Time for a new Radicalz

Showtime

It's Showtime!
The year was 2000 and there sitting in the WWE audience was four of WCW's stars Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, Dean Malenko and Perry Saturn. God I miss when WCW was around, it was always so much more of a big deal when stars from WWEorWCW switched shows, that and constant spoilers kill it now, but that's another rant. The Radicalz may not have been quite as successful as the WWE may have wanted them to be, (individually they did quite well), but they came with great buzz and shook things up in the WWE immediatly and for the next year. I was thinking about this earlier and thought, wouldn't it be cool if something like that happened again. What if WWE, instead of firing off single bullets of new talent, what if they signed a few TNA/ROH or other big star outside of WWE and put them in a stable.
So the question, what 3 or 4 wrestlers outside of the WWE would you want to see put together in a stable in the WWE? Why? and What show(s) would you want them to be on? You can also add 1 or 2 wrestlers in the WWE to the stable.
My picks would be MCMG, Tomko, Austin Aries/Starr, and Carlito. The teams gimmick would be that of a bunch of renegades, a knockoff DX. Since I am a fan of the idea of the brands merging, I would like to see this group cross the line and interfer on all shows, but with Carlito's connection they could also make SD their home. Carlito would be the mouth piece of the group and would debu a new gimmick, Tomko is muscle of the group, MCMG make up the tag team part of the group and I would pick them for any reason to come to the WWE, their an amazing tagteam and WWE could use more tag teams like them. I haven't seen many Austin Aries matches, but from what I've seen, he could fit the mold of the group well, plus I wanted a singles wrestler who was smaller than Carlito and wouldn't overshadow him right away. I also considered Gregeory Helms for Austin Aries spot and R-Truth for Carltio's
So... what's everyone else's Radicalz of 08?

The Radicalz going to WWE was definitely a shocker and perhaps was a contributor to the downfall of WCW. Today, I don't think a group similar to the Radicalz would make that much of an iMPACT! (pun intended) due to spoilers and all that. That being said, the Radicalz didn't actually do much in the way of making their mark on the sport as a team after their initial shocker appearance. Sure, Malenko, Eddie, Benoit and to some degree Perry Saturn had good singles careers after the break-up of the Radicalz, but as a group, they never really made a big splash. But enough about that.

If, and I repeat if there were to be a new Radicalz with TNA talent, I'd like to see Bobby Roode, Matt Morgan, AJ Styles and Chris Sabin. Morgan would be Saturn, Roode would be Eddie, Styles would be Malenko and Sabin would be Benoit. They'd use their four different styles (no pun intended this time) and dirty tactics to conquer everything. That'd be great. But it's not likely to happen. But then again, as this is a wish thread, I'd really'd like to see that.

Problem is, is that they'd want to change all the guys who jumped ship into WWE superstars. I really wish we were watching colt cabana and not scotty goldman.

If it were tna guys they'd blatantly change all of them into something else entirely. However, if it were ROH guys, they might just keep them as they are, but still probably not.

It would probably make ratings increase somewhat for a week or two, but once wwe stopped putting thought into how to use them (mush like they did with the Radicalz), and the novelty wore off then half of them would be wished all the best and maybe one would actually make it to at least mid-card status b4 he got sick of it all and went to tna

I think the problem with the idea is that there's no wrestlers like the radicalz with enough name power to make the jump. WCW was dying at the time but it was still ahead of where TNA is now. TNA and ROH guys just don't have the name power to come together like that and make a jump. I thought the original move was significant because it was like the final nail in the coffin for them. There was such a shock seeming the guy that the night before became the world heavyweight champion show up on Raw the next day along with the core of the midcare that I don't think it coudl be duplicated again.

It wouldn't work.Why?At least WCW could actully gave WWE Competition.ROH barely gets by and TNA is getting 1.0's all the time.RAW is getting 3.0's.I wonder what would happen if we brought in some TNA guys?Yeah.Anyone remember Braden Walker?Point Proven.

If you really wanted a new Radicalz you'd want some guys from FCW.Maybe Colt Cabana(maybe him as leader?Tell people he's bringing in some friends?;)), Afa Jr , Jake Hager and one more.These guys are being billed as the future.So lets see if they can really step up to the plate.

With the impending return of Sid, would it not be an idea for him to lead in a new stable of wrestlers? He has the star power to make people notice what the group were trying to acheive and the mic skills to get the message across to the fans.

