18. Wisconsin
19. Clemson
20. Illinois
21. Cincinnati
22. Oregon
23. Texas Tech
24. Michigan
25. Oregon State

Figured I would be the beast to spearhead the main thread for my 2nd favorite sport, college football. A lot of pundits right now are currently pitting Georgia against Ohio Stae as our National championship, which is something I will scoff at. It makes me wonder how people can sleep on USC two years in a row.. The team has had excellent recruiting classes, and has 7 returning starters on defense. And I cant see Ohio State's weak ass, who never beats anyone of note, taking down USC AT THE COLISEUM in week 2. On the other hand, going undefeated in the SEC is an epic task, so im not totally sold on Georgia either, although they are probably the most talented team in the nation.

Early projections

National Championship

USC Vs FLorida

Heisman

Pat White, QB, WVU
Tim Tebow, QB, Florida
Knowshawn Moreno, HB, Georiga
Beanie Wells, HB, Ohio State

Sleeper of the year

Texas Tech

Come one, come all.

It's been far too long since I've seen college football and it can't come soon enough for me. As it does every year, the national championship flows through the SEC. The SEC is by far the toughest confrence top to bottom in the country. This year, Georgia the team to be it seems, however I can't picture them leaving Jacksonville as anything other than Gator food. Teabow had his breakout year last season and if this year is anything like that, Florida could win it's 2nd title in 3 years. LSU as the defending champion will be a force to be reckoned with. OSU, as always, will be built up by ESPN as the national champion contenders, only to choke in the pressure. USC is always a threat and I still want to see them take on a top SEC team. It'll be interesting to see how teams such as Kansas and Missouri do. Was last year a flash in the pan for both teams or are they the real deal? BC at #10 is too high to me with Matt Ryan being gone. Not saying they're not top 25 worthy, but still overrated to me. This season could have a lot of interesting storylines to go along with it and I can't wait for kickoff.

Everyone is sleeping on Oregon.. They would have been national champs last year, but have you ever seen a team so plauged by injuries? Pretened that they were the colts.. Oregon lost so much talent.. It would be like playing with Bob Sanders, Dwight Freeney, Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison, then FINALLY Peyton going down.. That sucked. But, this year they have a ton of returning talent. They lost Dixon and Stewart. Ouch. But, they have an awesome 3 RB attack, a top 5 pass defense, a great d-line. Eh, it all depends on the QB though.

Oregon won't be able to do anything without Dennis Dixon there to lead them. He was the sole reason they did so well last year IMO, and it was his injury that really took away Oregon's dreams of winning a National Championship. No one else mattered. And now, he'll never play for them again (he's in the MLB now if I remember correctly) and I highly doubt we'll see Oregon competing for a National Championship again any time soon.

Anyway, I was born and raised in LSU Tiger country. My mom has worked at LSU for over thirty years, and I've had many family members and friends to attend the school. So obviously, they're my team when it comes to college sports. As far as how I think they'll do, I really don't know. We had a decent quarterback in Ryan Perrilloux, but he blew his chance by being a dumb fuck and since he's gone now, I'm not sure how the quarterback situation is. However, our running game, receiving core, and definitely our defense are still very strong and could carry us to a good season. National Championship? Eh, not sure since we're in the toughest division in all of college football. Last year we got very lucky, and this year the competition has only gotten stronger, whereas we've only gotten more doubts. But we'll see. I'm hoping for the best.

Virginia Tech is my favorite team because i used to live on campus. I dont think this year is going to be to bright for them. Clemson is lookind loaded and Tech has too many question marks. With that said my prediction for the title game is Georgia vs USC with Georgia coming out on top. and i would say that Mathew Stafford will win the Hiesman

Man what about my Pitt Panthers? A returning Shady McCoy, a proficient passer in Stull with the mobile back up of Cross. They've had a good recruiting class the last three years and now its there time to shine. They have some question marks but most teams do. We should give them a healthy dose of McCoy. Kinder is returning which should help the passing game and we landed the big recruit in Baldwin plus we have 3 good/ solidi tightends. Anything less than 8 wins would be a Huge Disappointment

...Perhaps I'm still drunk from last night, but did I just see BC ranked at number 10?!?!??!?!?!?

