• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NBA Playoffs Spam Discussion

The Hawks playoff inexperience is simply showing. They'll still win this series and the next. They're at the very least going to make EFC. I guarantee it. There's just too much talent on that team not to.

This might be a bias here but the Bulls are going to surprise a lot of people in the next round. Milwaukee is better than they get credit for and they are a deep team, a lot deeper than Cleveland. They may not be able to stop LeBron but they can stop everyone else on that team and LeBron can't beat them by himself. Even if Cleveland gets past the Bulls they aren't making it to the finals, it's not happening.

This might be a bias here but the Bulls are going to surprise a lot of people in the next round. Milwaukee is better than they get credit for and they are a deep team, a lot deeper than Cleveland.

The Bucks best offensive player is OJ Mayo. So no Milwaukee is not better than they get credit for. They are a fine young team but there's no excuse for the Bulls to not have taken care of them in 5 games at the most.

They may not be able to stop LeBron but they can stop everyone else on that team and LeBron can't beat them by himself. Even if Cleveland gets past the Bulls they aren't making it to the finals, it's not happening.

I also think you're forgetting a guy by the name of Kyrie Irving. Last time I checked he averaged nearly 22 points per game and scored 55+ twice this season. Even without Love I don't see anyone in the East beating Cleveland. The Bulls turn the ball over too much and don't have an answer for LeBron or Kyrie, Washington doesn't have enough fire power, and Atlanta is basically the 2014 Pacers.

The Bucks best offensive player is OJ Mayo. So no Milwaukee is not better than they get credit for. They are a fine young team but there's no excuse for the Bulls to not have taken care of them in 5 games at the most.

That part I agree with but it's only the 1st round. I still think Milwaukee is a better team than they get credit for but it's still the 1st round after all. I can't count how many times teams have started off rocky and picked it up. It's not the same sport but the Red Wings in '08 fit that description to a tee.

I also think you're forgetting a guy by the name of Kyrie Irving. Last time I checked he averaged nearly 22 points per game and scored 55+ twice this season. Even without Love I don't see anyone in the East beating Cleveland. The Bulls turn the ball over too much and don't have an answer for LeBron or Kyrie, Washington doesn't have enough fire power, and Atlanta is basically the 2014 Pacers.

Oh believe me I haven't forgot about Kyrie Irving, it's hard to considering that guy has made me a good chunk of change this season. Chicago and Washington can take care of Irving, they can't take care of LeBron but then again they don't need to, I remember a certain Pistons team not even try to defend Shaq and still dominated a Laker team that on paper was superior. At the end of the day a team wins the series, not just a player. I don't even consider Atlanta in this, comparing them to last years Pacer team is pretty accurate.

The 2004 Pistons were a different animal. For my money they were the best "Team" in NBA history (I'm not saying they would beat teams like the 60s Celtics, 80s Lakers, or 90s Bulls, just that they played the best team basketball). The Bulls are no where near that level. LeBron and Kyrie will be the two best players in that series. Losing Love hurts but guys like Mozgov, Shumpert, and Thompson have a lot of talent and will be a good enough supporting cast.

I don't think for a second Washington or Chicago are as good as the '04 Pistons but I do think both teams are good enough to beat Cleveland out of the playoffs. I can see Cleveland beating one, but not both.

Look, I know the Hawks haven't looked impressive so far in the playoffs, but let's not act like a 60 win season is something to scoff at. I'll give the Hawks the best chance out of any of the remaining teams to beat Cleveland. The Hawks did give LeBron his worse home loss in history along with a 3-1 record against Cleveland this year. I wouldn't be fooled by Washington's performance against Toronto as they've struggled mighty heavily for most of the season. As for the Bulls, it's not even a given they get past Milwaukee at this point. If the Hawks ever get their act together in the next few games, then Cleveland better hope Love is back for the ECF.

This past week has been increasingly frustrating. I don't believe in any magical switch that gets flipped so that the game is incredibly different in the post season than it is in the regular season, but it's almost seems like the Hawks have forgotten how to play basketball. We've lost the ability to hit open jump shots, Horford/Antic/Millsap might as well be flimsy paper trying to guard Lopez, and if I see another Jarrett Jack contested mid-range shot go in, I may snap. Oh, and it doesn't help that Deron Williams actually decided to show up last night. We better improve in this next two games, or I do not like our chances against Washington at all.

EDIT: Hell, we may not even see Washington if we continue to play like we have.

Lopez is a matchup nightmare for the Hawks, but the Hawks are not losing the battle in the paint so I don't think that's an issue. I think the Hawks have played well but they just shut off in the 4th too many times and let the Nets back in. Probably due to inexperience in the playoffs.

Yep the Wiz will provide issues for the Hawks with their bigs. Though I think Horford or Milsap can hang with Pierce at the power forward position. The raptors had no solution to that.

Yup. The Bucks might have a deep bench but they struggle to score if they don't score in transition with a stop. But their defence is pretty good.

I think the issue with the Cavs without Love is they have to play James Jones in Lebron post up + 4 shooters lineups. And it is going to be bad in the next round with JR Smith missing games as well. That is going to expose the defence to really smart teams.

Spurs/Clippers what a series. So many great plays and so many mistakes. Warriors going 16-0 to the title will be pretty boring in comparison.

That Clippers/Spurs game tonight was phenomenal, capping off what was undoubtedly the greatest 1st round series in the history of the NBA. Awesome, awesome stuff. Both teams deserve all the respect in the World.

That Clippers/Spurs game tonight was phenomenal, capping off what was undoubtedly the greatest 1st round series in the history of the NBA. Awesome, awesome stuff. Both teams deserve all the respect in the World.

