NCAA Football Week 3 LD - Welcome back, FSU?

Megatron

Justin Verlander > You
Yes it's another week, another LD of college football. This definitely looks like it has the best slate of games of the first month of the year. There's many watchable matchups throughout the day, some highlights -

WVU/MD
Auburn/Clemson
MSU/ND
UCLA/Texas
UT/Florida
OSU/Miami
ASU/Illinois
Stanford/Zona

and the Headliner - #1 Oklahoma going to Tallahassee to take on the #5 Florida State Seminoles. It'll be interesting too see if we can finally declare FSU as 'back' to the elite. This is certainly as good of an opportunity as they'll get.

damnit. Touchdown Penn State. Went for it on 4th and 1 from the Temple 3, get the first down, then run it in from 1.5 yards out.

If Muhammad Wilkerson was still at Temple instead of the Jets they wouldn't have gotten the first down.

PSU up 4, 2:45 to go.

Penn State tried and tried to give the game away, but Temple just wouldn't take it.

Penn State's kneeling on it now. Lucky to escape, as they made mistake after mistake after mistake. Temple was better for 55 minutes, but unfortunately for them, the game is 60 minutes.

holy fuck, UMD came back!!

and I wouldve laughed laughed laaauuugghed if PSU would have lost
don't sleep on Temple. They aren't terrible. They used to be, but have improved greatly, and now are a pretty decent team. Besides, PSU deserved to lose the game. They were clearly outplayed.

^ I think a certain poster isn't happy with that result. Notre Dame looked real good after the 1st Quarter.
Other then Tommy Rees, they looked good all 4 quarters. The team that played better won today. ND totally outplayed Michigan State.

And I think the only one who didn't think ND knew Michigan State was faking that 2nd quarter field goal was Michigan State. Commentary was all over it right away, Brian Kelly was clearly telling everyone they were faking it, and they still faked it. Not a good move, they would have been better off just going for it with the offense or actually kicking a (relatively) uncontested Field Goal.

MSU brought a D performance tonight. The OLine was just dominated by ND's front 7 and that was pretty much the deciding factor. They couldn't establish a run, which pretty much had them playing catchup down two scores from midway through the second. Then they tried getting cute with the Fake FG (which I hated) and reverses/wildcat early in the 3rd right after they got first downs which killed their drives.

Their gameplan wasn't great either. ND's front 7 is quite strong, so they should've passed to set up the run to spread out ND's LBs and get some draws. Their line isn't what they want to be like yet (like a Wisconsin type) so they should've started with their strengths and had Kirk pass earlier on then he did. And the penalties killed them.

With that being said, had Keyshawn kept going on that INT pass and they scored it still would've been a game with 4 to go. They played awful (while ND didn't play great to start, once they got in a groove they were pretty good) and were in it till that INT.

This team has a lot of work to do on the O-line, but luckily for their defense, there's not a receiver in the Big 10 that's as dangerous as Floyd is, and he killed us for a good part of the game. They'll definitely need to improve on getting the run game going, but again only Nebraska and Wisconsin (that are on MSU's schedule) have better D-Lines then ND's does. This loss does anger me because we shot ourselves in teh foot quite a bit and never found a groove, but they have 2 weeks to prepare for OSU (with a cupcake game against CMU in between that) and if they don't play better there I'll be shocked.

Disappointed, but not as disappointed as if it was a loss against a contender in the Big Ten (like Wisconsin or Nebraska). I never thought they were going undefeated, but they still have more then enough talent to get 9 or 10 wins. Just have a lot of work to do on the run game.

Jesus Christ.

FSU Receiver Kenny Shaw was knocked unconscious on a play. Stretchered off the field.

Not good at all. Apparently helmet to helmet from both sides.

EDIT: They just said he has movement in his extremities. Thank God.

EDIT 2: He lost consciousness on the field, then got it back, and has movement in his extremities. Still going to the hospital for X-Rays

So. Carolina pulled one out against Navy (like 15 minutes ago). If they're the class of the SEC East, whoever comes out of the West is gonna stomp on them in the championship game.

So. Carolina pulled one out against Navy (like 15 minutes ago). If they're the class of the SEC East, whoever comes out of the West is gonna stomp on them in the championship game.
Don't underestimate Navy. They are a solid football team, with a vastly different offensive style then every other team the Gamecocks (or any other team for that matter) play.

That, and good luck to any SEC team trying to corral Marcus Lattimore. He's a fucking beast.

13-3 OU at the half. Amazing, considering how many times FSU tried to give the game away.

Sup guys, just poking my head in here at halftime. OU is looking solid on defense, but we have the same problem from last year where we couldn't score in the red zone. We get too conservative, we need to play like the game isn't won yet, instead of running it down the middle like we are 20 points up. OU looks solid other than that, and I hope Shaw is okay. On that note I'm pretty positive it was a fumble, but it's whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back