SWEET!

Been an Eagles fan since I was 5 years old and watched my uncle's old beat up VHS copy of the infamous Flutie hail mary. Greatest god damn sports moment, ever.

Witout Matt Ryan however I was fully expecting the AP and ESPN to shit all over the program and expect little to nothing from us. While I don't feel we'll be as good of an offensive team as last year, our defense will continue to be strong.

Ahhh, thank GOD it's football season. Now I can start drinking at noon and have an excuse! (Honey, there's a college football game on!)

Ok I finally have a place to rant on this issue.
Guess what everyone....USC is NOT God's gift to the world. The media need to get off of their nuts, they are just not as good as they say, completely overhyped. There was no dynasty, they won 1 national championship..just one. And that was the only year that they were the best...LSU was better in the split and UT was obviously better the other year. They were not the best last year either...they lost to Stanford, who for years now has been one of the worst teams in the country. The same goes for this year, overrated.

Now, that that's out of the way. I am an LSU fan; I am an LSU student. I'm convinced that it is impossible to have any place like Tiger Stadium on a Saturday night. And the defending champs are still one of the best. As a matter of fact the best 3 teams in the country are all from the best conference in the country, the SEC. Florida, Georgia, and LSU are hands down the best in my opinion and could beat any other team in the country. I fully expect one of the three to be in the national championship (probably Georgia cuz they are just damn good), and the only reason the two who don't end up making will have not is because the 3 will tear each other apart, not to mention Auburn and Alabama plus the rising teams in the conference.
Who else will have a good year though? The winner of USC/Ohio State has a good chance of going unbeaten but more because of the lack of competition in their conferences than how good they are. I think if the Rose Bowl would quit holding on to tradition to protect it's weak teams that end up there or USC would just schedule a top SEC school and not a middle-of-the-road or weak one, then we could finally see how far superior the SEC is.

As for the national championship, it is rather funny to me what I think will happen.
I say Ohio State beats USC just barely (24-20 or so) and go unbeaten. They end up matching up with the SEC Champion Georgia Bulldogs (though as I said Florida and LSU have a good shot) and for the third year in a row to the third different school from the SEC, Ohio State will get blown out.

My Longhorns looked good today. The true test, as always, is the first Saturday of October against Oklahoma.

I agree that the sleeper is Tech. For some reason Texas Tech is to Oklahoma as Kansas State is to Texas. K-State seems to be able to beat Texas when they have no business doing so. Same for Texas Tech. I think this is the year Tech beats Texas (Objectivity) and if they can beat Oklahoma too, they could find their way into the BCS, possibly playing for it all.

My actual prediction is Georgia vs. Oklahoma with Georgia winning. The SEC will be tough, as always, but I think the Dawgs are two touchdowns better than the rest of the league, as long as they avoid a stinker against Florida.

NorCal's Week three picks

ECU @ NC State

Fuck yea. I love ECU. Guys play with a ton of heart, emotion, grit, and they hit hard as fuck. I hope they continue their rise here, which they should. Although NC State is at home, they have been laborious so far this year. ECU should roll, if they arent buying into their own hype. I dont think they are. keep proving it ECU.

Bama @ Arkansas

I gotta see Bama roll tide in this one. Bama looked incredible in week one, and while Arkansas will actually show up to play a football game (unlike Clemson) I dont think they have enough to overcome a more talented, better coached team. I dont think this one will even be close. Roll Tide

Georgia @ AZ State
Georgia has the best pass rush in the SEC. AZST has the worst pass protection in the NATION. Nuff said really. A pretty soft defense as well, taking on the premeire rusher in the nation. This will probably be an ass slaughtering

LSU @ Auburn
Upset of the week. The LSU QB was playing JV for Stanford last year. Welcome to the jungle bitch. Auburn has a VERY fast good defense, and has near the offensive weaponry LSU does. I cant take LSU and that shaky QB at the plains. Just cant do it. Auburn in a close one.