The Spurs are my favorite team in the NBA. I would have loved for the AT&T Center to get one more banner. But my hats off to the Clippers. They're an exciting team with an electric fan base.

I have to go back to 1994 for a first-round series that matched tonight's intensity. The Denver Nuggets eliminated the 63 win Seattle SuperSonics. It was pure magic. I still get goosebumps when I see Mutombo clutching the basketball as the buzzer rang.

The Spurs-Clippers game was special for other reasons. We don't know if the core of the Spurs will remain intact. But regardless of what happens, tonight they gave fans a treat that will be remembered for decades.

What I'm really excited about is that none of these teams have won a championship since the 90s, some even longer, and most have never won a championship. No Lakers, no Spurs, no Pistons, no Celtics, and not Heat mean we'll finally see something new this year.

I have to go back to 1994 for a first-round series that matched tonight's intensity. The Denver Nuggets eliminated the 63 win Seattle SuperSonics. It was pure magic. I still get goosebumps when I see Mutombo clutching the basketball as the buzzer rang.

Yeah I didn't get to see that live but back when I was a massive NBA fan I had NBATV on pretty much 24/7, and in its early glory days all they really aired were classic games, so I got to see Game 5 of that series a couple of times.

That said, if that was a 7 game series like 1st Rounders are today, Seattle would have most likely won games 6 and 7.

What I'm really excited about is that none of these teams have won a championship since the 90s, some even longer, and most have never won a championship. No Lakers, no Spurs, no Pistons, no Celtics, and not Heat mean we'll finally see something new this year.

Yeah I read a stat yesterday that said this will be the first Finals since 1998 that didn't include the Lakers, Spurs, and Heat. Amazing.

With the heavy hitters out of contention, I am cheering for the Cavs. For decades I have wanted to see them win an NBA Title. That's going back to the days of Brad Daugherty and Mark Price. Plus, an NBA championship would do wonders for the city of Cleveland.

The Warriors/Grizzlies game wasn't even close. I sure do hope that Mike Conley comes back in time for game 3 at least. Dude is a great defensive player and is very underrated as a scorer and passer. Z-Bo and Gasol did work for the Grizzlies tonight but no one else did. Jeff Green has got to step up in the next game if the Grizzlies don't want to get blown out again.

Looking forward to the Cavs/Bulls game tomorrow. Big blow losing Kevin Love though. Love is a good rebounder and can stretch the floor. Noah would've had a harder time guarding Love than Thompson. Unless they go with Lebron at the 4 and start Mike Miller or James Jones at the 3.

After watching game 1 all I got to say is Cleveland better find an answer for Gasol, if they don't they ain't winning that series.

3 of the 4 series have the lower seed stealing homecourt in the first game. 2nd round is already looking to be better than the first.

Yup Curry deserves it. The top 3 of Curry, Harden and Lebron is perfect too. Just kind of annoyed Westbrook got 4th over Davis but his run of triple doubles probably gave him more votes.

Klay Thompson getting a 5th place vote. :lol:

Klay Thompson getting a 5th place vote. :lol:

It fucking amazes me they let people with such incompetence vote on something so important. The top 5 is so easy a child could vote correctly. Lebron, Harden, Steph, Westbrook, CP3 in no order, not to mention Davis. Same bullshit happened with that one guy who stopped Lebron getting the unanimous MVP. Insane.

Great second round with all series tied 1-1

GSW/Memphis- I think this will be much closer than people thought, especially with Conley back. Still have the Dubs winning it.

LAC/Hou- If CP3 comes back to play the rest of the series than the Clippers win it. If he misses more games it could go either way.

ATL/WAS- I'm going with the Hawks because of the John Wall injury.

Cle/Chicago- Sticking with Cleveland. LeBron won't let the Cavs lose before the finals.

Damn it Warriors. I wanted to witness a historic 16-0 title win. :lol: Still MEM/GSW should prove to be the best series in terms of quality of games. Both teams can defend really well.

I agree Clippers should win if CP 3 is back. How the heck did they remain competitive with AUSTIN RIVERS at point? Seems like every playoffs we see teams transform after playing the Spurs in a series. It's like competing against the Spurs in the playoffs is a rite of passage for a team to become good and the Clips was it this season. Even Portland after the playoffs last season was great in the regular season and built for the playoffs until injuries.

I like the Bulls better against the Cavs but they always seem to give games away in the playoffs. Lebron will have to carry the team again due to a really short bench. Not sure if Cavs iso ball or Bulls inconsistency is more worrying.

Atlanta is winning if Wall is out.

Warriors/Memphis is really intriguing because I think the Grizzlies match up very well against the Warriors. Need Gasol and Randolph to control the paint and grab boards, but with Conley back, the Warriors will have a much harder time on the perimeter. Live by the three, die by the three

Clips/Houston is a rough one to predict. If Paul was playing and healthy, i'd go with them in a heartbeat. Nobody on Houston can check Paul. Without him, it's 50/50. Austin Rivers needs to put on his big boy pants. He's played decently, but he needs to cut down on the stupid mistakes. Blake Griffin is playing out of his fucking mind. I can't bring myself to make a prediction because it's so close.

Sucks Wall is hurt. I think it was Washington's series with him healthy.

Bulls can't handle TT. With him starting, the Bulls have nobody that can remotely box him out. Rose is proving he can't be trusted night in and night out, he just doesn't have it in him and I don't think Thibs will realize that and give him extra rest. With Smith coming back, and Noah's horrific offense, I don't see this series even going 7. Cavs in 6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back