would week after week attack established stars and would also blur the lines of shoot/work with their interviews and actions much like Russo would do at times with the New Blood. This would split the fans down the middle about who they were going to cheer. Would they cheer for the heels and faces that were in this new group or would they cheer for the heels and faces of the established stars? Now of course just like the storylines before not all of the guys in the group would catch on with the fans like expected, but it could catapult some guys if done correctly.

I think the group should consist of a good group of heels and faces throughout all 3 brands and be led by there overall leader/manager Mr. Kennedy (would be in a manager's role b/c of his injury....possibly coming out in a wheelchair to give him more of a brooding leader feel). He would then have 3 guys directly under him for each show:

Carlito (Raw)
Shelton Benjamin (Switching over to Smackdown)
C.M. Punk (ECW)

The group would then be comprised of the Hardy Boyz, M.V.P., Elijah Burke, Charlie Haas, and Paul Burchill. This group would be very bloodthirsty and constantly break kayfabe mentioning constantly how they are being held back, not being paid as much as some of the assholes in this sport who couldn't wrestle their way out of a paper bag, etc.

This group could have it's beginnings by stretching out attacks and ruining a main event/title match on every show over the span of a week. We could have a re-match after Judgement Day of Cena/Khali when this new group hits the ring and all nine men totally devestate the man who overcomes all odds and the man that cannot be stopped leaving them both in a bloody mess.

Then on Tuesday night we could see some sort of main event between RVD/Lashley, the winner getting a legimate title shot against Vince Mcmahon only being ruined by none other Suicydal Youth. Both men are left bloody in the ring. Vince comes down to congratulate them on their work but the group does a shoot style interview about not doing this for Vince, your the root of the problem....blah blah blah.

On Friday Night we see some sort of main event on Smackdown with say Edge and Batista. Again the nine men enter the right during the main event and totally lay waste to both men. The fans are confused, the announcers act confused, the other wrestlers are confused. The group is attacking heels and faces and no one has a clue as to why or what is going on. Keep in mind, all the while Kennedy is not seen but a few mentions are made of him appearing on Raw the next Monday with an update on his condition and his "depression".

We arrive at Raw on Monday night. Suicydal Youth is seen making there way through the hallways talking to some of the younger talent in the locker room, obviously trying to recruit. No ties have been made with Kennedy as of yet.

The time comes for Kennedy to address the crowd. He is in a wheel chair, crutches in hand and is wheeled to the ring by a random diva. Once he gets to the ring he is helped inside the ring and stands on crutches looking like a broken, beaten man. The crowd gives him a good response as they are happy to see him back in the ring.

As he begins to address the crowd, he begins to get choked up. As this happens Carlito's music comes over the P.A. and he makes his way to the ring. He comes out berating Kennedy and bullying him as Kennedy hops on his crutches over to the corner. Carlito continues to berate him about why he is in his ring and why Kennedy has come to his show? Calito then takes a crutch away from Kennedy who is now propped up on a turnbuckle hobbling. Benjamin has made his way to ringside by this time and tosses Carlito a chair. Carlito rairs back to swing as Cena makes his way down to the ring. Cena clothslines Shelton on the outside and hits the ring. Carlito and Cena start trading punches and Cena gets the upper hand. Kennedy waits til Cena has his back turned and crotches him with a crutch, then breaks the crutch over Cena's face. The crowd is shocked. Kennedy then hobbles over to the turnbuckle again and watches as the duo of Carlito/Benjamin continue to pummel Cena. This goes on for awhile and Khali makes is way to the ring. The crowd is somewhat cheering Khali's arrival. The two men see Khali making his way to the ring to assist Cena and quickly help Kennedy out of the ring. At that moment the rest of the group hit the ring and they help Shelton and Carlito dismantle the two main eventers of Raw again.

This beating goes on for awhile until both men are absolutely pouring with blood. Suicydal Youth is in the middle of the ring, standing over there fallen victims celebrating there dominance. This group has a run for months of totally dominating the more experienced stars by hook or by crook. The group would eventually come to an end of course with some sort of power struggle. What do you guys think so far of this storyline?

I like it a lot my friend, very interesting as far as I see especially it's potential to push the younger guys. Nice work

that sounds like an amazing story line, i mean if they could think that far ahead that sounds like somthing i would pay to see, my one worry is that it sounds like it woudl leave no room for other story lines. what else could be going on, like nWo took up the most of the story line in wcw, but there were others. i cant really see much else story line wise being as how the midcard would be promoted to main event status with this story line. i could be wrong but im just saying

this sounds good, it sounds better than watching boring wrestling like the great khali and " the somoan bulldozer".. i think wwe needs to start bringin up mid carders such as shelton benjamin and carlito etc and this storyline sounds good.

Thanks guys. Yeah good point about it taking up all the time for storylines. I don't know how to fix that unless there were just certain guys on the roster that did not get involved in the storylines and had there own storylines but that's a very good point. I really appreciate the imput.

That's actually pretty good.How I wish guys like you were the ones who did writing for the WWE,not the boned-head creative team they have!