Wake Forest @ FSU
You know, it ay be my Seminole love showing through, but I really belive FSU is gonna do this. In the second year of the coaching regime, and with a new starting QB, I think they will be improved. And the fact they are at home, and havent been able to beat Wake for a few years now. This game is HUGE for FSU trying to re establish dominance, and now that Clemson has revealed itself to be...er Clemson, once again...This division is wide open. FSU can do this. they WILL do this.

Florida @ Tennesse
This might be tougher than appears. Tenn is a very talented team, pissed that they lost to an undermanned UCLA, and are at home. This may be a definate snake pit for Florida. Watch out. That being said, you just cant get me to pick against Tebow, especially when he has a returning fully healthy Percy Harvin this week. Florida FTW, Although it may be a tough one.

There have been four #1's so far this year, and three of the top five lost last weekend. I'd say 2008 is following up 2007 pretty well.

My midseason analysis goes as follows.

To paraphrase ESPN, it looks more like the 1970's than ever before. The top four are Texas, Alabama, Penn St., and Alabama. Searching for Darrell Royal, Bear Bryant, Barry Switzer, and Joe Pat....never mind.

Most surprising team:

5. Texas. They were in no one's top 10 preseason, and now they are consensus #1.

4. Vanderbilt, Northwestern, Duke, Rice- The geeks shall inherit the turf. This goes to show that recruiting intelligence and character can pay off. Well done.

3. Penn St./Oklahoma State Joe Paterno can still recruit, coach, and motivate. Derrick Williams has gone from recruiting bust to Hiesman trophy candidate. Mike Gundy, now a mature and calm 41 has made himself a name outside of youtube. These two undefeateds have thrown quite a monkey wrench into preseason prognosticators.

2. Ball St. - Papa John, David Letterman. Don't use Wiki, find another alumni. And then, not using the internet, name a player. I can't, but they are in the top 25 for the first time ever. We'll see how good they are next month when they play Western Michigan. But congrats guys, you will be the measuring stick for you school forever.

1. Alabama. Huh? No one gave them a shot, but there they sit at #2. Well done Nick Saban. And the reumors are false, he will not be running for Senate in New York.

Biggest Disappointment:

5-1. Michigan. Rich Rodriguez should not bring the spread to the Big 10. It does not work without athletes, and the Big 10 has Clydesdales, not race horses.

Best Team: Texas

Three straight 52-10 wins and a win over Oklahoma, everyone's #1 at 10:50 CST Saturday. This game finished with a 35-15 Texas run over the last 37 minutes. They found a running game, and Colt McCoy vaulted to the top of the Heisman race. If they finish the second half undefeated, this could be one of the best Texas teams, in like three years.

Heisman race:

5. Ringer, Michigan State- The kid knows where the endzone is, and no one is stopping him until he gets there.

4. Graham Harrell, Texas Tech- Has a million passing yards, and has done it with his best reciever triple covered at all times.

3. Chase Daniel, Mizzou- Even with his bad second half vs. Ok. State, he has been one of the most efficient passers ever.

2. Coly McCoy, Texas- He has his signature win. He has a great comeback. He has an 80% completion percentage. He leads his team in rushing. He is the unquestioned leader of the number one team in the nation. If Texas finishes undefeated he wins.

1. Sam Bradford, Oklahoma- Wow. Even in the loss, he was spectacular. His qb rating would be an Oklahoma record, and this is after they had a 3-Time Herisman finalist (1 time winner) named Jason While there for like 15 years.

National Championship picture.

Texas, Alabama, Penn St. Oklahoma St., and Texas Tech are the final unbeatens in the major conferences. The Big 12 teams all play each other. Texas should be favored in all those games, but they will not be easy. Alabama must go to LSU, and still play Georgia. Penn St. has to go to Ohio State.