I like dj supreme's roster of stars but it needs a big name to lead the group in the early days so perhaps once they had got over they could further elevate the heel status by turning on the man who had given them their big break. I know the whole new/old school thing has been done before but giving Sid a stable of legends to lead into battle against his "ungratefull" stars would make interesting viewing.

This would also help elevate the next generation of stars especially if they were to win the fued with Sid's legends and go on to hold all the major titles for a while (ie world, tag and ic).

There is no doubt Colt Cabana has great mic skills but giving him the lead of the group once they have turned on Sid would give him time to get his character across to the fans before he has the responsibility to get others over.

A good idea wouldve been to wait to debut Chris Harris, Ron Killings, Colt Cabana and Gail Kim until like around September and let them keep their wrestler names and personalities as they were in TNA/ROH instead of passing them off as random 'new' talent.

And you know how every few months the Hardy Boys team up to face another team?
Yeah, well during that match the TNA guys could beat up the Hardyz after the match, but then get chased out of the arena by 'security.'
This would continue in every Hardy Boy match for the next 3 weeks until the issue is finally addressed.

Idk if thats a good idea or not, but it seems like a GREAT way to debut/get noticed/pushed.

I like this idea. Green rep for you. There are several stable threads, but this is the best idea.

I would have to set the ground rule that no one receiving a push in TNA would be eligible. They wouldn't leave.

I would take the Guns, Gail Kim, Homicide (LAX's push is over), and Tomko, with Mick Foley as their mouth piece.

The story goes that Mick is mad at WWE for repeatedly giving the same guys title pushes. John Cena has been given chance after chance to get the belt, yet he is still given more opportunities. He didn't even have to qualify for the scramble. Rey Mysterio, who is talented and popular, only got a chance because of injury. If talented guys like Rey can't get a chance, then he will bring in more talented guys. He is here to change the WWE. John Cena may win, but the fans boo him because he knows five moves. This is where he unleashes the Guns on Cryme Tyme. Sabin and Shelley do all their flippy shit and chase Cryme Tyme from the ring. Cryme Tyme don't know what to think, and they bail. Mick then comes out later and Tomko interferes in a Batista match, just throwing him everywhere. He would say that Tomko's time in Japan has taught him how to dominate. Later on he could come back and unleash Gail Kim. No story needed. Finally, at the end of the night, in a Randy Orton/Kofi Kingston match, Homicide runs out and out Kofi's Kofi and hits the Gringo Killer on Orton.

The next week, there is a 10 person tag, but instead of burying the invaders, they let them win, cleanly. Now you have suitable women's, tag, IC, and HW contenders, with one of the best on the stick backing them.

[/rant]

I just don't think this would work. Back then, pretty much everyone who watched WWF watched WCW. That's completely different now. A lot of TNA fans watch WWE but I'd say the majority of WWE fans do not watch TNA. So none of these guys would be super over.

The only way I could see this working is if Christian came back to WWE and brought some guys with him. It would be on JR/Cole/whoever to put over each guy though and make them seem like superstars. I really think this would only work if it were maybe Christian, AJ, Chris Daniels, and Joe, AND they would need a big push.

This would work much better with the "second generation" stable idea.

As for the Carlito comment, I'm not sure why he's thrown in there since he's already in WWE. And as for Sid, he's useless to me. He's just another big guy but gets pushed more. I don't think he brings that much to the table today and don't think he's a big name anymore; young fans don't know him and old fans likely won't care.

The problem has been stated. Who in TNA has the name power to come over, and actually would? One idea would not necessarily be like the Radicalz...but if by some miracle Team 3D returns to WWE, and they show the Dudley Boyz in the crowd, and they just start going on a rampage putting everyone through tables, that could work. But that is unlikely. Again...there is only one man on the TNA Roster who has the name cred., the history to back it up, the ability to make an impact, and has not already been on the WWE Roster. The problem is, that man is Sting.

I don't think we need a new Radicalz. But if there would be, you need Sid to lead, and AJ Styles to come over. Those are the only names in TNA with enough to come over and make that impact.

id pick guys who WERENT in wwe before that are returning.for the new radicals id have them take kenny dysktra be like a leader or whatever & have him bring in the motor city machine guns or jay lethal or have them call up jake hager.throw in soembody from roh not named nigel mcguiness & it's set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back