The storyline is pretty good and would be entertaining, but it would never happen. To destroy and put down one main eventer for storyline purposes is one thing, but to dismantle six of them or more in a course of a week, including a guy that they've been building for years now, an unstoppable monster they've been building for almost a year, the new champion, etc... frankly I wouldn't want them to do that in the course of a week either. It's a good storyline but I think there's too much risk of causing irreparable damage to more than one main-eventer, especially when they're being beaten up by guys who were jobbing the week before.

i juss dont think wwe could do this, theres juss not enough room at the top for more than maybe5 or 6 on each brand. they need the mid carders for exactly that, to fill up the middle of shows. the bigger stars are the ones that are more involved in the story telling because frankly they could never put on a decent match over 10 mins.

if they were gonna push certain guys, i would pick the guys that have been in wrestling for a long time and havent been really used to well (benoit, kane, val venis, chavo, finaly,regal,booker t)

i'm sure in time the hardys, benjamin, carlito, hass and all the others will get there reign, but i think the guys that i mentioned above deserve better pushes first.

The storyline is pretty good and would be entertaining, but it would never happen. To destroy and put down one main eventer for storyline purposes is one thing, but to dismantle six of them or more in a course of a week, including a guy that they've been building for years now, an unstoppable monster they've been building for almost a year, the new champion, etc... frankly I wouldn't want them to do that in the course of a week either. It's a good storyline but I think there's too much risk of causing irreparable damage to more than one main-eventer, especially when they're being beaten up by guys who were jobbing the week before.

I appreciate the criticism and I did write this late last night but just to let you know what I was going for was not the guys that were jobbing last week dominating main eventers but for it to be more of a gang mentality attack each show. I thought by having nine guys beat up two main eventers on each show it wouldn't take away from the credibility of the guys being attacked. It would be overwhelming odds that the main eventers were up against. I do see what your saying though about it never happening, I just think it would be a fresh idea but again thanks for the imput.

Im going to critique each part, don't take it personally but this is the best way to do the critique of this properly.

With all the injuries and all the talk on the board about this being the perfect time to push the youth of the company on this and other boards, I have an idea that would accomplish both of these feats. I would love to hear your guy's opinions on this. How about we have something like a New Breed/New Blood storyline line but have it spanning over all 3 brands. Of course there would be one big difference; instead of having one group that this group of young talent fought i.e. the Originals or the Millionaire's Club they would fight all those in the brands who opposed them. This would blur the lines of heels and faces but really pushed some guys that truly deserved to be in the spotlight.?

The actual idea is a good one but this is still too soon after the New Breed/Originals feud to be viable unless this somehow ties in with the New Breed storyline, even though the New Breed seems to be winding down right now. But the concept is a sound one though.

Another big difference would be not to re-use the names that have already been put in place for these groups. This is one big part of this storyline I'd like to hear imput on. I was thinking something about Suicydal Youth but I don't know if that has the ring I'm looking for. The group, once it is up to full force would week after week attack established stars and would also blur the lines of shoot/work with their interviews and actions much like Russo would do at times with the New Blood. This would split the fans down the middle about who they were going to cheer. Would they cheer for the heels and faces that were in this new group or would they cheer for the heels and faces of the established stars? Now of course just like the storylines before not all of the guys in the group would catch on with the fans like expected, but it could catapult some guys if done correctly.?

Personally I would name each brands one seperately and have them all linked to some shadowy leader, this would be the way of keeping them linked but seperate at the same time. would the attacks be mass assaults on the established guy? or would it be one guy giving a beat down of an established wrestler?. would this just be mid card talent that is established that gets the beat down to start with? these are questions that would need answering before this could take place. Would it be a gradual build up of attacks? or would it start all at once?

I think the group should consist of a good group of heels and faces throughout all 3 brands and be led by there overall leader/manager Mr. Kennedy (would be in a manager's role b/c of his injury....possibly coming out in a wheelchair to give him more of a brooding leader feel). He would then have 3 guys directly under him for each show:

Carlito (Raw)
Shelton Benjamin (Switching over to Smackdown)
C.M. Punk (ECW)

The group would then be comprised of the Hardy Boyz, M.V.P., Elijah Burke, Charlie Haas, and Paul Burchill. This group would be very bloodthirsty and constantly break kayfabe mentioning constantly how they are being held back, not being paid as much as some of the assholes in this sport who couldn't wrestle their way out of a paper bag, etc.?

I like the Ideas of the leaders on each show, but as for your choices of who is in them I would leave out the Hardyz as they are well established, I would use the cruisers in this way with the exceptions of Gregory Helms, Chavo Guerrero and Scotty 2 Hotty, they wouldd be in the established stars list. But this is a solid part of the plan although I would not openly acknowledge Kennedy as the leader, I would keep the leader secret as I have said before. This would add intrigue to the story with people wondering who it would be.

This group could have it's beginnings by stretching out attacks and ruining a main event/title match on every show over the span of a week. We could have a re-match after Judgement Day of Cena/Khali when this new group hits the ring and all nine men totally devestate the man who overcomes all odds and the man that cannot be stopped leaving them both in a bloody mess.?