USC, Georgia, LSU, Florida, and Oklahoma all need help, but could find themselves in the title game.

My pick- Texas vs. Penn St.

Texas will win.

BCS Buster-BYU

Bosie State, Utah and BYU will all figure into the BCS, but if BYU beats Utah, and they are both undefeated, the winner will go to the BCS. If they both lose, and Boise State finishes perfect, it could go.

BCS not looking so hot this weekend. USC drops TWO SPOTS after WINNING 56-0!!! What were they suppose to do??? Win 100-0??? 200-0???. Same goes for Oklahoma, and they mightve got fucked even WORSE. They won 62-14, scoring their first 28 points in UNDER SIX MINUTES. BOTH of these teams dropped two spots. While I, Personally enjoy the BCS, becuase it gives us HUGE games basically every week of the season, this still seems quite the injustice.

Personally, I just cant see Texas Tech making it. I wont go out and say Okie State will beat them, but I really dont think they can go TO Norman, and beat Oklahoma. OK is great at home, and anyone could see that they had better athletes than Texas did, Texas just played a better game that day. I still got Oklahoma winning the Big 12. Although, if TX doesnt loose again, I guess that puts THEM into the Big 12 championship game, by leu of tiebreak. So, the Big 12 will eat itself alive. TX may still yet get to the national title.

Becuase I just cant see Bama running the Table. They will loose to Florida in the championship game, or maybe even next week to LSU. Penn Sate most likely goes undefeated this year, but who did they beat?? The team that USC beat by 30 is their signature win?? really?? Do we REALLY want to see the Big Ten get to ANOTHER title game just to get bitch slapped again?? I certainley dont.

Well, there's no doubt that the BCS blows monkey chunks. The only reason it's around is because Power conference schools are afraid that if they open it up to a playoff, then a mid-major school will win and thus, take money away from them.

The BCS is a joke, and always has been. Last year, Mizzou got snubbed, while two teams Mizzou beat got in. A joke. This year, it's possible that three teams will never lose a game, and one of them will have no chance to play for a national title. Just silliness.

in all honesty i love the BCS for a reason. Pitt plays in the worst BCS conference in all the land, they have a chance to play in a major bowl game even if they lose 2 or 3 non conference games. Shit when they got destroyed by Utah like 4 years ago they lost 4 games. Its a big payout for a smaller BCS school who was once a national powerhouse.

Year after yr a big ten team goes to the title game and they get destroyed by a school like LSU or even USC. I believe a one loss team in the SEC or Big 12 deserves a chance to play over a team like PSU. It's because they play a tougher schedule and their conferences are way better

in all honesty i love the BCS for a reason. Pitt plays in the worst BCS conference in all the land, they have a chance to play in a major bowl game even if they lose 2 or 3 non conference games. Shit when they got destroyed by Utah like 4 years ago they lost 4 games. Its a big payout for a smaller BCS school who was once a national powerhouse.
Meanwhile, deserving schools, teams who are far better than Pitt, get snubbed.

Year after yr a big ten team goes to the title game and they get destroyed by a school like LSU or even USC. I believe a one loss team in the SEC or Big 12 deserves a chance to play over a team like PSU. It's because they play a tougher schedule and their conferences are way better
No, year after year OHIO STATE goes to the title game and gets destroyed. Ohio State is a paper tiger, and they have been since Maurice Clarett left. They have ZERO offense, and their defense is more overrated than the SEC's "vaunted" defense (which regularly surrenders over 30 points a game to any team with an offense that has a pulse).

Penn State is different. They rack up points like it's going out of style. Unlike like Boreio State, they can actually score. They are deserving of every chance to play for a title.

Meanwhile, deserving schools, teams who are far better than Pitt, get snubbed.
The Big East used to be a powerful conference though when BC, and Va Tech and Miami were in it, and it seems to be making strides with Cinci, and even South Florida. I believe its still deserving of a BCS bid.

