Dream Job?

ThePeoplesChampion

Getting Noticed By Management
I was reading an article about the top 50 dream college football jobs. The top 10 went as follows:

10. Michigan
9. Notre Dame
8. LSU
7. Nebraska
6. Ohio St.
5. Oklahoma
4. USC
3. Alabama
2. Florida
1. Texas

Now this article made this on a few factors...recruiting, tradition, ability to win championships and fan base

Now i actually totally agree with Texas as number one with those factors...they recruit in Texas where football is a religion, have a rich tradition, enormous fan base (practically the state of texas) and very much a good chance of winning titles...my question is do you agree with this list?

Would you move someone up or down based on these factors? was someone missing on this list?

Texas's main university wasn't even bowl eligible this year..

I'm sorry but that job has to go to Alabama. The school that's won the most national titles. The tradition there is very tight as well. I'm from Mississippi, so I see quite a few Bama fans (my roommate is one) and they won't root for any other team (unless that team is playing against Auburn).

Edit: I would take LSU off that list.

I think Michigan should be higher up the list, despite the poor 3 year run by RichRod. They aren't the NCAA's winningest program for nothing. 3 bad years shouldn't change that. Especially when schools like LSU have only 3 national titles compared to UM's 10 or 11 (however much they claim to have). ND is in the same boat. Those are still top prestige jobs.

As for who should be dropped down? LSU, for sure, and Florida should go down a few notches. Both schools have had recent success, but Florida State, Miami, Tennessee, and Penn State are for sure higher prestige jobs and have had a better history. Georgia could make a case as well.

Note: I'm assuming this is all time. If for right now, I think they got most of the teams right, but maybe shift a team up here or down there.

This list is pretty stupid. The idea of a "Dream Job" has jack shit to do with the storied tradition of a school, or its popularity. A "Dream Job" is one that a coach has dreamed about for a very long time. For a coach who grew up in Boston, it might be the Boston College job. For someone who grew up a Notre Dame fan, it might be that job. For someone who idolized Woody Hayes, it might be the Ohio State job. For an alum of Stanford, it could be the Stanford job. For someone who wants to live and coach in Los Angeles, it could be the USC job (or UCLA). For someone who dreamed of getting a job with the highest paycheck, it would be wherever the money is (I can go on for ages).

Yes, those jobs ranked might be the the most "prestigious", but to call it a "Dream Job" is just flat-out wrong. According to that list, I (a life-long Notre Dame Fan) would prefer the Texas job over the Notre Dame job, simply because it's on some list. That's asinine, if somehow I was the Head Coach of Notre Dame, I would fight to keep that job until I died. I wouldn't bail for Texas.

Onto the list. I think Notre Dame should be higher. Yes, they've been down for a few years, but they have the richest history of all the teams (Michigan is close), they have the largest fan-base (I doubt it's even close), they recruit extremely well (typically were in the top-10 recruiting classes), and they've been in plenty of BCS Bowls (3 appearances), and are on track to get back to them in the coming years (hell, could even be 2011 season).

This list is pretty stupid. The idea of a "Dream Job" has jack shit to do with the storied tradition of a school, or its popularity. A "Dream Job" is one that a coach has dreamed about for a very long time. For a coach who grew up in Boston, it might be the Boston College job. For someone who grew up a Notre Dame fan, it might be that job. For someone who idolized Woody Hayes, it might be the Ohio State job. For an alum of Stanford, it could be the Stanford job. For someone who wants to live and coach in Los Angeles, it could be the USC job (or UCLA). For someone who dreamed of getting a job with the highest paycheck, it would be wherever the money is (I can go on for ages).

Yes, those jobs ranked might be the the most "prestigious", but to call it a "Dream Job" is just flat-out wrong. According to that list, I (a life-long Notre Dame Fan) would prefer the Texas job over the Notre Dame job, simply because it's on some list. That's asinine, if somehow I was the Head Coach of Notre Dame, I would fight to keep that job until I died. I wouldn't bail for Texas.

Onto the list. I think Notre Dame should be higher. Yes, they've been down for a few years, but they have the richest history of all the teams (Michigan is close), they have the largest fan-base (I doubt it's even close), they recruit extremely well (typically were in the top-10 recruiting classes), and they've been in plenty of BCS Bowls (3 appearances), and are on track to get back to them in the coming years (hell, could even be 2011 season).

It was simply the name of the article. I in no way meant this is "dream jobs" I think what the article meant and what I meant are the best coaching jobs in college football..

I do agree I may HATE Notre Dame with an undying passion...but 9 is a little too low for a school with that much of a fan base and tradition...they can also recruit in practically any part of the country with ease....and also I may have a biase on this but Michigan is the winningest program of all time again have 10-11 national titles can recruit some talent as well and has a large fan base...If I had to rank them I'd go

1. Texas - They are the 2nd winningest program in all of college football, only behind Michigan, have a huge fan base, practically controls the Big 12, great recruiting. May not have as many titles as the Alabama's, Michigan's and Notre Dame's but they have some.

2. Alabama - 13 national titles the most of any college football team. A great and loyal fan base which just isn't in Alabama. Can recruit very well. and again Massive tradition thanks to Bear Bryant.

3. Notre Dame - 3rd most winning program, the biggest fan base in football and maybe sports honestly, maybe the richest traditions in college football, can recruit anywhere...maybe the only problem with this job is the academic standards but they have won a lot with those standards.

4. Michigan - 1st most winning program, huge fan base not quite as big as the pre mentioned but big, maybe the only program that can compete with Notre Dame for most tradition.

5. USC - rich tradition, not the biggest fan support, great location for recruiting. Lane Kiffin proved how much this job ment when he left Tennessee for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back