This would be too soon for this to occur as a storyline as potentially big as this needs to be drawn out slowly to gain interest in it over a long period of time. This would also make the shows extremely predictable so it would be better if they made a random appearance and interference on one show to start with and create a domino effect and then you have the beginnings of each shows cell of this faction.

Then on Tuesday night we could see some sort of main event between RVD/Lashley, the winner getting a legimate title shot against Vince Mcmahon only being ruined by none other Suicydal Youth. Both men are left bloody in the ring. Vince comes down to congratulate them on their work but the group does a shoot style interview about not doing this for Vince, your the root of the problem....blah blah blah.?

nice idea but it would ruin any cred that Lashley had, I like the idea of a worked shoot promo about Vince being th cause of the problem. But the way I see it happening is in another way not in the way that ends up being derogatory to all the work that they have done for promoting the main eventers.

On Friday Night we see some sort of main event on Smackdown with say Edge and Batista. Again the nine men enter the right during the main event and totally lay waste to both men. The fans are confused, the announcers act confused, the other wrestlers are confused. The group is attacking heels and faces and no one has a clue as to why or what is going on. Keep in mind, all the while Kennedy is not seen but a few mentions are made of him appearing on Raw the next Monday with an update on his condition and his "depression".?

Again not the best way to do it. But it is more a waste of the large amount of work that they have done on the main eventers. It also appears that this an nWo type faction, in that the wrestlers are either established or in the new group.

We arrive at Raw on Monday night. Suicydal Youth is seen making there way through the hallways talking to some of the younger talent in the locker room, obviously trying to recruit. No ties have been made with Kennedy as of yet.?

The time comes for Kennedy to address the crowd. He is in a wheel chair, crutches in hand and is wheeled to the ring by a random diva. Once he gets to the ring he is helped inside the ring and stands on crutches looking like a broken, beaten man. The crowd gives him a good response as they are happy to see him back in the ring.?

As he begins to address the crowd, he begins to get choked up. As this happens Carlito's music comes over the P.A. and he makes his way to the ring. He comes out berating Kennedy and bullying him as Kennedy hops on his crutches over to the corner. Carlito continues to berate him about why he is in his ring and why Kennedy has come to his show? Calito then takes a crutch away from Kennedy who is now propped up on a turnbuckle hobbling. Benjamin has made his way to ringside by this time and tosses Carlito a chair. Carlito rairs back to swing as Cena makes his way down to the ring. Cena clothslines Shelton on the outside and hits the ring. Carlito and Cena start trading punches and Cena gets the upper hand. Kennedy waits til Cena has his back turned and crotches him with a crutch, then breaks the crutch over Cena's face. The crowd is shocked. Kennedy then hobbles over to the turnbuckle again and watches as the duo of Carlito/Benjamin continue to pummel Cena. This goes on for awhile and Khali makes is way to the ring. The crowd is somewhat cheering Khali's arrival. The two men see Khali making his way to the ring to assist Cena and quickly help Kennedy out of the ring. At that moment the rest of the group hit the ring and they help Shelton and Carlito dismantle the two main eventers of Raw again.?

This beating goes on for awhile until both men are absolutely pouring with blood. Suicydal Youth is in the middle of the ring, standing over there fallen victims celebrating there dominance. This group has a run for months of totally dominating the more experienced stars by hook or by crook. The group would eventually come to an end of course with some sort of power struggle. What do you guys think so far of this storyline?

I like the way you have Cena getting demolished in this way, but the main criticsm that I have of this is that it is pretty much a different view of the nWo in WCW. This is probably not the best thing to imitate as it is arguably the most successful angle of all time. But the thing I have a problem with is the dominance of this group, they are mid and lower card wrestlers right now, why should they have absolute dominace over the established guys, a good storyline would have a struggle that is fairly even though one side is winning and the other side is lossing.

Shadowdancer very sound and very good advice on this storyline. I see exactly what you are saying about rushing this and I do like the idea of not letting the fans know who is behind this at once. I guess it wouldn't be a bad idea to get rid of the Hardys and replace them with some other guys. I was thinking of putting them in to help push them to main event guys in singles status but it would be better to have a younger tag team going after tag gold instead of the Hardy's. Good criticism and I didn't take it personally. It's just like my job at work...I don't know if you've heard of a one minute repremand but it's pretty much telling the person what they messed up on but also what they did right. You did a good job with that. Much better than those that just openly criticize and will not say what works and doesn't work. Thanks for the advice.

rofl....Shadowdancer..

Personally, I don't think any one storyline, new, old, or a new take on it can vitalize the WWE like they once could. The days of a feud elevating the product are over IMO. The only way I could see a feud pushing the WWE back into a mainstream level would be something huge between two great wrestlers who could produce a series of amazing matches---say HBK and Chris Benoit in a MAIN EVENT feud on Raw or Smackdown, no mid card bullshit, if they were to feud it would have to be top level and the top story IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back