No, year after year OHIO STATE goes to the title game and gets destroyed. Ohio State is a paper tiger, and they have been since Maurice Clarett left. They have ZERO offense,
They have a running game and a smash mouth defense. Their offense excels when it creates turnovers, and defense wins championships, well at least for the most part.
and their defense is more overrated than the SEC's "vaunted" defense (which regularly surrenders over 30 points a game to any team with an offense that has a pulse).
I agree. Look at USC this year, they made them there bitch

Penn State is different. They rack up points like it's going out of style. Unlike like Boreio State, they can actually score. They are deserving of every chance to play for a title.
What has Penn State done this year? Beat a team by 7, when a team like USC dismantled them. If Alabama and Tech run the table they deserve to play in the title game. It's not complicated, schedule a tough non conference game like OSU did and see what happens

I agree that Penn State is much better than the majority of recent Big 10 winners, which is to say, Ohio St. However, I would still take the SEC and Big 12 winners over Penn St. should a three way tie occur. While it's true that Penn St. would have had just as much success as one of the other teams, it is fairly obvious that the Big Ten isn't as deep as either other conference, but then again, if everyone is undefeated, shouldn't they get a shot at the title?

Right now there are 6 unbeaten teams left. I'd think there's no way that they all make it, but at the end of the day, who's better: A 1 loss Florida or Texas, or an unbeaten Penn St? There's really no way you can prove it either way, which is why a playoff does seem to be the best alternative. What the specifics are for that is hard to say, but the BCS seems to have too many flaws to me. Now to be fair, it does work out the majority of the time, but not always, such as with Auburn, USC and Oklahoma a few years ago.

Brian, my question to you: Since when has OSU played like a team deserving of a big bowl game? They play a cake schedule for the most part. They've played two very good teams and lost to both of them. With USC they weren't even competitive. Two years in a row they've gone to the title game and gotten their asses handed to them. OSU is the most overrated team in the country and they've proven it time after time. Show me their big win for the last year or two. They lose against the very good teams because they're simply not as good. This great defense of their's doesn't stop the great offenses when they play them. OSU is overrated, end of story.

The Big East used to be a powerful conference though when BC, and Va Tech and Miami were in it, and it seems to be making strides with Cinci, and even South Florida. I believe its still deserving of a BCS bid.
Sure it is...just not automatic. There hasn't been a team in the Big East worthy of a BCS bid since those teams left.

They have a running game and a smash mouth defense. Their offense excels when it creates turnovers, and defense wins championships, well at least for the most part.
They have ZERO punch on offense. That's why they can never win big games, because they can't score. If their defense can't pitch a shutout, then Ohio State is in trouble.

And, defense doesn't win championships...not anymore. Good offense will ALWAYS beat good defense, because the offense has the advantage of knowing what they are doing ahead of time. Defense is reactionary.

I agree. Look at USC this year, they made them there bitch
And that's what happens in the SEC too. Take Flordia, for example. They are averaging nearly 43 points a game in SEC play this year, including games against LSU and Georgia. It's what I have been saying for years now. The SEC is overrated. They don't have good defense, they have terrible offense. Florida finally can score points, and they put it on SEC like crazy.

What has Penn State done this year?
Gone undefeated. You can't tell me there is a team that is better than Penn State, because no team has proven itself better than Penn State. Just like nobody has proven themselves better than Texas Tech and Alabama.

Until a team gets beaten, they should have EVERY right to play for the National Title.

If Alabama and Tech run the table they deserve to play in the title game.
I agree completely. And if Penn State runs the table, they deserve to play for the national championship.

If you can go undefeated, then you should get to play for a national title. That is what I've been saying all along.

It's not complicated, schedule a tough non conference game like OSU did and see what happens
Why do that, when the SEC has been playing non-conference sissies for years, and always get rewarded for it?

Sure it is...just not automatic. There hasn't been a team in the Big East worthy of a BCS bid since those teams left.
how about WVU last year? They destroyed Oklahoma

They have ZERO punch on offense. That's why they can never win big games, because they can't score. If their defense can't pitch a shutout, then Ohio State is in trouble.
Sly, I'm sort of agreeing with you here, if you stop the run, you make them one dimensional. If there defense doesn't create turnovers they lose.

And that's what happens in the SEC too. Take Flordia, for example. They are averaging nearly 43 points a game in SEC play this year, including games against LSU and Georgia. It's what I have been saying for years now. The SEC is overrated. They don't have good defense, they have terrible offense. Florida finally can score points, and they put it on SEC like crazy.
sly, once again i'm agreeing with you. They are overrated, thats why the Big 12 is the best conference in all the land.

Gone undefeated. You can't tell me there is a team that is better than Penn State, because no team has proven itself better than Penn State. Just like nobody has proven themselves better than Texas Tech and Alabama.
but when SOS comes into play, who did they beat this year? An overrated OSU team, and a bunch of pushover Big 10 teams?

Until a team gets beaten, they should have EVERY right to play for the National Title.
SOS would beg to differ

If you can go undefeated, then you should get to play for a national title. That is what I've been saying all along.
I agree to disagree. Tech has a big win, actually if they run the table they'll have several big wins, and so would Alabama, and PSU will have one decent win.

Brian, my question to you: Since when has OSU played like a team deserving of a big bowl game? They play a cake schedule for the most part. They've played two very good teams and lost to both of them. With USC they weren't even competitive. Two years in a row they've gone to the title game and gotten their asses handed to them. OSU is the most overrated team in the country and they've proven it time after time. Show me their big win for the last year or two. They lose against the very good teams because they're simply not as good. This great defense of their's doesn't stop the great offenses when they play them. OSU is overrated, end of story.

I'm not saying anything about Ohio State. I'm saying they've been overrated in previous years. But a team like tech or Bama is more deserving of a title game when they played in conferences that are deeper than the Big preTend.

how about WVU last year? They destroyed Oklahoma
A) Oklahoma seems to struggle to perform in the big games.
B) You're right, I completely forgot about West Virginia.

but when SOS comes into play, who did they beat this year? An overrated OSU team, and a bunch of pushover Big 10 teams?
A national champion shouldn't be decided based upon how strong or weak your conference opponents are. That is not fair at all. What, are you going to start recruiting for your opponents?

It isn't fair that an undefeated team be denied the opportunity to compete for a national title, because teams they HAVE to play are not good.

SOS would beg to differ
That might be, but what could Penn State have done differently? Schedules are made several years in advance. How could Penn State possibly have known how bad the Big Ten would be in football this year? Especially since Michigan (before this year) ALWAYS went to a bowl game, OSU was in numerous national title games, Wisconsin is more often than not in a New Year's Day bowl, and Illinois was rated in the Top 20 to begin the season?

Penn State did NOTHING different than what the SEC has been doing for years...the only difference is that the Big Ten sucks and doesn't get the hype like the SEC does.

I agree to disagree. Tech has a big win, actually if they run the table they'll have several big wins, and so would Alabama, and PSU will have one decent win.
That's great. I've already said that both Tech and Bama deserve a shot. But, why doesn't Penn State?

At the end of the day, if no one can beat Penn State, then how can you say they are not worthy of a national title shot?

I'm not saying anything about Ohio State. I'm saying they've been overrated in previous years. But a team like tech or Bama is more deserving of a title game when they played in conferences that are deeper than the Big preTend.
Really? Bama has beaten more quality teams than Penn State?

at No. 9 Clemson W 34-10 1-0 (0-0)
Tulane W 20-6 2-0 (0-0)
Western Kentucky W 41-7 3-0 (0-0)
at Arkansas W 49-14 4-0 (1-0)
at No. 3 Georgia W 41-30 5-0 (2-0)
Kentucky W 17-14 6-0 (3-0)
Mississippi W 24-20 7-0 (4-0)
at Tennessee W 29-9 8-0 (5-0)
Arkansas State W 35-0 9-0 (5-0)
at No. 16 LSU 3:30 PM ET CBS Tickets
Mississippi State TBA Tickets
Auburn TBA Tickets

Just where is the quality there? Clemson? A team so bad they fired their coach midway through the season? Western Kentucky, sporting their massive 2-7 record? Where's the competition there?

A national champion shouldn't be decided based upon how strong or weak your conference opponents are. That is not fair at all. What, are you going to start recruiting for your opponents?

It isn't fair that an undefeated team be denied the opportunity to compete for a national title, because teams they HAVE to play are not good.
I am gonna ask you a question, if Ball State, Utah, and Boise State win out, do they have the right to play in a BCS Bowl game?

That might be, but what could Penn State have done differently? Schedules are made several years in advance. How could Penn State possibly have known how bad the Big Ten would be in football this year? Especially since Michigan (before this year) ALWAYS went to a bowl game, OSU was in numerous national title games, Wisconsin is more often than not in a New Year's Day bowl, and Illinois was rated in the Top 20 to begin the season?
Schedule a big school, a school that is usually competitive, a school that usually wins 8 or 9 games a year. A school like USC, LSU, or even a school like FLA. Big Ten teams run right through the big ten but when they play a powerhouse they get dismantled.

Penn State did NOTHING different than what the SEC has been doing for years...the only difference is that the Big Ten sucks and doesn't get the hype like the SEC does.
get a championship game like the Big 12 or the SEC.

That's great. I've already said that both Tech and Bama deserve a shot. But, why doesn't Penn State?
their schedule.

At the end of the day, if no one can beat Penn State, then how can you say they are not worthy of a national title shot?
SO the Ball States of the World deserve a title shot also?

Really? Bama has beaten more quality teams than Penn State?

at No. 9 Clemson W 34-10 1-0 (0-0)
Tulane W 20-6 2-0 (0-0)
Western Kentucky W 41-7 3-0 (0-0)
at Arkansas W 49-14 4-0 (1-0)
at No. 3 Georgia W 41-30 5-0 (2-0)
Kentucky W 17-14 6-0 (3-0)
Mississippi W 24-20 7-0 (4-0)
at Tennessee W 29-9 8-0 (5-0)
Arkansas State W 35-0 9-0 (5-0)
at No. 16 LSU 3:30 PM ET CBS Tickets
Mississippi State TBA Tickets
Auburn TBA Tickets

Just where is the quality there? Clemson? A team so bad they fired their coach midway through the season? Western Kentucky, sporting their massive 2-7 record? Where's the competition there?
Alabama has a championship game if they win out the regular season, and win the title game they have every right to play in the championship game. They got LSU, their toughest game to date if they win that game more than likely they are finishing undefeated. more than likely they're gonna play FLA in the SEC championship game. If the defeat FLA in the SEC game they deseve the title game, they survived the SEC undefeated and they beat a top 5 team in the country, plus a tough LSU team, and a Georgia team that is good

I am gonna ask you a question, if Ball State, Utah, and Boise State win out, do they have the right to play in a BCS Bowl game?
If they don't lose, how can you argue they don't have the right to have a shot at the National Title?

Schedule a big school, a school that is usually competitive, a school that usually wins 8 or 9 games a year.
You just described their conference.

That's the thing. Usually that DOES describe the Big 10.

A school like USC, LSU, or even a school like FLA. Big Ten teams run right through the big ten but when they play a powerhouse they get dismantled.
For what purpose? Winning that game does nothing for you, and losing that game hurts you. Want an example? See the SEC.

get a championship game like the Big 12 or the SEC.
So, we're going to penalize a team and its players for something that they have no control over?

That makes a LOT of sense. And by "a lot" I really mean "none at all".

their schedule.
Is nothing they can control. They can't help the Big Ten sucking this year. All they can do is go out and win football games. Which is what they do.

SO the Ball States of the World deserve a title shot also?
Until proven otherwise. Until someone proves that Ball State can be defeated, can you really say they don't deserve a chance?

Alabama has a championship game if they win out the regular season,
And Penn State just won theirs 13-6 over Ohio State, with a match-up against Michigan State still looming.

and win the title game they have every right to play in the championship game. They got LSU, their toughest game to date if they win that game more than likely they are finishing undefeated. more than likely they're gonna play FLA in the SEC championship game.
LSU is overrated and clearly in a down year. I'd take Michigan State heads up with LSU.

If the defeat FLA in the SEC game they deseve the title game
For what? They didn't play anyone in non-conference, the teams in conference all sucked, outside of 1 or two...

What's the difference between them and Penn State?

they survived the SEC undefeated
Which means nothing since we both agree the SEC is ridiculously overrated.

and they beat a top 5 team in the country, plus a tough LSU team, and a Georgia team that is good
And Penn State beat a top 5 team in the country, plus a tough Michigan State team and a Wisconsin/Illinois team that is good.

Every thing you use to argue AGAINST Penn State applies to Alabama. They've played nobody non-conference (and I mean that in every sense possible), and their conference opponents have been weak, with the exception of one or two.

It's the SAME DAMN THING!

Now, I'm not arguing that Alabama shouldn't get a shot at the national title, because they do. So does Penn State. So does Texas Tech, and so does any team that runs through a season undefeated. Which is why the BCS is so dumb.

Well PSU lost, thank goodness. Now we dont have to worry anymore. It looks like we are going to get a Big 12-SEC showdown of some sort, which really, is what everyone wants. And if TXTC gets smoked By Oklahoma next week as I have predicted, it appears we will have TX, Oklahoma Vs Florida or Bama. Which I am satisfied with. In far more hilarious news, if things continue the way they are, OREGON STATE will be going to the Rose Bowl, and not USC. Both have one loss in the pac-10, but unfortunately for the Trojans, that one loss is to...Oregon State. So we will get a rematch of the epc Penn State-Oregon State game from week 2 or 3 ( :lmao: ) While USC goes off to lay an absolutely hellacious ass whipping in a smaller bowl, or possibly makes the BCS with an at-large bid, althought the at-large bid will most likely go to either TX or Oklahoma. Damn those Beavers. Damn them. I am sticking with my Predicitions of a shellacking by Oklahoma over TXTC at home, and I think Florida will take Bama in the SEC title game. Im not sure why, but I just cant buy into Bama. Maybe becuase they Barely beat a rebuilding LSU team, even when the LSU QB threw FOUR DAMN INTERCEPTIONS. A preformanc elike that against Timmy T and the Gators wont get it done. In fact, it will get you your ass whipped.

Well, yet again it appears as if the BCS is going to escape, but that's not for sure. Right now, this is the biggest problem that I see: suppose that tomorrow, Texas Tech loses. That means OU beat TT, TT beat TX, and TX beat OU. That means a three way tie. Supposing all three teams win out, the tie breaker? You guessed it. The BCS rankings. While it's sad that that's the best they can do. it means one of those teams could go because of a computer ranking? Come on now people. There has to be a better way.

Moving on, I have no idea what's going to happen in the SEC. On paper, there's no doubt that Florida is better, but I think too many people are proclaiming them champions too early. Bama could stumble, and I think that would make them stronger. It would give them something to get back up to. Right now, I have the title game as Florida vs. Texas, but that could change 10 times. I think OU will win tomorrow, but will they pass Texas in the BCS? Hard to say. USC is gone from the title hunt, and ESPN needs to get over it. They lost to a decent team, not a good one. They simply don't deserve to go. The Pac-10 is weak, and that's all there is to it. A lot of stuff to be decided, and we have 3 full weeks and conference title games to decide it. Should be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back